Knowing Jesus is the only way to be saved. Change my mind. - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Knowing Jesus is the only way to be saved. Change my mind.
in Religion

By YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 57 Pts
Evidence
https://www.blueletterbible.org/ Feel free to click my signature for Bible study. That's what it's there for!

About Persuade Me

Persuaded Argument

• Mr_BombasticMr_Bombastic 58 Pts
    Winning Argument ✓
    @YeshuaBought
    Jesus said "I am the way the truth and the life. No man comes unto the  Father but by Me."
    Evidence

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• Polaris95Polaris95 47 Pts
    Two questions: 1. Saved from what, exactly? 2. Do you mean knowing Jesus personally, or knowing his teachings?
  • EvidenceEvidence 615 Pts
    @YeshuaBought - "Knowing Jesus is the only way to be saved"   I sure wouldn't want to change your mind about that.

The way I understand it is that Abraham believed in the "coming Savior", as we see it in:

Genesis 22:8 And Abraham said, “My son, God will provide for Himself the lamb for a burnt offering.” So the two of them went together.

The question is, which Jesus, or which Messiah/Savior was Abraham referring to? Is it the Jesus-sun-god that these two otherwise intelligent and wonderful "Christians" have been indoctrinated to believe, .. which as far as I can see from Scripture is none other than Lucifer, that serpent of old, the Devil?
    Or are they talking about; Gods Only Begotten son Word, the first, the beginning of all of Gods creation, as Jesus referred to himself: "Alpha and Omega" (ironically the name of the Ministry) ?

I was amazed at the knowledge and comprehension of the two Christian Debaters, yet how is it that after so many years of them reading the Bible, and even having been schooled on the Bible and now being Teachers and Ministers at such high level as Professors in this field, like James White author of over 20 books on the Bible including "The Forgotten Trinity", .. how could he so nonchalantly refer to Jesus as "God"!?

Thank you YeshuaBought, this is a good subject to debate because it includes; predestination, inclusivism, free will, Gods real purpose all of which I am still struggling to understand!?
    Is it my Christian upbringing, or has there been other verses added/deleted from Scripture that would explain it more clearly, or both?

God bless us with wisdom that comes from above!
  • Mr_BombasticMr_Bombastic 58 Pts
    edited July 11
    @Evidence

Regarding your comment about predestination, there is no such thing. Some people claim that predestination is real because God knows everything that will ever happened. This does not negate freedom of choice. It merely means that God knows what that choice will be.
    EvidenceØpål
  • @Polaris95 Saved fom eternal damnation. Jesus saved me spiritually and provided physical salvation as well. I was going to commit suicide when I was 15, but when Jesus saved me from my sins, I found hope in Him. He loves you, and was tortured to death on the cross to purchase salvation for you if you repent and cofess Him as risen Lord.
    Evidence
    https://www.blueletterbible.org/ Feel free to click my signature for Bible study. That's what it's there for!

@Evidence

Regarding your comment about predestination, there is no such thing. Some people claim that predestination is real because God knows everything that will ever happened. This does not negate freedom of choice. It merely means that God knows what that choice will be.
    @Mr_Bombastic Thank you, I too take the "freedom of choice" train of thought, my question to @YeshuaBought was regarding the Trinity, which Dr. James White is a big defender of. Can we trust a Christian who defends the Trinity, or the triune-gods ideology?

We know that the three-gods-in-one is the foundation of the RCC created Christian Religion, and we have, or should have learned from history just how wicked this organization was over the past 1,700 years, and who they truly worship.

Their knowledge of the Bible is impeccable, up to the point in defining God, His son Word, and the Holy Spirit. Let's look at these Christians symbolism and their hidden messages in their ministry, particularly hidden hand signs:

As above-so below

https://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Wicca & Witchcraft/signs_of_satan.htm

James White   time 8:06

Related image

James White  time 8:25 just before he says:"I believe the Bible, because the Bible teaches it" and then tells us what the Bible teaches.

