frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Should Evolution be taught in schools?

1235»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @BrandyKnight

You say ...... However, that in no way can be used to deny that there was possibly a creator.

My reply .....Evolution is not concerned with proving a creator or disproving a creator , if Evolution were somehow proven to be wrong it still does not mean there’s a creator or make the case for one any stronger , Evolution is fact belief in a god is based on spiritual conviction and nothing else 

Plaffelvohfen
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
    @BrandyKnight

A fairy tale is something that has no basis in reality. A scientific theory is something that rigorously describes reality. 

What do you think is the Evolution theory built upon, if not facts? The fact that we do not know everything there is to know about history of life on Earth does not mean that we cannot know enough to be able to reconstruct a lot of aspects of that history with high confidence.

Religion, on the other hand, is a product of folklore. Folklore may be lousily based on a gross misinterpretation of some events that took place a long time ago, but it certainly is not based on facts and their logical consequences.

I am not sure how you can compare a well developed scientific history with claims from a random book written thousands years ago and see them as equal.
  • BrandyKnightBrandyKnight 62 Pts   -  
     @Dee ;

Evolutionists are absolutely concerned with trying to figure out the origin of life. They have to. Evolution itself focuses on human and animal changes through the years, much based on natural selection. Without being able to offer where the first "evolution" took place, you absolutely cannot call the theory of evolution a fact in the sense that you are comparing it to creationism. Creationists can answer both the how, and the why. Science can't yet. They have hypothesis but no agreed upon theory. Creationists also have historical documents, including secular documents confirming that Jesus Christ did exist. Those scrolls and books are not only witness statements but they include hundreds of accounts of witnesses through different time periods who never met each other. Evolutionists have nothing like that. They have science studies that prove people change and animals change but not why or how. While the witness writings can be considered circumstantial, the accounts are there. 

I am not arguing that their is a creator or not in this thread. I am merely pointing out that your chosen theory is not better than the other. Creationism and evolution can go hand in hand, but the theory of evolution cannot stand completely on its own. Again, creation is the base word of creationism. Evolution has nothing to offer on the origin of life. The two cannot be logically compared and it certainly has not disproved the creationist theory. 

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @BrandyKnight

You say .....Evolutionists are absolutely concerned with trying to figure out the origin of life. They have to**

My reply .....They have to? Evolution is change in the heritable characteristics of biological populations over successive generations

You say ....... Evolution itself focuses on human and animal changes through the years, much based on natural selection. 

My reply .....correct 

You say .....Without being able to offer where the first "evolution" took place, you absolutely cannot call the theory of evolution a fact in the sense that you are comparing it to creationism. 

My reply ......I’m not and neither are supporters of Evolution trying to “ offer where the first Evolution took place “ and I’m certainly not , nor have compared it to creationism , nor am I trying , but yet you are and accuse me of what you’re doing 

Evolution is fact 

You say .....Creationists can answer both the how, and the why. 

My reply .....They cannot , they can only speculate and that’s based on spiritual conviction and nothing else 

You say ......Science can't yet

My reply .....But you’re the only one talking about creationism , I’m talking about Evolution which is not interested in proving a creator 

You say.....They have hypothesis but no agreed upon theory. 

My reply .....Who are you talking about now?

You say .....Creationists also have historical documents, including secular documents confirming that Jesus Christ did exist. 

My reply .....I’m an atheist I accept Jesus existed most credible academics and historians agree but they do not accept a miracle working resurrected messiah but a mere man like me and others 

You say ......Those scrolls and books are not only witness statements but they include hundreds of accounts of witnesses through different time periods who never met each other. 

My reply ....... How many scrolls exist that claim they witnessed a miracle by Jesus or a resurrected Jesus?

You say ......Evolutionists have nothing like that. 

My reply ......Why would “Evolutionists “ need scrolls of “eye witness accounts “when they have fact on their side?

You say .....They have science studies that prove people change and animals change but not why or how. 

My reply .....You’re not listening are you?

You say ......While the witness writings can be considered circumstantial, the accounts are there. 

My reply. ........So are the accounts of Mohammad ascending to heaven on a yellow horse equally valid? If not why not?

You say .....I am not arguing that their is a creator or not in this thread. 

My reply .....Your whole thread so far has been that 

You say  .....I am merely pointing out that your chosen theory is not better than the other. 

My reply ....Chosen theory ? Did you not note the debate title? Its not “My theory “ 

Evolution is fact get over it 

You say ....Creationism and evolution can go hand in hand, but the theory of evolution cannot stand completely on its own. 

My reply .....Evolution stands on its own as fact 

You say .....Again, creation is the base word of creationism. Evolution has nothing to offer on the origin of life. 

My reply .....You’re the one who keeps banging this drum not I 

You say .....The two cannot be logically compared and it certainly has not disproved the creationist theory. 

My reply ...You’re the only one comparing not I and again Evolution is not concerned with disproving nonsense  

• Bringing the topic back on point the idea that one believes a subject to be a belief, myth or theory are not good enough grounds to support the idea that it shouldn't be taught in schools. By the same token, one could argue that religion shouldn't be taught in schools because it rests on supernatural premises. 

Furthermore, from what I remember at school is that both science and religion were never preached but were taught.  Education should be about broadening horizons and encouraging students to think critically and make decisions for themselves; nothing should be preached; that's my position. 

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

But the debate is “ Should Evolution be taught in schools “ any school that does not teach Evolution is not worthy of the title school as it’s refusing to teach what is fact 
    Zombieguy1987
    @MayCaesar ;A fairy tale is something that has no basis in reality. A scientific theory is something that rigorously describes reality. 

What do you think is the Evolution theory built upon, if not facts? The fact that we do not know everything there is to know about history of life on Earth does not mean that we cannot know enough to be able to reconstruct a lot of aspects of that history with high confidence.

Religion, on the other hand, is a product of folklore. Folklore may be lousily based on a gross misinterpretation of some events that took place a long time ago, but it certainly is not based on facts and their logical consequences.

I am not sure how you can compare a well developed scientific history with claims from a random book written thousands years ago and see them as equal

fairy tale is something that has no basis in reality.

