frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Does the non Religious mindset align with U.S. Values?

Debate Information

I understand how some may view Religion in general, but aren't our individual values, an inner reflection of our inner mindsets?

Being Non Religious is voluntary.

Just as being Religious is voluntary.

Hence the question, do some and their non Religious mindsets align with U.S. Values? 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    What are “U S values”?

***** Just as being Religious is voluntary

Being religious in the majority of cases is not “voluntary “ did you tell your parents as an infant what religion you wanted to be?
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

"What are “U.S., values”?"

https://usahello.org/resources/american-values/

"What are American values? What is important to Americans?"

"Understand American values and learn about what is important to Americans. Read why Americans value independence, equality, and being on time. You will see why Americans are direct and informal and why competition, work ethic, and buying things are all important in the USA."

@Dee ;
    Does your non Religious mindset align with US Values? 

My values are American values.
    ***** Americans value independence, equality, and being on time. 

How are they “American Values”?   Did America copyright them? 

Incidentally you and your fellow Christians detest same sex marriage and relationships what part of equality is that again? 

Also failed to address........ Being religious in the majority of cases is not “voluntary “ did you tell your parents as an infant what religion you wanted to be?

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5966 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    Everyone views "US values" through the prism of their personal perception. To me, the defining US value as compared to the rest of the world is the emphasis on individual liberties, and those, I would argue, are incompatible with monotheistic religions. They might be compatible with polytheistic or non-deistic religions (like Buddhism), and they are absolutely compatible with agnosticism/atheism/anti-theism.

The problem with monotheistic religions is the presence of a singular authority figure, which runs contrary to the idea of individual liberty (where each person is subservient only to themselves). Polytheistic religions mitigate it some by giving each believer a choice on which deity to follow, including the choice to follow multiple ones or none, and religions and other world views not involving gods may allow the individual to be their own master with no strings attached. Of course, it is not always the case - for example, dialectical materialism, while fundamentally being atheistic, has little regard for individual liberties. Lack of a singular deity is a necessary, but not a sufficient condition for compatibility with the idea of individual liberty.

Now, I personally do not like to say that I espouse the US values, because, first, there is nothing special about the US that makes these values unapplicable to other countries, and second, because I believe that these values are universal and are based on pure logic, not on some national traditionalist system of beliefs. I do say that I am a voluntarist, however, and voluntarism partially intersects with the Founding Fathers' beliefs (although they did not go far enough into individualism, in my opinion, and stopped half-way through, compromising with the federalist collectivist lobby).

Voluntarism states that people must interact with each other in a purely consensual way, never employing coercion, except to protect themselves and others from coercion. Things like "Behave morally, or you will rot in Hell for eternity" are obviously coercive and incompatible with voluntarism; voluntatism does not place any conditions on your freedom and happiness and allows you to have them by default.
    Politically, voluntarism generally manifests as anarcho-capitalism, although I find this term to be a little too restrictive.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @Dee

You've been for harassing the forum, and for harassing and insulting my family with your off topic words.

The evidence:

"Being religious in the majority of cases is not “voluntary “ (did you tell your parents as an infant what religion you wanted to be?")

"How are they “American Values”?   Did America copyright them? 

Incidentally you and your fellow Christians detest same sex marriage and relationships what part of equality is that again? 

Also failed to address........ Being religious in the majority of cases is not “voluntary “ (did you tell your parents as an infant what religion you wanted to be?")

Plaffelvohfen
    @MayCaesar

I'm not asking for your personal politics in regards to the forum.

I'm asking for a response to this question:

"Does the non Religious mindset align with U.S. Values?"

@MayCaesar does your non Religious mindset align with U.S. values?

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

****** You've been for harassing the forum, and for harassing and insulting my family with your off topic words

I’ve “harassed “ no one I asked you two questions you cannot answer ...... You were asked and cannot answer ....."Being religious in the majority of cases is not “voluntary “ (did you tell your parents as an infant what religion you wanted to be?"

How is that “harrasssment “ 

*****Incidentally you and your fellow Christians detest same sex marriage and relationships what part of equality is that again? 

How is the truth “harrasssment “?

Ok tell me you and your fellow Christians support “same sex marriages” 

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

I’ve reported you asking questions on a debate site is not “harrasssment “
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

Did i make my family a part of this debate?

No, I didn't, but you personally made it your choice, to bring them into the debate, with these debate responses from you:

First example:

"Being religious in the majority of cases is not “voluntary “
    (did you tell your parents as an infant what religion you wanted to be?" )

Second example:

"How are they “American Values”?   Did America copyright them?"

