frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

The gun grabbing far left is racist.

Debate Information

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• TylerPakishTylerPakish 12 Pts   -  
    I would have to say no, gun control is not racist. Historically yes it was, but this was when Civil Rights was non-existent. Now that civil rights do exist, a person of color can go and purchase a firearm should they choose to do so. Logically speaking, the issue is no longer about race. Also, having watched the video, consider for a moment the NRA's intention. The NRA is a part of our society, and a lot of its dealing is with firearms manufacturers. They want to keep that market open so the money continues to flow. While I think gun control generally more harmful than good, I can say that it is not racist. Historically it was, but now, no longer. Why? You may ask. Because the motives have changed for gun control.   
  • Dr_MaybeDr_Maybe 138 Pts   -  

It must be nice to have a hobby that is protected by the Constitution.

• AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    One could say that if they really try hard to bend the facts. Another "one" could say that the far right Gun protectors are child killers, family destroyers and unfeeling egotists … one could say. 

I was  raised in a gun owning family and have carried on the tradition. I WAS a proud member of the NRA for years, shot in NRA sanctioned matches, taught NRA sanctioned gun safety classes and was in the military. I have NO worry of any "leftist" "grabbing my guns". However, when 90% of Americans, including over 70% of NRA members WANT background checks, waiting periods and a few other regulations TO SAVE LIVES, I think it would behoove U.S. to cooperate with each other this once?? The longer the reducible killing goes on, the louder the objections will become, and the more restrictive the regulations will, no doubt, be.  Death is just as devastating on the right as it is on the left. People will only take so much when it comes to "dangerous toys for children", which is what assault weapons are, which is what hi-cap magazines are, which is NOT what hunting rifles and reasonable protection devices are. Buying an assault weapon for "protection" could end up with dead neighbors and family. That's kind of dumb. 
    CYDdharta
    @YeshuaBought ;

YB: What would Jesus do??? I bet he'd beat those assault weapons into plowshares, wouldn't he? 
    jesusisGod777
  • jesusisGod777jesusisGod777 115 Pts   -  
    @TylerPakish

The post isnt asserting grabbing guns as racist.

It's stating that racism effects how liberal think and react and treat others.

Since liberalism is a form of communism, communist government's always withdraw any right for citizens to own guns.

You can not do anything about the fact people misuse guns, even if they take them away from the public.

Taking them away from the public only creates a black market.

It's ironic that when the government takes away gun rights they still provide guns to their agency's.

If you insinuate a person can use a gun responsibly why does the government only feel it's croneys can?

Jesus is Lord.
  • jesusisGod777jesusisGod777 115 Pts   -  
    @AlofRI

That's blasphemous you should repent.

AlofRI
    @jesusisGod777 ;

Sorry, I'm a Dyslexic atheist … I don't believe in DOG. >:)
  • I don't know either you are in support of gun control or not but in my opinion, every person with a gun is not a criminal. What do you call the guys who want to grab your guns and other defence types of equipment? See this recent podcast by Nick. Last night a guy tried to grab my Uncle's gun but not succeed. However, Uncle lost his IWB holster that was gifted to him by my late aunt. Is it acceptable? Now, we are showing him many IWB holsters from here but he only wants the snatched one. The guy belonged to a minority and also had a gun. Again, I am not blaming the minority or something else but no one has the right to play with emotions at all. 

I am not in favour of gun grabbing but you need to take guns from criminals only. 
    rangerexpert