frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

apple cellular version of the watch will not be worth it

Debate Information

Apple Is Reportedly Releasing A Cellular Version Of The Apple Watch Later This Year

https://www.buzzfeed.com/nicolenguyen/apple-is-reportedly-releasing-a-cellular-version-of-the?utm_term=.lcMyr1MJ9#.mkAYOqgJ6

I argue that if Apple releases this version of the watch, it will not appeal to the mainstream and will become an expensive toy.  Sure, some gadget geeks will buy it, but will it justify itself for a high pricetag and likely a monthly data plan.  I don't think so. Persuade me otherwise.
walterbanorthsouthkoreajoecavalry
  1. Live Poll

apple cellular version of the watch will not be worth it

7 votes
    1. Expensive toy
      42.86%
    2. Will be worth it
      57.14%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• walterbawalterba 59 Pts   -  
    This watch will be worth the price, will I think will be around the same price as the current non-cellular Apple Watch just with additional monthly fees from the carrier.
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    @walterba, the monthly fees from carrier will kill the total cost of ownership for such a gadget
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @walterba, keeping device cost the same and adding a monthly charge is actually going to make value proposition even worse
    northsouthkorea
    Live Long and Prosper
  • northsouthkoreanorthsouthkorea 221 Pts   -  
    Adding cellular capabilities for devices such as the Apple Watch don't feature too much of a point due to their functionality and need for cellular compared to other devices which as phones.
    agsr
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    The watch will be worth it, because of the added versatile functionality.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @joecavalry, in what ways do you feel it will add value that will be worth a likely monthly premium?  For most activities your phone is nearby and connected to the watch anyway.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • yuno44907yuno44907 33 Pts   -  
    I dont have a cellphone; why dont you use computers, they are big and they last longer.