Conservatism Vs. Progressivism

Debate Information

A lot of people who I talk to, both in everyday conversation and online get a little confused by a lot of my stances on some issues, partly because a lot of my views deviate from the norm, and partly because they are often quite complex.

It seems like in the current political climate that either you are a conservative or a progressive, and nothing but complete alignment with one of the two major parties which tout only one of these ideas is possible.

Each of these ideas carries with it a lot of baggage, and both sides see the other as being evil.

Conservatives see progressives as a bunch of overly sensitive losers who want to turn the country into a third-world wasteland, and progressives see conservatives as a bunch of know-nothing greedy fat-cats who want nothing but to hold us back so they can profit.

However, my stance is that these ideas kind of need each other for everything to work out. If we stayed conservative, then that would mean that eventually society would be vulnerable to emerging threats.

If we were completely progressive, we would undoubtedly lose our humanity and most likely fall into a depressed dystopian state.

Therefore, there must be a balance between these two things, we must take action to get better and improve in every way, but not so fast that we let go of the important things. When there is a new idea or potential way of doing things, there is always a possibility that it will contain something better, but also the chance it will contain something worse. It is important that progressivism and conservatism counteract to make sure that society is constantly evolving in an upward direction, and making life better for everyone carefully and deliberately.
At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
Through a long process of evolution this life 
developed into the human race.
Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.

Could not connect: User i2483808_vf1 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections