frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Atheism is a religion comprised of the cowardly, the fearful, the defiled. Prove me wrong?

Debate Information

The facade of "Atheism" is comprised of the fearful, those lacking relevant knowledge and suffering from an untenable psychosis. Atheists worship at the throne of nihilism-atheism-moral relativism-naturalism yet their impotent philosophy cannot explain origin of matter-Time-Life; atheism can't explain meaning of life; the atheist fails to explain the necessity of morality that has been infused within our heart; the atheist has no clue relevant to destiny upon death of the body. The atheist worships inferences and suppositions initiated by "men" as fearful and scared and eternally impotent as them self; the atheist idolizes demonic representatives like Dawkins, Harris, Ra, Hitchens, Gervais, while permitting these mindless nitwits to direct them to the portal to Hell.

Atheists refuse to think for themselves and ponder the possibilities that I might just be right and that there is a life and a purpose shouting at us if one will just pursue that purpose in faith with a heart that is willing to believe. But the atheist remains in impotence, a dark corner of solitude that is actually a prison that will consume the atheist in death and destroy their soul in Hell because they would not approach our Creator, Jesus Christ, His way and seek Him for the answers to the most relevant and important and eternal mysteries of this life. This is spiritual death and a mental illness defined and every atheist is an example of the spiritually deceived and hopeless in both Time and Eternity. Entering the Portal to Hell because one refuses to study and seek Truth is certainly an untenable psychosis and a tragedy with eternal ramifications - this is atheism!

PlaffelvohfenAlofRIGnosticChristianZeusAres42JamesMarcus_AntoniusJesusJaguarAndyChenLukeQLDand 1 other.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    From Merriam-Webster:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/religion
    Definition of religion
    1 a: the state of a religious
       b (1): the service and worship of God or the supernatural
          (2): commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
    2: a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
    archaic : scrupulous conformity : CONSCIENTIOUSNESS
    4: a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith
    Atheism does not involve god/supernatural and faith, hence is not a religion. I have proven you wrong, my friend!
    OakTownAethang5ZeusAres42AlofRIGnosticChristianPlaffelvohfenJGXdebatePRO
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar ; Your ignorance of truth does not negate the reality of your religion of atheism and its death and hopelessness in Time and Eternity. You are religious and Satan is your god.

Plaffelvohfenethang5AlofRIGnosticChristianJaguarLukeQLDJGXdebatePRO
  • JGXdebatePROJGXdebatePRO 408 Pts   -  
    ZeusAres42AlofRIJaguar
    “The best revenge is not to be like your enemy.” – Marcus Aurelius
    @JGXdebatePRO ; Is English a second language?
    ethang5AlofRIJaguar
  • JGXdebatePROJGXdebatePRO 408 Pts   -  
    ZeusAres42Jaguar
    “The best revenge is not to be like your enemy.” – Marcus Aurelius
  • AmericanFurryBoyAmericanFurryBoy 531 Pts   -  
    Rickey, go home you’re drunk. Atheism is the ABSENCE OF RELIGION THEREFORE IT CANNOT BE A RELIGION. 
    The Prefix A: “ prefix meaning "not, without," from Greek.”* The Suffix Theism: “ word-forming element meaning "belief (of a specified kind) in God, a god, or gods."* 

Also, what makes you think Atheists are the fearful ones? It seems that Theists (that’s a big word Rickey, it means people who believe in god) are the fearful and cowardly ones as they cower in fear from the threat of “God’s Wrath” and “Eternal Suffering.”
    OakTownAethang5ZeusAres42AlofRIGnosticChristianPlaffelvohfenJaguarJGXdebatePRO
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
    @AmericanFurryBoy ; Atheism is a religion for the fool, the perverse, the defiled and spiritually lacking in knowledge. If the shoe fits...

AlofRIGnosticChristianJaguarJGXdebatePRO
  • @RickeyD

Why should we care what the Bible says? 
    PlaffelvohfenOakTownAxlJ_dolphin_473ZeusAres42AlofRIGnosticChristianJaguarJGXdebatePRO
    A supreme being is just like a normal being...but with sour cream and black olives.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -   edited March 2020
    @RickeyD

So are you going to explain how my logic or the proposed definition are flawed, or is using a huge font with a quote from a random journal the only thing you can say in response? The latter would be disappointing.
    ZeusAres42JGXdebatePRO
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited May 2020
    @GnosticChristian

**That is the shared ideology, yes.

Tell me again how is Atheism a religion ?

religion

1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods."ideas about the relationship between science and religion"

You’ve taken 3 terms with clear meanings and misapplied them to Atheists , you sound exactly like the majority of religious nuts on DI who amusingly accuse Atheists of being religious and realizing it’s a slur to be deemed so

It’s still not , Atheism is a rejection of claims made by believers , it’s a position on one question and one question alone 

Since following an ideology is a prerequisite of religion, 

Ideology

a system of ideas and ideals, especially one which forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy.

