frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Why has the word Infinite been removed, then deemed "non-existant" in todays science?

Debate Information

Here is what I mean:

Google - infinite
adjective
adjective: infinite
  1. limitless or endless in space, extent, or size; impossible to measure or calculate.
    "the infinite mercy of God"
In Wikipedia, the word doesn't even exist. It says: Infinite may refer to:
  1. Infinite set, a set that is not a finite set
  2. Infinity, an abstract concept describing something without any limit

Merriam Webster starts with:
1) extending indefinitely
2) Immeasurably or inconceivably great

All the definitions refer to "space", Google and Wikipedia refers you to a set, ..  except for Webster's #3

Webster - 3) subject to no limitation or external limitation .. that only hints on Infinite,

and then we have Cantor's attic which I can no longer access from my computer, I only get this:
"The existence of an actual infinity is philosophically non trivial and not accepted by all mathematicians. Its existence cannot be proven; it is axiomatically given"

Infinite has nothing to do with space, or infinite sets, or rockets going into infinity, that only hints on some finite "thing" going somewhere. No thing, or number, or gas, or ship will ever expand, or "become" Infinite no matter how long, and how fast, or how many there are of them. I want the definition of Infinite, NOT infinity!?

It seems, that the true Infinite has been wiped off the face of the Earth, hidden from sight, from even talking about it, obviously by the same people who hid our Flat Earth, the giant trees, bones of strange creatures, of giant beings that walked the earth in the past, including technology, and of course the other word which I don't want to get into now, is "nothing", .. and only God and They know what else they are hiding from us?

For the Topic, Where can I find a true definition of "Infinite"?

Note:
NOT Infinity, but the definition to the word "Infinite" without some 'size' mentioned in the definition!?
ErfisflatnorthsouthkoreaTHEDENIER

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• FredsnephewFredsnephew 361 Pts   -  
    Evidence said:
    Here is what I mean:

Google - infinite
    adjective
    1. limitless or endless in space, extent, or size; impossible to measure or calculate.

All the definitions refer to "space", Google and Wikipedia refers you to a set, ..  except for Webster's #3

Webster - 3) subject to no limitation or external limitation .. that only hints on Infinite,

and then we have Cantor's attic which I can no longer access from my computer, I only get this:
    "The existence of an actual infinity is philosophically non trivial and not accepted by all mathematicians. Its existence cannot be proven; it is axiomatically given"

Infinite has nothing to do with space, or infinite sets, or rockets going into infinity, that only hints on some finite "thing" going somewhere. No thing, or number, or gas, or ship will ever expand, or "become" Infinite no matter how long, and how fast, or how many there are of them. I want the definition of Infinite, NOT infinity!?

It seems, that the true Infinite has been wiped off the face of the Earth, hidden from sight, from even talking about it, obviously by the same people who hid our Flat Earth, the giant trees, bones of strange creatures, of giant beings that walked the earth in the past, including technology, and of course the other word which I don't want to get into now, is "nothing", .. and only God and They know what else they are hiding from us?

Note:
    NOT Infinity, but the definition to the word "Infinite" without some 'size' mentioned in the definition!?

Not sure what your driving at here.
    I just did a quick search and the first four definitions of "infinite" were perfectly good.
    Always pay regard to punctuation in any written statement.
    The first Google reference you cite (when read correctly) gives you up to nine possibilities for the word infinite.

What are you looking for?

Maybe the word "infinite" isn't actually appropriate, to describe the concept that you have inside your head.
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    Evidence said:
    Here is what I mean:

Google - infinite
    adjective

Note:

Not sure what your driving at here.
    I just did a quick search and the first four definitions of "infinite" were perfectly good.
    Always pay regard to punctuation in any written statement.
    The first Google reference you cite (when read correctly) gives you up to nine possibilities for the word infinite.

What are you looking for?

Maybe the word "infinite" isn't actually appropriate, to describe the concept that you have inside your head.

