The earth is a concave sphere. Both flat and globular models are wrong. - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com. The only online debate website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the leading online debate website. Debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything! Debate online for free! DebateIsland is utilizing Artifical Intelligence to transform online debating.

Communities

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

The earth is a concave sphere. Both flat and globular models are wrong.
in Earth Science

Prove me wrong. We live inside the earth.
  1. Live Poll

Earth is:

2 votes
    1. Concave?
      50.00%
    2. Convex?
      50.00%
    3. Flat?
        0.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• :joy: ,:astonished: ,:mrgreen: ,:smiley: ,:yum: ,:smirk: !!!! (Just a few of my friends response's to your hilarity. You have a nice weekend, and, watch what you smoke. :relaxed:
    PlaffelvohfenErikDerisoZeusAres42
  • @AlofRI ;appeal to the stone") is a logical fallacy that consists in dismissing a statement as absurd, invalid, or incorrect, without giving proof of its absurdity. Ad lapidem statements are fallacious because they fail to address the merits of the claim in dispute.
    AlofRI
  • You actually got a fist bump for that fallacy? @AlofRI
    AlofRI
  • ErikDerisoErikDeriso 18 Pts
    edited September 28
    At least we know the two most illogical arguers now...
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 562 Pts
    edited September 28
    @AlofRI ;appeal to the stone") is a logical fallacy that consists in dismissing a statement as absurd, invalid, or incorrect, without giving proof of its absurdity. Ad lapidem statements are fallacious because they fail to address the merits of the claim in dispute.
    FYI, also known as an appeal to ridicule. We can however all say things at times that might appear silly to others which put ourselves as subject to ridicule. My advice here should you accept it would be to suck it up, not to take it personally, not to get defensive and make wild accusations.

In regard to your OP it would be great if you could elaborate a bit more.
    AlofRI

The unexamined thought is not worth thinking.

• DeeDee 748 Pts

Prove me wrong. We live inside the earth

You say we live inside the earth , tell me is science close to getting any images of what’s it’s like to live outside the earth? Is it possible for humans to live on the outside or is that just a “pipe dream”?......When you put the pipe down get back to me 

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 1951 Pts
    It seems like your view is just a different interpretation of the observations. There is a geometric transformation that takes a sphere and "inverts" everything, so everything that was inside the sphere moves to its outside, and everything on the outside moves to its inside - but it does not actually change anything from the observer's perspective.

Your model is valid, but it seems less convenient to work with than the traditional one. You have to put all the stars and other objects in the immensely huge Universe into the sphere, while everything outside the sphere is just the Earth's insides, which we will probably not get deep into within our lifetimes anyway.
  • ErikDerisoErikDeriso 18 Pts
    edited October 6
    MayCaesar said:
    It seems like your view is just a different interpretation of the observations. There is a geometric transformation that takes a sphere and "inverts" everything, so everything that was inside the sphere moves to its outside, and everything on the outside moves to its inside - but it does not actually change anything from the observer's perspective.

Your model is valid, but it seems less convenient to work with than the traditional one. You have to put all the stars and other objects in the immensely huge Universe into the sphere, while everything outside the sphere is just the Earth's insides, which we will probably not get deep into within our lifetimes anyway.
    What sets the concave earth apart from the other models is that we recognize the fact that light bends in the atmosphere constantly. 

Aside from the fact that the earth curves up instead of down