frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Atheism v. Christianity - Sustainability?

Debate Information

Atheism v. Christianity – Sustainability?

When all of the World’s “religions” (including Atheism) are boiled down to their constituent elements and the dross is removed for Truth to shine a Light on man’s purpose in Time and Eternity, two opposing worldviews – ideologies – beliefs, stand-alone in an unsettled World of confusion i.e. Atheism v. Christianity.
If one has taken the time to study the precepts and motives of the World’s religions, Christianity is the only coherent worldview with corresponding truth that defines origin-meaning-morality-destiny and directly answers with logical consistency, empirical adequacy, experiential relevance.

Atheism…

Atheism is a façade claiming a lack of belief in a god or gods; a life lived in nihilism, hopelessness with no future and no purpose. God the Holy Spirit identifies Atheism (unbelief) as a lie and the atheist as a "fool" (Romans 1:18-32). In all honesty, Atheism does not exist except as a psychological construct to defer guilt, personal culpability, for a life lived in narcissism, sexual perversion-deviancy-confusion. Atheism offers its victim’s temporary relief from guilt, culpability, a seared conscience that is otherwise exposed and convicted by the natural moral law written upon the heart of mankind by our Creator at conception (Romans 2:15).

Atheism, for all intents and purposes, is a religious sect-cult of the Religion of Darwinism as evolutionary theory is the most ominous progenitor of atheistic thought subsequent to the genesis of mankind (Colossians 2:8).

Radical modern-day atheism espouses the demonic agenda of “moral relativism” where every man/woman is free from the constraints of objective moral absolutes and pursues unrestricted narcissism-hedonism by doing whatever is perceived as right in their own eyes and that which satisfies their own lust…for more. To Hades with their fellowman and the common-good as long as the atheist’s aberrant lust and vulgar sensual urges are satiated.

Atheism and its primary doctrinal tenant, moral relativism, is destructive to any society that is dependent upon sustainable mores, norms, values, that edify and promote a healthy, happy, moral, polite, productive, equitable, society and ensures same for said society's posterity.

Christianity…

Christianity, as opposed to and differentiated from Atheism, is a faith-based belief in the Deity and Person of Jesus Christ-Yeshua as God the Son who entered Time 2019-years ago through the womb of a virgin as prophesied in the Genesis (3:14) and the Prophets (Isaiah 7:14) and walked among mankind for 33.5-years defining the plan and purposes of God the Father relevant to Time and Eternity (Philippians 2:8).

It is only Jesus Christ and His perfection in word and deed that made Him an acceptable sacrifice for the sins of mankind (2 Corinthians 5:21) and it is only by grace (unmerited favor) through faith (trusting-believing) in Jesus as Lord that mankind finds forgiveness of sin and righteousness (a right standing) with God the Father leading to a new life in Time and eternal life in Eternity subsequent to the death of the body (Romans 10:9-10; John 3:16; John 14:6). The forgiveness of sin being necessary seeing that unrepentant sin will NOT be permitted to enter the Kingdom of God subsequent to the death of the body in Time (Revelation 21:27).

Christianity believes what the Holy Spirit has said concerning the Holy Scriptures that they are God-breathed, Holy Spirit inspired, words of the Living God, the mind of God to His created human KIND (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21). Christian’s believe that God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, possess absolute dominion, sovereignty, power, over all of Creation, both the Realm of the Spiritual and the Realm of Time (Isaiah 45:5). Christian’s believe that Jesus Christ is Creator, Messiah, Intercessor, Judge (John 1; Colossians 1:15-18; Revelation 20:11-15).

Christian faith is rooted in three objective, empirical, forms of evidence substantiating the reality of our omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, Creator-God, Jesus Christ…

1) The presence of the supernatural Universe that confronts our senses daily and nightly mandating design and a Designer (Genesis 1; Romans 1:18-32).

