How Loving Is God? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

DebateIsland Referral Program: Get a Free Month of DebateIsland Diamond Premium Membership ($4.99 Value) Per Each New User That You Refer!

How Loving Is God?

Debate Information

Every year approximately nine million children under the age of five-years-old die.

That's about 1000 per hour and most of those children's parents will be praying right now for God to spare their lives.

Surely a God who can either do nothing to help these children or just doesn't care is either impotent or just plain, outright evil.
PlaffelvohfenxlJ_dolphin_473GnosticChristian

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• @Swolliw If you think that there's no more to life then wolfing down pizzas then your right. A religious person however, believes that the most meaningful and pleasurable experience is connecting to god. This life's ONLY purpose is to facilitate this connection later on. 
    GnosticChristian
  • SwolliwSwolliw 937 Pts   -  
    @yisraelmeirsobel
    If you think that there's no more to life then wolfing down pizzas then your right. A religious person however, believes that the most meaningful and pleasurable experience is connecting to god. This life's ONLY purpose is to facilitate this connection later on. 

Such a flippant, ignorant and arrogant reply to the topic is a disgrace to humanity.
    You are a disgusting individual, to say the least.
    yisraelmeirsobelZeusAres42
  • RickeyDRickeyD 727 Pts   -  
    Death is the resultant of our father's rejection of God's provision and sustenance...those who blame God for death, suffering, disease are spiritually ignorant and generally serve the god of death, unaware.
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1412 Pts   -  
    Nearly a quarter of a million Americans dead, over a million around the world from a virus of HIS making, and HE is a "loving God"?? If I met a girl that "loving" she'd have to find a new beau.

Allowing people like Putin, Erdogan, Kim, and that new in Venezuela, to murder and maim his "creations" makes me wonder .... how can anyone question why some of us refuse to follow such a loving entity??  :frowning:
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1412 Pts   -  
    Nearly a quarter of a million Americans dead, over a million around the world from a virus of HIS making, and HE is a "loving God"?? If I met a girl that "loving" she'd have to find a new beau.

Allowing people like Putin, Erdogan, Kim, and that new in Venezuela, to murder and maim his "creations" makes me wonder .... how can anyone question why some of us refuse to follow such a loving entity??  :frowning:
  • @Swolliw Really now YOU'R blaming me for being FLIPPANT. May I kindly remind you that you mocked religion incessantly in your other post's. Well I guess everyone who say's something you don't have a answer to is obviously ignorant. I must humbly admit my ignorance as to why you called me arrogant. Have a great day and may you never have to deal with anyone who disagrees with you. 
  • SandSand 288 Pts   -  
    There is a difference between "Allowing" and "Causing".

What is being said is if you see a bum on the street, and you do not provide food, clothing, and shelter to them, then you are not a loving individual.
    Just because someone "allows" something to happen doesn't mean they are responsible for the event.
    Nor does it correlate to the qualities that person displays.

God is not responsible for the decisions and actions of man.
    God will however fix these problems, but he will do it on his timetable.
    Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 4051 Pts   -  
    @Sand

God will however fix these problems, but he will do it on his timetable

Sure he will , tell me how that worked for victims of the Holocaust? 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • SandSand 288 Pts   -  

We shall see.
    @yisraelmeirsobel
    Really now YOU'R blaming me for being FLIPPANT. 

Yes, as well as the fact that your literacy is poor.
    And if you think that raising the issue of child mortality is less important than someone being preoccupied with eating pizza or connecting with God, in fact, dismissing the topic completely, you deserve to be mocked and ridiculed.

@Sand
    God will however fix these problems, but he will do it on his timetable.

And what kind of timetable would that be? The timetable of eternity?
    While 1000 children die a slow, agonising death every hour?
    Sure is loving, isn't He?
    Perhaps you may like to pray to him and ask if He can adjust his heavy golfing schedule to quickly jump in and save a few children every now and then.
    I know He won't listen to me so can you do that for me, please?
  • DeeDee 4051 Pts   -  
    @Sand

We shall see.

Ahh right so he fixes all these “problems “ in the next life, isn’t that wonderful comfort to those that died in the Holocaust?
  • SandSand 288 Pts   -   edited November 2020

Let's fully ask your question:
    What have you done to fix this problem of 1000 children dying?
    Since it is not fixed, could we say you are not loving?
    Should people even speak to you, because you haven't solved this problem for everyone?

As you can see the concept does not correlate.
    You are not responsible for other people's decisions and actions.

It is mentioned in the Bible, God is working on eliminating death, then restoring life for children and all mankind.
    I am sure he would listen to you if you are sincere.
    Nevertheless, adequate time has to be given to men to prove they cannot alter death.
  • DeeDee 4051 Pts   -  
    @Sand

Let's fully ask your question:
    What have you done to fix this problem of 1000 children dying?

What 1000 children are you talking about? As an Artist I donate pieces to several charities every year and BTW what has this got to do with your god watching the Holocaust and doing f-u-c-k all?

