frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Another Day, Another School Shooting

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    @just_sayin
    You are quoting Politico and I'm quoting the CDC, the National Academies of Science, and the Obama Administration's Gun Report.

Tell the truth for once you absolutely insane nut job. I quoted Harvard, the BBC, Medium, the Journal of Criminology and Criminal Law, Wikipedia, the National Academies of Science, the Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, the American Statistical Association and Politico. 

You, on the other hand, have continued to misrepresent information, reference false sources and ignore contradictory research. You did not quote the National Academies of Science you thoroughly dishonest, delusional fanatic. You quoted Gary Kleck, the same person who in 1992 concluded there are 2.5 million defensive gun uses every year in the US based on the answers to a questionnaire filled out by -- wait for it -- five thousand people. The same Gary Kleck whose absurd speculation has been debunked by every serious criminologist in the United States. The same Gary Kleck whose absurd speculation has been ruled not simply wrong, but mathematically impossible.

The results suggest interesting associations: victims who use guns defensively are less likely to be harmed than those using other forms of selfprotection. 
    Oh just stop talking you biased little halfwit. The report you are quoting is 20 years old, it was written by the NRC, not NAS, and you are -- as per usual -- picking bits and pieces out of it and simply ignoring everything in the same report which contradicts what you want to believe. For example:-

Over the past decade, a number of researchers have conducted studies to measure the prevalence of defensive gun use in the population. However, disagreement over the definition of defensive gun use and uncertainty over the accuracy of survey responses to sensitive questions and the methods of data collection have resulted in estimated prevalence rates that differ by a factor of 20 or more. These differences in the estimated prevalence rates indicate either that each survey is measuring something different or that some or most of them are in error. 

And:-

There are compelling reasons to suspect that the true number of DGU events are exaggerated in surveys like the NSPOF and the NSDS. There are many implications of the especially high rates of DGU those surveys report that do not appear to be consistent with more-trusted sources of information. For instance, the NSDS estimates suggest that, while using a firearm for self-defense, U.S. residents likely injured or killed an opponent 207,000 times per year, but only about 100,000 people die or are treated for gunshot injuries in hospitals each year, most of whom either shot themselves or were victims of criminal assaults (Hemenway, 1997). Similarly improbable numbers of injuries are implied by self-reports of DGU in the NSPOF survey (Cook, Ludwig, and Hemenway, 1997).

You are a deeply dishonest little piggy. The very first sentence after the one you have quoted reads:-

Whether these findings reflect underlying causal relationships or spurious correlations remains uncertain.

So you are once again misrepresenting the report you are quoting from, which is two decades old and has been superseded by many more recent studies, for example:-

People in homes with handguns more likely to be shot dead, major study finds

Researchers find ‘zero evidence of any kind of protective effects’, with women at particular risk

• juicevalleyjuicevalley 9 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: False claims of Sources

@Dee You fail to recognise that according to the department of justice Firearm Violence Data 1993-2011 less than 1% of guns used to commit crimes are legal. Out of the illegal guns used 43% were obtained through street sources ( stolen from military, border, etc) and only 10% were stolen from legal gun owners. How does removing legal guns from society stop crimes that are committed with guns that are already illegal over 99% of the time?
    NomenclatureMineSubCraftStarvedJulesKorngold
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @juicevalley
    You fail to recognise that according to the department of justice Firearm Violence Data 1993-2011 less than 1% of guns used to commit crimes are legal. Out of the illegal guns used 43% were obtained through street sources 

I just witness outrageous fallacy after outrageous fallacy from American gun nuts. It is precisely the legality of guns which makes them so available, both through legal and illegal means. Other developed countries do not have the problems with gun crime that America has, because other developed countries attempt to control rather than proliferate guns. Other developed countries do not average two mass shootings per day. 

America as a culture has become so unreasonable and unbalanced thanks to extreme partisan politics and religion that it is terrifying reading some of the things Americans type. 

DeeJoeKerr
    @juicevalley
    How does removing legal guns from society

Legal versus illegal guns is a false dichotomy with no relevance to the crisis of violence your country is in. You are making a completely false assumption that the level of danger a gun poses to the public is dependent upon whether it was obtained legally or illegally, and from that initial false assumption come all your other false assumptions. Americans do exactly the same thing when they attempt to divide crime on the basis of race. It is utterly warped quasi-logic.

To make matters even worse, your data is radically inaccurate in the first place, which implies that you have obtained it from a source which is biased. 

When it comes to mass shootings, which is what this topic is actually about:-

93 of the mass shootings in the United States between 1982 and March 2023 involved weapons which were obtained legally; a clear majority. Only 16 incidents involved guns that were obtained illegally.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476461/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-legality-of-shooters-weapons/

And when it comes to your claim about less than one percent of gun crimes being committed with legal guns, then that is also false. This 2008 study puts the true figure twenty times higher:-

They found that in approximately 8 out of 10 cases, the perpetrator was not a lawful gun owner but rather in illegal possession of a weapon that belonged to someone else.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/study-vast-majority-gun-crime-isnt-committed-lawful-gun-owners/

Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @juicevalley

Argument Topic: when beaten in debate juicevalley changes topics and lies , so American really

What are you even babbling about you lunatic?  93 % of the guns used in school shootings between 1982 and 29023 were obtained legally.

Why does it take educated Europeans like @Nomenclature and I to constantly educate ignorant Muricans like you?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Nomenclature

They're undoubtedly as a nation the most unbalanced and idiotic on the planet , they honestly believe acknowledging faults in their own society is somehow unpatriotic
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @JoeKerr @Nomenclature ;What the hell are you talking about?

Im talking about what nomenclature said when he said that 6 people including 3 kids were killed because its his usual prejudice thing of course. The point Im pointing out is why not say like there were 4 females and 2 males or there were 2 whites and 4 blacks or 3 brainy people and 3 tards. What is he to say that we should high light what 3 of the people are when they are all people and we should not discriminate. Thats what the hell Im talking about so what the hell are you talking about.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

People citing safety and feeling safe are two different things.

People admitting a gun makes them feel safe and feeling safe by having one are one and the same thing 

I wear a helmet for safety, but i ride my bike plenty times without it and I still feel safe but wearing a helmet makes me safer.

I wear a helmet to feel safe , but I ride my bike without it and feel unsafe so wearing it makes me feel safe 

So just because you site safety doesnt mean you feel unsafe.

The majority of Americans admit they feel unsafe without a gun , you're denying facts ( btw it's "cite " not " site")

I think you need to read childrens books that teach comparitives and superlatives.

I think an adult needs to explain to you in simple terms that your denial of facts is part of your mental impairment with no treatment available  
    Fast, faster, fastest.  All are fast but one is fastest.

Unsafe , unsafer , unsafest. All are unsafe , the majority of Americans admit they feel unsafe without a gun 

Safe, safer, safest all are safe but one is safest.

Read above you 're actually denying what your fellow Americans say on the issue , why do you think your minority ill informed  piece of nonsense decides what your fellow Americans admit?

Finally i provide a math example. Doing act X only has a 0.0000001 percent chance of causing injury.  Thats pretty safe.
    But using object Y increases the safety. ...SAFER.

Here we go as usual after you spending days denying what your fellow Americans say regards carrying guns to feel safe you now resort to a hilarious piece  of nonsense you call " math" of which of course has absolutely nothing to do with stats and facts ( you deny ) regarding guns.

It's time you grew up and  embraced reality instead of acting like a teary eyed girl by denying any fact that disputes your cherry pie and ice cream ultra patriotic view of America , you live in a violent dysfunctional society that attempts to normalise school shootings , imagine feeling its a norm to have armed guards to protect your kids in school?

Worse still id- ots like you no doubt suggest prayers for the dead just like the first on the scene always  do
  • JoeKerrJoeKerr 332 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: What the hell are you talking about?

@Barnardot
    All I can say in reply to you is that you are a few sandwiches short of a picnic.
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 963 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    @Nomenclature
    You quoted from articles from Politico and the medium.  Those articles REFERENCE other studies.  The problem with those studies as I keep pointing out and referring you to the FIREARMS AND VIOLENCE A CRITICAL REVIEW: Committee to Improve Research Information and Data on Firearms
    National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. 2005. Firearms and Violence: A Critical Review. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. https://doi.org/10.17226/10881, is that your studies use a narrow definition of defensive gun use that is out of the main stream of research and that most credible gun studies find that defensive gun uses are more numerous than gun crimes year after year after year.  Anyone reading this thread knows just how weak your argument is.

Even your research proves the point that defensive gun uses occur.   the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology (1995) found that if the data was extrapolated there were 162,000 incidents that year of defensive gun use which as the report said almost certainly would have been killed” if they “had not used a gun for protection.”

The Journal of Quantitative Criminology (2000) found that U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year. 

A CDC study (1994) found that Americans use guns to frighten away intruders who are breaking into their homes about 498,000 times per year.

Crime & Delinquency (2008) found that resisting attempted rape with “an object, knife, or gun reduced the odds” of being raped by 91%. To think some people want to take guns away from poor single moms who live in bad neighborhoods, while they let violent criminals out of jail with no bail, to rape and kill her and her children, and won't let her protect herself and family.  We shouldn't try to make it easier to rape and kill women and their children.    
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1126 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    @Dee

"The majority of Americans admit they feel unsafe without a gun , you're denying facts"

Cite that please.

You said the majority of Americans cite safety as a reason for owning a gun.

Ill repeat again citing you use something for safety doesnt mean you feel unsafe.  You may feel unsafe or you may already feel safe but want to be safer.

Again heres the example.
    I wear a helmet for safety, but i ride my bike plenty times without it and I still feel safe but wearing a helmet makes me safer.

Your response: "I wear a helmet to feel safe , but I ride my bike without it and feel unsafe so wearing it makes me feel safe"

This doesnt prove anything. Your contention is if you cite using something for safety then you must feel unsafe.

My contention is you could feel safe or unsafe.  I.e.  You may feel unsafe without a helmet so you wear one for safety. Youd never ride a bike without.
    Or you may feel safe without one but decide to wear one to increase safety.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

"The majority of Americans admit they feel unsafe without a gun , you're denying facts"

Cite that please.

Why? You always deny any stats orstudies  posted up  as you do your usual restating of such to mean something totally else.

You said the majority of Americans cite safety as a reason for owning a gun

Yes , home invasion , burglary, assault being the top reason , why do you continue to deny it?

Ill repeat again citing you use something for safety doesnt mean you feel unsafe.

It does , tell me why do Americans carry in areas their have an unsavory reputation? It It because they feel safe?

You may feel unsafe or you may already feel safe but want to be safer.

No one here requires a gun for home safety the idea is absurd , yet its a norm in the US as would be intruders always carry a gun in the US so lethal force has  to be met with lethal force

Again heres the example.

Your response: "I wear a helmet to feel safe , but I ride my bike without it and feel unsafe so wearing it makes me feel safe"

This doesnt prove anything.

It proves your piss poor false comparison fails

Your contention is if you cite using something for safety then you must feel unsafe.

In the case of guns yes , the majority of Americans agree

My contention is you could feel safe or unsafe

That's not what the majority of Americans think ,even your kids feel unsafe ,  if American children feel safe in school why are most schools employing armed guards?

.  I.e.  You may feel unsafe without a helmet so you wear one for safety. Youd never ride a bike without.

Yes, like Americans feel nsafe without a gun according to the majority 

Or you may feel safe without one but decide to wear one to increase safety.

