Is TikTok good? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is a globally leading online debate platform that is transforming the online debating experience. DebateIsland enables anyone to civilly debate online, casually or formally, with five fun debating formats: Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas. With DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use, online debate website, users can debate politics, debate science, debate technology, debate news, and just about anything else in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free while improving your debating skills with the help of Artifical Intelligence on DebateIsland.

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

Is TikTok good?

Debate Information

Tik Tok is one of the most widely known thing there is. Is it good or bad? Just give your thoughts about it. Its as simple as that. 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• BonitaVanhooserBonitaVanhooser 113 Pts   -  
    It is a Chinese video-sharing social media service and even I didn't download it on my smartphone. For me, it is a waste of time and youth should avoid it. But, if you are enough talented in acting etc then you can use it to spread your skills with the public. I heard that people make money from it. If yes, then try it for constructive work only.

There are too many news in which teens and even some young people lost their lives while making TikTok video. It's horrific. Don't pick it like an obsession. 
    JaguarScienceRules
  • AnantakshPlayzAnantakshPlayz 3 Pts   -  
    TikTok is rated 12+ on the Apple app store and “teen maturity” on Google Play. However, there is no system in place to verify a user's age, so anyone can download it. Because of the access to inappropriate content, and the use of popular music that may contain explicit language, this is not an app for young kids.

• DebateChampDebateChamp 138 Pts   -  

Previously known as Musical.ly, this Chinese app has taken app stores by storm as the constant downloads come flooding in; however, some users are not using it for its main purpose of connecting people. Many are using the app solely to make fun of what some may consider “cringe worthy” videos. YouTubers such as Cody Ko, Lucas Cruikshank, PewDiePie and others have used their platform to take stabs at the creators on Tik Tok. Whether it is a multiple part series or a singular video, they all have the same underlying theme: Tik Tok is easy to mock.

Some other influencers are genuine fans of the app. Many social media careers started on the previous incarnation of the app, Musical.ly. These include Loren Gray, Jacob Sartorius and Ariel Martin, famously known as Baby Ariel. All of them made not only the transition to other social media platforms, but to music as well.

However, not all of the users on Tik Tok are famous. Whether they do it for fun or for a genuine career, it does not seem difficult to make it. With that being said, if they’re not popular, there are repercussions.

Sophomore Sophia Semersky created the account for her malshi, Ruby. She accumulated a large following in the two weeks she had an account. Semersky talked about taking the experience as a joke and not caring about how many followers she has.

“Well my dog has 19 thousand followers now,” sophomore Sophia Semersky said. “But there are random fourth graders that yelled at me for my ‘face reveal’. They’d say stuff about how they’d unfollow me if I didn’t do it a certain way.”

Those who have actually made a career out of the app tend to stay humble about their success. According toH2S Media, ten of the top creators have been known to make nearly 46,000 dollars over a two week period when the app was starting out. 

JaguarxlJ_dolphin_473RS_masterlj123
  • JaguarJaguar 99 Pts   -  
    Is TikTok good?
    @Mango3 If it's used correctly by people who have some real talent rather than people who want to disrupt our society by uploading some disturbing videos then it's really good .But unfortunately that's not happening . Many people are posting cringe substance there resulting in mental health problems , insomnia , weird nightmares and lot's more. And the weird challenges there ; Horn challenge , ki ki challenge , heart challenge  , joker challenge , cringiness challenge . Ughhhhhhhh. Currently it's a very bad app , it's the den of cringiness . Fortunately a messiah came in India called carry minati and tried to help us but after reaching 10M likes his video was removed from youtube T_T.
    Whatever happens , happens . Just go with the flow.
  • JaguarJaguar 99 Pts   -  
    @DebateChamp Pls stop pasting content from net without reading it
    ScienceRulesxlJ_dolphin_473RS_master
    Whatever happens , happens . Just go with the flow.
  • bjolls99bjolls99 10 Pts   -  
    @Mango3 Overall I think Tik Tok is bad for young people because most become obsessed with creating content or obsessed with viewing it. However, like most social medias today the structure behind it is not inherently evil it is just too good at doing what every entertainment app is created to do, attract users and keep their attention. 
  • ScienceRulesScienceRules 900 Pts   -  
    @Jaguar
    Carry rocks!