. Agreed. A fairy tale is pure fiction made up for children. 

A scientific theory is something that rigorously describes reality. 
    -Disagree, Scientific theory is the best explanation given based on studies of basic facts. Basically, it is observation and explanation. 

-The Theory of evolution is based on observation and explanation . 
     - The fact that no one knows everything about the history of life on earth  means that any explanations based on the same facts cannot be dismissed as false whether you personally want them to be or not. 

Religion, on the other hand, is a product of folklore. Folklore may be lousily based on a gross misinterpretation of some events that took place a long time ago, but it certainly is not based on facts and their logical consequences

- We are not discussing religion, we are discussing creationism and evolution. A person does not have to have "religion" because the facts he sees and studies leads him to the theory of a single creator of the universe. 

Folklore may be lousily based on a gross misinterpretation of some events that took place a long time ago, but it certainly is not based on facts and their logical consequences.

- The word "misinterpretation" as you use it here suggests that there is only one way to interpret facts and that is the way that you personally interpret them which is complete opinion. And, therein lies your problem. Everyone can have the same facts and interpret them differently. Oral transmission, oral tradition and folklore cannot be completely dismissed historically because many people did not have the tools needed for documentation. 

I am not sure how you can compare a well developed scientific history with claims from a random book written thousands years ago and see them as equal

-That is your opinion. And the Bible is many things to many different people, depending on the person studying it. It is not a book, it is a compilation of books. And the information is not limited to the Bible itself, as not all of the original documents or writings were included, but still exist. 

At the end of the day, here is my point. Darwin himself did not even offer a theory of creation or completely dismiss the possibility of a single creator. You personally liken that to a religion, but it does not have to be religiously associated. Christians believe based on their religion, but not everyone is a Christian and have still determined that they cannot dismiss the possibility of a single creator using the exact same "facts" that evolutionists believe. Therefore, one cannot use science to disprove the possibility of creation. Apples and oranges. 

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @BrandyKnight
    At the end of the day, here is my point. Darwin himself did not even offer a theory of creation or completely dismiss the possibility of a single creator.
    Of course he didn't, Evolution doesn't concern itself with "creation of life", just with how living organism change over time... Have a go at abiogenesis if you want to tackle creation issues... 

ZeusAres42
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "

• But the debate is “ Should Evolution be taught in schools “ any school that does not teach Evolution is not worthy of the title school as it’s refusing to teach what is fact 

While I think teaching false information is indeed wrong of any school to do I am not so sure that the teaching of something should rest merely on the premise that it is based on fact.

Nonetheless, evolution is such a rock-solid concept that enlightens us and tells us so much about ourselves and the world that it is not something that should not be taken lightly or ignored.  Therefore, I say evolution should continue to be taught in schools and I am pleased that the majority of people in most westernized countries no longer dispute this. 

Plaffelvohfen

@Plaffelvohfen ; My response was to the conversations concerning those who are comparing one to another. That was my point. They do not address the same issue and one cannot be used to claim that the other is without some merit. 
    There should not be a problem teaching how things evolve and change over time. This should be taught. What should not be discussed, except in the form of different hypothesis, is how life began. I think people get the two confused and one has nothing to do with the other. We absolutely need to be teaching what we know. 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

You say ......While I think teaching false information is indeed wrong of any school to do I am not so sure that the teaching of something should rest merely on the premise that it is based on fact. 

My reply ......I agree but in such cases honesty should prevail something that is faith based  or not  fact based should at least be presented to students as such
    ZeusAres42

• My reply ......I agree but in such cases honesty should prevail something that is faith based  or not  fact based should at least be presented to students as such

This is in agreement with what I said later in my last post:

Evolution is such a rock-solid concept that enlightens us and tells us so much about ourselves and the world that it is not something that should not be taken lightly or ignoredTherefore, I say evolution should continue to be taught in schools and I am pleased that the majority of people in most westernized countries no longer dispute this. 

DeeZombieguy1987

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

You stated .....I am not so sure that the teaching of something should rest merely on the premise that it is based on fact. 

My reply .....Thank you for that , yes I’ve no problem with that Z , my broader point was that if something is being taught that is not based on fact it needs to be presented as such , religion is taught as “fact” which is based on nothing but spiritual conviction 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • MikeMike 97 Pts   -  

Those who support and understand “unalienable Rights,” are those who embrace evolution! The science of rights:

https://www.academia.edu/37021128/Scientific_Proof_of_Our_Unalienable_Rights
  • BenShapirosCousinBenShapirosCousin 48 Pts   -  
    Dee said:
    @BenShapirosCousin

Its not irrelevant as I’m pointing out yet another one of your lies , let’s revisit .......

You say ......You literally just said that by clicking the link and going to another site I'm not going to another site, like what??? 

My reply ......Here is what you actually said you ........I would like to debate here, not on a site with someone that is acting as *your big brother*

My reply .....But again you’re lying as you said I’m sending you to another site to debate there against “ big brother “ so why are you lying .....again?

You’re not very good at trolling but you do excel at being an .....what? .....you’re welcome 

I actually said both of those things! Yay!! 

Anyone who thinks I am an or troll can go look at how I absolutely demolished you in the abortion debate. 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @BenShapirosCousin

You say .....Anyone who thinks I am an or troll can go look at how I absolutely demolished you in the abortion debate. 

My reply ......You are a troll as your whole abortion argument is simply “ abortion is wrong because I said so ,and it’s murder because I said so , and a fetus is the very same as someone in a coma “ ......I’m still laughing.

Your idiocy is a given as you never even attempted to debate Evolution as you used your usual tactic by telling everyone “well you’re all wrong because I say so “.

You then like the dummy you are denied abortion was in the Bible even though abortion is in .....the Bible .....you’re an  
    Plaffelvohfen
    Dee said:
    @BenShapirosCousin

You say .....Anyone who thinks I am an or troll can go look at how I absolutely demolished you in the abortion debate. 

My reply ......You are a troll as your whole abortion argument is simply “ abortion is wrong because I said so ,and it’s murder because I said so , and a fetus is the very same as someone in a coma “ ......I’m still laughing.