Hilarious typical double speak nonsense from you. You cannot claim to feel safe and then buy a helmet to feel safe after claiming you feel safe without one

• MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1126 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    @Dee

"You cannot claim to feel safe and then buy a helmet to feel safe after claiming you feel safe without one"

Yes you can. You can feel safe and buy one to feel safer.  Which is why i perfectly fine riding without one, but when readily available will put one on. Why not?

So you cant cite the study that shows americans feel UNSAFE.
    Why even debate at that point?

You are in fact doing the restating. Making citing safety equivalent to feeling unsafe.
     Which is why you wont cite a study.  Because you have to unfairly restate what it says.
    bjinthirty
    @MichaelElpers
    Yes you can. You can feel safe and buy one to feel safer.  Which is why i perfectly fine riding without one, but when readily available will put one on. Why not?

I understand your argument Michael, and at least you are trying to remain rational. 

Ultimately, the problem with feeling unsafe inside an urban environment largely boils down to the proliferation of guns in the first place, so people are compelled to contribute to the wider problem in order to solve their own individual problem. I would probably buy a gun in an environment where everybody else had one, because it would put me at a disadvantage not to have one. However, I would then become a potential problem for everybody else. 

The issue is really that people think to themselves, "OK, I have the right to protect myself, so it's perfectly fine to own a gun", without really considering that a large number of people (possibly including themselves) are irrational, volatile, self-righteous and frequently plain dumb. In a highly educated society where everybody was perfectly rational then guns might not necessarily be so much of a problem, but when you throw them into the mix in a place which is dominated by extreme political and religious propaganda, and the average person isn't particularly intelligent (or reasonable), then it's a surefire recipe for disaster.

• Why does everyone here all agree that by “united state of law” the argument before connection to established justice is over feeling safter. Yet, all of you cannot understand that in order for anyone to not only feel safer, and be safter, in whole truth and nothing but truth we must all equal share the burden of use of lethal force as it is used in public?

• MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1126 Pts   -  
    @Nomenclature

"Ultimately, the problem with feeling unsafe inside an urban environment largely boils down to the proliferation of guns in the first place"

Id agree guns provide a inate ability to cause violence, but I actually think the amount of violence stems from the extreme political propoganda you pointed out and the division of people.

The extreme political rhetoric and the division devides one from their neighbor and community.  The political rhetoric makes each side thinks the other is evil, irrational, and not to be associated with.  I try to avoid thinking this way about disagreements with the common person.
    Aside from the hate we split people among sexual orientation, race, sex, cultures ect and have developed a group think among them.
    So instead of viewing our neighbors as American, or solely decent people we are divided in a country that requires more assimilation than anywhere else.
    With division comes a breakdown of community.  Breakdown of community ultimately causes more violence. With no community people look to government for all solutions which turns up the political rhetoric even more.
    @MichaelElpers
    Id agree guns provide a inate ability to cause violence, but I actually think the amount of violence stems from the extreme political propoganda you pointed out and the division of people.

Hi again buddy. 

It isn't so much about their ability to cause violence in my opinion, but rather the scale of violence they can be used to inflict. If we compare guns to knives, for example, then knife wounds are statistically about half as dangerous, and due to the fact that an assailant needs to be in extremely close proximity to inflict damage, it makes it significantly easier to escape or disarm them. Guns make the task of inflicting serious violence much easier and safer for the attacker, both in terms of attacks against individuals, but also against groups of people. An attacker armed with a melee weapon would usually be quickly overpowered and disarmed by a group, but armed with a gun he (or she) becomes a much greater threat. 

The political rhetoric makes each side thinks the other is evil, irrational, and not to be associated with. 

I completely agree, and I'm sure you understand it is usually more complicated than one side being evil and the other being good. But this type of black and white thinking gives people a feeling of moral righteousness when it comes to confrontation, and they rarely consider the perspective of the other party. On the one hand, people have a right not to be threatened, but on the other hand it becomes more complicated when people talk about "feeling" threatened. I have spoken to plenty of individuals who seem to think they have a right to pull a gun out simply because of their own feelings, and their own arbitrary interpretation of an interaction. For example, two people might be having a minor disagreement, and one person says something -- perhaps completely unwittingly -- which seriously upsets the other. The upset party might begin shouting and flailing his arms around, and the other subsequently gets frightened, pulls a gun out of her bag and ends his life. Tragedies likes this happen every day, caused by little more than poor communication, and the terrible thing is that guns are what facilitate them. 

• bjinthirtybjinthirty 139 Pts   -   edited March 2023
       The massacres around the United States today with the use of firearms are easily the method of choice for people wanting to harm others. They are effective, require little effort, quickly eliminates a multitude of bodies, puts you in control of any situation no matter the size, and the element of surprise against unarmed civilians.

A: Guns as someone mentioned here based off statistics have been far more used to intimidate rather than self defense. Guns have de-escalated situations with out the use of physical harm to both parties or family. Without the use of firearms any family home is proned to attacks from a group of individuals, hate attacks, threats, and at a disadvantage against a bigger individual wanting to cause harm. Guns put the property owner in control over there property, life, and protecting their loved ones. If weapons are used more to intimidate based off the data you provided then that means the issue isnt with the guns. The problem rests somewhere else. The problems most individuals who used firearms to shoot innocent people stemmed from mental issues or personal disregard for their own life. Gun access was there but guns was not the problem. I can almost guarantee you the problem originates within the legal spectrum. Meaning these shooters were either pushed into a corner socially or were pushed into a corner economically.

By socially motivated to shoot innocent people may be triggered by children deprived of their childhood by judicial custody battles. Foster care and adopted children. Social media bullying. Progressed agression of inter familiar matters, the endless fountain of information you can dig up on someone and mislead judgement via misinformation online and many others.

