frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is The Mueller Report Good For Trump?

2»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• billbatardbillbatard 133 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta exactly thats the fox gaurding the chicken coup those to are traitors and should be arrested i dont trust them any more than i trust trump i need to see it
    The passion for destruction is also a creative passion. Mikhail Bakunin

• billbatardbillbatard 133 Pts   -  
    @TKDB I'm beginning to think this whole thing is a farce a charade orchestrated to bamboozle us
    The passion for destruction is also a creative passion. Mikhail Bakunin

• TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  
    @billbatard

I think that if Hillary Clinton hadn't of done, what she did, all the way up prior to the DNC Convention, that she might have become President.?
    But because of what she did, the Steele Dossier product was created, and then the creation of the Mueller Report product followed, and Trump was going to be made to look bad, because of the actions of Hillary Clinton.
    Basically, she impeached her campaign in wanting to become the POTUS.

If Hillary Clinton, had become POTUS, what is the likelihood that maybe the public in general, would have found out about what she had done behind the scenes in wanting to become the POTUS, over Bernie Sanders?

Maybe slim to none? 

With Trump becoming POTUS, what she did, was found out.

• WordsMatterWordsMatter 493 Pts   -  
    @billbatard I just think we should ask why is this push coming up again at this exact moment? Why are the top Republicans trying to drive the narrative this way? What narrative do they want to avoid?

I'm all for the investigations into Democrats. Just because I vote that way doesn't mean I give any allegiance to any Democrat. If any politician potentially commits a crime it should be looked into. I'm also in favor of prosecuting Hillary for just using a non government regulated email to conduct government business, but I think that should apply across the entire government. It should apply to condeleezza, it should apply to Ivanka and Jared, and to be perfectly honest it should apply to at least half of Congress. If we are going to be critical of potential crimes don't do it in a partisan way. I think this country would be much better off if members of each party held their own Representatives to the same standards that we use to partisanly attack the other side. Just imagine the moral authority that the can be claimed for the party that does that first.
    Plaffelvohfen
  • BrandyKnightBrandyKnight 62 Pts   -  
     I think the more important question here is was this report, the investigations that have gone on for years and all out hateful war inside our government been good for the citizens of this country in any way whatsoever. 
      I am personally disgusted and do not understand why we, as citizens, have not said together, enough is enough. Whether we are republicans or democrats; Trump voters or Clinton voters, we are still citizens who have not been represented at all in this ridiculous mess that has wasted millions and millions of taxpayer dollars for simple retaliation. 
      Whether any of us liked it or not, Trump is our President and needed to be allowed to do his job. Our representatives should be concerned about working for us rather than working against a single man. The media and our government officials have done a great job brainwashing and sensationalizing non issues that have actually turned citizens against each other for no reason. 
     Is enough not enough? Should we not be demanding that our money stop being wasted and that our government officials act like adults instead of pouting, grudgeholding chidlren who did not get their way and focus on the actual important issues of this nation together? 
     I personally feel that we, as common citizens, are considered morons by the powers that be and will buy into anything that is sensationalized. It is disgusting and we should not stand for it. I do not need to be told how to feel about someone who has different views than me. I still work with them and live my life around them on a daily basis. We have interesting conversations and points from both sides just make us smarter. It is time that this country and our people say enough is enough. The only idiots we really have are the ones we are allowing to run our country into the ground and neither side is better than the other, regardless of argument. 
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    What fascinates me the most is that this report and all the circus around it, shows that there is no moral threshold to which an elected official may be held accountable to... Now the threshold is a legal one, not a moral/ethical one... I thought such an office would need to be held to higher standards... 
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1833 Pts   -   edited April 2019
    What fascinates me the most is that this report and all the circus around it, shows that there is no moral threshold to which an elected official may be held accountable to... Now the threshold is a legal one, not a moral/ethical one... I thought such an office would need to be held to higher standards... 

There haven't been any standards since at least the time Slick Willie was caught diddling his intern with a cigar in the Oval Office.
    @CYDdharta

True but at least back then there were still people trying to keep such standards, now it seems even less people care... And it's not limited to the presidency mind you... 
    @CYDdharta

And I should add that at the time of the Slick Willie incident, there was no MeToo movement I highly doubt Bill would have survived impeachment under the current conditions...
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1833 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta

True but at least back then there were still people trying to keep such standards, now it seems even less people care... And it's not limited to the presidency mind you... 

There were??  Slick Willie's impeachment vote was 55 nays to 45 yeas.
    @CYDdharta

And I should add that at the time of the Slick Willie incident, there was no MeToo movement I highly doubt Bill would have survived impeachment under the current conditions...

That's an indication that there are HIGHER standards now, not lower standards.
  • TKDBTKDB 694 Pts   -  

The 400 page plus Mueller Report is now available to publically read.

And in regards to the current POTUS, no Obstruction, and no Collusion. 
    CYDdharta said:
    @CYDdharta

That's an indication that there are HIGHER standards now, not lower standards.
    Nah... Just that these standards shifted from ethical to legal, from business to politic... Ethical standards don't cut it anymore, it's a bit sad IMO...  

It's not a judgment, it's an observation, but it means that the presidency is not as important as many may think, or hope... The real deal is in the legislative branch, Congress and Senate. 

It's not a judgment, it's an observation, but it means that the presidency is not as important as many may think, or hope... The real deal is in the legislative branch, Congress and Senate. 

Actually, it's proven to be just the opposite, unfortunately.  The power is supposed to be in the legislative branch with the president just giving guidance, however with the parties not being able to work with each other, the president has to take power ceded by Congress just so things can get done.
    @CYDdharta

Well, what do you consider to be more scary, a Bernie presidency, or a Congress and Senate full of AOC clones?
    @CYDdharta

Well, what do you consider to be more scary, a Bernie presidency, or a Congress and Senate full of AOC clones?
    Bernie.  The president is able to implement much of his agenda without Congress, and House members terms are only half as long as the president's so you have twice as many chances to get them out of the House.  AOC would never make it into the Senate, where she has to appeal to the whole state rather than just a House district.