You can listen to fake news and deny science, or you can see what the actual evidence is saying... - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything! Debate online for free! DebateIsland is a leading online debate website and is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

You can listen to fake news and deny science, or you can see what the actual evidence is saying...
in Politics

By We_are_accountableWe_are_accountable 496 Pts edited July 15
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-britain-epidemiolo/children-with-covid-19-may-be-less-contagious-than-adults-two-uk-epidemiologists-say-idUSKBN22V1K1

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-23/school-children-don-t-spread-coronavirus-french-study-shows

I realize that Democrats and fake news want to scream doomsday with this Covid disease, just so they have some kind of chance of Biden, with his dementia, beating Trump. But for the rest of us, we listen to science and doctors, and nations dealing in the facts. 
independentlyHappy_KillbotZeusAres42AlofRIxlJ_dolphin_473Plaffelvohfenliberalwithmorals

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
33%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• @We_are_accountable ;

Did you even bother to read these articles?

from the first one:

"“There are hints that children are less infectious but it is not certain,” Eggo, who sits on a panel that advises the British government about transmission of COVID-19 among children and within schools, told the science committee of the House of Lords, the second chamber of Britain’s parliament.

Eggo said that for children who show no sign of being infected it was very difficult to tell how contagious they were, though she said there was a little bit of evidence starting to appear that there may be a lower possibility of infection from them.

“We need more studies to really pin this down as it is so important,” Eggo said."

From the second source:

"Understanding the pandemic and the new virus’s transmission patterns is key to determining which parts of society can reopen -- or should be shuttered again in the event of a resurgence -- and mitigate the outbreak’s impact on the economy. The data on kids has been contradictory so far, with some reports corroborating the Pasteur findings and at least one pointing the other way.

Epidemiologist Arnaud Fontanet and colleagues said more studies on schools were needed because of the small number of cases they were able to study. They found that an estimated 41% of the children infected showed no symptoms, compared with about 10% of adults."

The fact remains that this data is inconclusive at best because of the small data sets. So even if the narrative you are pushing for political reasons is objectively true, it makes no sense for you to claim so because the reality is that there just isn't enough information at this time.

We_are_accountableJustAnAllMightFanindependentlyAlofRIxlJ_dolphin_473piloteerPlaffelvohfenliberalwithmorals
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 1475 Pts

I think it's abundantly clear now that this guy is a troll. Either that or he is seriously dense.
    AlofRIWe_are_accountableScienceRulesHappy_KillbotPlaffelvohfen

• ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 1475 Pts

I think it's abundantly clear now that this guy is a troll. Either that or he is seriously mentally defected.
    DeeWe_are_accountablePlaffelvohfenindependently

• DeeDee 2362 Pts
    @ZeusAres42

He is both , he spends his life trolling on a couple of different sites.....he is more to be pitied than laughed at 
    ZeusAres42independentlyAlofRIWe_are_accountableScienceRulesHappy_KillbotPlaffelvohfenliberalwithmorals
  • @We_are_accountable

As I knew, all I get is mindless Leftist insults and denial of any evidence that goes contrary to the Leftist collective.
    Happy_KillbotindependentlyAlofRIScienceRulesPlaffelvohfenliberalwithmorals
  • independentlyindependently 99 Pts
    edited July 17
    @We_are_accountable You still throw out the "leftist" buzzword but all someone did was show that you are citing incomplete studies. I know you are new to citing any evidence that isn't anecdote, I appreciate you trying. But you cannot make a claim based off of an incomplete study, that is scientifically wrong.

If you say you listen to "science and doctors", then actually think and research like a scientist. You are citing media sources. Media is entertainment that gets paid for clicks/watches, but I don't think you know the difference when you get your "scientific facts" from Fox News. It is hard to take you seriously so I understand why people are calling you a troll.
    Happy_KillbotpiloteerPlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountableliberalwithmorals
  • @We_are_accountable

As I knew, all I get is mindless Leftist insults and denial of any evidence that goes contrary to the Leftist collective.
    Omg!!! "Denial of any evidence " where did you provide any evidence? Only this time you tried to support your arguments with some sort of "evidence" rather than emotional rants. But please before posting read it once. It is not complete lol. Now this is a debating site,so people would definitely show you why you are wrong. You've got to stand up and prove that you are right. But you never do that, you only post a bunch of emotional rants. If you can support your arguments with valid reasoning then nobody will "insult" you. Stop being a troll and a blind follower of Trump.
    Happy_KillbotAlofRIcarryrocksPlaffelvohfenWe_are_accountableliberalwithmoralsindependently
    Lover, hunter, friend and enemy
    You will always be every one of these
    Nothing's fair in love and war.
  • piloteerpiloteer 887 Pts
    edited July 17
    @TacoBell

If you read the first post from @Happy_Killbot, I think you'd realize @We_are_accountable is the one being served up the "help to understand". @We_are_accountable is citing a non-peer reviewed study and claiming it's scientific fact. A true scientist wouldn't do that. The medical community does not now, nor have they ever built their policies around non-peer reviewed studies, and there's a reason for that.  
    Happy_KillbotindependentlyAlofRIScienceRulesPlaffelvohfenliberalwithmorals
  • John_C_87John_C_87 393 Pts
    @ScienceRules
    You account was aposed quite well and the information you brought questioned. Why in basic principle of left and right does your phrase suggesting that any information not at centered with you wrong?
    We_are_accountableliberalwithmorals
  • We_are_accountable said:
    But for the rest of us, we listen to science and doctors... 
    ...who tell us that it's to early to reopen schools, yes...
    liberalwithmorals
  • John_C_87 said:
    @ScienceRules
    You account was aposed quite well and the information you brought questioned. Why in basic principle of left and right does your phrase suggesting that any information not at centered with you wrong?
    What do you mean? I don't get you sorry.
    Lover, hunter, friend and enemy
    You will always be every one of these
    Nothing's fair in love and war.
  • markemarke 334 Pts
    I agree with the obvious.  Scientists do not universally and unanimously agree on anything, so claiming someone is not listening to science is a silly thing to do.  Almost all science, especially new science and unresolved old scientific issues, are debatable concepts.