By economically motivated to shoot innocent civilians could be triggered by the limits a consumer has against a company giant in control over their life. These come in the form of insurance policies, wills and trusts, denied medical care, denied benefits, companies getting away with murder, people getting away with murder, banks immune to their mistakes but able to financially punish consumers for their mistakes, dating sites that promote divorce, even youtube over the control of peoples content online resulted in a young female shooter going into youtube headquarters to shoot up the place because they pushed her into a corner with impunity.

The answer for school shootings is not to take the guns away. It is absurd to think that taking guns away eliminates massacres. Although possible to some extent, the harm by an attacker will be orchestrated in one way or another even if it is at a less extent.

Today, just about any person can personally fabricate a single shot pipe gun at home with little resources and make their own shells. 

Today, people can cross drugs and immigrants into the country what makes you think guns wont be the next.

Today, the gun lobbyists in control are too powerful to go against. even Obama said it.

Today, American civilians without guns are vulnerable to enemy invaders to protect areas military has not reached yet.

Persuade me that im wrong

guns are necessary.

@bjinthirty
    Without the use of firearms any family home is proned to attacks from a group of individuals, hate attacks, threats, and at a disadvantage against a bigger individual wanting to cause harm. Guns put the property owner in control over there property, life, and protecting their loved ones. 

I genuinely just don't understand why Americans struggle so desperately with basic common sense. Try to follow the irrefutable logic of my words. If you arm the property owner, you also arm the person coming to attack the property owner. Hence, instead of being the victim of a burglary from which the property owner may recover financially, his entire family ends up being killed in a shootout. 

You can't arm the property owner without arming the home invader. That's how it works when you legalise guns. You make the threat against your family a hundred times worse than it needs to be. 

@JoeKerr ;All I can say in reply to you is that you are a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

Well in that case your a hole picnic short of a picnic because you cant even debate your way out of a paper bag thats been poped even if you try and you just even admitted that that is all you can say. And even when you said that what the hell are you talking about its real hard for any one to know what the hell your talking about which is why I repeated it back to you but you didn't get the hint I reckon. I reckon that may be what you should do and Im only suggesting here so dont start jumping in conclusions but what you should do is may be find a book called debating for dummies in the tard section of the pre school library and then you will be able to debate a 100 times better than you do now. But at least its a good start when you at least admit that you cant say any thing in reply except dum things because a lot of people might think your being real offensive because were talking about innocent people being killed here and all you can do is be totally dum.

• MineSubCraftStarvedMineSubCraftStarved 148 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    GUNS AND CRIME PREVENTION - Defensive Gun Uses DGUs studieshttps://www.gunfacts.info/blog/big-gun-data/
    https://bjs.ojp.gov/content/pub/pdf/suficspi16.pdf
    In 2000, there were 483,695 gun crimes committed - https://nij.ojp.gov/topics/articles/gun-violence-america

The data conclusively shows that defensive gun usage cases greatly outnumber gun crimes. Thus demonstrating how firearms help a country's security by allowing citizens to carry a deterrent against criminals.
    While one can argue that there wouldn't be any gun crimes or a need for DGU cases if guns weren't available in the first place, this would not impact criminals in the slightest as only 10.1% of them gained them through trackable methods. With the other 89.9% getting it through methods that the government would have virtually no control over. Furthermore, criminals can still commit crimes without guns, and without the ability of a citizenry to easily defend themselves, this would lead to an increase in crime.
    If a person really wants to kill another person, they will do so, with or without a gun.

Guns don't end lives, they save them, and the data supports this notion.
    @MineSubCraftStarved ;Guns don't end lives, they save them, and the data supports this notion.

The data you posted doesn't support your notion because the first bit of data is from an Exstream site and cant be counted and the second bit of data is about fire arms in prison so your hole notion is complete total offensive baloney.

• @Barnardot
    from an Exstream site and cant be counted
    Not sure what you mean, the source is pretty reliable, and it simply repeats various other DGU studies
    For a bias check look here:
    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-truth-about-guns/
    Failed Fact Checks
    • None in the Last 5 years
    second bit of data is about fire arms in prison
    It was taken from prisoners convicted of crimes involving guns. Not about the prevalence of firearms themselves in the American prison system.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

Yes you can.

No you cannot, a gun is necessary ( mostly ) to feel safe in ones  home in the US , do a bit of research into the matter 

You can feel safe and buy one to feel safer.

Not according to the majority of gun owners in the US , you seem to think your isolated  untypical opinion somehow decides the matter 

Which is why i perfectly fine riding without one, but when readily available will put one on. Why not?

Did you somehow ask every helmet owner why they own one or is it again your subjective opinion decides the matter?

So you cant cite the study that shows americans feel UNSAFE.

I can and I have done in the past all you ever do is deny any links or studies done as " biased / unreliable " yet never post up even one source to support your assertions, proof being you started this post with a semantic  strawman based on the usage of the  term " safer" yet you cannot support your contention with nothing but your opinion right ?

So why demand from me what I've supplied in the past what you point blank refuse to supply credible sources  for your opinion piece?

Why even debate at that point?

Yes why do you think your unsupported assertions are debate?

You are in fact doing the restating. Making citing safety equivalent to feeling unsafe.

Rubbish, I take your ridiculous false analogies and restate them using the reverse of your statement to demonstrate how ridiculous they truly are , your best response is to restate yet again , somehow you repeating and restating your arguments is now me doing the restating , your lack of self awareness is hilarious. 

Nonsense, Americans are highly fearful of crime especially home invasion also the majority of Americans and their kids worry about school shootings, people like you have to  ignore what's in front of you every day all in a ridiculous attempt to normalise the daily slaughters in your totally dysfunctional society where the solution to the gun problems is more guns

You never address questions put to you as you have no meaningful replies.

Which is why you wont cite a study.  Because you have to unfairly restate what it says.