Thank you @Fredsnephew ; for your response.

Can you show me those perfectly good first 4 definitions, please?

Then those 9 Google definitions, since I noticed that over time, Google definitions change!? Maybe area, .. I don't know? I do know that a year ago I was getting more accurate, or acceptable definitions, not so mixed with the word infinity.

What I am looking for is the definition for "Infinite", not "things" going into infinity, as I explained in my O.P.

How about this, can you give me 'your' definition of the word "Infinite", .. not infinity, but Infinite, .. that would be a good start I think?
    For instance, if we scientifically wanted to define air, we would try to get just air, or pure air, not describe it by what we would find in 'wind', even though both are air.

Same with water, we wouldn't just send people to look up "ocean" for the definition of water, right?
    Search YouTube on "Infinite" people, doesn't exist. Everything, I mean every definition from Google to YouTube leads you to infinity!

"Infinite" has been hidden from us, as if the word was wiped off the earth? Which means what people?

This means that  our One True Creator God, the Infinite and Eternal conscious Creative Mind/Spirit "I Am" has been hid from us, just like the Flat Earth, the giant trees, the giants, Antarctica, just like demonic-possession is now called "mental illness" and in severe cases is treated with chemical lobotomy, the modern day version of the old surgical incision into the prefrontal lobe of the brain, with practically the same result, not a cure, just like chemo so called therapy that is used to murder us is now called a cure. Men are becoming women and even try to pass them off as them getting pregnant, and visa versa. Good is now becoming bad, atheists who claim they don't believe that God exists are blaming God, cursing God, .. claiming: "Is there a more evil person than Bible God?" and other comments like it.

Slowly but surely our reality is being turned "Upside-Down", by indoctrinating our minds with religious beliefs and their gods. What's next, .. "World War Z"?

Come on people, tell me what is YOUR definition of Infinite?
    Evidence said:
    Search YouTube on "Infinite" people, doesn't exist. Everything, I mean every definition from Google to YouTube leads you to infinity!

"Infinite" has been hidden from us, as if the word was wiped off the earth? Which means what people?

This means that  our One True Creator God, the Infinite and Eternal conscious Creative Mind/Spirit "I Am" has been hid from us, just like the Flat Earth, the giant trees, the giants, Antarctica, just like demonic-possession is now called "mental illness" and in severe cases is treated with chemical lobotomy, the modern day version of the old surgical incision into the prefrontal lobe of the brain, with practically the same result, not a cure, just like chemo so called therapy that is used to murder us is now called a cure. Men are becoming women and even try to pass them off as them getting pregnant, and visa versa. Good is now becoming bad, atheists who claim they don't believe that God exists are blaming God, cursing God, .. claiming: "Is there a more evil person than Bible God?" and other comments like it.

Slowly but surely our reality is being turned "Upside-Down", by indoctrinating our minds with religious beliefs and their gods. What's next, .. "World War Z"?

The above statement only leaves this questioner even more baffled.

The first example you cite, defines infinite perfectly for me.
    As I stated. Read correctly, giving consideration to punctuation, you end up with 9 possible descriptions of infinite.
    After all, a "definition" is merely using words in an attempt to describe the meaning of another word.

You really need to explain what your driving at here.

What do you want infinite to be?

Evidence said:

The above statement only leaves this questioner even more baffled.

The first example you cite, defines infinite perfectly for me.
    As I stated. Read correctly, giving consideration to punctuation, you end up with 9 possible descriptions of infinite.
    After all, a "definition" is merely using words in an attempt to describe the meaning of another word.

You really need to explain what your driving at here.

What do you want infinite to be?

Like I explained previously, .. if I asked for the definition of "air", and I was given the definition for "wind", would that be acceptable?

OK, here is my first definition:

Google - infinite
    adjective

For instance, Google gave us: limitless or endless in space, extent, or size; impossible to measure or calculate. This refers to "space and infinity", not Infinite itself. Wikipedia is no different, directing us away to "infinite set" and "infinity", .. when I didn't ask for either.

