Change My Mind: Universal Healthcare Is Correct - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com. The only online debate website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the leading online debate website. Debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything! Debate online for free! DebateIsland is utilizing Artifical Intelligence to transform online debating.

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Change My Mind: Universal Healthcare Is Correct
in Politics

By DeatheyeDeatheye 22 Pts
Healthcare, as an institution, is designed to treat people of their health problems. Therefore, the most logical way to ration such care and resources is to prioritize need above all else.
I am Deatheye, an Orc of the Horde of the Azerothian realms of Herod. 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 2030 Pts
    The logic in your reasoning is not justified. You are saying "X is an institution designed for Y, hence it should be rationed to prioritise need above all else". There is nothing in the initial statement that asks for this conclusion.

It also implies that it should be rationed in the first place; you are talking about the most logical way to ration it. I would ask why you think that it should be rationed at all. Rationed by whom? Who is going to control the rationing process, and by what right? Why should I trust their judgement over mine?
    MichaelElpers
  • but we are paying for other peoples helth care
  • Both private and universal health care come with advantages and disadvantages. I would say the best approach is if you can afford it is to have the best of both worlds.

“It is impossible for someone to lie unless he thinks he knows the truth. Producing bullsh*t requires no such conviction…”
    ― Ben Goldacre, Bad Science

• @Deatheye I don't think that universal healthcare can be established easily. If you want to take care of almost every citizen, then you will have to hire ever more qualified doctors and nurses, who will not be always available.