That's a lie and you know it. 
  • JoeKerrJoeKerr 332 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot
    Well, there has to be something wrong with you when you get your panties in a twist
    over Nomenclature saying, "six people were killed including three children."
    What is your problem with the English language?

Nomenclature
    @JoeKerr ;Well, there has to be something wrong with you when

Are you actually going to debate or keep being wierd all the time?

• bjinthirtybjinthirty 139 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    @bjinthirty
    Without the use of firearms any family home is proned to attacks from a group of individuals, hate attacks, threats, and at a disadvantage against a bigger individual wanting to cause harm. Guns put the property owner in control over there property, life, and protecting their loved ones. 

I genuinely just don't understand why Americans struggle so desperately with basic common sense. Try to follow the irrefutable logic of my words. If you arm the property owner, you also arm the person coming to attack the property owner. Hence, instead of being the victim of a burglary from which the property owner may recover financially, his entire family ends up being killed in a shootout. 

You can't arm the property owner without arming the home invader. That's how it works when you legalise guns. You make the threat against your family a hundred times worse than it needs to be. 

Its not as simple as you'd think. You're going around with a costume on in support of anti gun laws when you've never owned or shot one before least to say experienced an armed confrontation.

Come outside of your closet one saturday and go out and ask any criminal. You tell em, go to that house and steal and they wouldnt do it. Not because they won't but because the fear of what that home could turn out having. If guns were eliminated you are giving invitations to criminals to steal because the risk of death is low and the possibility of consequence could be scrapes and scratches. It would overwhelm police officers, the penal system, state budgets, and create within the criminal community new improvised ways to get away with murder. Crime would be out of control everywhere. 

Ask that same criminal why he wouldnt do it, I could almost assure you he'd say the only thing stoping him is not knowing if he may come out of there alive.

Any laws meant to take away our arms is an attack against the United States and we should see it as a foreign country meddling to plan something. I dont know why people are so poosy about guns. They are a great stress reliever out in the range. And when you are hunting over populated white tail in oregon in the middle of no civilization, it's a good experience.
    @bjinthirty
    Its not as simple as you'd think. 

It is my friend. Every single developed country which has taken action to regulate the proliferation and/or use of guns has recorded a decrease in gun crime.

You're going around with a costume on

What? Lol.

you've never owned or shot one before least to say experienced an armed confrontation.

Just another fallacy, buddy. I don't need to smoke to know smoking is harmful to health. I don't need to be a geologist to know the moon is made of rock.

Come outside of your closet one saturday and go out and ask any criminal. You tell em, go to that house and steal and they wouldnt do it.

You're just writing sheer nonsense buddy. We have plenty of house thefts in this country and none of the criminals have guns. Why would they take a gun, which will earn them five years prison time if caught, to a crime which they would ordinarily only receive two years for? 

The fact of the matter is that as a country you have been brainwashed. Not just in relation to guns, but guns are a fine example of the irrational beliefs the vast majority of Americans have been indoctrinated into through the media.

Any laws meant to take away our arms is an attack against the United States

This is exactly the kind of dangerously mentally ill nonsense I'm talking about. Wanting to reduce the vast numbers of innocent people killed in completely preventable, senseless deaths, is about as far away from an "attack against the United States" as it is possible to get. I'm afraid you are a literal moron. The language you are using is the language of a fanatic. 

• John_C_87John_C_87 Emerald Premium Member 865 Pts   -   edited March 2023

This is exactly the kind of dangerously mentally ill nonsense I'm talking about. Wanting to reduce the vast numbers of innocent people killed in completely preventable, senseless deaths, is about as far away from an "attack against the United States" as it is possible to get. I'm afraid you are a literal moron. The language you are using is the language of a fanatic. 

Do you have the records from all the trials as a person is only presumed innocent till proven guilty in a Court of Law. The problem is you speak as though turning up missing has no bearing on statistics when evaluating shootings. You and others on this site have bragged may times before how much smarter people are outside American's. I believe you. Why? The destruction of evidence like missing persons and perjury on an international level are two of the best way in connection to established justice to prove a person’s Higher IQ. 

Wile E. Coyote super genius….

Wile E. Coyote super genius….

Wile E. Coyote super genius….!
    Its got a right to it.....

• bjinthirtybjinthirty 139 Pts   -  
    @bjinthirty
    Its not as simple as you'd think. 

It is my friend. Every single developed country which has taken action to regulate the proliferation and/or use of guns has recorded a decrease in gun crime.

You're going around with a costume on

What? Lol.

you've never owned or shot one before least to say experienced an armed confrontation.

Just another fallacy, buddy. I don't need to smoke to know smoking is harmful to health. I don't need to be a geologist to know the moon is made of rock.

Come outside of your closet one saturday and go out and ask any criminal. You tell em, go to that house and steal and they wouldnt do it.

You're just writing sheer nonsense buddy. We have plenty of house thefts in this country and none of the criminals have guns. Why would they take a gun, which will earn them five years prison time if caught, to a crime which they would ordinarily only receive two years for? 

The fact of the matter is that as a country you have been brainwashed. Not just in relation to guns, but guns are a fine example of the irrational beliefs the vast majority of Americans have been indoctrinated into through the media.

Any laws meant to take away our arms is an attack against the United States

Every single developed country which has taken action to regulate proliferation...

Some of those countries include the UK and Australia. The UK is still recovering from nearly being conquered. The people there are soft for now but give it a generation or two perhaps violence will ramp up. Australia is a piece of land in the middle of the ocean nobody cares about. Cultural differences and history, not statistics is the reason for the gun data. Take a look at Ukraine for example. Statistics showed Russia would be done with them in 3 weeks. Statistical data showed the US would be able to leave Afghanistan with a working government. Statistics is not to be relied on as proof. Theres always possible failure.

