frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Does being mentally disabled make someone wrong, or is this a form of prejudice?

Debate Information

I won't name names, but a user on this site implied that I was wrong because I live with mental illness. Instead of refuting my claims with facts and evidence, this person used what I believe to be the ad homenim fallacy, and ablist bigotry. I also don't believe that me being mentally disabled makes me wrong, or even right, for that matter. i believe in logic, facts, and evidence, not appeals to emotion, or logical fallacies.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -  
    through-out human history, people tended to shun those who are different than the rest of the tribe. those who are handicap either physically or mentally could genetically harm their very existence in the same way as a disease ridden individual could. in todays world very few handicap are taken seriouslly because of this.  I have known savants who could perform math in the blink of an eye yet fail in recalling the date.  so no, you are no wrong just because you have any sort of disorder.  @YeshuaBought
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    No. Your argument may or may not be wrong. But whether the argument is right or wrong is completely independent from who makes it. If Kim Jong-Un says that 2+2=4, does it make the claim that 2+2=4 wrong? Apparently not.

Also, be careful with labels. "Mentally disabled" is a very broad term, and it is also quite subjective. Even if a doctor has diagnosed you with mental illness, you do not have to accept the diagnosis, as what is considered "mental illness" or not changes from year to year, and perhaps 50 years later nobody will view your condition as even worth mentioning.

Just make the best with what you have. We all are limited by the properties of our brains and bodies, but all of us can achieve success in life if we just utilise our resources properly.
    Blastcat
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @YeshuaBought ; When one lives a lie and refuses the truth that is before them, this is a form of psychosis...a refusal or inability to correctly perceive reality and evidence. You repetitively call yourself a Christian...a "gay Christian" when a simple understanding of the Scriptures wholly negates your claim...yet you persist as if your immorality is optional and you're somehow "special."  This is not healthy and you are living in deception and you are seeking death in sin and Hell because you mock God and His righteous decrees. 

Blastcat
  • maxxmaxx 1131 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    talk about needing medication.   go troll somewhere else   look the definition of a troll up,  go ahead, you will see it applies to you@RickeyD
  • @YeshuaBought ; if the person dismissed and rejected an argument you made based purely on the fact that you have a mental illness then yes they are committing an ad hominem fallacy. However, If they are just name-calling then they are just an a*hole.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    Why don't you name me? 

@Maxx asked a question and from several responses you claimed anyone who didn't know what reality is was mentally unwell , I asked you  and @CYDdharta to explain to me what reality was and you and he couldn't answer 

You accused me of being mentally unwell for asking " what is reality " is but as usual turn it into an issue about you , so tell the forum what is reality as you said anyone who didn't know this was mentally unwell so explain please what's reality ?  Do you as a self confessed Christian wish to deny this as your god is a witness? Or you can as Christian admit you're  wrong and you're taking my character unjustly ,you most possibly will deny such yet go to church on Sunday and pray for sinners .....How do you sleep at night? 

@YeshuaBought earlier today replied to a question I asked "
    ***** . Leave me alone, you ****ing C***!"

Blastcat
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @maxx ; My comment applies to you as well.
    Blastcat
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD Health is very important, and mental health is no exception. This is a very good observation, Thank you for bringing it up!
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
    @Happy_Killbot ; You, as well, are mentally and spiritually ill...this is pervasive in atheism which a psychosis leading to death of the body in sin and death of the soul in Hell.

Blastcat
    @RickeyD It is so good that you are concerned for the health and well being of others. I appreciate that.
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

@Happy_Killbot ; I am concerned about your soul...you will die in the body but you will live in the spirit. My concern is where you will be relegated upon death of the body in Time.

Blastcat
    @RickeyD It is very wise to care about other people!

@Happy_Killbot ; I is good to care about the body but it is love that sacrifices for the soul.

Blastcat
    @RickeyD Showing people love and kindness is something everyone should take to heart.

Blastcat
    @RickeyD I think that everyone should be nice to everyone, even if they are different. Do you think this too?

• YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    maxx said:
    through-out human history, people tended to shun those who are different than the rest of the tribe. those who are handicap either physically or mentally could genetically harm their very existence in the same way as a disease ridden individual could. in todays world very few handicap are taken seriouslly because of this.  I have known savants who could perform math in the blink of an eye yet fail in recalling the date.  so no, you are no wrong just because you have any sort of disorder.  @YeshuaBought
    I agree. it is a form of prejudice.
    @YeshuaBought ; if the person dismissed and rejected an argument you made based purely on the fact that you have a mental illness then yes they are committing an ad hominem fallacy. However, If they are just name-calling then they are just an a*hole.
    Fair enough, i can agree to that.
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; When one lives a lie and refuses the truth that is before them, this is a form of psychosis...a refusal or inability to correctly perceive reality and evidence. You repetitively call yourself a Christian...a "gay Christian" when a simple understanding of the Scriptures wholly negates your claim...yet you persist as if your immorality is optional and you're somehow "special."  This is not healthy and you are living in deception and you are seeking death in sin and Hell because you mock God and His righteous decrees. 

You don't have the right to say that I am not a christian, when i am and you don't have the right to call yourself a Christian, when you make fun of my disability. You sir, are not a Christian, because you refuse to obey Jesus, when He said to do unto others, and you are just an ablist bigot. You don't have the right to call yourself a Christian, and treat people like ****! No one on this site takes you seriously, and you owe Jesus and us, an apology.
    @Happy_Killbot ; You are obviously a sweet and caring soul. Very impressive.
    Blastcat
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @YeshuaBought I do have the right and obligation to tell you and warn you that there are NO unrepentant gay Christians. If you understood Scripture and if you knew our Creator you would know this truism. You cannot live in repentant sin and truly love the God who died to pay your sin-debt. You are NOT a Christian....you are a servant of Satan unaware.

"No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."  1 John 3:9 (NASB)

Blastcat
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought I do have the right and obligation to tell you and warn you that there are NO unrepentant gay Christians. If you understood Scripture and if you knew our Creator you would know this truism. You cannot live in repentant sin and truly love the God who died to pay your sin-debt. You are NOT a Christian....you are a servant of Satan unaware.

"No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."  1 John 3:9 (NASB)

No you don't. You don't have the right to force your opinion on me, and you don't have the right to say I am not a Christian. You also don't have the right to attack these people, in Jesus' Name. I will never agree with you, so stop forcing your political opinion on me. I have the right to liberty.
    @YeshuaBought ; It's NOT my opinion, it's the Truth of the Holy Spirit. If you have a problem with the Truth of your heresy, discuss it with the Holy Spirit.

Blastcat
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; It's NOT my opinion, it's the Truth of the Holy Spirit. If you have a problem with the Truth of your heresy, discuss it with the Holy Spirit.

Yes it is your opinion, and you don't know me, or what Jesus is doing in my life, and you don't have the right to say i am not a Christian, because I am. I will never agree with your hateful no true Scotsman fallacy, so stop forcing your opinion on me.
    @YeshuaBought ; Again, ad nauseam, it's NOT my opinion. God the Holy Spirit has told you that your lesbianism is sin against God's Covenant of Marriage and unless you repent of sin and truly trust in Yeshua as Lord, you will die in sin and Hell.

Blastcat
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; If you continue in willful sin against God, you are NOT a Christian.

You don't have the right to say that I am not a Christian, and you need to leave me alone, and stop posting on me debates, or I will sue you for harassment. Don't test me, *****!
    @YeshuaBought ; Do whatever you must do....but no one who sins against God willfully is a child of God.

No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.  1 John 3:9

Blastcat
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; Do whatever you must do....but no one who sins against God willfully is a child of God.

No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.  1 John 3:9

Leave me alone, and stop posting on my debates. i have reported you for cyberbullying, and harassment.
    @YeshuaBought ; Enjoy. No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.  1 John 3:9
    Blastcat
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; Enjoy. No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.  1 John 3:9
    Leave me alone.
    @YeshuaBought ; Stop engaging me on my OP's...I've asked you to not engage me but you refuse...  No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.  1 John 3:9
    Blastcat
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; Stop engaging me on my OP's...I've asked you to not engage me but you refuse...  No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.  1 John 3:9
    Leave me alone. You are the one harassing me, and you need to leave me alone. I have reported you for abuse on multiple occasions, and you need to leave me alone.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

*****I won't name names, but a user on this site implied that I was wrong because I live with mental illness. Instead of refuting my claims with facts and evidence, this person used what I believe to be the ad homenim fallacy, and ablist bigotry. I also don't believe that me being mentally disabled makes me wrong, or even right, for that matter. i believe in logic, facts, and evidence, not appeals to emotion, or logical fallacies.

Just to let the forum know what type of person at  @yeshuabought actually is , here is the conversation where I asked her to explain reality , and she actually accused me of being mentally unwell for asking such but of course turns it into her being a victim ........

Dee said:

@CYDdharta 

What is reality? 