Look, it's like referring to "wind" to define air, which is ludicrous, since you need "air" to define the word "wind", not the other way around, right? Just as you need Infinite to define all things in existence, all the 'finite' things, and NOT the other way around, .. using finite existence to try to define Infinite, which by the way is not existence, nor a created being.

Don't you see, Infinite is either not mentioned as if Infinite didn't exist (yet we use it in every day language), or they derail our train of thought away from Infinite to something else, .. to something "finite"!

Just like they mock @Erfisflat or any true Flat Earthers to keep people from seeing the truth, it is an age-old conspiracy to Hide our Creator, which has been going on in plain sight, and it's time for us to wake up!

The best definition I found for Infinite is "borderless", for which I find supporting evidence in the Bible

Isaiah 45:5 I am the Lord, and there is no other;
    There is no God besides Me.

This can ONLY be because our Creator is Infinite, or "borderless" .. you cannot have two Infinites, or is it possible to place another Infinite besides/next to, or outside of God/YHWH

@Fredsnephew ;said: What do you want infinite to be?

What it should be, what it is, Infinite, not defined as something finite.
    Why is there no definition for Infinite other than a few words, or lead us to something unrelated? Have you looked up the word on YouTube? Where just about every subject is explored Ad nauseam,  yet nothing/nada for Infinite??

Erfisflatnorthsouthkorea
  • northsouthkoreanorthsouthkorea 221 Pts   -  
    @evidence , I agree.
    @evidence , I agree.
    Thank you @northsouthkorea,  makes you wonder, doesn't it?

This is why the Catholic Religion took over the Bible as early as 320AD, and along with it science & education, so they could control critical revealing, or obvious information that could "lead" someone to see/understand our Creator, and His Son Jesus Christ .. which they hid in plain sight! Yep, starting from school to the pulpit, slowly like boiling a frog. Well I for one jumped out just in time, hope others here will follow? We must let the whole world know!

Look what "They" did, they took away our:

Flat Earth - gave us the globes in school
    Infinite - made it non existent
    nothing - is not nothing anymore, but, ..  (because the definition of that word alone debunks the Big bang)
    Eternal - is only until the Big Crunch, then it comes back to a singularity, .. and you have the Hindu reincarnation
    Our mind - is your brain causing you delusions, yet they are desperately trying to capture the soul so they could save it.
    God - gave us theism which includes all the pagan Greek gods, take your pick? Anything but our Infinite Creator.
    Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ - gave us the Jesuit sun-god, or Lucifer the light bearer, or the latest: "A failure"
    Man (human) created in Gods Image - animal, ape, the cause of some chaotic accidents

Do not, and I repeat do not go to a Religion to learn of God I don't care how good and Bible-based their preaching and teaching is!!! You guys have NO idea how difficult it is for me to say this!?
    I loved going to church, we had churches all over the World, and even if we never met each other before, it was like visiting family.
    I loved the singing, we'd all, especially the youth group would get together a minimum of three times a week, it was awesome. Camping, picnics, and best of all, everyone invited everyone for dinners, or pot lucks. Oh the food, the European cakes, .. yumm.

This New Revelation that's unfolding right before our eyes of our Flat Earth cannot be a coincidence, the powers that be would have shut down the internet to keep more info leaking to the public by now, this is not something small, Billion$ a week, maybe even a day is being raked in world wide with all this . and their expense is what, ..  Pseudoscience rhetoric presented by actors, science fiction stories and movies that they quadruple their money on all while brainwashing us?

I truly believe God placed an Angel to hold them back from stopping the flow of New Information, and this will not go on for long. Not just about the Flat Earth, but this all leads to our Creator, even atheists admit it. It also reveals the corruption, the many other lies like satellites, space and people dreaming about traveling to other planets, .. I mean when I realized the truth about it, it was like Erfisflat smacked me to the ground like Hulk did to Loki, took my breath away.

