frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Amazon Delivery Driver Drops Off a Bag of Poop on Family's Driveway

Debate Information

Image: Gizmodo 

A man in east London was expecting a package from Amazon but the special delivery on his driveway was not what he’d ordered. After finding a bag filled with poop and Amazon calling cards, a quick check of CCTV cameras indicated that a delivery driver for the e-commerce giant was responsible.

I will not even to attempt to debate the reason why the driver did it, as he was obviously mentally disturbed.  The debate is about does the "victim" have a merit to sue Amazon or will this get settled by Amazon offering the man some gift cards and prime membership? It seems that the man is already prepping for a potential lawsuit, claiming that the poop coul have killed him if drver had Hep C, but of course that is a total .

So I will take a side in this outrageous debate that there is no merit for a law suit and some amazon gift cards will be a fair settlement. Persuade me otherwise.

walterbanorthsouthkoreajoecavalry
  1. Live Poll

Lawsuit?

7 votes
    1. Yes - financial damages as Amazon has deep pockets
      57.14%
    2. No - some amazon gift cards
      42.86%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• ChangeMyViewChangeMyView 61 Pts   -  
    @agsr, anyone can suit anyone for anything. This case is a PR nightmare for Amazon.  Why didn't Amazon vet their drivers for mental issues?  The poop vicitm will be well advised by some slimy lawyer to sue for damages (his son wintesses this horrific incident and he was traumatized for fear of his life).  It doesn't matter, Amazon will not want to have it drag out and will likely do a quite settlement.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @ChangeMyView, Amazon can't set a precedent for settling on silly lawsuits like this or they will espose themselves for further frivolous lawsuits.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • walterbawalterba 59 Pts   -  
    Financial assistance to the family for legal damage is proper. Amazon can spare a couple of thousands for the family. 
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @walterba, it's not a question of Amazon sparing a few thosands (and I doubt the settlement will be just a few). It is more about risk of setting a precedent. I suggest a free prime membership and a nice gift card.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • northsouthkoreanorthsouthkorea 221 Pts   -  
    I believe that Amazon should offer the family a gift card and a lifetime membership for Peime instead of paying a cash compensation to the family and setting a ordinary for that payment.
    islander507
  • yuno44907yuno44907 33 Pts   -  
    Courts are . If someone sue you, kill him; burn his building and escape to another country and tell them you are and insane and you cant speak.
    joecavalry
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    @yuno44907 , please don't use foul language and make accurate arguments.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • yuno44907yuno44907 33 Pts   -  
    Most of prisoners are innocent and most of criminals are still committing crimes. @joecavalry