What system of “ideas” does Atheism follow exactly?

atheism can be considered a religion, since atheists draws on philosophical ideologies to guide ideas, behaviors, and actions, like that of any religion

It cannot , it’s a position on one question alone 

That is why atheist churches are called atheist churches.

It’s not because Atheism is a religion , church , or ideology .

Atheists are not responsible for assorted Atheists who open churches which I’ve never heard of but no doubt they’re American and from planet California . I lived in Cali and enjoyed but it was filled with every type of new age and psuedo religious nutters and odd balls 

Do you know the definition of “church “?

Church :

a building used for public Christian worship

If you cannot see that the analogy fits 

It doesn’t , you really need to look up the mean of simple terms before posting up such nonsense , what’s the aim of this piece anyway?

GnosticChristian
  • GnosticChristianGnosticChristian 285 Pts   -  

In short, Atheism is just a general linguistic definition for people that either lack or disbelieve in a Theistic God. And nothing is ever going to change that fact no matter how hard you try.
    That is the shared ideology, yes.

Since following an ideology is a prerequisite of religion, atheism can be considered a religion, since atheists draws on philosophical ideologies to guide ideas, behaviors, and actions, like that of any religion. That is why atheist churches are called atheist churches.

If you cannot see that the analogy fits ----

Regards
    DL

You didn't quote everything I said. Why?

Also, another question to you is what is this particular ideology that All Atheists follow?  I can say to you that all Christians believe in a Theistic Deity and that is their common ideology. But what is this common ideology that all Atheists apparently share that you talk of? Hint; it's not an Atheist Church.

In short, Atheism is just a general linguistic definition for people that either lack or disbelieve in a Theistic God. And nothing is ever going to change that fact no matter how hard you try.
    I did not quote anything because there was nothing to quote.

You keep asking for the particular ideology that All Atheists follow, while you keep showing it and I can on ly answer the same simple way, that is the core belief that you posted.

"people that either lack or disbelieve in a Theistic God. And nothing is ever going to change that fact no matter how hard you try. "

You are corrct Z A, and given that it won't change makes it an embeded ideology, so I repeat, ---

Since following an ideology is a prerequisite of religion, atheism can be considered a religion, since atheists draws on philosophical ideologies to guide ideas, behaviors, and actions, like that of any religion. That is why atheist churches are called atheist churches.

If you cannot see that the analogy fits ----

Mine is a simple and irrefutable argument.

Regards
    DL
    PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42
    @GnosticChristian

By this logic, any school of philosophical thought, any political party or movement, and even personal beliefs and opinions could be considered a religion.
    Personal? No. When done in groups, yes.

Think of the old mystery schools and pagan religions. To theists, atheists are a pagan religion. Atheists are the Yin to the right wing religious Yang.

To all my atheist friends, this is not rocket science.

The atheist religion and creed is promoting better laws and are a more moral church and ideology thatn the thist churches and religions.

Take a bow my friends and own your better churches and ideology.

Those you seek to convert away from the theistic religions need religion and it makes it easier to convert them and have them accept your better ideology if you call your groups churches.

Even if the term offends you, as it should because of the usual way it is thought of and attached to theists, 

it is still in your best interest as well as the best interest of the world if you create the largest church in the world.

You have the numbers when you roll in the agnostics and other unaffiliated, now get with the mind set. Please. 

The worlds need what I just put badly.

Regards
    DL

Plaffelvohfen
    Dee said:
    @GnosticChristian

**That is the shared ideology, yes.

Tell me again how is Atheism a religion ?

religion

1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods."ideas about the relationship between science and religion"

You’ve taken 3 terms with clear meanings and misapplied them to Atheists , you sound exactly like the majority of religious nuts on DI who amusingly accuse Atheists of being religious and realizing it’s a slur to be deemed so

It’s still not , Atheism is a rejection of claims made by believers , it’s a position on one question and one question alone 

Since following an ideology is a prerequisite of religion, 

Ideology

a system of ideas and ideals, especially one which forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy.

What system of “ideas” does Atheism follow exactly?

atheism can be considered a religion, since atheists draws on philosophical ideologies to guide ideas, behaviors, and actions, like that of any religion

It cannot , it’s a position on one question alone 

That is why atheist churches are called atheist churches.

It’s not because Atheism is a religion , church , or ideology .

Atheists are not responsible for assorted Atheists who open churches which I’ve never heard of but no doubt they’re American and from planet California . I lived in Cali and enjoyed but it was filled with every type of new age and psuedo religious nutters and odd balls 

Do you know the definition of “church “?

Church :

a building used for public Christian worship

If you cannot see that the analogy fits 

It doesn’t , you really need to look up the mean of simple terms before posting up such nonsense , what’s the aim of this piece anyway?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    This article is about a cultural system of behaviors, practices and ethics. For other uses, see Religion (disambiguation).
    Not to be confused with Religious denomination.

