frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Trump vs NFL

Debate Information

Trump now picked a dangerous target - American fav sport - NFL.  , you can't win that one, football players are rockstars and that trumps Trump. I think that was a no-win for Trump to go after them as it will hurt his popularity.  Yes, I agree that national anthem and american flag should be respected, but Trump will not get support from the country to attack NFL
joecavalrynorthsouthkoreanatbarons
  1. Live Poll

Will country support Trump in his attack on NFL?

10 votes
    1. Yes
      50.00%
    2. No
      20.00%
    3. Mixed
      30.00%
WhyTrump - a good question

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    I believe that Trump is right and is defending the people who fought for America, etc. What NFL players are doing is irresponsible and rude to many people and the country.
    natbarons
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • natbaronsnatbarons 133 Pts   -  
    Yes, many viewers of sports might agree with Trump’s statement.
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    @natbarons, I wouldn't underestimate the NFL fans 
  • Trump should not involve himself in sports, etc. due to controversy.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta, it's not conclusive yet that it's down because of Trump, although I would expect it to be. That is likely not good for NFL either, but I can't see how picking this battle with NFL will be good for Trump. 
  • WakeWake 124 Pts   -  
    I couldn't care less what Trump had to say. But I fought for my country and I do not like millionaires dissing my flag. I will never watch another football game including college football and I won't support a single advertiser of NFL or NBA.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    WhyTrump said:
    @CYDdharta, it's not conclusive yet that it's down because of Trump, although I would expect it to be. That is likely not good for NFL either, but I can't see how picking this battle with NFL will be good for Trump. 

It certainly doesn't seem to be hurting Ttrump, but the lower ratings do suggest there is more support for Trump's position than the NFL's
  • George_HorseGeorge_Horse 499 Pts   -  
    NFL Players were being disrespectful, now Trump is giving them a piece of his mind! America stands with Patriotism! Not Anti-American bastards!
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.~Orson Welles
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited September 2017
    Being disrespectful towards a piece of dyed cloth? Seriously. It's not like they're spitting on a vet's grave. The USGS has turned the flag into a mini-god. This is blasphemous, it is actually against most religions to bow or show that much reverence to any graven image/idol. My dad and my grandad fought for the country, and my freedom. Most importantly, the freedom to NOT to have to bow down or salute anyone or anything.
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited September 2017
    If I brought an atheist into my home, I wouldn't whine if he didn't bow his head when my family prayed. This is no different.
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  

Wayne Dyer

Wayne Dyer
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    Well, whether or not he should...I dunno.  I recall Presidents that when someone stepped out of line...they would come on TV and give them a tongue lashing...calling for shame and dishonor upon that person or organization.  And it seems...that the NFL has bent over the barrel for Trump already.  Shame is a critical part of our culture and when people do things and present no shame for them...we are responsible as fellow Citizens to bring shame upon them.  Trump took it upon himself to shame the Football players for what they're doing...and it seems to have worked.
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

I'm going to continue being that guy.
    agsr

Wayne Dyer