Also failed to address........ Being religious in the majority of cases is not “voluntary “

("did you tell your parents as an infant what religion you wanted to be?" )

@Dee

We'll see what Aarong says:

"@TKDB

"I’ve reported you asking questions on a debate site is not “harrasssment “ 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

***** We'll see what Aarong says ......Did i make my family a part of this debate?

No, I didn't, but you personally made it your choice, to bring them into the debate, with these debate responses from you:

First example:....

So asking you this question is “bringing your family into it “ and offends you ......WOW!
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Dee

Below is the theme of the forum:

****** You've been for harassing the forum, and for harassing and insulting my family with your off topic words.

What does this from you have to do with the theme of the forum?

("I’ve “harassed “ no one I asked you two questions you cannot answer ...... You were asked and cannot answer ....."Being religious in the majority of cases is not “voluntary “ (did you tell your parents as an infant what religion you wanted to be?"

"How is that “harrasssment “  )

What does this have to do with the theme of the forum?

("Incidentally you and your fellow Christians detest same sex marriage and relationships what part of equality is that again? " )

You mean your individual version of your truth, from your own opinion or perspective right?

("How is the truth “harrasssment “? " )

What does this have to do with the theme of the forum?

("Ok tell me you and your fellow Christians support “same sex marriages”  )

@Dee the below is the theme of the forum:

I understand how some may view Religion in general, but aren't our individual values, an inner reflection of our inner mindsets?

Hence the question, do some and their non Religious mindsets align with U.S. Values?*

@Dee

Can you please get back on topic, and refrain from harassing it, with your off topic narratives? 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

***** Can you please get back on topic, and refrain from harassing it, with your off topic narratives? 

I’m not “off topic” let me remind you what you said ......

*****Just as being Religious is voluntary.

Do children pick their own religions?

Do you support same sex marriage as you said one of your “values” is equality?
    @Dee

Your questions have zero to do with the forum, therefore you are off topic.

"Do children pick their own religions?

Do you support same sex marriage as you said one of your “values” is equality."

@Dee

Equality would equate to any Religious individual not being ridiculed or discriminated against for voluntarily being Religious by any of the non Religious crowd.

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  

@Dee ;

Do you have any debate talking points that relate to the above question?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

**** Your questions have zero to do with the forum, therefore you are off topic.

My questions address what you stated as in .....  being Religious is voluntary.  You said this so if you voluntarily picked your religion at what age did you do so 

*****And these questions from you are the standard anti Religious variety type:

*****"Do children pick their own religions?

Well do they?

Do you support same sex marriage as you said one of your “values” is equality."

******Equality would equate to any Religious individual not being ridiculed or discriminated against for voluntarily being Religious by any of the non Religious crowd.

No one is “ridiculing you “ you’ve been asked some simple questions regards your statement and you refuse to answer as the entire forum can see 

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

***** Do you have any debate talking points that relate to the above question?

I do and I keep asking you to defend your statements but you cannot as the forum can see 
    @Dee

You've been again.

This is the only theme of the forum:

Hence the question, do some and their non Religious mindsets align with U.S. Values? 

@Dee

Please get back on point in regards to this forum?

@Dee ;

And I refuse to entertain your off topic narratives.

@Dee ;

Does your non Religious mindset align with U.S. values?

• Actually @TKDB being religious is not always voluntary. Although at times it is. There is a thing called radicalized religious mindsets which happen as a result of actual grooming to become extremists. Not only that in some third world countries such as in the middle east you really don't have much a choice whether to be religious or not.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

I've reported you for refusing to address what you stated in your own words .....

******Being Religious is voluntary.

At what age did you make this voluntary decision?

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

And you again continue, to avoid answering this question, that I have asked you, that is on topic.

@Dee ;
    Does your non Religious mindset align with U.S. values?

@Dee

And again, I am not the focus of this forum.

"How are they “American Values”?   Did America copyright them?"

Also failed to address........ Being religious in the majority of cases is not “voluntary “

("did you tell your parents as an infant what religion you wanted to be?" ) 

"At what age did you make this voluntary decision?"

@Dee

This is the theme of the forum:

(I understand how some may view Religion in general, but aren't our individual values, an inner reflection of our inner mindsets?

Hence the question, do some and their non Religious mindsets align with U.S. Values?)

@Dee , so I would appreciate some basic courtesy and respect, and stop making me the focus of your individual argument, and get back on point with the actual theme at hand?
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

I'm sorry, but the theme of the forum is on the United States, and no where else.