Why Else would they hide the word Infinite, what significance, or threat would it pose other than reveal our Creator? I mean look at the extent they are going with the Globe Earth, the fake moon landing, astronauts doing backflips on the ISS, .. and we can go on and on, including the Mars Rover mockery, people are seeing skeletal remains, desert rats and other garbage scattered in the background, and still they just laugh it off and continue with the cartoons and artist rendered pictures as if they were dealing with livestock, a dumb apes!?

Are we?
    The definition of a word has absolutely nothing to do with religion.
    This is a worthless debate.
    Erfisflat
  • Infinity is an interesting concept. It's a never ending concept, commonly used to refer to the infinite amount of numbers beyond 1. It's too huge to even consider, and beyond! "Infinite" refers to countless possibilities and numbers, and "infinity" is the idea that is countlessness. I usually think about it simply as "infinite", and I don't think about the size, since there's no point. You'll never see the end of infinite; there is no end.
    The definition of a word has absolutely nothing to do with religion.
    This is a worthless debate.

Worthless debate? The definition of a word has absolutely nothing to do with religion, .. really?

Religion (Catholic Jesuit George Lemaitre) redefined how we see Gods creation; our Flat Earth, as a nothing speck in a vast dark, expanding vacuum.
    The obvious next step had to be to hide any reference to God our Infinite Creator, and this same Religion did that by taking over the books written by Jews (whom they always resented and hated with a passion) and compiling it all in the Bible, which was only to be read by "authorized" personnel who were specifically trained in divinity, deception, subversion, intimidation and so on. In other words, the Catholics read the Bible from a mediums perspective, someone who willingly gives himself over to be possessed by evil spirits.

These same people took over our education, the number one reason was to take over science, and how "science ought to be interpreted", specifically our heavens, and the stars in our heavens.

Psalm 147:4 He (God) counts the number of the stars;
    He calls them all by name.
    5 Great is our Lord, and mighty in power;
    His understanding is infinite.

(I doubt God names His stars by the pagan gods names, like Jupiter, Mars, Venus etc.)

.. and of course to control the definition of words like Infinite.

So you see it has "everything" to do with Religion.

Again,
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/infinite

YouTube definition,

You see, the definition of Infinite is hidden, as if it doesn't even exist. It all refers to infinity, which is the Leviathan Cross, (infinity symbol) or Satan's cross.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/symbolism/images/5/54/Leviathen.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130922004857

Erfisflat
    Infinity is an interesting concept. It's a never ending concept, commonly used to refer to the infinite amount of numbers beyond 1. It's too huge to even consider, and beyond! "Infinite" refers to countless possibilities and numbers, and "infinity" is the idea that is countlessness. I usually think about it simply as "infinite", and I don't think about the size, since there's no point. You'll never see the end of infinite; there is no end.

Yes, that is how I understand it also, .. not to think about "size", because size has only to do with finite 'things', like you said, like the infinite amount of numbers. Also like you said, "You'll never see the end of infinite; there is no end", .. or a beginning, right?
    Even space, like the concept of an expanding universe cannot be used to explain Infinite.
    Not even a being, because beings are created, thus beings are 'finite'.

Awesome, so what is "Infinite", if we are not to think of anything 'finite' no matter how vast, or how far and fast it is expanding to describe, or visualize it?

I like what Tillich said: "God is not a being, but the Ground of being" Well the same can be said about finite things, like "God/Infinite is not a finite/thing, but the Ground of finite/things".

It was when I remembered what God told Moses as to who He is: "I Am Who I Am", this combined with Infinite and Eternal painted a clear picture of God for me:

* He is Infinite, meaning there cannot be anyone or anything besides Him,
    * He is Eternal, meaning He is outside of time
    * and obviously He is conscious and self aware, and the proof is when He said "I Am"
    (there are many other proofs, the other is what we observe in creation itself, starting with us/ourselves for instance).

