Are We Here For A Reason? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

Are We Here For A Reason?

Debate Information

Did you know that you are a very special person and that God has a unique blueprint for you?

God cares specifically about you. When you think about it, that is so incredible in that out of the 10 to the power of 24 planets that God created, he chose Earth for you to live on.

But wait, there's more because when God decided to create you, he especially chose one out of 2 million eggs and one out of 100 million sperm.
"Get out of here", I hear you cry.

Apparently, about 38 weeks before I was born, God planned a special cocktail party and made sure that my Mum and Dad were invited. what were the chances then? Wow.

Pretty conclusive then isn't it, that there was nothing random about how we each got here?
Debate Details +

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

Arguments

• AlofRIAlofRI 1014 Pts
    I just wish I had a say in God's design. I mean, it was kinda "personal" and I think I had every right to make an adjustment or two! We should have been "put here" to have FUN! It seems many are only here to make trouble! 

God, listen. You create too many troublemakers and let them live too long! We would love "world peace" and "goodwill toward man"! But, YOU stick us with these "faulty creations"! As an engineer, if we should meet, I'd like to recommend some changes if you're willing to listen, like, why do you build playgrounds so close to the dump??  :frowning:
  • Ah I wish god would stopped this cocktail party now. Cause the world is now filled with troublemakers and people unfit to live in a civil society.
    A lot of problem in his engineering. Wish he took his engineering course a bit more seriously.
    Lover, hunter, friend and enemy
    You will always be every one of these
    Nothing's fair in love and war.
  • @ScienceRules
    Ah I wish god would stopped this cocktail party now.

Well, I have to admit that I did embellish my story a bit....the bit about the cocktail party.
    Mum met Dad at a local crack party.
  • RickeyDRickeyD 685 Pts
    edited October 15
    Mankind was created as a vessel by which God would ultimately destroy the works of the Devil (1 John 3:8b) through the Gospel of Jesus Christ which was ordained "before the beginning of time" (2 Timothy 1:9-10). The entire reasoning and causation for matter, Time, this Universe, the Earth, our genome, is as a repository for a war, a rebellion, that was initiated in the Kingdom of God, the Spiritual World, before the beginning of Time and God the Father is using this Earth, Time, physics, to deal with the destruction of that war and its sin apart from the Kingdom where nothing impure is permitted to exist (Revelation 21:27). In this life, mankind is confronted with only two-overarching choices,

1) Humble yourself before God the Father and trust in the Son, Jesus Christ, as your Lord and become a warrior for God - or -

2) Reject Jesus as Lord and serve God's nemesis, Satan, the prince of the power of the air, and die in your sin and die in Hell.