Should the U.S. give civil protections to undocumented immigrants? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com. The only online debate website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the leading online debate website. Debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything! Debate online for free! DebateIsland is utilizing Artifical Intelligence to transform online debating.

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Should the U.S. give civil protections to undocumented immigrants?
in Politics

By aarongaarong 156 Pts edited May 21
Should the U.S. give civil protections to undocumented immigrants?
Plaffelvohfennorthsouthkoreajoecavalry
DebateIsland.com Founder/Administrator | Contact Me Via Private Messaging (aarong), Contact Support At customerservice@debateisland.com | Happy Debating! 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• John_C_87John_C_87 301 Pts

Isn’t the correct term should the United State sell protection to undocumented immigrants?

It was the use of law used as a direct influence on governing human immigration which had dictated the civil protection requirement in the first place.

aarongnorthsouthkoreajoecavalry
  • northsouthkoreanorthsouthkorea 216 Pts
    edited May 14
    The United States must not allow illegal immigrants to come into the nation in the first place. Illegal Immigrants shouldn't have any representation in government, as they are not citizens and don’t pay any taxes essentially.

By the way, The government simulator looks very interesting. I may sign up.
    aarongjoecavalryWinstonC
  • According to Wikipedia:

"Civil defense or civil protection is an effort to protect the citizens of a state from military attacks and natural disasters." it protects citizens, not non-citizens, who have no business in our country.
    aarongjoecavalry
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 425 Pts
    Wow! Cool platform (GovSim). I’m probably going to sign up.

I think that Illegal Immigrants shouldn’t be able to vote, or receive Stimulus checks (like Speaker Pelosi wants) due to them coming into the United States through illegal methods.
    aarong
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • AlofRIAlofRI 631 Pts
    Illegal is illegal. I kind of wish our current government would realize that in areas other than immigration. However, we are currently recognizing "essential workers" every day now, it seems. MANY "legal immigrants" ARE essential workers. We NEED them and should treat them as a needed thing. We should be generous with extensions AND treat them with respect including taking care of certain NEEDS ... as long as we NEED them. It seems the word immigrant, regardless of its prefix, is considered as having 4 letters to SOME. When I was growing up that was called "Biting off your nose to spite your face." I'm sure that is what the Speaker is trying not to do.
    aarong
    @northsouthkorea ;

Aren't you just in part making the same mistake England made in the 13 Colonies in the first place?
    Holding immigration as a legal issue demands that representation in legislation is given in at least minimal legal avenues. What the pandemic has shown the world if not anything is the importance of the minimal health standards of inoculation and physicals that create an important structure for the general welfare of a people.
    aarong
    A person can be a constitutional turned way from an entry into a nation without crime as a goal having to be meant for the dismissal as liberty to remain in the boundaries of that nation. 
    aarong
  • @AlofRI
    the issue with the 13 colonies and the UK was that the UK claimed the 13 colonies citizens as subjects, yet gave them no representation, the US isn’t claiming illegal immigrants as citizens, but rather the opposite, they are trying to block them from coming in.
    aarong
  • @AlofRI. There is a difference between the position being essential and the person working it being essential.  If they are doing a low skill position the person is not essential because they can be replaced by almost anyone.  We have over 30 million unemployed so they definitely arent essential.
    aarong
  • AlofRIAlofRI 631 Pts
    @AlofRI
    the issue with the 13 colonies and the UK was that the UK claimed the 13 colonies citizens as subjects, yet gave them no representation, the US isn’t claiming illegal immigrants as citizens, but rather the opposite, they are trying to block them from coming in.
    I don't know what the 13 colonies have to do with what I said. We were not even a country at that time. I also don't see how an illegal can BE called a citizen. The U.S. isn't trying to block immigrants from coming in, Trump is. The U.S., by MAJORITY, has nothing against immigrants as long as they ARE legal ... Trump DOES. The U.S. by a majority, has some feeling for those seeking asylum from deadly gangs or politicians. When someone like Trump makes "criminals" out of women and children, the MAJORITY of the U.S. doesn't like it. When people have been born here, raised here, educated here, paid taxes here, and have nothing more than a traffic ticket, the MAJORITY thinks they should be allowed to BECOME citizens. Trump does not. Trump does NOT equal the United States .... yet.
  • AlofRIAlofRI 631 Pts
    @AlofRI. There is a difference between the position being essential and the person working it being essential.  If they are doing a low skill position the person is not essential because they can be replaced by almost anyone.  We have over 30 million unemployed so they definitely arent essential.
    I don't see very many of that 30 million applying for low paying jobs picking the vegetables that are dying on the vine. MOST of that 30 million are educated workers that had good to excellent paying jobs. By the time THEY get desperate enough to take those jobs of a "non-essential", it will be too late for America.
  • @AlofRI Maybe because those jobs arent currently hiring.  
    They should get desperate enough, the problem is people think they are too good to work certain jobs.  They dont have to do it for the rest of their lives, but as an employer id rather see that did something while laid off than just waiting around for what they want.  Some businesses are having trouble getting their employees to come back because they make more on unemployment than they did at their job.  Thats should never happen.