So what evidence do we have of something Infinite? I searched and searched for this evidence until it dawned on me, the very thing that was searching, or me, is really what, or actually "who" infinite is.

Our mind is infinite. We can imagine innumerable amounts of expanding universes in our minds, and it remains "infinite". So Infinite is not space, because 'space' would have to expand to accommodate all them universes, and if space expands, it cannot be Infinite, right? Because, by its true definition:

Infinite Is, He does not change

He has no beginning nor end
    He is Eternal, or "outside of the logic time"
    He is conscious, thus He can reason and create.

Now what is even more mind boggling is; how did the Conscious Infinite Mind/Spirit start to create finite things, and other beings that we observe in science? How does the mind, before anything was ever created invent a way to create?
  • I don't think any god can be considered infinite. Any being has some limit to their powers, no matter how strong they are. A common argument is "Can god create a boulder he can't lift?" If he can't create an unliftable boulder, then his power isn't infinite. He can't make the boulder. If he makes the boulder, then another problem arises; god can't lift the boulder. His power has a limit.

Then we have the problem of evil. If god wanted to, he could eliminate all evil. This includes natural disasters such as hurricanes and volcanoes. But as these do exist, god chose not to eliminate these natural evils. I then ask: Why? If he's unable to make a perfect planet, then that's a limit. If he's able, but not willing, then he's unable to fully love humanity, and is thus limited.

A common response to that is that it's all a test. But having infinite powers would then go on to omniscience; knowing all, including knowing the future. If he knows the results of the test, then why bother with it in the first place? If it's so we can improve, then couldn't god make the perfect race on Day 1?

This all ties down to "Is god willing?", however. If god is willing to create perfection, then he must not be infinite, otherwise we'd be perfect. If god isn't willing, then he's not infinite, as he's unable to want to create perfection.

So anyways, "infinite" isn't something that can apply to a god, especially infinite power. It's incompatible with our world's logic. On another note, can god suppress his own power?
    Evidence
    I don't think any god can be considered infinite.
    <see below>
    @PowerPikachu21 ; I don't think any god can be considered infinite. Any being has some limit to their powers, no matter how strong they are.

God is not a being, all "beings" were created by God. God is the "Ground of Being", like Tillich said.

PowerPikachu21 - A common argument is "Can god create a boulder he can't lift?" If he can't create an unliftable boulder, then his power isn't infinite. He can't make the boulder. If he makes the boulder, then another problem arises; god can't lift the boulder. His power has a limit.

That's a fallacy - Appeal to Popular Opinion
    That's like saying: "Can God create something He cannot create?"

God can create any size rock, and lift any size rock, .. so can you, and so can I. The problem is that God will not let us bring it into His creation, He's got the patent on creating rocks, and everything else in this here physical reality.

But just to let us have a taste, He did let us create our own little reality, we call it "Virtual Reality"! Oh well, it's a start. When we get to Heaven, God will show us how to create what He creates.
    For now, we have to ask permission from God to do any alteration to His creation, .. like healing a withered arm, or bring someone back from the dead, or bringing lightning come down from heaven on a blaspheming/mocking God neighbor.

PowerPikachu21 - Then we have the problem of evil. If god wanted to, he could eliminate all evil. This includes natural disasters such as hurricanes and volcanoes. But as these do exist, god chose not to eliminate these natural evils. I then ask: Why? If he's unable to make a perfect planet, then that's a limit. If he's able, but not willing, then he's unable to fully love humanity, and is thus limited.