I dont need to be a geologist to know the moon is made out of rock.

True. But it took a geologist to tell you it was made of rock otherwise you would probably think it's an eye in the sky.

we have many of house thefts and none of the criminals have guns.

I never said anything about criminals carrying guys breaking into homes. I said gun ownership in homes was a deterrent to home theft. Without gun ownership in homes you eliminate the risk of danger. To a criminal it is all about what they can get away with and if the risks outweigh the prize, they go elsewhere. I dare you to go live out in the middle of nowhere without a gun and come back to me how safe you felt or if you were fangled by a deformed hills have eyes character.

this is the kind of mentally ill nonsense.

You mean the mentally ill nonsense already knocking on your doorstep and wishing to be civil about it?. The world is heading towards a crisis and the United States is vulnerable to massive corruption with the senate and congress about to reach the end of their time. That means new people in power possibly infiltrating to whatever they desire. Nations hate us and you want me to be defenseless counting on my little white flag for passage? No thanks.

There is no way you can put a man in a type of situation where they become helpless to themselves and family. There's no way I would ever accept that I one day have to beg people breaking into my home down on two knees for mercy begging not to kill me while my kids and wife watch and hear me. I dont know the man you were built to be but guns regardless of what is said are necessary. Both to save lifes and defend yours.
    @bjinthirty
    The UK is still recovering from nearly being conquered. 
    Lol. What are you even talking about you hilariously uneducated halfwit?
    The people there are soft for now but give it a generation or two perhaps violence will ramp up.
    It will definitely ramp up if we give out guns to every lunatic in the country, but we prefer our children alive so it probably won't happen anytime soon. Keep dreaming though.
    Australia is a piece of land in the middle of the ocean
    I can see you know your geography. Very impressive.
    nobody cares about.
    Ah, yes. This is more of the insanely dumb stuff they convince Americans of, right? They teach you that America is the only country in the world which anybody cares about. I'm very curious about how exactly they make you so dumb that you actually believe this. Do they put something in the water which kills IQ points? 
    Cultural differences and history, not statistics is the reason for the gun data.
    Of course. Everybody knows you don't need guns to commit gun violence. Silly me.

You're right about one thing, though. Hand out guns like candy to a nation of absolute morons with loud mouths and low IQs, and there's going to be trouble. 
    Take a look at Ukraine for example. Statistics showed Russia would be done with them in 3 weeks.
    Did those statistics mention anything about billions of dollars in federal funding and a weapons cache which would impress Hitler?
    I dont need to be a geologist to know the moon is made out of rock.

True. But it took a geologist to tell you it was made of rock
    Lol. Do you understand how words work? My goodness you are funny.
    I never said anything about criminals carrying guys breaking into homes. I said gun ownership in homes was a deterrent to home theft. 
    Oh wow, you are an impressively unintelligent individual, aren't you?

In 2019 there were one million, one hundred and seventeen thousand, six hundred and ninety six home thefts in the United States. 

Gun ownership is an incentive for home thieves to carry guns, not a deterrent to home theft. You are so absurdly dense that I'm actually impressed by just how much dumb you can squeeze into a single sentence.

bjinthirty
  • @Nomenclature
    Gun ownership is an incentive for home thieves to carry guns, not a deterrent to home theft. You are so absurdly dense that I'm actually impressed by just how much dumb you can squeeze into a single sentence.

Gun ownership is an incentive for home thieves to carry guns, question: even when against the law? If law is your almighty pass a law allowing the home invaders to be by definition of law shoot and killed as that will end the statistical construction with whole truth. It is personally a horrible connection to established justice as a united state to law but by whole truth is counterbalancing the use of law to participate in crime. The participation takes place as we are said to help, then we are to be described as passing a law aiding in advance to a crime. As if it was not bad enough to have the voter participate in the many international malpractice of law now taking place throughout the glob.

@John_C_87
    Gun ownership is an incentive for home thieves to carry guns, question: even when against the law? 

There's no clear reason for a home thief to carry a gun if there's no risk the home owner has one. It becomes outright contrary to their own best interests if the sentence for possession of the gun outweighs the sentence for the home theft. 

bjinthirty
    @Nomenclature ;There's no clear reason for a home thief to carry a gun if there's no risk the home owner has one. 

I totally agree because people who use that kind of thinking are just making excuses for their own use and the thing is if every one does that thenit all escalates in to bad guy v bad guy and theres no winners there because its like the dum primitive mentality they had in the old days when they had duals so its not just a matter of defence or if some one dies its all about do you go or do I go.

Nomenclaturebjinthirty
  • @Nomenclature

There's no clear reason for a home thief to carry a gun if there's no risk the home owner has one. It becomes outright contrary to their own best interests if the sentence for possession of the gun outweighs the sentence for the home theft. 

Alarm codes, cameras, the projected value of the prize for invasion, and availability of knives or other weapons at location of the home invasion are clear reasons. Making cases that are harder to prove against instructed criminals influencing writing of laws to shape statistics is not safety. It is a course sailing directly towards the rise of missing persons.

Nomenclature
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    @John_C_87
    Alarm codes, cameras, the projected value of the prize for invasion, and availability of knives or other weapons at location of the home invasion are clear reasons.

No they aren't John. A gun is useless against an alarm or a camera, I have no idea what your third item is about, and most people don't sleep with a knife nearby. Even if they did, a thief has a much greater chance of escape than they would facing a gun.

There is not one single iota of reason or rationality in any argument made in defence of guns in the home. They are all ridiculous. Home theft is not intentionally a crime of violence. The aim is to steal stuff. Once you add guns into the equation you create a potential bloodbath.

bjinthirty
    @nomenclature

You and your pretty words can take my foot all the way to the knee up your a**. 

