Minimum wage is dumb - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com. The only online debate website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the leading online debate website. Debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything! Debate online for free! DebateIsland is utilizing Artifical Intelligence to transform online debating.

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Minimum wage is dumb
in Economy

By JesusJesus 66 Pts edited May 18
My opponent can start first by posting their argument

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• JesusJesus 66 Pts
    bruh i just noticed the format sucks and isn't like debate.org if anyone wanna debate wit me we can do it down here :P 
  • JesusJesus 66 Pts
    bruh i just noticed the format sucks and isn't like debate.org if anyone wanna debate wit me we can do it down here :P 
  • @Jesus. You can post a formal debate and it will only be between 2 people.  It will be a back and forth.
  • JesusJesus 66 Pts
    @MichaelElpers

oh ye i see it now thanks fam
  • AlofRIAlofRI 631 Pts
    It seems to me that if someone has to work to survive, and because of some situation or other s/he can only find a particular job, the employer should not be able to take advantage of the situation and pay a starvation wage. That doesn't help the person or the country. I prefer to call it a "living wage" rather than a "minimum wage". If you work, it should result in a "living" that is above the poverty level. If you can't afford to pay your workers a "living wage" you should not be hiring. A poverty wage is what slaves received .... even if it was paid with meager shelter and food, only.
    DavidKashlinskyOakTownA
  • JesusJesus 66 Pts
    @AlofRI

Just like any good, work is basically an exchange. I work for you and I receive money equivalent to the worth of the work. If you find this pay unfair, go somewhere else. Also, just so you know, minimum wage increases the number of unemployed. Let's say you have $30 and three employees. You can pay all of them $10 each. However, one day the government forces you to pay the employees $15 a person, but you only have $30, so you need to fire one person. This person would ideally be the someone with the least set of skills. This means the remaining two employees must do much more work to cover for the missing third worker. On top of that, they must also work enough for the employer's business to keep making $30. Putting a minimum wage both decreases the number of jobs and makes those with jobs need to work harder
  • @AlofRI. Why do you take pity on the person looking for a job, but not the business owner trying to keep their business alive?  Who are you to deny two people the right to enter an agreement?

Jesus