God did create a perfect world where Adam and Eve walked around naked and barefoot where no thorn ever poked their feet, nor did they ever suffer from being too cold, or too hot.
    God also created evil, and He told Adam (not verbatim); "See that tree over there? I call that the 'tree of knowledge of good and evil', .. and if you want to find out what evil feels like, go ahead and take of it. Otherwise, stay the hell away from it, because the day you eat of it, you will suffer and die!"
    Second, God "will" eliminate all the evil starting with all the evildoers. If you hate evil like God does, or like I do, then get a Bible and start reading it. Oh, and pray, but NOT to some divine/demon who lives in the supernatural realm, but to your Creator, .. like to a loving Father: "Our Father who art in heaven, .." like that! Oh, .. and please, no making them hand signal as if you were trying to communicate with a deaf-mute, .. but show respect, bowing your head is a good start. After all, you are coming before your Creator with either some questions, or problems, .. right!?

PowerPikachu21 - A common response to that is that it's all a test. But having infinite powers would then go on to omniscience; knowing all, including knowing the future. If he knows the results of the test, then why bother with it in the first place? If it's so we can improve, then couldn't god make the perfect race on Day 1?

You see God has free will, and He wanted to create children for Himself with that same privilege. If God wouldn't have created the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil and make a law not to touch it", man may never have known what "free will" is? God didn't want to make duplicates of Himself, that would be impossible anyways since there can be nothing 'besides, or outside of Infinite', .. so what He did (which to me is truly awesome) is create finite, physical bodies, and IN THAT He put of Himself (breath of life) so now He has children "in His Image", yet complete individual with their own free will even to a point that we can defy Him, deny Him, even, as sad as that sounds, .. curse Him!

PowerPikachu21 - This all ties down to "Is god willing?", however. If god is willing to create perfection, then he must not be infinite, otherwise we'd be perfect. If god isn't willing, then he's not infinite, as he's unable to want to create perfection.

Your confusing Infinite/perfection with "not having free will". Remember who created evil, it was God, because He is perfect.
    As I said, God originally created everything perfect, .. and He is willing to bring perfection, order to the universe/creation once again, which He already started in Heaven by casting Satan and his angels down to earths "supernatural realm". You know the place, .. where the Devil and his angels are, those demons who divine to the masses through mediums, those who go to Schools of Divinity, and Trinity Colleges to get a degree in "Divination". Some even get a doctorate degree in divination, .. those are the ones who become very rich because they become the spokesperson's to Lucifer himself!

PowerPikachu21 - So anyways, "infinite" isn't something that can apply to a god, especially infinite power. It's incompatible with our world's logic. On another note, can god suppress his own power?

Yes, God can suppress His own power. One good example is the rain'bow' He placed in the clouds after a rain to remind Him not to wipe us scumbags off the face of the Flat-Earth again.

You don't understand what Infinite is, .. or more like "Who" Infinite is? Nor do you understand who you are? Satan invented many religions to hide who God is, and who we, us who were created in Gods image/children of God are?
    Did you know millions of seemingly intelligent people actually believe there is no difference between them and a rat, or an ape? That they are all just animals??
    I know, I know, .. you'll say: "Oh that's crazy! Even a baby knows the difference between an animal, and a human!"
    But still, after a few years of programming that baby will believe anything their programmers tell them!

That's why I'm here to wake people up to the deception!
  • So numbers aren't infinite, but god's power is? Also, let's imagine an infinite power suppressing its infinite power. We can boil this down to (infinity) - x, where x can be anywhere from 1 to infinity. (infinity) - x = infinity, or at least from where I understand. Infinity has no end, as it's infinity. Much greater than any value humanity can imagine, and beyond. Since infinity's beyond large, we can't take away. So because god's already infinite, he can't remove any of his powers because it's still infinite. If he does manage to take away his own power, he enters a finite state, and can't reenter his infinite state because it takes power away. Logic itself suppresses god. Logic is the barrier that states infinity is impossible to realistically encounter.

And your response is that god can lift the boulder. He still can't make an unliftable boulder. But here's some better logical contradicitons with omnipotence:

Can god learn anything? If he can learn, he's not all knowing, therefore limited. If he can't learn, that's something he can't do.

Can God create a perfect clone of himself and defeat it? Let's assume he does manage to create a being like so. He can't defeat it because there's too much power on both sides.