"Actually @TKDB being religious is not always voluntary. Although at times it is. There is a thing called radicalized religious mindsets which happen as a result of actual grooming to become extremists.

"Not only that in some third world countries such as in the middle east you really don't have much a choice whether to be religious or not."

ZeusAres42
    @TKDB

Your refesual to answer questions relating to your topic is typical also you do not realise you have answered  your own question as you stated ...... Americans value independence, equality, and being on time. .....

When did the U S copyright these values seeing as they own them?

Well US christian values deny equality and use religion to do so so equality is not a value you or fellow Christians on here have as you’s rail against same sex relationships 

Also you keep saying religion is voluntary , it’s not a choice in the majority of cases so you’re not independent in this.

Being on time , Americans fair no better than most on that 

So you don’t have what you claim are US values do you ?
    @Dee

Do you understand the premise of the forum?
    (Because you're making this forum about me, it seems?)
    Why do you continue to make me the primary focus of your opinion and perception? 

@Dee, if you don't want to engage in the forum, it's ok, I understand.

And I only have one response to you Dee:

@Dee, Does YOUR non Religious mindset align with U.S. values?

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

@TKDB 

Your refesual to answer questions relating to your topic is typical also you do not realise you have answered  your own question as you stated ...... Americans value independence, equality, and being on time. .....

Well US christian values deny equality and use religion to do so so equality is not a value you or fellow Christians on here have as you’s rail against same sex relationships 

Also you keep saying religion is voluntary , it’s not a choice in the majority of cases so you’re not independent in this.

@Happy_Killbot

@Dee

Do your Atheist mindsets align with United States values? 

Show me where I stated that I support the below?

"Well US christian values deny equality and use religion to do so so equality is not a value you or fellow Christians on here have as you’s rail against same sex relationships."

Show me where any human being going into a Religious building, is being made to go into the same Religious building against their will?

"Also you keep saying religion is voluntary , it’s not a choice in the majority of cases so you’re not independent in this."

And I don't even know what point you're trying to make with this statement?

"Being on time, Americans fair no better than most on that."

My U.S. values:
    I'm pro kid, pro family, pro Religious Freedom, pro Atheist, pro Community, pro U.S. law abiding citizen, and pro Adoption.

"So you don’t have what you claim are US values do you?"
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @Dee

Really? Are you refusing to properly debate?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

@Dee
    You've been .

@Dee

Show me where I stated that I support the below?

"Well US christian values deny equality and use religion to do so so equality is not a value you or fellow Christians on here have as you’s rail against same sex relationships."

Show me where any human being going into a Religious building, is being made to go into the same Religious building against their will?

"Also you keep saying religion is voluntary , it’s not a choice in the majority of cases so you’re not independent in this."

And I don't even know what point you're trying to make with this statement?

"Being on time, Americans fair no better than most on that."

My U.S. values:
    I'm pro kid, pro family, pro Religious Freedom, pro Atheist, pro Community, pro U.S. law abiding citizen, and pro Adoption.

"So you don’t have what you claim are US values do you?" 
  • @ Dee

America holds the values as a constitutional United state, not an intellectual state. An advanced intelligent civil form of prejudice is still prejudice. Marriage and pregnancy hold a united state in relationship to citizenship of a nation they are not a civil right by that united state. While the America's owns the United States Constitution which is described by a statement of independence from non-constitutional presentation on a global level of states of law and governing. Not all governed states are in line with constitution and act often independent from other states unrestricted in this type governing.

1776 is when they had been copywritten, as they are claimed as a basic principle located as a focus of both a persons independence and constitution. They are values of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness as they have come to be in the world at a cost of human sacrifice of time and life. The so called ownership is an innuendo as America connects simple joins in union two basic concepts basic principle and legal precedent. Half had been copywritten in the American Declaration of Independence and the others in the United Sates of America Constitutional preamble.

@TKDB ;
    Religion is a United State the independent religion is not a non-religion as united state, they are still a religion.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @TKDB

**** You've been .

Flag away it’s your usual tactic when you refuse to answer questions here you are again answer each one and you will get your reply until then your refusal to debate is obvious to all ......

Well US christian values deny equality and use religion to do so so equality is not a value you or fellow Christians on here have as you’s rail against same sex relationships or do you deny this? 

Also you keep saying religion is voluntary? , It’s not a choice in the majority of cases so you’re not independent in this are you? 

Being on time , Americans fair no better than most on that if otherwise prove it?