frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Why am I so direct and rude with the atheist?

2»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• atsmith49eratsmith49er 7 Pts   -  
    Being both an atheist and a Christian is truly wrong. Those that are firm believers of science know that the possibility of one or many gods isn’t impossible especially considering the realm of possibility that exists within our own universe, never mind the possibility of multiple universes (multiverse theory has taken leaps and bounds recently). However being a Christian is just as ignorant to reality. Expecting your singular god to be real, never mind the consideration of being everything you expect them to be, and then “knowingly being correct” and disrespect those that disagree with you is merely childish. Quote a book as often as you want, but in the end those words were written by a man who is as susceptible to human emotions and desires as people such as you and I. Which means those words can be corrupted by thousands of possible fallacies, and as such cannot be trusted to be true. All views and beliefs are shaped in one way or another by science, religion, politics, culture, etc.  With such great possibilities to the answer we all desire, the best thing to do until we receive proof is to create our own views and be at peace with them. We must accept that our answers may be wrong because the true answer may never come, so others will have a different opinion. We must accept those opinions and continue to live on in peace. Have your own truth, live happily with it, and accept that it may change with the introduction of new information. Do not deny the truths of reality because they may alter your views. Accept them, let your views of life and death evolve to a greater level and be happy that you are greater because of it. 
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    Cool story , reported.
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5557 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD Thank you. You will be sweet too right?
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @atsmith49er ; You're also the "fool."

• RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot ; In context.
  • atsmith49eratsmith49er 7 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought reported for what? Creating a valid point that may cause you to develop your thoughts only to push them away in hopes of not angering the god you believe in? @RickeyD I’m a fool for what reason? Because I defied the word of your god? Because I’m not shackling myself to one reality? One truth? I’m a fool because I accept that we are merely human, unable to find the truth of our reality. If I am able to follow the rules of the Bible, I am just as able to follow the rules and beliefs of the Torah and Quran. I am just as able to follow the rules and beliefs of Stephen Hawking and Richard Dawkins. But because I do not follow your truth and your ability to understand and know the great truth that has evaded the past 100 billion and future 100 billion people, I am a fool. Pleas explain in your own words how I’m wrong, not in the words of another (the Bible).
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    @YeshuaBought reported for what? Creating a valid point that may cause you to develop your thoughts only to push them away in hopes of not angering the god you believe in? @RickeyD I’m a fool for what reason? Because I defied the word of your god? Because I’m not shackling myself to one reality? One truth? I’m a fool because I accept that we are merely human, unable to find the truth of our reality. If I am able to follow the rules of the Bible, I am just as able to follow the rules and beliefs of the Torah and Quran. I am just as able to follow the rules and beliefs of Stephen Hawking and Richard Dawkins. But because I do not follow your truth and your ability to understand and know the great truth that has evaded the past 100 billion and future 100 billion people, I am a fool. Pleas explain in your own words how I’m wrong, not in the words of another (the Bible).
    I was not talking to you, so chill.