But let’s just say I’m not a loving person so what? You claim your god is loving yet watched the Holocaust right?

Should people even speak to you, because you haven't solved this problem for everyone?

But I don’t want people to speak to me I care not about what they think of me 

As you can see the concept does not correlate.
    You are not responsible for other people's decisions and actions.

Again how does this relate to gods watching the Holocaust?

It is mentioned in the Bible, God is working on eliminating death, then restoring life for children and all mankind.

Again how does this relate to gods watching the Holocaust?

I am sure he would listen to you if you are sincere

I still don’t believe in god ......I’m sure Allah would listen to you if you were sincere 

Nevertheless, adequate time has to be given to men to prove they cannot alter death.

Right so we all die ......I kinda figured that one out on my own but thanks 
    @Sand

But I'm not God and the subject is about God. Given that God created us and loves us and is omnipotent, he obviously allows an obscene number of kids die.
    If I were a farmer or a dog breeder I would not allow a high number of my animals to die; I would do everything I can to ensure that they thrive.
    Anyhow, the title is merely a rhetorical question since there is no God.
    I am obviously taunting Christians who claim that they have a loving God.
    My thread is poses evidence of the fact that there is no God.
  • SandSand 288 Pts   -  

>>>But I'm not God and the subject is about God. Given that God created us and loves us and is omnipotent, he obviously allows an obscene number of kids die.<<<
    Yes, the subject is God. Yet you are stating that God is not loving because he allows.
    I would need Biblical reference that God is omnipotent.
    The scriptures I read show limits to God's power, as any living being would have limits to their power.

I was not trying to bring you out. But anyone who allows another to undergo hardships does not bear the responsibility of that one's decisions.
    Remember in the Bible, man chose to rule apart from God.
    Just like a child who is of age may choose to live apart from his parents.
    That decision has a lot of advantages but carries a lot of consequences.
    So the same with man choosing to rule himself, it meant that he would bear the responsibility of his actions.
    Now we want to place accountability on God, but that is like locking parents up for the actions of children who live outside their homes.

>>>If I were a farmer or a dog breeder I would not allow a high number of my animals to die; I would do everything I can to ensure that they thrive.<<<
    Yet imagine if you were the ultimate dog breeder, and you bred for the world.
    If people who bought dogs from you did not follow your instructions on how to care for them, would you be responsible for their actions?
    Would you be considered unloving because you allowed dogs worldwide to die in shelters? (est. 2.4 million die in shelters each year)
    Allowing is not causing.

>>>Anyhow, the title is merely a rhetorical question since there is no God.<<<
    >>>I am obviously taunting Christians who claim that they have a loving God.<<<
    >>>My thread poses evidence of the fact that there is no God.<<<
    I understand your thoughts.

• SandSand 288 Pts   -  
    >>>But I don’t want people to speak to me I care not about what they think of me<<<
    I'll try to adhere to your wishes.

@Sand
    But anyone who allows another to undergo hardships does not bear the responsibility of that one's decisions.

I fully understand that, and I am looking at it from a purely humanitarian point of view. I've done it before...given a beggar some money or food without making judgment as to how he got into his predicament...but kids especially; I sincerely hope that if there is a God that he is listening now and just do something regardless of his principals.
    Sand
  • DeeDee 4051 Pts   -  
    @Sand

Thanks for that what a relief I don’t have to listen to your hilarious take on objective morality .......Nice opt out of another statement you cannot defend 
    Sand
  • joselo09111joselo09111 2 Pts   -  
    What most people fail to realize, is that there is an active devil on the loose.
  • Swolliw said:
    @yisraelmeirsobel
    If you think that there's no more to life then wolfing down pizzas then your right. A religious person however, believes that the most meaningful and pleasurable experience is connecting to god. This life's ONLY purpose is to facilitate this connection later on. 

Such a flippant, ignorant and arrogant reply to the topic is a disgrace to humanity.
    You are a disgusting individual, to say the least.

I am not religious either and so I am not defending religion when I say this. But, from the glimps I have seen yisrael does not seem like a bad person or troll. I also understand that it is very upsetting and depressing about the millions of of children dying and families praying for God.

Moreover, what I am getting at is that perhaps some "ignorant" religious people would fare better with your humble kindness as opposed to your derision.

@ZeusAres42
    Moreover, what I am getting at is that perhaps some "ignorant" religious people would fare better with your humble kindness as opposed to your derision.

I know what you mean, I've been there and done that and I find that those who have little concept of logic and reason, will invariably tread roughshod all over you. Whether or not he doesn't seem like a bad person or a troll belies the fact that he did make a bad and trolling comment.
    So, if someone is going to make a totally preposterous and offensive post in the first place, he can expect the appropriate response. 

What's written is writ, however it takes just one word to correct it...."sorry". I'm man enough and have done it before in this forum. But here we are dealing with a serious and sensitive subject, and to make a mockery of it is both shameful and an abomination. He deserves all the derision he gets.