Your idiocy is a given as you never even attempted to debate Evolution as you used your usual tactic by telling everyone “well you’re all wrong because I say so “.

You are a troll as your whole abortion argument is simply “ abortion is wrong because I said so ,and it’s murder because I said so , and a fetus is the very same as someone in a coma “ ......I’m still laughing.
    You say: You are a troll as your whole abortion argument is simply “ abortion is wrong because I said so ,and it’s murder because I said so , and a fetus is the very same as someone in a coma “ ......I’m still laughing.
    You are a troll as your whole abortion argument is simply “ abortion is wrong because I said so ,and it’s murder because I said so , and a fetus is the very same as someone in a coma “ ......I’m still laughing.

My reply: LOLOLOLOLOLOL XDXDXDXDXD Your inability to understand logical reasoning is hilarious. I have finally confirmed your tactic, call everyone else a troll, and use the method of personal attacking all of your opponents, to hide the fact that you are the true troll!!! 

You say: You then like the dummy you are denied abortion was in the Bible even though abortion is in .....the Bible .....you’re an  

My reply: It's hilarious because again you refuse to see reason. You interpret the Bible in a completely mislead and sad way that shows that you definitely need Jesus, but that's a whole other debate. all you got are personal attacks, that I have lost count of the number of because there are so many, and trolling tactics. GG's you are a seasoned troll. >claps< 
    Zombieguy1987
    @Mike Completely inaccurate. List some evidence kid. 
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @BenShapirosCousin ;
    Anyone who thinks I am an or troll can go look at how I absolutely demolished you in the abortion debate. 
    LOL  Yeah sure... 

Zombieguy1987Dee
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -   edited May 2019
    @BrandyKnight

No, science is not just observation and explanation. You forgot the most important part: experiment. Anyone can observe something and come up with a random explanation that does not contradict the observation. Coming up with explanation that can be replicated in the experiment, however, is a much trickier act, and that is why only a small minority of people become scientists: the rigor and the intellectual strain required to become a specialist in a scientific field is not for everyone.

The claim that our Universe was created by an intelligent being is not necessarily false, but it is in a list of the infinite number of similarly unprovable and undisprovable claims, hence there is absolutely no reason to take it seriously. The Big Bang theory, on the other hand, is based on an overwhelming amount of evidence and experimentation, and equating it to religion makes no sense.

You are right that there can be many theories explaining the same thing. You are wrong in implying that all of those theories are equally reasonable, however. There can be infinity of theories that are scientifically coherent, but there can also be infinity of theories that are not, and creationism (or, at least, every single version of it I am familiar with) is one of them.
    Plaffelvohfen
  • Evolution is backed up by research that is based on empirical and objective evidence. It is an irrefutable and indisputable fact in much the same way as it is that the earth orbits the Sun! No reputable Scientists ever questions or disputes anymore either. 

The only people that dispute this these days are morons and/or those so emotionally attached to their religious beliefs as well as those that are so egotistical that they are definitely not grounded in reality! 

"It's also futile trying to reason a person out of a position they never even reasoned themselves into in the first place" - Ben Goldacre - Bad Science.
    Plaffelvohfen

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited May 2019
    @BenShapirosCousin

You say ......

My reply: LOLOLOLOLOLOL XDXDXDXDXD Your inability to understand logical reasoning is hilarious. I have finally confirmed your tactic, call everyone else a troll, and use the method of personal attacking all of your opponents, to hide the fact that you are the true troll!!! 

My reply .....Logical reasoning to you is figuring out which type or crayons you need for your next coloring book “project” 

The whole site has witnessed your trolling so at least own it , you haven’t even attempted debate yet 

You say .....It's hilarious because again you refuse to see reason.

My reply .....You’re right , how can I see what you never present?

You say .......You interpret the Bible in a completely mislead and sad way that shows that you definitely need Jesus, but that's a whole other debate

My reply .....But you said abortion wasn’t in the Bible?  So how am I interpreting it wrong and which verse as I haven’t presented one yet?  You really are dumb aren’t you? 

Regards Jesus I think you need him more than me but you might have a long wait he’s apparently a bit shy at showing up 

.You say ...... all you got are personal attacks, that I have lost count of the number of because there are so many, and trolling tactics. GG's you are a seasoned troll. >claps< 

My reply .....You really need to work on your trolling 
  • I think some people of the Scientific Illiterate community tend to confuse (either intentionally or unintentionally) "Scientific Theory" with the everyday casual use the term "Theory" when in actuality the two things are poles apart from one another.
    In everyday language a theory means a hunch or speculation. ... In science, the word theory refers to a comprehensive explanation of an important feature of nature supported by facts gathered over time. Theories also allow scientists to make predictions about as yet unobserved phenomena".

https://oregonstate.edu/instruction/bb317/scientifictheories.html

• IdolRocksIdolRocks 64 Pts   -  
    @Plaffelvohfen ;Understanding evolution is critical to educating the next generation of scientists, to give them the tools to develop novel treatments against antibiotic resistant bacteria, emerging viruses, and other deadly microbes. They need to understand how these microbes develop and change, which requires an understanding of evolution.

No, it does not require an understanding of Evolution.

The Antibiotic Resistance is not evidence for Evolution. 

https://creation.com/evolution-and-medicine

https://creation.com/antibiotic-resistance-not-evolution-in-action

https://answersingenesis.org/theory-of-evolution/evolution-least-important-topic-in-medicine/

https://answersingenesis.org/what-is-science/evolution-wont-heal/

http://www.scienceagainstevolution.org/v18i6f.htm

http://www.scienceagainstevolution.org/v16i2n1.htm

http://www.scienceagainstevolution.org/v6i7e.htm

@Plaffelvohfen Says the one who lost to me thrice as hard. >Rolls eyes< 
    Dee said:
    @BenShapirosCousin

You say ......

My reply .....Logical reasoning to you is figuring out which type or crayons you need for your next coloring book “project” 

The whole site has witnessed your trolling so at least own it , you haven’t even attempted debate yet 

You say .....It's hilarious because again you refuse to see reason.