So why should I believe that infinity can apply to a god? I also have another question: Does god always say the truth?

<see below>
     @PowerPikachu21 said: So numbers aren't infinite, but god's power is? Also, let's imagine an infinite power suppressing its infinite power.

We also have infinite power, there is no limit to our imagination the only limit we have is to use it against this here creation. Like I said, God has the paten on creation. Like Lucifer, he took over, and now with his beloved children rules the world, right? But that's not enough for him, he want's to be like the Most High, .. take the place of God, you see, .. no limit, if it wasn't for God that is.

PowerPikachu21 - We can boil this down to (infinity) - x, where x can be anywhere from 1 to infinity. (infinity) - x = infinity, or at least from where I understand. Infinity has no end, as it's infinity.

Infinity is not Infinite.
    Infinity is finite things going on and on, so it's full of beginnings and ends, like your 1, 2, 3, 4, you see, no matter how far up you go, it ends, and you add one more, .. ends and you ad one more, .. like that.
    God on the other hand IS Infinite, not made up of many finite things. Gods power is expressed in the finite things, .. and since He IS Infinite, He IS all powerful.

PowerPikachu21 - Much greater than any value humanity can imagine, and beyond. Since infinity's beyond large, we can't take away. So because god's already infinite, he can't remove any of his powers because it's still infinite. If he does manage to take away his own power, he enters a finite state, and can't reenter his infinite state because it takes power away. Logic itself suppresses god. Logic is the barrier that states infinity is impossible to realistically encounter.

Again you are confusing Infinite God with infinity-gods. God IS Power, .. just as God IS Infinite. Like I said, the only way God can express His power is in the finite things, in His creation, and he can either get real angry, or not so angry, ..this doesn't "suppress" who He is in any way.
    God IS Infinite
    God IS Love
    God IS Eternal
    God IS All Powerful, .. and so on.

PowerPikachu21 - And your response is that god can lift the boulder. He still can't make an unliftable boulder.

Sure He can, like the whole earth, who can lift it?
    The other is a fallacy, like asking "Can God create something He cannot create?"
    My answer would be: "no He can".

PowerPikachu21 - But here's some better logical contradicitons with omnipotence:
    Can god learn anything? If he can learn, he's not all knowing, therefore limited. If he can't learn, that's something he can't do.

Matthew 17:20 So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.

.. I bet even God can't NOT drive a car while He is driving!?

PowerPikachu21 - Can God create a perfect clone of himself and defeat it? Let's assume he does manage to create a being like so. He can't defeat it because there's too much power on both sides.

You cannot clone Infinite, where would you put him?

But God did create an image of Himself, his Son Word. (John 1:1 -) he was the first of all Gods creations, but because the Word was created, he is not Infinite, but finite. He is the first of all Gods creations, and since God creates all things through the Son, he will be there at the last of all Gods creation. This is why Jesus said: I am the first and the last, the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.

John 10:25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me. 26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you.[b] 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.”

PowerPikachu21 - So why should I believe that infinity can apply to a god? I also have another question: Does god always say the truth?

You don't have to believe anything, atheist deny the very existence of gods that they can define, and can even buy on EBay. They get the god in the mail and open the package, and then deny it exists. So yeah, why should you believe in the actual definition of Infinite, .. be like the BB'ers, they just simply say "Infinite doesn't exist".

God cannot lie.

Like, .. God told Moses in the Ten Commandments: "Thou shalt not kill"

Then told David to kill all them  men, women and children. Did God lie, .. like; "No, I was just kidding in that you shalt not kill, I lied, what I meant was: go and kill everyone that hates Me."

The very first killing was done by God, when Adam and Eve sinned, God killed them all, slowly, .. He made them get old and die. The reason God cannot lie is because He is the Creator. Like if Adam was to ask God: "Father, .. can I fly?"

God would tell him: "No, I made birds to fly, you walk!"