Also he continues at time 10:03 again at time 11:30, .. 11:46-49, .. 

Image result for pic of as above so below hand sign

time 12:31 James White devil horns like;

just like in time 2:34 Kenneth Copeland
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 213 Pts
    @Polaris95 Saved fom eternal damnation. Jesus saved me spiritually and provided physical salvation as well. I was going to commit suicide when I was 15, but when Jesus saved me from my sins, I found hope in Him. He loves you, and was tortured to death on the cross to purchase salvation for you if you repent and cofess Him as risen Lord.
    Jesus saved you from committing suicide. What if I am not intending to commit suicide? What do I have to be saved from then? 

Next, you found emotional support in one particular religion - Christianity - with one particular exemplar of it - Jesus of Nazareth. Many people find emotional support in other religions (on the Middle East, for example, many find salvation in Mohammed; in Israel, in Abraham and Moses), philosophical teachings (Confucianism, Hedonism, Cynicism, Descartism, Nietzsche's teachings), subcultures (Emo, Goth, Hippie). I personally follow my own brand of philosophy I call optimism, where the presumption is that having positive outlook on things leads to the positive outcomes with regards to those things - without any teachers, I simply learn how to control and shape my thought processes in order to consistently feel happy, and I rely in this solely on myself and my brain.

The above demonstrates that knowing Jesus is far from the only way to be saved (from what, we still have not determined), albeit it is one of possible ways.
    MayCaesar said:
    @Polaris95 Saved fom eternal damnation. Jesus saved me spiritually and provided physical salvation as well. I was going to commit suicide when I was 15, but when Jesus saved me from my sins, I found hope in Him. He loves you, and was tortured to death on the cross to purchase salvation for you if you repent and cofess Him as risen Lord.
    Jesus saved you from committing suicide. What if I am not intending to commit suicide? What do I have to be saved from then? 

Next, you found emotional support in one particular religion - Christianity - with one particular exemplar of it - Jesus of Nazareth. Many people find emotional support in other religions (on the Middle East, for example, many find salvation in Mohammed; in Israel, in Abraham and Moses), philosophical teachings (Confucianism, Hedonism, Cynicism, Descartism, Nietzsche's teachings), subcultures (Emo, Goth, Hippie). I personally follow my own brand of philosophy I call optimism, where the presumption is that having positive outlook on things leads to the positive outcomes with regards to those things - without any teachers, I simply learn how to control and shape my thought processes in order to consistently feel happy, and I rely in this solely on myself and my brain.

The above demonstrates that knowing Jesus is far from the only way to be saved (from what, we still have not determined), albeit it is one of possible ways.
    @MayCaesar said: The above demonstrates that knowing Jesus is far from the only way to be saved (from what, we still have not determined), albeit it is one of possible ways.

Take any of the above Religions and show how one is saved, let's start with the RCC/Constantine created Christianity's Jesus the sun-god, who is claimed to be the Godhead of the three-gods as one?

Image result for pic of catholic sun worship Related imageImage result for pic of catholic sun worshipRelated image

Ask yourself: Who do you put your Faith in? We see "father", holy spirit, son, who is the god in the middle?

Related image Related image

Image result for pic of catholic sun worship

Then we can go on to Islam's Crescent Moon

Image result for pic of Islams crescent moon worship
    Related image

Image result for pic of Islams crescent moon worship   Related image

then to Israel's Star of David's version of Abraham and Moses:

SoD as above so below collage1

85378-33tg2on2e3z6vj2ozq4ynw2v7ac0yyh7

Related image

Related image

All these Religions, Christianity's sun-god, Islam's moon-god, Israel's star of David, Hinduism, all the ancient Egyptian gods, Buddhism, .. all are related, so please my friends, let's not conflate these Religions with Jesus teachings found only in the Bible.

Image result for PIC jACK IN THE BOX THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX/RELIGION and Read the Bible as if for the first time!