My reply .....You’re right , how can I see what you never present?

You say .......You interpret the Bible in a completely mislead and sad way that shows that you definitely need Jesus, but that's a whole other debate

My reply .....But you said abortion wasn’t in the Bible?  So how am I interpreting it wrong and which verse as I haven’t presented one yet?  You really are dumb aren’t you? 

Regards Jesus I think you need him more than me but you might have a long wait he’s apparently a bit shy at showing up 

.You say ...... all you got are personal attacks, that I have lost count of the number of because there are so many, and trolling tactics. GG's you are a seasoned troll. >claps< 

My reply .....You really need to work on your trolling 
    You say: Logical reasoning to you is figuring out which type or crayons you need for your next coloring book “project” 

My reply: Personal attack number.... oh whoops! I've lost count! Somewhere in the 50s or 60s. 

You say: You’re right , how can I see what you never present?

My reply: I have presented plenty such as the Rapid Decay Theory, the Rapid Decay Theory is a method of measuring the age of the Earth's magnetic field. It has been 100% accurate at every estimate, thing is the Earth would most likely have to be under ten thousand years old. The whole *process of Evolution* would not have time to have been what happened in even under one-hundred thousand years let alone ten thousand. 

You say: But you said abortion wasn’t in the Bible?  So how am I interpreting it wrong and which verse as I haven’t presented one yet?  You really are dumb aren’t you? 

My reply: I never said abortion was not in the Bible, although it is not, I specifically said that there is nothing in the Bible that even gets close to saying that God supports abortion. 

You say: Regards Jesus I think you need him more than me but you might have a long wait he’s apparently a bit shy at showing up 

My reply: Did your mother or daughter or sibling die or something to make you so mad at God? 

You say: You really need to work on your trolling 

My reply: Give me an example of me trolling a single time. 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @BenShapirosCousin

You say : Personal attack number.... oh whoops! I've lost count! Somewhere in the 50s or 60s. 

My reply .....You’re right , I should apologise to special needs kids everywhere as they might be offended to be associated with you 

You say ......I have presented plenty such as the Rapid Decay Theory, the Rapid Decay Theory is a method of measuring the age of the Earth's magnetic field. It has been 100% accurate at every estimate, thing is the Earth would most likely have to be under ten thousand years old. The whole *process of Evolution* would not have time to have been what happened in even under one-hundred thousand years let alone ten thousand. 

My reply.....That’s your first time presenting anything and when you do it’s pure nonsense , if what you say is true why not claim a Nobel prize for your “ theory “?

You say : I never said abortion was not in the Bible, although it is not, I specifically said that there is nothing in the Bible that even gets close to saying that God supports abortion. 

My reply .....You did , and here you are saying it again as in “it’s not” are you really this ?

Numbers 31:17 (Moses) “Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every women that hath known man by lying with him.”In other words: women that might be pregnant, which clearly is abortion for the fetus.

Hosea 13:16 God promises to dash to pieces the infants of Samaria and the “their women with child shall be ripped up”.  Once again this god kills the unborn, including their pregnant mothers.

2 Kings 15:16 God allows the pregnant women of Tappuah (aka Tiphsah) to be “ripped open”.And the Christians have the audacity to say god is pro-life. How and the hell is it that Christians can read passages where God allows pregnant women to be murdered, yet still claim abortion is wrong?

You’re beaten  yet again buddy 

You say .....Did your mother or daughter or sibling die or something to make you so mad at God? 

My reply .....I don’t believe in a god you’re the one who believes in a water walking resurrected Zombie ,why do you not believe in Allah are you mad at him over 9/11? 

You say : Give me an example of me trolling a single time. 

My reply .....Oh come on troll you want me to prove want you are ......own it buddy

Dee said:
    @BenShapirosCousin

You say : Personal attack number.... oh whoops! I've lost count! Somewhere in the 50s or 60s. 

My reply .....You’re right , I should apologise to special needs kids everywhere as they might be offended to be associated with you 

You say ......I have presented plenty such as the Rapid Decay Theory, the Rapid Decay Theory is a method of measuring the age of the Earth's magnetic field. It has been 100% accurate at every estimate, thing is the Earth would most likely have to be under ten thousand years old. The whole *process of Evolution* would not have time to have been what happened in even under one-hundred thousand years let alone ten thousand. 

My reply.....That’s your first time presenting anything and when you do it’s pure nonsense , if what you say is true why not claim a Nobel prize for your “ theory “?

You say : I never said abortion was not in the Bible, although it is not, I specifically said that there is nothing in the Bible that even gets close to saying that God supports abortion. 

My reply .....You did , and here you are saying it again as in “it’s not” are you really this ?

Numbers 31:17 (Moses) “Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every women that hath known man by lying with him.”In other words: women that might be pregnant, which clearly is abortion for the fetus.

Hosea 13:16 God promises to dash to pieces the infants of Samaria and the “their women with child shall be ripped up”.  Once again this god kills the unborn, including their pregnant mothers.

2 Kings 15:16 God allows the pregnant women of Tappuah (aka Tiphsah) to be “ripped open”.And the Christians have the audacity to say god is pro-life. How and the hell is it that Christians can read passages where God allows pregnant women to be murdered, yet still claim abortion is wrong?

You say .....Did your mother or daughter or sibling die or something to make you so mad at God? 

My reply .....I don’t believe in a god you’re the one who believes in a water walking resurrected Zombie ,why do you not believe in Allah are you mad at him over 9/11? 

You say : Give me an example of me trolling a single time. 

My reply .....Oh come on troll you want me to prove want you are ......own it buddy

You say: You’re right , I should apologise to special needs kids everywhere as they might be offended to be associated with you 

My reply: Red Herring number..... 11? I believe. 

You say: That’s your first time presenting anything and when you do it’s pure nonsense , if what you say is true why not claim a Nobel prize for your “ theory “?

My reply: Are you legitimately ? Like I am being serious, actually serious. Not every theory you believe has to be your own, and you also provided no counter-evidence you just claimed it as nonsense which, oh yes, is another re-direction for you not having any evidence against this. 

