frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Atheist Logic: God allows cancer so thank God for atheists[?]

Debate Information

Atheist logic: “So, God lets us get cancer. Then it takes atheists with their science to cure it. Thank God for atheism.”

Christian response…

Only a demon in Hell would be thankful for atheism. The greatest physicians, scientists, were Christians and the Greatest Physician is Jesus Christ. Even if the atheist was responsible for curing cancer, the cure is limited/finite, for the body will die in sin; therefore, the only TRUE cure is the cure for death from sin which is ONLY available by believing in your heart, confessing with your mouth that Jesus Christ is God who died to pay the sin-debt of mankind so that we could receive His perfection over our lives and find righteousness (a right standing) with God the Father and healing for our terminal condition of death in sin and death in Hell i.e. eternal life. Oh, how foolish is the atheist, how mindless and shortsighted is the one who only sees what is before his face...that which is passing away with every successive second. Naturalism is an untenable psychosis.

Thank God for Jesus Christ, NOT a godless atheist!

Blastcat

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    A bumper sticker: "Please God, save us from your believers".

I never heard an atheist think "thank god for atheists" …. still ……… ;-)

Anyway, as Mark Twain said: " You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
    SkepticalOneZeusAres42Happy_Killbot
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
    Yes, "confessing with your mouth" works much better in treating cancer than chemotherapy. Thank you for the insight, Rickey!

If you happen to be unfortunate enough to contract it, you, of course, will follow your own advice, no? You certainly are not going to go to a hospital to receive treatment from those misguided atheists. Make sure to record your experiences and upload them on Youtube, so you can be inspiration for others.
    Blastcat
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -  
    @AlofRI ; If Twain died in unbelief, he would plead with you to not follow him to his present destiny...be wise, don't die in atheism. 

Blastcat
    @MayCaesar I have received treatment for cancer three-times and I went to a physician, a hospital, a surgeon...God provided doctors to bring relief to our decaying bodies but the fact remains, we will die in this body and only by trusting in Jesus Christ as Lord, confessing Him and believing in Him, will you find life on the other side of physical death. If you die in unbelief, you will die in futility and suffering.

Blastcat
    @RickeyD

By the same logic god gave you cancer as well. Are you thankful to him for that?

Also, some of these doctors may be atheists. That means that god provided atheist doctors to treat you. What does it say about your stance on atheism?

Well, see, I intend to live forever, using the modern technological advancements. We will see if the sky guy manages to end my life; he is welcome to try. ;)
    Blastcat
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @MayCaesar ; God did not give me cancer...I suffered from cancer due to genomic mutational malformation resulting from my inherited sin-nature from my father. I am fully aware that I will die in this body but I am comforted by the truism that my Lord loves me and has promised that my death is liberation and freedom from a lost, dying, suffering World (2 Corinthians 5:8; Revelation 21:4).

As an atheist, you will not live forever...you will die in that body of flesh and unless your repent you will spend much of Eternity in Hades-Sheol/Torments (Luke 16), fully cognizant, aware, awaiting the Judgment of the Condemned (Revelation 20:11-15). Subsequent to the Millennial Reign of Messiah Yeshua, you will be brought forth from Hades-Sheol/Torments and receive a resurrected body of corruption with which you will stand before Jesus Christ and be judged for the things done in the body while constrained by Time. You will be adjudicated "guilty" for unrepentant sin and you will suffer in Hell commensurate with the deeds done in the body while constrained by Time, then you will die the "second death" and cease all existence (Revelation 21:8)...it will be as if you never existed (Matthew 16:26).

All of this because you were too arrogant, proud, willfully blind, obstinate, to humble yourself, repent of your sins, turn to Jesus Christ for forgiveness and confess Him as your Lord. You will reap what you sow.

Blastcat
    @RickeyD

Reference Lord of the Rings instead; makes more sense than your Biblical scribbles.

Is it not interesting how the doctors treating your cancer have a very different explanation for how you received that cancer, than you? Why did you trust them to treat you, when they obviously do not agree with your "lord"? You should have gone to church instead and sought repentance there.
    Rickey-Rickey... So scared and confused... Here, have some ice-cream!
    Blastcat
    @MayCaesar I trust physicians...simply because I love Jesus Christ and have settled my debt to God the Father through Jesus as my Lord does not deny the realities of this fallen World nor does Jesus suggest I set-aside commonsense, logic, reason, and reject the gifts of healing He has given through the talents of doctors provided by His grace and mercy. I did not surrender wisdom and discernment when I entered the family of God through Jesus Christ, I gained these gifts through the Holy Spirit that dwells within me; unfortunately, you cannot know or experience this truth because you have opted to live in spiritual death and hopelessness. Sad, really...but you won't be alone!

Blastcat
    @RickeyD

You can rationalise it however you want, but, at the end of the day, you are using the product of atheist science to treat yourself, one that contradicts your Biblical narrative. When you meet your "lord", you will have a lot of explaining to do.

As for me, I am good: my soul is protected by Aphrodite, and I have been promised unconditionally a place by Waukeen and Lolth. I have heard the Flying Potato F-word Monster also has something in store for me, but no details yet!
    Blastcat
    @MayCaesar ; Atheism has nothing to do with science...atheism is a lie claiming unbelief in God, nothing more, nothing less. Atheism is mental and spiritual illness is most prevalent among the sexually perverse, those who disrespect life and honor and dignity found in goodness, faith, hope. The greatest scientists, the founders of the sciences, have been believers and they understood the necessity of design and a Designer in our Universe, in our genome.

You are on the outside looking in at a World that does not recognize you for you suffer from an untenable psychosis, an inability to relate to the reality around you. You lack the ability to see beyond the box of naturalism that constrains you; in this, you have made yourself irrelevant in both Time and Eternity...you have chosen nihilism, naturalism, hopelessness in a World that screams-out the necessity for our Creator and purpose and design and meaning and planning...you can't see because you have surrendered your mind and soul to the Evil One and you are headed to death in sin and Hell yet you refuse to turn to God and find life in the Name of Jesus Christ...you are most definitely the fool of Time and Eternity.

Blastcat
  • RickeyDRickeyD 953 Pts   -   edited February 2020
    @MayCaesar ; Atheism has nothing to do with science...atheism is a lie claiming unbelief in God, nothing more, nothing less. Atheism is mental and spiritual illness, a deception that is most prevalent among the sexually perverse, those who disrespect life and honor and dignity found in goodness, faith, hope. The greatest scientists, the founders of the sciences, have been believers and they understood the necessity of design and a Designer in our Universe, in our genome.

You are on the outside looking in at a World that does not recognize you for you suffer from an untenable psychosis, an inability to relate to the reality around you. You lack the ability to see beyond the box of naturalism that constrains you; in this, you have made yourself irrelevant in both Time and Eternity...you have chosen nihilism, naturalism, hopelessness in a World that screams-out the necessity for our Creator and purpose and design and meaning and planning...you can't see because you have surrendered your mind and soul to the Evil One and you are headed to death in sin and Hell yet you refuse to turn to God and find life in the Name of Jesus Christ...

Blastcat