Religion is a social-cultural system of designated behaviors and practices, morals, worldviews, texts, sanctified places, prophecies, ethics, or organizations, that relates humanity to supernatural, transcendental, or spiritual elements.[1] However, there is no scholarly consensus over what precisely constitutes a religion.[2][3]

Please read what I put above and start promoting atheists churches so that we can rid the world of the G D theistic garbage we now suffer.

Regards

DL

PlaffelvohfenDee
    Please listen to a member of the atheist intelligentsia.

Recognize that all people are tribal and that if atheists do not give their children a place to appease their tribal instincts, many atheist children will gravitate to less moral theistic churches.

Atheist morality is superior to theists and should be promoted by atheist churches. It is your social duty to promote better moral thinking and that is best done through mystery schools and atheist churches.

Regards
    DL 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @GnosticChristian

I’m done here,  one cannot educate pork 
    Why would you call atheists pork?

Never mind. At least they are more moral than religious god believing pork.

Regards
    DL
  • @GnosticChristian

Nothing is ever going to change the unequivocal fact that 0 beliefs = 0 beliefs.
    GnosticChristianethang5

@GnosticChristian

Nothing is ever going to change the unequivocal fact that 0 beliefs = 0 beliefs.
    I agree.

What was your point?

Atheists do not have 0 beliefs. If they did, they would not call themselves atheists, as the have a position on believers and their beliefs. 

Regards
    DL
  • @GnosticChristian

I agree.

What was your point?

Atheists do not have 0 beliefs. If they did, they would not call themselves atheists, as the have a position on believers and their beliefs. 

Regards
    DL

Then you clearly don't understand the definition of Atheism. The letter "a" is a symbol that stands for "without" or "Absence of." In essence, what you're doing is putting two and two together and then coming up with five.

By the way, if you ever take a verbal reasoning test and get a word analogy question that goes like "Asexual is to without sexual attraction as Atheism is to?" the answer is "without belief."

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

You’re wasting your time with this guy, he refuses to listen , his ego would shatter if he admitted he was wrong a very poor way to go about life 

Atheism as you and I know is not an affirmative belief that there is no god

Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

@GnosticChristian

I agree.

What was your point?

Regards
    DL

Then you clearly don't understand the definition of Atheism. The letter "a" is a symbol that stands for "without" or "Absence of." In essence, what you're doing is putting two and two together and then coming up with five.

By the way, if you ever take a verbal reasoning test and get a word analogy question that goes like "Asexual is to without sexual attraction as Atheism is to?" the answer is "without belief."
    That is the atheist ideology that they follow. I agree.

Less gratuitous insults please. There is already enough of that going around and I am trying to keep my net bully in check. So should you.

Regards
    DL
    Dee said:
    @ZeusAres42

You’re wasting your time with this guy, he refuses to listen , his ego would shatter if he admitted he was wrong a very poor way to go about life 

Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

That is the ideology that makes them a group or tribe. I agree. 
    Read my last post.

Regards
    DL
  • Dee said:
    @ZeusAres42

in order to have an ideology, one has to have a belief in the first place. I don't actually see how anyone can have an ideology if they do not have any beliefs in the first place.

To me, this is a very easy concept to grasp. I mean by that logic then all newborn babies must be born with ideologies.
    Dee

• Dee said:
    @ZeusAres42

Read my last post.

Regards
    DL
    By this logic then all newborn babies must have been born with ideologies. I mean after all, according to you, an absence of belief is an ideology.

Dee

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

The guy just doesn’t get doesn’t intend to 
    ZeusAres42
    Dee said:
    @ZeusAres42

in order to have an ideology, one has to have a belief in the first place. I don't actually see how anyone can have an ideology if they do not have any beliefs in the first place.

To me, this is a very easy concept to grasp. I mean by that logic then all newborn babies must be born with ideologies.
    It has been well documented that babies do have an ideology which is promoted by their instincts.

Their ideology/instincts, push them to default to cooperation instead of competition as it is the best survival strategy.

Only later in life do they begin to compete.

Regards
    DL
  • Dee said:
    @ZeusAres42

It has been well documented that babies do have an ideology which is promoted by their instincts.

Their ideology/instincts, push them to default to cooperation instead of competition as it is the best survival strategy.

Only later in life do they begin to compete.

Regards
    DL

Right, either you're trolling now or you actually do believe what you're saying. Either way, this conversation is now over.
    Dee

Dee said:
    @ZeusAres42

Read my last post.

Regards
    DL
    By this logic then all newborn babies must have been born with ideologies. I mean after all, according to you, an absence of belief is an ideology.

Listen to that link I gave you.

You will see that they are born with an ideology, as it tells them how to act.

If you accept that general definition, and baby instincts, as shown in the link, guide their behavior, which it does, then they do have an ideology.

Regards
    DL  
    ZeusAres42Dee