frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Feminism No Longer Promotes Equality?

Debate Information

It is my personal opinion, and I would argue fervently that modern day feminism is no longer a ideology that promotes and actively pursues equality between the sexes, but rather is an ideology that has become not only tyrannical, but completely anti-egalitarian to the point of being ironic. With arguments such as the patriarchy(which I don't think exists in the United States at least), sexist ideas such as manspreading and mansplaining, and other ridiculous claims made by most modern day feminists, I think there needs to be a drastic change in how we feminism today, or feminism needs to change to actually address the ideals that people in the movement claim to be important to them. What do you all think?
"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking...is freedom."-Dwight D. Eisenhower

"It is not strange...to mistake change for progress."-Millard Fillmore

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities."-Ayn Rand

"To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable."-Barry Goldwater

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1125 Pts   -  
    They want equality of outcome across the board for all people instead of equal opportunity.  They think everyone is the same and everyone should end up in the same place.  Any differences in the way one succeeds only occurs because of hierarchy and societal structure.
  • PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 3985 Pts   -  
    @MattGould

I think it would be more accurate to say that "Feminism" has evolved into a vague umbrella term that encompasses a wide range of social movements, political movements and ideologies, often contradictory... I think that thinking of "feminism" as a monolithic movement is a mistake... 
    MattGould
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • Feminism No Longer Promotes Equality

A woman never Constitutionally did by united state promote equality. And so there is always a first time? Do you believe that the shortfall of good intention can be corrected by placed all woman in a united Constitutional state like Presadera? A woman who sits for the future of all woman before the United State of Constitution.

Plaffelvohfenitsnicolemate
  • MattGouldMattGould 52 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87i am little confused as to what it is your asking. Could you ask it again?
    "If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking...is freedom."-Dwight D. Eisenhower

"It is not strange...to mistake change for progress."-Millard Fillmore

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities."-Ayn Rand

"To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable."-Barry Goldwater

• I’m asking for proof a woman ever promoted equality on a constitutional level. How can we say all woman are created equal under united state in Constitution?
  • itsnicolemateitsnicolemate 14 Pts   -   edited December 2019
    I think that radical feminism doesn’t promote equality. I’m talking about the ladies who pour bleach on guys laps. Those are the ones that no longer promote equality. But I do also think that we are equal. I’m a woman and I think that at least in the country of Australia