You say: You did , and here you are saying it again as in “it’s not” are you really this ?

My reply: When did I? Another mis-interpretation, what the true meaning is: Any adultress should be put to death. How in the world did you get, "Abort the fetus" from that. Seems you're making the Bible what you want it to be and taking everything out of context. 

You say: Hosea 13:16 God promises to dash to pieces the infants of Samaria and the “their women with child shall be ripped up”.  Once again this god kills the unborn, including their pregnant mothers.

My reply: We've been over this stop bringing up things that have already been refuted my word. The young children and the pregnant women will be killed. That's all. Not abortion, the mother and the child. Which you say it is not a child so why are you even using this as a relevant document if you don't agree with it? 

You say: 2 Kings 15:16 God allows the pregnant women of Tappuah (aka Tiphsah) to be “ripped open”.And the Christians have the audacity to say god is pro-life. How and the hell is it that Christians can read passages where God allows pregnant women to be murdered, yet still claim abortion is wrong?

My reply: He killed horrific sinners, he did not commit abortion, how do you interpret the Bible like this ? It doesn't even seem like that's what it means. "You're beaten yet again buddy!" 

You say: I don’t believe in a god you’re the one who believes in a water walking resurrected Zombie ,why do you not believe in Allah are you mad at him over 9/11? 

My reply: Completely irrelevant, also Allah is a fictional character. Let's get back to reality kid. 

You say: Oh come on troll you want me to prove want you are ......own it buddy

My reply: You have been the only one to troll here, I would honestly like to have an actual discussion, but you keep personal attacking, going off on irrelevant tangents, and you can not have a debate when you are a troll so if that's all your going to do then please leave. 

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @BenShapirosCousin

You say : Red Herring number..... 11? I believe. 

My reply .....No , I think you’ve more than that at this stage 

You say .......Are you legitimately ? 

My reply .....No , but you certainly are you believe the Earth is 10,000 years old 

You say .....Like I am being serious, actually serious

My reply .....I know how tragic 

You say .....

Not every theory you believe has to be your own, 

My reply ......Why how many have you had peer reviewed so far?

You say .....and you also provided no counter-evidence you just claimed it as nonsense which, 

My reply .....Read a real science book kids of 10 know this stuff over here 

You say .....oh yes, is another re-direction for you not having any evidence against this. 

My reply .....No evidence against the opinions of religious nuts , now that’s funny 

You say ......When did I? 

My reply .....Here you go again you dummy your exact words .....I never said abortion was not in the Bible, although it is not ......bet you will still deny it like the lying dummy you are 

You say .....Another mis-interpretation, what the true meaning is: Any adultress should be put to death. How in the world did you get, "Abort the fetus" from that. Seems you're making the Bible what you want it to be and taking everything out of context. 

My reply .....Re read what I actually said regarding this verse Doofus 

You say: We've been over this stop bringing up things that have already been refuted my word. The young children and the pregnant women will be killed. That's all. Not abortion, the mother and the child. Which you say it is not a child so why are you even using this as a relevant document if you don't agree with it? 

My reply ......Re read what I actually said regarding this verse Doofus 

You say .....He killed horrific sinners, he did not commit abortion, how do you interpret the Bible like this ? It doesn't even seem like that's what it means. "

My reply .....so ripped open women babies taken out and dashed against rocks is not abortion ? My word you’re possibly the stupidest individual I’ve ever encountered do you know what abortion is Doofus?

You say ....Completely irrelevant, 

My reply .....no defense, what a ....Surprise 

You say .....also Allah is a fictional character. 

My reply .....Something he has in common with your god 

You say .....Let's get back to reality kid. 

My reply .....You don’t know what reality is you think Jesus resurrected you believe in ....

You say......You have been the only one to troll here, I would honestly like to have an actual discussion, but you keep personal attacking, going off on irrelevant tangents, and you can not have a debate when you are a troll so if that's all your going to do then please leave. 

My reply.....You’ve done nothing but troll since you came here you clown , you’re dismissed 

Dee said:
    @BenShapirosCousin

You say : Red Herring number..... 11? I believe. 

My reply .....No , I think you’ve more than that at this stage 

You say .......Are you legitimately ? 

My reply .....

You say .....Like I am being serious, actually serious

My reply .....I know how tragic 

You say .....

Not every theory you believe has to be your own, 

My reply ......Why how many have you had peer reviewed so far?

You say .....and you also provided no counter-evidence you just claimed it as nonsense which, 

My reply .....Read a real science book kids of 10 know this stuff over here 

You say .....oh yes, is another re-direction for you not having any evidence against this. 

My reply .....No evidence against the opinions of religious nuts , now that’s funny 

You say ......When did I? 

My reply .....Here you go again you dummy your exact words .....I never said abortion was not in the Bible, although it is not ......bet you will still deny it like the lying dummy you are 

You say .....Another mis-interpretation, what the true meaning is: Any adultress should be put to death. How in the world did you get, "Abort the fetus" from that. Seems you're making the Bible what you want it to be and taking everything out of context. 

My reply .....Re read what I actually said regarding this verse Doofus 

You say: We've been over this stop bringing up things that have already been refuted my word. The young children and the pregnant women will be killed. That's all. Not abortion, the mother and the child. Which you say it is not a child so why are you even using this as a relevant document if you don't agree with it? 

My reply ......Re read what I actually said regarding this verse Doofus 

You say .....He killed horrific sinners, he did not commit abortion, how do you interpret the Bible like this ? It doesn't even seem like that's what it means. "

My reply .....so ripped open women babies taken out and dashed against rocks is not abortion ? My word you’re possibly the stupidest individual I’ve ever encountered do you know what abortion is Doofus?

You say ....Completely irrelevant, 

My reply .....no defense, what a ....Surprise 

You say .....also Allah is a fictional character. 

My reply .....Something he has in common with your god 

You say .....Let's get back to reality kid. 

My reply .....You don’t know what reality is you think Jesus resurrected you believe in ....

You say......You have been the only one to troll here, I would honestly like to have an actual discussion, but you keep personal attacking, going off on irrelevant tangents, and you can not have a debate when you are a troll so if that's all your going to do then please leave. 

