frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Do you agree with Trump's immigration raids?

Debate Information

yesterday Trump adminisration conducted raids in atleast 6 states.
Trhkp vowed to deport atleast 3 million illegal immigrants with criminal records as part of his campaign.  Do you agree with these raids and do you think that's just a start?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/national/federal-agents-conduct-sweeping-immigration-enforcement-raids-in-at-least-6-states/2017/02/10/4b9f443a-efc8-11e6-b4ff-ac2cf509efe5_story.html?client=safari
  1. Live Poll

Do you agree?

19 votes
    1. Yes
      78.95%
    2. No
      21.05%
  2. Live Poll

Is it just a start?

19 votes
    1. Yes
      68.42%
    2. No
      31.58%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    Well, that will make 10s millions people who have lived in this country for many years live in suspense, without knowing if their family, small kids, and those they know will be deported any day or night.  It is a horrible way to live.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    If these people are here illegally and have a criminal record then it makes sense to enforce the policy. That was the intend of this raid.  The message is if you do something illegally then you take the risk of that coming back
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    I agree. The keywords are: illegal, criminal records, enforcement.
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    Many illegal immigrants took for granted that once they get established in US, have kids, no one will kick them out.  They are questioning that assumption now with these raids.  It is horrible that these people need to go through this stress, but that just shows you that nothing in life should be taken for granted
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • I agree with his raid, illegal immigrants should be taken out.
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    Since it is targeted towards those with criminal records, I agree.  Illegal criminals need to be removed. Unfortunately, some gray areas will appear, but that is the price you pay
  • As Islander507 said, it's targeted toward illegal or undocumented immigrants who are taking advantage of the US.
  • It may be a start, he is possibly going to sign more.
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    He is definitely going to do more. No doubt in my mind. With the initial wave, he will still what backlash will look like and will do a second wave shortly.
  • No, hopefully congress can restrain him to an extent.
  • Yes, they are key to getting rid of illegal immigrants.
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    I am sure that he will get resistance from Congress to some extent, but that will not stop him from moving forward om this
  • bxmbh_46738bxmbh_46738 2 Pts   -  
    Yes, I agree. They need to happen in order to make America great again.
  • No, Trump should not be doing that. It's unfair.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I am not supportive of deporting all immigrants who are already rooted in this country with kids and have not done anything illegally.  There should be a thoughtful process for dealing with that population. That said, this particular raid is targeted towards those with criminal records - I think that makes sense, although that will also create unfortunate socia issues, sad stories, and complexities we will need to face.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • lcdyk_1938lcdyk_1938 7 Pts   -  
    Yes, I agree. Amazing point as usual agsr. You are the all time leader of DebateIsland.com.
  • lagsbn_qodjlagsbn_qodj 4 Pts   -  
    Yes, I think that it is very good for the US.
  • Yes, i believe that it's just one step on the way to make America Great Again.
  • I agree with the raids, since the immigrants he is lookimg to deport are illegal.  It is also clear that its just a start, and his recents proposals show that.
    i also like others said feel somewhat bad for the illegal immigrants that are without a criminal record, as they may get deported too as part of this.  Many of them have families and young children they are raising in this country.  That said, his actions are good for the country.
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    If you sneak across the border to Canada...you're committing a Crime according to Canadian law.  Likewise if you sneak across the border into any other country...you're committing a crime.  If you hop the fence into someone's private property...you're trespassing and that itself is a crime.  So I believe that crime should be punished and likewise criminals should be held accountable for their crimes.  Illegally entering the U.S. is no exception.
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    If you cross a border, it's illegal in many countries. If somebody enters your property without permission they can go to jail. So, why would crossing the US border be legal?
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I think the issue is that we are dealing with complex pre-existing condition of 11 million people.  I support the raids for those with criminal records, but the example of crossing illegally, while 100% valid, is clouded by the fact that our neglect of this problem over so many generations now created an issue more complex than mass deportations.
    We should still do it, but with a thoughtful approach and an option for legalization under certain strict criteria.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    @agsr The issue with treating this like it's some complex condition and considering an option for legalization is this: What do you tell the hundreds of thousands of people that have been respecting our immigration laws for years who are still trying to get citizenship in the U.S.? 

"We realize that you've been working through the complex and lengthy immigration process for the past year for you and your Family...but we're going to go ahead and reward those who broke our laws, skipped the line and entered the U.S. illegally and subsequently eliminate ANY waiting period for them simply because they broke the law and took the easy way in.  Meanwhile you can stay in line until we finish re-working the immigration laws and you might even be denied citizen ship because not everyone makes it".
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• powkk10828powkk10828 2 Pts   -  
    No, I disagree with these raids. They are disturbing our daily life in this country. Illegal immigrants came here for a better life, not to be deported and become victims of mass raids by Trump.