But look, now we can fly, and fly faster than any bird.

• ChristChrist 39 Pts   -  
    Evidence said:

You should change your name to Lack of Evidence.

ErfisflatSilverishGoldNovaMissDMeanor
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    Christ said:
    Evidence said:

You should change yours to judgemental douchebag.
    SilverishGoldNovaMissDMeanor
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • Erfisflat said:
    Christ said:
    Evidence said:

You should change yours to judgemental douchebag.
    You can't change your name on DI, but if you could then that would make sense for christ
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • SchnuupiSchnuupi 21 Pts   -  
    Because nothing can be infinite. Everything has to come from something, if the source runs out no more can exist. The only thing that is "Infinite" is our dimension itself we live in. the "universe" so to speak, but I do not mean space, because space has particals, elements, gases, dark matter and dark energy. I'm talking about the physical space/dimensions that we exist in. That is the ONLY thing that can be Infinite.
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    Schnuupi Loops are infinte
  • SchnuupiSchnuupi 21 Pts   -  
    Loops as in? Programming? Lol no I'm talking about the physical world.@Nope
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    Schnuupi So not numbers. OK
    Christ said:
    Evidence said:

@Christ
    Yes, true, I should have called myself "lack of evidence", because there is just soo much out there that I don't know, or I'm not sure of!? Nevertheless I felt claiming the name: "Seeking Evidence" was too long, so I shortened it "Evidence", .. which is what we all should seek after, .. evidence with substance, and not just accept everything on blind faith like we did the 'Globe-Earth'.

The "Evidence of God" in the true definition of "Infinite" is irrefutable, .. but as you can see, no one even understands the true meaning of "Infinite". It's out there, only warped by MK-deception like that "things", ,.. finite things going on in infinity can somehow become "Infinite", .. lol.

Infinite is borderless, and is Eternal. No 'thing' can be claimed as Infinite, nor can any 'thing' become Infinite. Infinite IS, .. not a being, but the Ground of being.

Infinite is The Conscious Spirit/Mind just like He told us, .. communicated it to one of His Prophets named Moses when he asked God who He was? God said: "I Am Who I Am"

So you see;

Infinite defines and "I Am" sums up God.
    Schnuupi said:
    Because nothing can be infinite. Everything has to come from something, if the source runs out no more can exist. The only thing that is "Infinite" is our dimension itself we live in. the "universe" so to speak, but I do not mean space, because space has particals, elements, gases, dark matter and dark energy. I'm talking about the physical space/dimensions that we exist in. That is the ONLY thing that can be Infinite.

Hey @Schnuupi (you Hungarian?)

That's right, no-'thing' can be, .. or ever become Infinite, and it's impossible to have two Infinites. Once you have one (which we obviously do have, because our universe, the heavens and the Earth exists in Infinite, we are still left with "Infinite".

Whether you do or not, I understand the "space" you are referring to, and it is "Infinite". It's not some 'thing' going on infinitely like a loop (like @nope suggested ), numbers, or points etc. but in Infinite.

Infinite is not 'space' as we know it, it IS a .. umm, Ground of Being where even space can exist (you noticed I did not say "exist in", but exist. To "exist in", .. the 'in' part would suggest something that was created, like 'space' for instance.)

Infinite/Mind/God created rules and laws which defines creation, .. it is reality for the 'created'. Just like we have created a computer world by rules and laws which defines the game universe and characters, the same way God created not just the physical, but all kinds of different realities, dimensions, both physical and spiritual beings.

Like how we made game characters not to be able to go through walls. Try as you may with the joystick, you will not get that character to go through the wall. Not unless the 'creators' of the game change the rules and the laws of the program. The wall is only real for the game characters.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony. By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

2 Corinthians 4:18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

For the first time we humans can "see/understand" (with our spiritual eyes/mind) our Creator, who He is, and how He created us. Now this is not just scientific fact, but it can be supported with Biblical evidence.