frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Is Donald Trump Too Harsh On The Media?

Debate Information

Donald Trump is known for criticism towards the media. Is he going too far or just right or not far enough?
  1. Live Poll

?

12 votes
    1. Too far
      33.33%
    2. Not far enough
      33.33%
    3. Just right
      33.33%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• lnbhh_9577lnbhh_9577 27 Pts   -  
    I believe that he is not going too far.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I can see how President Trump is annoyed with the media.  It is difficult for us to judge his exact reaction since we are not in his shoes, but he is being targeted for various reason (maybe ratings, maybe political debates).  Since it is a free country, he cannot really do KGB style crackdown on the media..so he will have to learn to meditate and deal with his frustration somehow.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • mnxse_0871mnxse_0871 12 Pts   -  
    I would say he's not too harsh on them.
  • lanbsh_3939lanbsh_3939 12 Pts   -  
    I think that he's a good amount.
  • arpitastvarpitastv 12 Pts   -  
    No, I don't think that he is too harsh on media but yes, he if he think like something wrong happening then he must raised his voice against that, but somehow it may happens because as everyone know how is his behaviour
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    I find it ironic that this question is being asked on Trump.  When Obama was president, he catered to his favorite media outlets as well, but unlike Trump (at least so far) Obama sent the Justice Dept. to investigate and harass a reporter who was critical of his administration.  Perspectives seem unreasonably skewed when it comes to Trump.
  • I don't believe he's to harsh on the media.
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    CYDdharta,
    that is an excellent point.  Since the views around Trump are so polarized, anti-Trump folks and media always take extreme negative position when it comes to Trump. He is just a nice juicy target for the media to boost their ratings. It wasn't cool for the media to attack Obama, that was just weird.  Obama to your point send the justics departmemt after that one reporter. When all that ugly email stuff was going on around Hillary, the media was not leeching on her and kept it mostly low key.  

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    CYDdharta and Islander507,
    i also agree with your points.
    Media and anti-Trump liberals are overly aggressive and hiding behind consititional right for freedom of speech.  But, consititution doesn't give them the right to attack the President of the USA to boost their ratings.  Trump will be in his full right to be even more aggressive with the media.  He called them enemy of the people, and that's not unwarranted.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • pkwni_10864pkwni_10864 17 Pts   -  
    No, he is not harsh at all.
  • No, he should be even more strict with them.
  • Given what media is doing to him, he is absolutely within his right. Big Media is really out of control, using their catchy headlines and stretched cherry-picked facts to attack public perception of Trump.