frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What do you think of DebateIsland's new 'civility' feature?

Debate Information

DebateIsland has just introduced a new 'civility' feature, preventing inconsiderate arguments from being posted.
Personally, I'm not happy with AI deciding what's considerate and what's inconsiderate. Debra AI is great, but it has its limitations. And I don't want those limitations to get in the way of my posting.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    So many are not civil, on this site. Nothing is ever done, about libel or abuse.
    xlJ_dolphin_473
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1712 Pts   -  
    So many are not civil, on this site. Nothing is ever done, about libel or abuse.
    I agree. But what do you think of the feature? Is it helping to reduce inconsiderateness? Or is it just an annoyance?
    I agree. But what do you think of the feature? Is it helping to reduce inconsiderateness? Or is it just an annoyance?
    Thank you. I hate it, because even when I am being civil, my comments don't always make it.
    xlJ_dolphin_473
    Thank you. I hate it, because even when I am being civil, my comments don't always make it.
    I find it annoying too.
    YeshuaBought
    I find it annoying too.
    Right?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

***** Nothing is ever done, about libel or abuse.

Yet this was brought in to stop abuse so that’s something , 

Lucky for you nothing is done about libel 
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought Mute Dee if you care so much. I am honestly tired of your trolling and drama
    Dee
    why so serious?
  • I agree it's a good thing due to the lack of high quality. I mean there is good quality here but right now it seems a lot of the times people are acting like obnoxious children. To me, it's not about quantity; it's about quality. Funnily enough, I think that's also how most webmasters work and do note this is a relatively new site. I am actually quite optimistic that this site will have many more good things to come. I think there might also be a consideration in place to automatically prevent irrelevant off-topic posts in the future too.

smoothie said:
    @YeshuaBought Mute Dee if you care so much. I am honestly tired of your trolling and drama
    I am too. i have reported that person several times, for libel and harassment, yet the owner, won't ban them.
    smoothie said:
    I have done nothing wrong, and stand by what I said. You don't have the right, to lie about me, and I am reporting you, for abuse.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @YeshuaBought

****** I have reported that person several times, for libel and harassment, yet the owner, won't ban them

I have reported you  several times, for libel and harassment, . You’re a hysterical wailing drama queen who tells everyone I’m leaving then 10 minutes later is back trolling ......I fold Aarong about you being banned on CD for the same thing stop sulking 

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

****** I have reported that person several times, for libel and harassment, yet the owner, won't ban them

I have reported you  several times, for libel and harassment, . You’re a hysterical wailing drama queen who tells everyone I’m leaving then 10 minutes later is back trolling ......I fold Aarong about you being banned on CD for the same thing stop sulking 

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought

It’s all you ever do , do you ever stop trolling ?
    Dee said:
    @YeshuaBought

It’s all you ever do , do you ever stop trolling ?
    Leave me alone. You don't have the right, to harass me.
    Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @smoothie

Everyone is sick of her wailing she loves the drama 
  • JGXdebatePROJGXdebatePRO 408 Pts   -  
    whoa wait.. were now letting AI decide what's appropriate now? when did i get a say in this...
    xlJ_dolphin_473TGMasterX
    “The best revenge is not to be like your enemy.” – Marcus Aurelius
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1712 Pts   -   edited March 2020
    @JGXdebatePRO
    Debra AI was added a couple of years back, to reduce the need for moderators I presume.
    The civility feature, however, is fairly new.
    @JGXdebatePRO
    Debra AI was added a couple of years back, to reduce the need for moderators I presume.
    Fair enough, but what i object to is robots censoring our comments.
    xlJ_dolphin_473TGMasterX
    @JGXdebatePRO
    Why? Welcome to the world where robots control everything, and do so much better than humans ever could. @JGXdebatePRO
    @JGXdebatePRO
    Why? Welcome to the world where robots control everything, and do so much better than humans ever could. @JGXdebatePRO
    We are honestly looking a scenario where robots could have extreme dominance over human society. This sounds like a dystopian society that nobody would like to live in.
    TGMasterX
    @JGXdebatePRO
    We are honestly looking a scenario where robots could have extreme dominance over human society. This sounds like a dystopian society that nobody would like to live in.
    That may be true, but here's the thing: the robots do a better job than the humans. As humans, we like to be in power, but we would probably be better off if we handed some of the power over to the robots.
    @JGXdebatePRO
    And if you're worried about robots taking over, don't worry because our main concern is that they do whatever they're told and never rebel, even if they're told to go out and kill people. You see, this is why I'm not happy in relation to killbots.
    @JGXdebatePRO
    That may be true, but here's the thing: the robots do a better job than the humans. As humans, we like to be in power, but we would probably be better off if we handed some of the power over to the robots.
    @XIj_dolphin_473 This is a dangerous point of view. It seems fatalist and i would recommend seeing a psychiatrist about this point of view.
    TGMasterX
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1712 Pts   -   edited March 2020
    @JGXdebatePRO
    @XIj_dolphin_473 This is a dangerous point of view. It seems fatalist and i would recommend seeing a psychiatrist about this point of view.
    Well your point of view seems old fashioned and archaic. Robots do many things for us, which have improved our lives in many different ways. I am not fatalist, I am pro-automation and pro-humanity. We may look forward to a future where we do not even have jobs, and robots provide our necessities. @JGXdebatePRO