I rest my case.

@CYDdharta ;

How can you “rest your case “ when you cannot even make one? So give it a go seeing as to you it’s so obvious

Dee said:

@CYDdharta ;

How can you “rest your case “ when you cannot even make one? So give it a go seeing as to you it’s so obvious

YeshuaBought 581 Pts

January 25 Flag

Dee said:

@CYDdharta ;

He already did. You are out of touch. Anyone who asks what reality is, needs mental healthcare.

Blastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

You’re not a Christian where did Jesus say you should respond to others like this ..... @YeshuaBought earlier today replied to a question I asked "

Blastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

You’re not a Christian where did Jesus say you should respond to others like this ..... @YeshuaBought earlier today replied to a question I asked "

Blastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

Blastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

*****I won't name names, but a user on this site implied that I was wrong because I live with mental illness. Instead of refuting my claims with facts and evidence, this person used what I believe to be the ad homenim fallacy, and ablist bigotry. I also don't believe that me being mentally disabled makes me wrong, or even right, for that matter. i believe in logic, facts, and evidence, not appeals to emotion, or logical fallacies.

Just to let the forum know what type of person at  @yeshuabought actually is , here is the conversation where I asked her to explain reality , and she actually accused me of being mentally unwell for asking such but of course turns it into her being a victim ........

Dee said:

@CYDdharta 

What is reality? 

I rest my case.

@CYDdharta ;

Dee said:

@CYDdharta ;

YeshuaBought 581 Pts

January 25 Flag

Dee said:

@CYDdharta ;

He already did. You are out of touch. Anyone who asks what reality is, needs mental healthcare.

Blastcat
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @YeshuaBought

Just to let the forum know what type of person at  @yeshuabought actually is , here is the conversation where I asked her to explain reality , and she actually accused me of being mentally unwell for asking such but of course turns it into her being a victim ........

This is why you’re banned from several debate sites , you’re a truly awful example of a Christian

When you read this piece that proves conclusively you’re  a , maybe you can tell me what reality is seeing as anyone who asks such is mentally I’ll ( your words not mine) 

Dee said:

@CYDdharta 

What is reality? 

I rest my case.

@CYDdharta ;

Dee said:

@CYDdharta ;

YeshuaBought 581 Pts

January 25 Flag

Dee said:

@CYDdharta ;

Blastcat
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -  
    I don't think it matters who is disabled if they give proper arguments
    why so serious?
    Dee said:

Just to let the forum know what type of person at  @yeshuabought actually is , here is the conversation where I asked her to explain reality , and she actually accused me of being mentally unwell for asking such but of course turns it into her being a victim ........

Dee said:

@CYDdharta 

What is reality? 

I rest my case.

@CYDdharta ;

Dee said:

@CYDdharta ;

YeshuaBought 581 Pts

January 25 Flag

Dee said:

@CYDdharta ;

I don't have to explain reality, so please stop trying.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

**** I don't have to explain reality,

But you said anyone who didn’t know what it was was mentally unwell, so what is it?

Blastcat
    Dee said:
    @YeshuaBought

**** I don't have to explain reality,

But you said anyone who didn’t know what it was was mentally unwell, so what is it?

I don't have to answer your question, and I never will, so stop trying. Anyone with a logical mind, believes in reality.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

***** Anyone with a logical mind, believes in reality.

Where did I say I don’t believe in reality? 
    Blastcat
    Dee said:
    @YeshuaBought

***** Anyone with a logical mind, believes in reality.

Where did I say I don’t believe in reality? 
    You really are trolling, then.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

**** You really are trolling, then.

I asked you a question you cannot answer it that’s fine .....hows that trolling?
    Blastcat
    Dee said:
    @YeshuaBought

**** You really are trolling, then.

I asked you a question you cannot answer it that’s fine .....hows that trolling?
    I don't have to answer your question, and I never will, so stop trying.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

***** I don't have to answer your question, and I never will, so stop trying

I agree you’ve no answer .....that’s fine 

Blastcat
    Dee said:
    @YeshuaBought

***** I don't have to answer your question, and I never will, so stop trying

I agree you’ve no answer .....that’s fine 

I don't have to answer you, and I never will.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

**** I don't have to answer you, and I never will

Yes I know you cannot answer why do you keep repeating yourself 
    Blastcat
    Dee said:
    @YeshuaBought

**** I don't have to answer you, and I never will

Yes I know you cannot answer why do you keep repeating yourself 
    Are you done trolling, yet?
    Dee