My reply.....You’ve done nothing but troll since you came here you clown , you’re dismissed 

You say: No , I think you’ve more than that at this stage 

My reply: I was talking about you, number 12 by the way. 

You say: No , but you certainly are you believe the Earth is 10,000 years old 

My reply: For evidence I have listed, that you have yet to refute actually. So refute it, bet you can't. That's why you have so many Red Herrings and Personal Attacks in your "arguments" or *blabbering* however you like it said. 

You say: I know how tragic 

My reply: >Facepalm< You definitely are. 

You say: Why how many have you had peer reviewed so far?

My reply: All of them that I have listed. 

You say: Read a real science book kids of 10 know this stuff over here 

My reply: Well you must not have reached the age yet because you have yet to refute it. 

You say: No evidence against the opinions of religious nuts , now that’s funny 

My reply: The validity of evidence I list is completely separate to the fact of being a religious nut. Thanks for the complement btw you Evolutionistic maniac! 

You say: Here you go again you dummy your exact words .....I never said abortion was not in the Bible, although it is not ......bet you will still deny it like the lying dummy you are 

My reply: It isn't, and yeah that's exactly what I meant. Abortion is not in the Bible! Also it was a question not a denial. "Beaten yet again buddy ;)

You say: Re read what I actually said regarding this verse Doofus /// Twice <<< 

My reply: Ok? Already refuted re-read what I said. (See how polite I'm being compared to you Mr. Troll? Probably not, cause you the biggest troll I know) 

You say: so ripped open women babies taken out and dashed against rocks is not abortion ? My word you’re possibly the stupidest individual I’ve ever encountered do you know what abortion is Doofus?

My reply: Personal attack number 47. >Shrugs< Will you ever learn..? Nah. Also send me where it says the babies are dashed on rocks, or that they take the baby out of the mother. KJV let's go , you can't. Cause it doesn't kid. 

You say: no defense, what a ....Surprise 

My reply: Did you have some pages ripped out of your fifth grade grammar book? What you said is irrelevant, and no defense, are two completely differently worded sets of words. 

You say: Something he has in common with your god 

My reply: We are talking about *whether Evolution should be taught int schools* or not. This has nothing to do with abortion, or any god's/God. 

You say: You don’t know what reality is you think Jesus resurrected you believe in ....

My reply: Stop with all the irrelevant crap. 

You say: You’ve done nothing but troll since you came here you clown , you’re dismissed 

My reply: Still can't tell me when I did XD you're getting old kid. Also, where would I be dismissed to might I ask?? 

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited May 2019
    @BenShapirosCousin

You say ....I was talking about you number  12 by the way. 

My reply ....You mean you were lying about me 

You say .....For evidence I have listed, that you have yet to refute actually. 

My reply .....I refute it so does the scientific community, show me your peer reviewed paper?   Wait you have none 

You say .....So refute it, bet you can't. That's why you have so many Red Herrings and Personal Attacks in your "arguments" or *blabbering* however you like it said. 

My reply ....I’m waiting Peer reviews papers motor mouth? 

You say  .....Facepalm < You definitely are. 

My reply ......Facepalm away Doofus 

You say .....: All of them that I have listed. 

My reply .....All of them? You posted up an opinion piece with no links and no none of them are “peer reviewed” , Christian journals are not scientific journals Doofus 

You say ......Well you must not have reached the age yet because you have yet to refute it. 

My reply .....The whole credible world of science refutes it , show us your peer reviewed paper and where credible scientists support your bet you cannot .....again

You say .....The validity of evidence I list is completely separate to the fact of being a religious nut. 

My reply .....Its not as it has no “validity “ religious nuts offer up pseudoscientific gibberish nothing else 

You say ...Thanks for the complement btw you Evolutionistic maniac! 

My reply .....Yes I know you deny what’s fact as in Evolution as well

You say ......: It isn't, and yeah that's exactly what I meant. Abortion is not in the Bible! Also it was a question not a denial. "Beaten yet again buddy " 

My reply .....Yes I know in Your world ripping open a woman and smashing an infant is not .....abortion.....oh dear 

You say .....Ok? Already refuted re-read what I said. (See how polite I'm being compared to you Mr. Troll? Probably not, cause you the biggest troll I know) 

My reply ......Here you go again dummy ......

You say ......: Personal attack number 47. >Shrugs< Will you ever learn..? Nah. Also send me where it says the babies are dashed on rocks, or that they take the baby out of the mother. KJV let's go , you can't. Cause it doesn't kid. 

My reply .....Read above again Doofus and get and adult to help you 

You say .......: Did you have some pages ripped out of your fifth grade grammar book? What you said is irrelevant, and no defense, are two completely differently worded sets of words. 

My reply ....Hey dummy you’re the one got home schooled by religious nuts not I 

You say .....We are talking about *whether Evolution should be taught int schools* or not. This has nothing to do with abortion, or any god's/God. 

My reply ......But you were defeated on that topic by everyone a while back 

You say ......Stop with all the irrelevant crap. 

My reply .....But you believe the irrelevant crap 

You say ........Still can't tell me when I did XD you're getting old kid. Also, where would I be dismissed to might I ask?? 

My reply .....Every one of your posts is trolling ....... Dismissed back to bible school....no wait , try a real school 

Dee said:
    @BenShapirosCousin

You say ....I was talking about you number  12 by the way. 

My reply ....You mean you were lying about me 

You say .....For evidence I have listed, that you have yet to refute actually. 

My reply .....I refute it so does the scientific community, show me your peer reviewed paper?   Wait you have none 

You say .....So refute it, bet you can't. That's why you have so many Red Herrings and Personal Attacks in your "arguments" or *blabbering* however you like it said. 

My reply ....I’m waiting Peer reviews papers motor mouth? 

You say  .....Facepalm < You definitely are. 

My reply ......Facepalm away Doofus 

You say .....: All of them that I have listed. 

My reply .....All of them? You posted up an opinion piece with no links and no none of them are “peer reviewed” , Christian journals are not scientific journals Doofus 

You say ......Well you must not have reached the age yet because you have yet to refute it. 