Let me guess, "you're a lover not a fighter". Ask yourself why the Germans were so easy to take France, Belgium, etc.. countries with strict gun laws depriving the French from fighting the Germans back. My respects to the British for showing courageous valor they will forever be known for it. But that could play a part of the reason why the country is more peaceful. It brought the country together and those values stick for a long time as shown in your statistical page you rely on.

What you are suggesting is for everybody to accept new gun laws and give up our guns so that everybody can hold hands and feel safe now.

We Americans are war-hungry ready machines who stop at nothing to preserve democracy. Hate our laws or love them. Crticize our country or judge it, you would still come to live here or visit if you could.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @bjinthirty

We Americans are war-hungry ready machines who stop at nothing to preserve democracy.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha .......will you all listen to Roger Ramjet ( hero of our nation) Americans cannot win wars you clot , its all wind and bluster your military is the laughing stock of the world and utterly hopeless.

Hate our laws or love them

You mean the laws that do nothing to prevent the US having the second highest gun death total in the world  even beating  sh-t holes like  Venezuela,  Guatemala,  Honduras?

. Crticize our country or judge it, you would still come to live here or visit if you could.

No right minded person would , your country rates 129th in the world peace index what an utter sh- t hole Nigeria , Azerbaijan and the fu-cking Congo rate higher in peacefullness , lay off the crack pipe buddy and face reality .........how many armed guards do you need in your local schools for your kids to feel safe?

Read it and weep .........

In Washington, the US military is routinely feted as the best equipped, the best trained, the most lethal, indeed, the greatest force ever fielded. However, its dismal war record since 1945 suggests otherwise.

An uneasy draw in Korea was followed by humiliating withdrawals from South Vietnam, Somalia, Afghanistan and Iraq – with dire consequences for US policy, interests and reputation. These disasters were counter-balanced only by small-scale successes – the invasions of Grenada and Panama – or limited-objective wins, such as the liberation of Kuwait in Gulf War I.

Indeed, a detailed 2015 briefing by the US Special Operations Command analyzing the last century of American overseas conflicts found nine losses, 43 ties and only 12 wins.

Nomenclature
    @bjinthirty
    Let me guess, "you're a lover not a fighter".
    I don't need a gun to fight you because I'm not a coward. I'll square up to you like a man, not hide in the bushes like a ferret.
    Ask yourself why the Germans were so easy to take France, Belgium, etc.. countries with strict gun laws depriving the French from fighting the Germans back.
    War is the job of the army, not the job of doctors and dentists you raging imbecile. You can't blame military defeat on anybody except the military.
    What you are suggesting is for everybody to accept new gun laws 
    There are two mass shootings per day in your country. Children being shot dead in their classrooms. I can only guess at how selfish a person needs to be to think that terrible price is worth it. Personally, I am not that selfish.

Laws aren't there to be accepted. They are there to be obeyed. You didn't seem to have much of a problem accepting the Patriot Act, which gave the government the right to incarcerate you indefinitely without even charging you with a crime, so your faux objection is as dumb as everything else you have thus far said.
    We Americans are war-hungry ready machines who stop at nothing to preserve democracy.
    Holy mother of God, you are just so brainwashed and so frighteningly unintelligent. What you have in America is a corpocracy, not a democracy. You have a two party system funded by the exact same pool of financial interests. A functional democracy literally depends on a politically educated electorate, whereas your election system functions the same way as a celebrity popularity contest. You live in a situation where you are presented with the illusion of democracy, and the population is simply indoctrinated with so much propaganda and bad education that it can't tell the difference.

It is just absolutely terrifying how dumb and irrational the people in your country generally are. Your military is not some force for good, fighting injustice. Are you kidding me, you absolute clown? Literally how do they make you dumb enough to believe this crap? The United States is a country of loud-mouthed bullies that terrifies the rest of the world more than the Nazis did.

There's really no way to sugarcoat it: The rest of world believes that the United States is the country that poses the greatest threat to world peace, beating out all challengers by a wide margin.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/greatest-threat-world-peace-country_n_4531824

• @Nomenclature

There is not one single iota of reason or rationality in any argument made in defence of guns in the home. They are all ridiculous. Home theft is not intentionally a crime of violence. The aim is to steal stuff. Once you add guns into the equation you create a potential bloodbath.

The United States Constitutional Right held self-evident truth is that guns insures tranquility by allowing liberty on the use of lethal force as united state with Armed Services in a goverment. It does so by having that burden shared by the public.

No they aren't John. A gun is useless against an alarm or a camera,

" No, they aren't" Okay major crime boss, let’s assume you hold all home invasions in your territory as a united state. Therefore, none of your employee’s force entry by strongarming alarm codes from people and access to camera feed transmissions. Explain how do all of us lesser become such powerful crime lords as common defense so we can also dictate when, who, why guns are used in our territories?

I have no idea what your third item is about. 

Who does not have a knife and use one in their own home, why bring a gun if a knife is in the home and not theirs to avoid additional criminal charge, when, and if caught. Yes, that is a truth but not held as whole truth. Knives are in almost all homes and are up for the taking. I will not get into having a gun during a robbery as it is not the same as not displaying a gun during a robbery for the robbers own self-defense. The hidden issue that is not covered by you because you share equally in the crime is a United State Constitutional violation of due process by the criminal in the first place for simple stand in a boundary of land and property.

Most self-defense laws state that a person under threat of physical injury has a “duty to retreat.” If after retreating the threat continues, the person may respond with force. ( this includes criminals) Many written laws have horrible connections to established justice not just imperfect but out right horrible and often outright lies connecting them.

Americans cannot win wars you clot , its all wind and bluster your military is the laughing stock of the world and utterly hopeless.

I would laugh but I know that you're serious.

You mean the laws that do nothing to prevent the US having the second highest gun death total in the world  even beating  sh-t holes like  Venezuela,  Guatemala,  Honduras?

