frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Atheistic confusion concerning Christian "Faith" - a discussion

Debate Information

Another Atheist is confused concerning Christian "faith" and uses an influential servant of Satan to under gird their misunderstanding.

Atheist statement: I use Matt Delahunty from The Atheist Experiences definition of faith: ..... Faith is the excuse people give for believing something when they don't have a good reason.

Christian response...

Christian faith is logical, reasonable. The faith you define is the initiating faith that leads to assured faith for the one willing to humble them self and believe that God is true. For one to know God personally, they must first be willing to internalize the preliminary evidence provided in the supernatural World that engulfs us 24/7 (Romans 1:18-32) and then step-out in "faith" and diligently pursue this Designer-Creator...when one does this in a searching faith with a sincere heart, our Creator reciprocates (Jeremiah 29:11-13).

When our Creator reciprocates, a relationship is initiated and when that relationship comes to fruition, you receive the Holy Spirit who takes-up residence within you (Ephesians 1:13) and the preliminary-searching faith expressed to initiate the relationship becomes substantive faith that is under girded by experiential faith which is more accurately defined as blessed assurance or abiding faith. The true Christian who has experienced the rebirth as a result of grace through faith in Jesus Christ as Lord, this Christian is absolutely assured that their faith is valid and the presence of God's love, power, dominion, strength, joy, peace, rules and reigns within them forever (Galatians 5:22-23; John 10:27-30).

Unfortunately, the Atheist is spiritually dead, lost and living without hope; therefore, the things of God do NOT resonate with them; in fact, they seem as foolishness because God's reality is spiritual and the carnal atheist is natural in their Darwinian delusion and the atheist will ultimately die in their naturalism and suffer the second death in Hell for their spiritual blindness and alliance with God's nemesis, Satan (1 Corinthians 2:14; 2 Corinthians 4:4; John 8:24; Revelation 20:11-15)

As an aside...

When you idolize servants of Satan like Delahunty, Harris, Ra, Dawkins, Hitchens, Gervais, you put another paver in the road of perdition for yourself. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man...especially those who are pointing you to death in Hell (Psalm 118:8).

PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42AlofRItroll_locator

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    Your claims on your relationship with god take me back to the middle school years... Back when boys were constantly having relationships with girls who were not even aware that they were in those relationships.

"I am in a relationship with Mary from the other group!"
    "Really?! How did it happen?"
    "Well, uh, it happened."
    "Did you kiss already?"
    "No, not yet."
    "Did you, at least, go out for a date?"
    "Soon, definitely."
    "Wait, so did you actually interact in any way?"
    "Well, you know, I saw her on a break between classes and said Hi to her."
    "That is it?"
    "Yes, for now."
    "That is not a relationship, ."
    "But I like her, and she obviously likes me as well. It will happen!"
    "Does she even know your name?"
    "She will eventually!"
    "..."

In those cases though, at least we were talking about real, tangible girls one can touch with their hands. Here you are talking about a relationship with a being that does not even exist. When is the first imaginary date, Rickey? With a picnic on the clouds? ;)
    Happy_KillbotDeePlaffelvohfenAlofRI
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

Your whole argument is circular and just more repetitive B S try a new one maybe?
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @Dee ; It would not matter, Dee...you are unable to understand. Sorry.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD

**** it would not matter, Dee...you are unable to understand. Sorry.

Oh but I do understand that your arguments are circular and this invalid , the problem for you is you do not understand which is probably due to your poor education 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @RickeyD

**** it would not matter, Dee...you are unable to understand. Sorry.

Oh but I do understand that your arguments are circular and thus invalid , the problem for you is you do not understand which is probably due to your poor education 
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    Sorry, I don't feel the least bit "confused". I likely WOULD if I had become enraptured about an invisible rabbit or was hearing a talking snowman … whatever. But, since I haven't, I feel kind of "in control". I'm not even worried about this "Satan" (also invisible guy) because I don't have any use for him or his (its) opinion. Since I'm not afraid, or don't believe in the rabbit, I have nothing to fear from the other guy, either. But YOU, RickyD, YOU are scary. If my kids were small, I'd keep them away from you! So THEY don't become confused. :pensive:
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    RickeyD said:
    @Dee ; It would not matter, Dee...you are unable to understand. Sorry.

You seem well read in bible verse. One thing that strikes me as illogical is that Christians can only tell us what God is not, or what heaven will not be, but they have no trouble embracing the fact that they have no idea what those things actually are. As Ayn Rand put it, "to exist is to possess identity. What identity are they able to give to their superior realm? They keep telling you what it is not, but never tell you what it is. All their identifications consist of negating: God is that which no human mind can know, they say—and proceed to demand that you consider it knowledge—God is non-man, heaven is non-earth, soul is non-body, virtue is non-profit, A is non-A, perception is non-sensory, knowledge is non-reason. Their definitions are not acts of defining, but of wiping out." In what sense can faith, as opposed to demonstrable knowledge be considered logical? How is it not faith just out of fear of reprisal from God, and not faith because you actually believe it or want it to be true?