My reply .....The whole credible world of science refutes it , show us your peer reviewed paper and where credible scientists support your bet you cannot .....again

You say .....The validity of evidence I list is completely separate to the fact of being a religious nut. 

My reply .....Its not as it has no “validity “ religious nuts offer up pseudoscientific gibberish nothing else 

You say ...Thanks for the complement btw you Evolutionistic maniac! 

My reply .....Yes I know you deny what’s fact as in Evolution as well

You say ......: It isn't, and yeah that's exactly what I meant. Abortion is not in the Bible! Also it was a question not a denial. "Beaten yet again buddy " 

My reply .....Yes I know in Your world ripping open a woman and smashing an infant is not .....abortion.....oh dear 

You say .....Ok? Already refuted re-read what I said. (See how polite I'm being compared to you Mr. Troll? Probably not, cause you the biggest troll I know) 

My reply ......Here you go again dummy ......

You say ......: Personal attack number 47. >Shrugs< Will you ever learn..? Nah. Also send me where it says the babies are dashed on rocks, or that they take the baby out of the mother. KJV let's go , you can't. Cause it doesn't kid. 

My reply .....Read above again Doofus and get and adult to help you 

You say .......: Did you have some pages ripped out of your fifth grade grammar book? What you said is irrelevant, and no defense, are two completely differently worded sets of words. 

My reply ....Hey dummy you’re the one got home schooled by religious nuts not I 

You say .....We are talking about *whether Evolution should be taught int schools* or not. This has nothing to do with abortion, or any god's/God. 

My reply ......But you were defeated on that topic by everyone a while back 

You say ......Stop with all the irrelevant crap. 

My reply .....But you believe the irrelevant crap 

You say ........Still can't tell me when I did XD you're getting old kid. Also, where would I be dismissed to might I ask?? 

My reply .....Every one of your posts is trolling ....... Dismissed back to bible school....no wait , try a real school 

You say: You mean you were lying about me 

My reply: Nope. Still on 12, congrats. 

You say: I refute it so does the scientific community, show me your peer reviewed paper?   Wait you have none 

My reply: Actually I do! Here's the link. You've gotta refute it now. https://www.icr.org/article/earths-magnetic-field-young/ (Take that ya little biscuit!!!) 

You say: I’m waiting Peer reviews papers motor mouth? 

My reply: It has been given. 

You say: Facepalm away Doofus 

My reply: Who are you talking to? 

You say: All of them? You posted up an opinion piece with no links and no none of them are “peer reviewed” , Christian journals are not scientific journals Doofus 

My reply: Already gave you one . Also don't say doofus whenever I haven't even been able to say what you've said. You can't not send something and then call someone a doofus for not seeing it. 

You say: Yes I know in Your world ripping open a woman and smashing an infant is not .....abortion.....oh dear 

My reply: You have yet to supply the verse that says they take the child out and smash it. >Rolls eyes< I am getting pretty fed up with your crap so list something credible or at least something that isn't pure nonsense. Thanks so much, deeply appreciate it. 

You say: Here you go again dummy ......

My reply: Personal attack count 52. Ripped upon, where does it say infants dashed against rocks? 

You say: Read above again Doofus and get and adult to help you 

My reply: Personal attack 53. "get and adult" did you lose your fifth grade grammar book buddy? Also read above. 

You say: Hey dummy you’re the one got home schooled by religious nuts not I 

My reply: Completely irrelevant. By bringing this up it tells me yes, yes you did. 

You say: But you were defeated on that topic by everyone a while back 

My reply: Says the one who doesn't even know how to refute, all they know how to do is personal attack, bring up irrelevant topics, and troll. This is hilarious. 

You say: But you believe the irrelevant crap 

My reply: Even if I did, which I don't believe all of, how would that pertain to this conversation? Also personal attack 54. 

You say: Every one of your posts is trolling ....... Dismissed back to bible school....no wait , try a real school 

My reply: Every one of your posts is trolling, yes. Correct for once. 

>Thumbs up< 

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @BenShapirosCousin

You say : Actually I do! 

My reply .....You don’t , a young earth creationist journal is not peer review you cretin 

Here's the link. You've gotta refute it now. https://www.icr.org/article/earths-magnetic-field-young/ (Take that ya little biscuit!!!) 

My reply .....Bwaaaaaaahahahahahaha, told you only American religious nuts like you appeal to that idiotic site .....let me help .....what? ......you’re welcome .......

The Institute for Creation Research (ICR) is a young-Earth creationist faux-research organization that produces voluminous quote mines and logical fallacies in pursuit of debunking evolution and an old earth. The ICR is the unholy spawn of San Diego Christian College and are a bunch of cranks who want to undermine science education and eventually turn the United States into a young-Earth creationist, dominionist society. The Institute was founded by Henry Morris in 1972 and has since gone on to become one of the centers of the anti-evolution movement and quite possibly the general anti-science movement in the US.

You say ....: It has been given. 

My reply .....It hasn’t 

You say ....Who are you talking to? 

My reply .....Even the obvious eludes you 

You say ....Already gave you one . 

My reply .....You didn’t , you gave an opinion piece by a young earth site 

You say ....Also don't say doofus whenever I haven't even been able to say what you've said. You can't not send something and then call someone a doofus for not seeing it. 

My reply....I’m calling you a Doofus because you’re a dummy no other reason 

You say ....You have yet to supply the verse that says they take the child out and smash it. >Rolls eyes< I am getting pretty fed up with your crap so list something credible or at least something that isn't pure nonsense. Thanks so much, deeply appreciate it. 

My reply ....Ahh right the verses aren’t plain enough for you? This is the “loving “ god you kiss buddy 

You say: Here you go again dummy ......

You say ....Personal attack count 52. Ripped upon, where does it say infants dashed against rocks? 

My reply ....

New Living Translation

Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks! 

You say: Says the one who doesn't even know how to refute, all they know how to do is personal attack, bring up irrelevant topics, and troll. This is hilarious. 