Venezuela can't even afford toilet paper let alone any fire arms and Guatemala and Honduras falls within the same range so your reference is not relevant. The United States is a country with busy airports with migrants and refugees coming in every day. Diversity in the United States along with territory that shadows your homeland ofcourse there is to expect these problems. Not as perfect but very dependable in terms of feeling safe that a 911 call will bring you help unlike other countries. You'd be stoopid to think that a country this size with its diversity in culture would be a peaceful one. But we are managing and improving on it.

In washington the US military is routinely feted and havent won no wars and is not a strong military force the world is laughing.

We havent won any wars because there hasn't been any you downy f***. For the youngest nation to ever wield so much power, I think we are doing impressively better than assumed. The US military is the only one in the world with capabilities to move military assets from point A to point B. no other nation has been close. So idk what you are talking about junior. Maybe you should hit the showers loser.

nomenclature

Just stop. You sound like my mother.
    @bjinthirty

Why would you laugh? You got your arses kicked in Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan and Iraq. The last war America won on its own was the war of independence. 

Dee
    @bjinthirty

Why would you laugh? You got your arses kicked in Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan and Iraq. The last war America won on its own was the war of independence. 

Funny that you mention this because I dont know of any other country in the world able to pull off what the United States did and you can bet your little fairy a** that US boots were there right in the middle of it every single time. For the attempt and still be able to keep rolling I consider it a win. 

I dont know what nationality you are but whatever country you derive from, it wouldnt match United States in comparison. We are a young nation and if you are British you have served longer and yet who's at the top 3? not you. Also, you should be thanking the Russians for Germany not finishing you off. You call it victory. I call it luck.
    @bjinthirty
    Funny that you mention this because I dont know of any other country in the world able to pull off what the United States did 

Me either. Losing four wars in a row is quite the achievement. That puts you right up there with France.

you can bet your little fairy a** that US boots were there right in the middle of it every single time.

Well, no. You chickened out of both world wars until the very last minute. You didn't arrive until years after the fighting began. 

I dont know what nationality you are but whatever country you derive from, it wouldnt match United States in comparison. 

A comparison of what exactly? Number of prisoners? I agree with you there, given that the "land of the free" has more people in jail than anywhere else in the world. 

The problem with Americans is that you are loud-mouthed nationalist halfwits who can't win a war despite spending more on your military than the next 12 countries combined. That's quite a feat when you think about it. 

Dee
    @bjinthirty
    Funny that you mention this because I dont know of any other country in the world able to pull off what the United States did 

Me either. Losing four wars in a row is quite the achievement. That puts you right up there with France.

you can bet your little fairy a** that US boots were there right in the middle of it every single time.

Well, no. You chickened out of both world wars until the very last minute. You didn't arrive until years after the fighting began. 

I dont know what nationality you are but whatever country you derive from, it wouldnt match United States in comparison. 

A comparison of what exactly? Number of prisoners? I agree with you there, given that the "land of the free" has more people in jail than anywhere else in the world. 

The problem with Americans is that you are loud-mouthed nationalist halfwits who can't win a war despite spending more on your military than the next 12 countries combined. That's quite a feat when you think about it. 

Sorry for getting off topic here but ive never seen anyone like you suck so much American di***. Its unreal. Get off the nuts
    Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @bjinthirty

The whole world laughs when the American military arrives as they get there b-tts kicked every time

Venezuela can't even afford toilet paper let alone any fire arms and Guatemala and Honduras falls within the same range so your reference is not relevant

What's that got to do with how peaceful a country is?

. The United States is a country with busy airports with migrants and refugees coming in every day. Diversity in the United States along with territory that shadows your homeland ofcourse there is to expect these problems.

What are you babbling about?

Not as perfect but very dependable in terms of feeling safe that a 911 call will bring you help unlike other countries.

" feeling safe" .....bwahahahahahahahaha , so safe you need armed guards in school to protect your kids, man oh man.

Yo u'd be stoopid to think that a country this size with its diversity in culture would be a peaceful one. But we are managing and improving on it.

But the top 20 most peaceful countries in the world have as much diversity and they manage it , the s-upid one's are Americans thinking more guns makes a society more peaceful 

We havent won any wars because there hasn't been any you downy f***. For the youngest nation to ever wield so much power, I think we are doing impressively better than assumed.

What you really mean there aren't any the US can win . You really are a prize moron would you like a history lesson in the amount of wars your piss poor military has been in?.

The US military is the only one in the world with capabilities to move military assets from point A to point B.

Wow ! America is the only military that has the ability to move assets between two points , seriously?  How's that possible has someone invented motor cars , planes and trucks?

no other nation has been close. So idk what you are talking about junior. Maybe you should hit the showers loser.

Come on cry baby  the only loser is you remember Vietnam where starving 6 stone weight rice farmers kicked you lot up and down the country?

Or Afghanistan where goat herders did the same and sent you cowardly f-cks back running to mama? 
    Nomenclature
  • @Dee
    Or Afghanistan where goat herders did the same and sent you cowardly f-cks back running to mama?
    "Dont you mean ISIS where goat herders (your words) and sent the American Armed Services back running to mama."
  • John_C_87John_C_87 Emerald Premium Member 865 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    The whole world laughs when the American military arrives as they get there b-tts kicked every time

This is the same world as united state which cannot understand a president of the United States of America does not exist when a United States Constitution does not exist. A world which proves itself just as inept as America or even more so as it is not better at fighting complex crimes of perjury?

Meanwhile the whole truth would be if the whole world is laughing it is laughing at American Armed Services and not Military.

What is the common defense toward general welfare used in the measuring of events needed to judge winning a war by the way?

@John_C_87
    Dont you mean ISIS 

ISIS began in Iraq, John. After the American military had turned the country into a medieval warzone.