Your love became a chorus played only by my memory.
    @DebateChamp
    Well those who have made a career and are known as tik-tokers are busy fighting with youtubers. Take for example Amir Siddiqui. He was trying to fight with Carryminati.
    Jaguar said:
    @DebateChamp Pls stop pasting content from net without reading it
    How can he post something without reading?lol.
  • JGXdebatePROJGXdebatePRO 319 Pts   -  
    Tiktok was originally intended to be a music sharing website, but people started flooding it with meme content, TikTok dances and inappropriate/sexual content. Do not get it. The stuff on there is either pointless and or disturbing.
    lj123
    "A defense with no holes doesn't exist" - Wakatoshi Ushijima
    Tiktok was originally intended to be a music sharing website, but people started flooding it with meme content, TikTok dances and inappropriate/sexual content. Do not get it. The stuff on there is either pointless and or disturbing.
    Sorry, my computer crashed there and it duplicated the post.
  • shirushiru 3 Pts   -  
    TikTok maybe good but it has side effects too...
    It is owned by Chinese company. So it's your choice to use it or not.
    if you have skills It is good for spreading your skills. but if you are only watching videos and scrolling down, wasting your time, then it is worthless...
    beside of time, TikTok also consume your data and battery hastily.
    if you have limited data plan then you should use TikTok wisely.
    So, with your time you are wasting your data and battery...
    most of youth of many countries was wasting their time so,
    in many countries TikTok is banned.
    It's your choice to use it. but my opinion is to avoid it as much as possible...
    RS_masterlj123
  • RS_masterRS_master 384 Pts   -  
    TikTok is a bad thing. People have committed suicide because of TikTok, is this right?

I have seen 4 year olds, 5 year olds, 6, 7, 8, 9, 1, 11 year olds going on TikTok and the age limit is 18 and 13 with your parents watching. These 4 year olds are on inappropriate content. They are learning bad stuff!!! I have seen someone spending 5 hours a day on TikTok, is this right?

TikTok is spoiling kids and removing lives, this is a seroius matter!
  • @Mango3 I would say yes and no. 
    Tik Tok is something (mostly teens like moi) like because they can express themselves.
    But it can also be bad because people hack other people, say or do inappropriate things that are so uncalled for
    I'd say if Tik Tok can be more strict about what people post, then it will be good <span>:wink:</span>
  • lj123lj123 157 Pts   -  
    I totally approve of TicTok, I mean lets be real here TicTok may be inappropriate for a nine year old but lets face it, so is Instagram and snapchat and Facebook and twitter and WhatsApp and messenger. These things are not under threat of being band irrationally. TicTok is now a job, people make TicToks ether for a living or to help out there other social media platforms that they use like YouTube and twitch tv. TicTok is like an infinite amount of jobs for people as you can do advertising and you can actually make TicToks and make money from that. 

TicTok is a good thing! 
    Whatever it is, if you don't agree with me then your wrong.
  • A lot of youngsters use it and unfortunately is has also been recently plagued by child predators.  Anyway, it doesn't really appeal to me. I mean I hardly ever use Facebook these days either.

"Tip: Once you aknowledge that you're wrong about somthing and can admit it you're a step closer to actually being right!"  - Bo Bennett, Logically Fallacious: The ultimate collection of over 300 logical fallacies
  • BonitaVanhooserBonitaVanhooser 113 Pts   -   edited September 18
    Though I have given my opinion but want to talk about my recent experience.

I never installed TikTok in my phone and only a few days ago, I was searching for cute kids videos and opened its web version with kid hashtag but there are some other kinds of videos. Maybe people are using the wrong techniques to get followers. In my opinion, TikTok is making our society sick where things are fake and only for the sake of attention and popularity. 
    Mango3
    lj123 said:
    I totally approve of TicTok, I mean lets be real here TicTok may be inappropriate for a nine year old but lets face it, so is Instagram and snapchat and Facebook and twitter and WhatsApp and messenger. 
    Exactly. The age limit still wont stop anyone from using it, and you actually said it was innapropriate to some.
     TicTok is now a job, people make TicToks ether for a living or to help out there other social media platforms that they use like YouTube and twitch tv. TicTok is like an infinite amount of jobs for people as you can do advertising and you can actually make TicToks and make money from that. 
    Yes, but why is a job on tiktok good?
    You have failed to display valid evidence nor explanation, so how can I believe your claims, let alone everyone else?
    TicTok is a good thing! 
    In conclusion, @lj123, your arguments are superficially good on the outside, but fallacious on the inside, and now you know why.
    Don't approve of Tik Tok. Some people did commit suicide because of this. And many videos there are just BS.
  • 주원짱맨주원짱맨 2 Pts   -  
    Is Tik Tok good? I think Tik Tok bad. Tik Tok  makes a strange trend. And violent. Also, Tik Tok can leak personal information. And people spend a lot of time on Tik Tok. Therefore, Tik Tok is bad.
  • 심규찬심규찬 12 Pts   -  
    Don't use the tiktok! because it is a China company. That's it! China application is users personal data get it...
  • 지완지완 2 Pts   -   edited November 22
               I don't think TikTok is good.

Because TikTok is leaking personal information.
    They said that personal information provide to the company while signing up as a member of TikTok is being improperly leaked and abused outside the proper scope, not the TikTok application itself installed on the device.
    U.S. President Donald Trump has issued an executive order banning the download and use of TikTok, which has nearly 100 million users, in the U.S. alone, because TikTok poses a security risk. The Chinese government can access American personal information through TikTok. And sometimes when I see TikTok, I see a child danced in short clothes, copying an idol. There will be strange comments on this video. Then it will have an adverse effect on the child, too. So I don't think TikTok is good.

• 제우스제우스 12 Pts   -  
    I  think that tiktok is bad.
    Because tiktok has many problem.