My reply ....You gave not one argument with scientific backing on Evolution your whole argument was “ Buh , buh Evolution is wrong cause I say so “ you’ve been refuted again and I bet you will say “ Buh , buh I’m right you’re wrong......again “ 

You say : Even if I did, which I don't believe all of, how would that pertain to this conversation? Also personal attack 54. 

My reply ....But you do , now you don’t make your mind up troll, you don’t converse.

No you’ve attacked me 55 times Now actually 

You say ....Every one of my  posts is trolling, yes. Correct as usual 

My reply .....I know

• VanessaKVanessaK 17 Pts   -  
    @calebsica Yes, I believe evolution should be taught in schools. I personally do not believe in it; however, it is a belief of many people and we should all be knowledgable of others' beliefs. It is our responsibility to know and understand the way the world believes (from a religious perspective). Please, respectfully treat this comment and do not bombard me with PM's stating negative thoughts.  :)
  • VanessaKVanessaK 17 Pts   -  
    @calebsica Yes, I believe evolution should be taught in schools. I personally do not believe in it; however, it is a belief of many people and we should all be knowledgable of others beliefs. It is our responsibility to know and understand the way the world believes (from a religious perspective). Please, respectfully treat this comment and do not bombard me with PM's stating negative thoughts.  :)
  • TBh the statement and/or question as regarding the belief of evolution is a meaningless question/statement; sorry to say but it is. 

The scientific study of evolution entails a multitude of different theories, facts, and beliefs. It just makes no sense from a scientific point of view to make blanket statements or to ask questions about the theory of evolution.

And yes, I do think the scientific study of evolution should be taught in schools providing it is done an epistemically neutral sense. If a science teacher talks about all things evolution as being gospel then they are being very anti-scientific. 

• jesusisGod777jesusisGod777 115 Pts   -  
    Evolution is false.

A test is Switzerland has put an end to the debate.

Mitochondrial DNA is passed on only from a female to their offspring.

Since it is passed on only from females should any animal have had a human child, mitochondrial drial DNA, since it leaves genetic markers would indicate that happened.

The opposite is true.

A test performed by a renowned geneticist named David thaler determined that human beings and animals have the same genetic day of origin and there is no genetic variation between animals and human beings. 

They additionally compared the generic start date for animal and human life with Adams genological record in the Bible and have realized Adams genological record supports their findings.

The scientific journal has been updated and now determined evolution scientifically false.

So no it shouldn't be taught as it's false.
  • all4acttall4actt 315 Pts   -  
    What I don't understand is how the theory of evolution contradicts basic Christian beliefs or the fear of a child being taught something that might contradict their current understanding of the world would somehow damage them. 

I as a parent didn't object to my children being taught the basics of any point of view or subject and lets face it in most primary and secondary schools (which i am just assuming we are referring to) just teach the basics.  Why not have them learn the basic priciples of scientific discovery.  If you disagree with what your child is taught then you as a parent should take the time to explain to them why the views of their instructors are incorrect.

It is important for children to be exposed to as much knowledge and beliefs as possible so they are prepared for life and conversations in the real world as adults.

Not teaching a child at least the basics of the theory of evolutions that many people believe in, even if you don't is just leaving them unpreparred for life.

So my suggestion to all parents is just pay attention to what your child is being taught and if you disagree with any of the lessons be preparred to discuss it and give the evidence and reasoning as to why you think what is being taught is wrong.
    At least this site is teaching me one thing, people aren't looking for any facts. When they actually get an accurate answer, they just shrivvel up and wine.

Been realizing morons are going to be what they are.
  • RS_masterRS_master 400 Pts   -  
    Yes because it is a theory likely to be correct and shows a different way of thinking how we exist.
  • AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -  
    Evolution is false.

A test is Switzerland has put an end to the debate.

Mitochondrial DNA is passed on only from a female to their offspring.

Since it is passed on only from females should any animal have had a human child, mitochondrial drial DNA, since it leaves genetic markers would indicate that happened.

The opposite is true.

A test performed by a renowned geneticist named David thaler determined that human beings and animals have the same genetic day of origin and there is no genetic variation between animals and human beings. 

They additionally compared the generic start date for animal and human life with Adams genological record in the Bible and have realized Adams genological record supports their findings.

The scientific journal has been updated and now determined evolution scientifically false.

So no it shouldn't be taught as it's false.
    Your baseless claims are entirely incorrect. I know the study you're referring to, that's not accurate and if you would like to insist otherwise please provide evidence to back up your claims rather than spouting nonsense.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

@jesusisGod777

Evolution is fact you idiotic trolll , your hilarious piece on nonsense comes from the ridiculously called Evolution News which is a publication of by the equally ridiculous.......
    Discovery Institute (DI, not in any way associated with the Discovery Channel) is a non-profit religious "think"-tank notorious f for its attempts to get intelligent-design creationism taught in American schools. It has set out many of its goals in the Wedge Document (1999). Ironically, DI has its headquarters in liberal Seattle, Washington

What I say can't be ignored. An atheist David thaler has proven evolution false. The scientific journal has recorded that evolution is now false. The entire scientific community has made the determination. Doesn't require anyone's agreement here. So you can all shut your mouth talking about your app phantasy.
  • AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -  
    What I say can't be ignored. An atheist David thaler has proven evolution false. The scientific journal has recorded that evolution is now false. The entire scientific community has made the determination. Doesn't require anyone's agreement here. So you can all shut your mouth talking about your app phantasy.
    This is a debate. If the only argument you have is "Hey, here;s a load of crazy claims that I'm not going to back up with even a single shred of evidence" then you've lost already.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @jesusisGod777

Your blizzare rants are tiresome , why not come back when you can actually back up even one thing you say ......Bet you can’t  
  • YunkoeYunkoe 3 Pts   -  
    Evolution is ( as of recently ) a proven fact. However, I don’t think it should be taught in any education system below college. We don’t know much about it therefore teaching it would be useless. Allow university students to study it due to their need of extensive scientific knowledge haha. But don’t make it a whole unit/topic since we know very little. Allow scientists to continue their study of it and maybe my answer will be different in a few years time.