2) The supernatural presence of the Holy Scriptures that have been preserved by God the Holy Spirit; a written Covenant of Grace from God the Holy Spirit spanning 1400-1600-years; three-Continents; three-languages; forty-writers specifically chosen by God to pen His words on parchment as inspired by the Spirit of God (2 Timothy 3:16). The Christian, having studied the Scriptures, understands that the perfection in prophecy, eschatology, symmetry, substantiates the hand of God in every jot and tittle of the written word (Hebrews 4:12; Matthew 24:35).

3) The Advent of God in Time in flesh in the Person of Jesus Christ-Yeshua as prophesied 4000-years before His appearing on the World stage as the most Iconic – Charismatic individual in the history of mankind (Genesis 3:14; Philippians 2:8; Galatians 4:4).

Christianity, faith in Jesus Christ as Lord for the mediation and remission of sin, results in a new person, a new life, a change in desires – affections – perceptions – loves and the person who is “born again” by grace through faith in Jesus Christ as Lord receives the indwelling Holy Spirit Who takes-up residence within the individual believer and from the moment of “justification,” the new believer is Sealed by the Holy Spirit Who initiates the life-long process of “sanctification” where the believer is daily, incrementally, transformed into in an obedient and forever faithful servant of God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 5:17; John 3:3-7; Ephesians 1:13; 1 John 2:27).

It is Christianity that transforms the man, woman, child, the citizen, into a faithful and loving individual who seeks to love God with all his heart, mind, soul, strength and to love his neighbor as himself/herself (Matthew 22:36-40). It is Jesus Christ and the indwelling Holy Spirit who transforms a life of hopelessness into a life of hope and purpose and love…this is tangible, this is real, this is a citizen that loves the righteous rule of law, God's righteousness, morality, honesty, peace and desires to do good to his fellowman (Matthew 19:19), his employer (Colossians 3:23-24) and he serves and dedicates himself/herself to God in preparation for servitude to God in Eternity (1 Corinthians 10:31).

In conclusion…

Atheism offers mankind nothing but hopelessness in nihilism and emptiness in diminishing returns, for the soul that lacks the joy of the Lord will never be satiated with the lies and temporal pleasures of this World (1 John 2:15-17). Atheism is a demonic façade resulting in death in sin and hopelessness and death in Hell, for Eternity (John 8:24; Revelation 20:11-15).
Christianity offers the faithful in Jesus Christ a new life of hope, peace, joy, love, meaning, purpose, destiny and assurance; therefore, in every aspect of the comparison/contrast between the two-worldviews and ideological life choices…Christianity is, in every categorical comparison, infinitely superior to the hopelessness and futility of a life lived and wasted in Atheism (Romans 5:1).

troll_locator

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    I am sure you have analysed dozens thousands religions and non-theistic world views humanity has ever come up with, to deduce that only your particular interpretation of Christianity offers a coherent world view. Nice work! Have a cookie.
    Happy_Killbot
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @MayCaesar ; I have studied the precepts of Islam-Allah-Muhammad-Ishmael, listened to segments of the Vedas, I know Judaism and studied Christianity with fervor. I can testify with assurance and peace that Jesus-Yeshua is God and exactly Who He has said He is and I can testify that I know and possess God the Holy Spirit as I have walked with Him for 27-years and I know that what I say is Truth and I know that you are existing in futility in the lies of atheism and unless you repent of your sin, denounce Satan's hold on your mind and desperately, fervently, seek Jesus Christ as your Lord to mediate your sin, you will surely die in your sins and you will lose your soul in Hell forever. This I know!

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @RickeyD

Good to know. I am all for losing my soul in bed with hot succubi, many times over! And afterwards we will invite you for a tea. You can dance before us for tips.
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar ; I decline, but thanks.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

How is your online education in regards to the Atheist platform going? 
    RickeyDtroll_locator
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @TKDB ; LOL...I'm still learning much about my spiritual enemy. Thank you for your tutorials and counseling. :)