WordsMatter
  • Jesus saved me from my sins.
    Evidence

• @MayCaesar I tend to agree with you. Personally I find Buddhism to be the most enlightening religion, guiding me on how to be both kind and at peace on this Earth. I feel I don't have enough information to confirm or deny the existence of a god, or particularly a specific god. I feel if I was born in Iran for example, I would have been raised Muslim, and that choice wouldn't have been my own. This is why I don't identify with Christianity even though I was raised that way. However, if there is a god, I feel as long as I am good and kind to others I don't understand why I wouldn't be accepted into a positive afterlife. If I cured cancer and have away the cure for free, but didn't explicitly say Jesus is the true Lord, would god really be just in condemning me to hell for all eternity?
  • @Evidence Wow, so many strawmans. You have not changed my mind. I am not a egging pagan, I belong to the one true God eternally existant in 3 Persons. Here is some evidence. 

@Evidence Wow, so many strawmans. You have not changed my mind. I am not a egging pagan, I belong to the one true God eternally existant in 3 Persons. Here is some evidence. 

@YeshuaBought ;
    That's fine, so far I have not found one Christian who would, or could give up their Religion and the three gods that they worship. I have shown you evidence after evidence, all backed up from the Bible, and then you give me this video?

This is about as bad as my, ..  used to be favorite Pastor Adrian Rogers, who, me and my family were watching one Sunday morning, when he was asked if he could help the younger generation understand the Trinity Doctrine. As he finished up his sermon, he came to the time when he was to open the younger member understanding on this important subject. He said:
    This was Adrian Rogers on TV - (sometime around 2010)

"On the Trinity, .. this is what I have to say;
    Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
    Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
    All the king’s horses and all the king’s men
    Couldn’t put Humpty together again, .. now this speaks for me!"

And the audience cheered, the Lord is my witness the whole congregation applauded and clapped.

I have been looking for that Sunday sermon for years, but just cant find it on YouTube, or on the Love-Worth-Finding web sight.
    Or, I don't know, do you think that was a good explanation on the Trinity for the younger generation by Pastor Adrian?

Anyways, I already explained most of the false claims in this video, including the scripture verse that was added by the Vatican the three that bear witness; the father, the son and the spirit, but I know, the Trinity is just like the Flat Earth for 99.5% of Christians, it goes in one ear, and comes out the other, and from my observation, it's not really intentional, it's just that the Spirit of Truth is just not present to make that person listen. They see my lips move, they can read my writing, but something like a veil is over their ears and eyes. And to tell you the truth, only God can lift that veil.

Mathew 13:9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

But you know what, take a few points made in the video, and tell me the times and I will answer them from the Bible, if you truly are interested to know if this Doctrine is Biblical or not> But if you are like this YouTube Minister who has about 1,000 videos of debates, the president of CAnswersTV Larry Wessel who after 3 hours of debate admitted that everything I sad was Biblical, that he can't really disagree with my understanding of Jesus and his relation to God the Father.

So after showing him the house, thinking he may have changed his mind, and as he was ready to leave I asked him straight out: "So are you going to denounce this three in one gods doctrine?" and this was his answer:

He smiled, then looked up to the ceiling and said: "Even if God Himself came down and told me to leave the Trinity, I would refuse!"
    Right after he said this, he gasped, and tried to explain: "I know how bad that sounded, .. but, .. look I don't want to talk about this anymore"
    I asked if he wanted to do an official TV live debate some time with me on this subject? And he said no, and that it is unlikely if we would ever meet again.

Here is his YouTube channel:

He has over a thousand debates with just about every religion; Mormon, Muslim, JW's 7DA, Hindus, Buddhists, on college campuses regarding atheism, .. everything, yet he refused to have a debate with me on the Trinity??

That makes about hundred for me, including a lot of TV ministers. What is it that like this guy Larry Wessel who debated Muslims on College Campuses, creating some angry Muslims, and yet act so scared to debate me?