frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Some people do actually choose to be gay?

2»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; It certainly does. Your lesbianism is unnatural, it's sin against God and His Covenant of Marriage...you "choose" to rebel against God and Nature.
    No it doesn't and you are off topic. Stop deflecting, you troll. I am not asking if it is natural, I am asking if it is a choice, and you have failed to prove that it is a choice.
    smoothiePlaffelvohfen
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar ; So whoredom becomes you?
    smoothie
    @YeshuaBought ; Lesbianism is UNnatural...it is sin against God and will be judged as same lest you repent.
    smoothie
  • smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -  
    Plaffelvohfen
    why so serious?
    @smoothie ; Why insult those with autism as you seek to justify immorality?
    smoothiePlaffelvohfen
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6095 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

Oh yes. Does it turn you on? Do you want a video recording? You get a 30% discount on the Black Friday in my little Naughty Sinner  online store!
    PlaffelvohfenOakTownA
    @RickeyD How am I insulting them? You must assume that since you love to pick on people who are different. I am not a projection of you, sorry to disappoint.

I think you haven't learned that basic skill... I recommend learning it to engage with conversation as you don't know how to stay on topic. It is important because this debate has nothing to do with anything you are talking about.
    why so serious?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    Homosexual  behavior was expected in ancient Athens. Today, ritual male homosexuality plays an important role in some cultures in New Guinea  Your point is valid and proven in that people did in the past choose to be gay and the very same could apply now and in the future 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

****** l, but if, say, someone paid me a billion dollars to spend a month in a relationship 

You could never be accused of being a “cheap date” 
    OakTownA
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    RickeyD said:
    @YeshuaBought ; Lesbianism is UNnatural...it is sin against God and will be judged as same lest you repent.
    I did not ask if sexual attraction was natural, I asked you to prove that it was a choice. Yes or no: Can you prove that sexual attraction, is a choice?
  • MayCaesar said:
    I am not sure what you mean by "gay lifestyle". What is principally different in lives of gays that warrants classifying it as a different lifestyle than that of non-gays? The only difference is people they are attracted to, but that is a very minimal difference. You would not call someone who is attracted to Asian people having an "Asian-sexual lifestyle" or something along these lines, would you?

I am assuming that what you really meant was this: "Do some gays choose to partake in homosexual relations?" The answer is, "Of course". In principle, nothing forbids a gay from enrolling in a heterosexual relationship, and nothing forbids a straight person from enrolling in a homosexual relationship. In practice, few will make such choices. One of my friends is a rare exception, in that she is homosexual, but is in a relationship with a guy.

As a hypothetical illustration, I am heterosexual, but if, say, someone paid me a billion dollars to spend a month in a relationship with a guy, I would not hesitate for a moment (I would actually be quite interested to try it out, although I do not see myself enjoying it too much). Pretty sure most people would do the same, despite what they might claim in public.
    @MayCaesar what I meant was what has already been discussed with me and smoothy a few posts back which  will show you:
    smoothie said:
    Well, this debate went off a tangent quickly. It's not even exactly about orientation. Some heterosexuals will at times choose a gay lifestyle. This behavior is also seen in other animal species such as certain chimps.
    Correct. I was going to make my point but I wanted to deal with our pest first who still can't make a basic logical argument.

Sexual orientation is not a choice, but the choice to engage in any type of sex is a choice. A heterosexual/homosexual/whateversexual may engage in any type of sex, nothing is stopping them. However, psychologically they will prefer a certain type of sex with a certain sex.

Through gritted teeth and sheer will, you can have sex with anybody, BUT
    The psychological preference (sexuality) is not a choice.

And yes, the behavior is seen across thousands of species so the natural argument against it is thrown out the window

@YeshuaBought ; Sexual attraction to the opposite sex IS NATURAL. Sexual attraction to the same-sex is NOT natural but this attraction is not necessarily sin...it is the "choice" to purse aberrant, unnatural, attraction that manifests in sin. Though our thought life is judged, it is the act that follows the thought which incurs wrath for disobedience.

• smoothiesmoothie 434 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @RickeyD Sexual attraction/orientation is not a choice but it is a choice to pursue just like heterosexuality, as you said through your rambling and irrelevant conjecture.

You are making progress, Rickey, I am proud
    Plaffelvohfen
    why so serious?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited January 2020
    @RickeyD

Was Jesus gay? He basically hung around with guys all the time.
    Dee said:
    @RickeyD

Was Jesus gay? He basically hung around with guys all the time.
    Yeah and he most likely made out with Judas
    AmericanFurryBoy
    why so serious?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @smoothie

Ha , Ha , Ricky has a thing about gays don’t you think?
    smoothieAmericanFurryBoy
  • @RickeyD we can't go to hell if we're already there.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6095 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

You folks really like obeying someone, do you not? Always need a master with a whip telling you what to do. I mean, it is not a very uncommon fetish, but it usually is connected to beautiful individuals of the sex you are attracted to. God is male, as I understand...

Aha, it all adds up. We know about you, Rickey, and your deviance!
    AmericanFurryBoy
  • Dee said:
    Homosexual  behavior was expected in ancient Athens. Today, ritual male homosexuality plays an important role in some cultures in New Guinea  Your point is valid and proven in that people did in the past choose to be gay and the very same could apply now and in the future 

Apparently some other mammal species that are heterosexual engage in homosexual activity due to some terroritoral phenoma.

@ZeusAres42 ; You're not in Hell.
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 1717 Pts   -  
    It is fine to be gay,gay men should have RIGHTS in my book
    I agree. @RickeyD's beliefs are quite unusual and very disrespectful.
  • AmericanFurryBoyAmericanFurryBoy 531 Pts   -  
    While being gay is not a choice (@RickeyD), a “gay lifestyle” could be a choice. It’s like being straight. You can abstain from sexual relationships with others, and it is a choice to have sex with another. 
    ZeusAres42
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln