What Is It Like To Be Deluded 24/7? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is a globally leading online debate platform that is transforming the online debating experience. DebateIsland enables anyone to civilly debate online, casually or formally, with five fun debating formats: Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas. With DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use, online debate website, users can debate politics, debate science, debate technology, debate news, and just about anything else in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free while improving your debating skills with the help of Artifical Intelligence on DebateIsland.

DebateIsland.com is the best online debate website. We're the only online debate website with Casual, "Persuade Me," Formalish, Traditional Formal, and Lincoln-Douglas online debate formats. Using DebateIsland's beautiful, mobile-friendly, and easy-to-use online debate website, you can debate politics, debate popular topics, debate news, or debate anything in a large community of debaters. Debate online for free using DebateIsland, a globally leading online debate website that is utilizing Artificial Intelligence to transform online debating.

What Is It Like To Be Deluded 24/7?

Debate Information

John F Kennedy Jr. had it all. His Dad had the top job, he was born into great wealth, power, and influence. He had the good looks, intelligence, and image that made him the world's most eligible bachelor (until his misfortune of getting married).

One fateful day, he flew his plane with his wife and sister-in-law on board and crashed upside-down into the ocean, all occupants perished. Investigations concluded that JFK Jr. suffered a condition known as "spatial disorientation".
In other words, he was temporarily in a state of delusion.
Delusion: an idiosyncratic belief or impression maintained despite being contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

He thought that he was flying the plane safely and all was ok but in fact, he was flying upside down and plummeting towards the ocean.
We may all suffer from delusions from time to time for one reason or another, however, isn't it different when religious believers maintain their deluded beliefs constantly and permanently?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Starlord616Starlord616 209 Pts   -  
    is 'deluded' just your favourite word Swillow?

"John F Kennedy Jr. had it all. he was born into great wealth, power, and influence. He had the good looks, intelligence, and let's not forget a rocky connection with the mafia".

what are these debate even trying to say? that your better because you don't belive is a god?
    look around bud no one cares.
    Debater123
  • SwolliwSwolliw 712 Pts   -  
    @Starlord616

Well, it is obvious that you couldn't give a stuff about anything with such a flippant loose post.
    I care that the world has so many deluded halfwits who were sucked into believing a complete load of religious nonsense.
    And I care enough to do something about it by exposing religion and supernaturalism for what they are.
    If the word "deluded" commonly appears, it is not of my doing but is a major part of those who believe such nonsense.
    @Starlord616
    See reply above
    Swolliw said:
    @Starlord616

Well, it is obvious that you couldn't give a stuff about anything with such a flippant loose post.
    I care that the world has so many deluded halfwits who were sucked into believing a complete load of religious nonsense.
    And I care enough to do something about it by exposing religion and supernaturalism for what they are.
    If the word "deluded" commonly appears, it is not of my doing but is a major part of those who believe such nonsense.
    im sorry, I didn't realise you are trying to 'expose' religion. calling people deluded isn't exposing anything it's just calling people names like a 5-year-old. furthermore, it's not up to you to decide what other people choose to believe. you if you don't believe in religion avoid it but there's no need to try and take others with you. 
    ThorDebater123
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1111 Pts   -  
    I think anyone with a one subject agenda has problems with delusion. @We_are_accountable is one extreme, @Swolliw is another. There are a LOT of important things in between. 
    We_are_accountablexlJ_dolphin_473
  • @AlofRI

It's funny how you don't consider these Left wing Democrats extreme when they support forcing their political correct dogma on ALL AMERICANS!

It's amazing how you don't consider it extreme when the Democrat Party and Joe Biden want to end the Hyde Amendment, thereby forcing all Americans, prolife people included, to pay for No Restriction abortions!

It's amazing you don't consider it extreme when the Democrat Party is trying to force all public schools to allow so called Transgender boys, who doctors say have dysfunctional disorders, to play in our daughter's sports!

Your Democrat Party, and those on the Left, ARE THE EXTREME ONES! For you to consider people like myself to be extreme when we speak out at this distruction of American freedoms, is truly insane!
    When we show the outright censorship of Conservatives by most of the media, you call that extreme?

You truly are the extreme ones and too mind numbingly brain dead to even know it.

Ignore
    AlofRI
  • mickygmickyg 141 Pts   -  

When you read the bible ..did you notice ..as i did...that the gospels are anonymous??.....and why do they not appear in history until 160ad??@Starlord616
  • xlJ_dolphin_473xlJ_dolphin_473 960 Pts   -  
    @AlofRI
    AlofRI said:
    I think anyone with a one subject agenda has problems with delusion. @We_are_accountable is one extreme, @Swolliw is another. There are a LOT of important things in between. 
    Don’t forget @RickeyD, who makes Christianity the sole subject of his DebateIsland account...
    AlofRIWe_are_accountable
    mickyg said:

When you read the bible ..did you notice ..as i did...that the gospels are anonymous??.....and why do they not appear in history until 160ad??@Starlord616
    what?

yes the gospels are anonymous
    NO ONE QUOTES one until 160ad
    UNLESSSSSSSS
    YOU HAVE PROOF otherwise.@Starlord616
    @Starlord616
    im sorry, I didn't realise you are trying to 'expose' religion. calling people deluded isn't exposing anything it's just calling people names like a 5-year-old. furthermore, it's not up to you to decide what other people choose to believe. you if you don't believe in religion avoid it but there's no need to try and take others with you. 

You are completely wrong and are guilty of what you are trying to accuse others of.

Exposing the delusion of others, fully backed up with evidence and reason (which is what I presented here, and in many other posts) is not immature calling of names at all. Furthermore, it is religious groups who are guilty of pro-actively enticing others into their fold through devious means, so your last comment is a bit rich to put it mildly.

Religions have, for centuries, tirelessly and aggressively campaigned to suck in and keep others in their devious organisations through preying on those who are naive, gullible, impressionable, and weak through manipulation using guilt and fear. If you don't accept that then it's tough titties for you because so far as religion goes, from now on (as has been for many years now) it is game up for such an oppressive, bigoted, anti-social, parasitic institution. I will tirelessly campaign against the infringement of the rights and morals held by decent civilised society. And that means helping other decent, civil folk eliminate the scourge of religion once and for all.

We_are_accountable
    mickyg said:
    yes the gospels are anonymous
    NO ONE QUOTES one until 160ad
    UNLESSSSSSSS
    YOU HAVE PROOF otherwise.@Starlord616
    I am so confused about what you are trying to say. what am I trying to prove to you? 
    Swolliw said:
    @Starlord616 ;

You are completely wrong and are guilty of what you are trying to accuse others of.

Exposing the delusion of others, fully backed up with evidence and reason (which is what I presented here, and in many other posts) is not immature calling of names at all. Furthermore, it is religious groups who are guilty of pro-actively enticing others into their fold through devious means, so your last comment is a bit rich to put it mildly.

Religions have, for centuries, tirelessly and aggressively campaigned to suck in and keep others in their devious organisations through preying on those who are naive, gullible, impressionable, and weak through manipulation using guilt and fear. If you don't accept that then it's tough titties for you because so far as religion goes, from now on (as has been for many years now) it is game up for such an oppressive, bigoted, anti-social, parasitic institution. I will tirelessly campaign against the infringement of the rights and morals held by decent civilised society. And that means helping other decent, civil folk eliminate the scourge of religion once and for all.

1. I have nothing against people who do real work to expose hurtful religious sects but what you are doing here is less than productive and begging to tilt towards spamming and unnecessary hate.

2. both thesis and atheists are at fault when I come to enticing people to see their views as the right one. I think that religion/spirituality is a very personal part of life so it's up to an individual to choose what they believe in independently.

3. I agree that there are many examples of aggressive conversion in religious groups but this doesn't mean its a universal rule for all religions. also as I've said before similar tactics and threats have been used by atheists to push their ideas.

4.  Please do keep protesting against the infringement of the rights and morals held by decent civilised society because that is an essential thing for people to do but your 'attacks' are far too general right now to be blaming every single religion for societies flaws.

5. Not all religion is bad and not all atheists are good.
    @Starlord616
    1. I have nothing against people who do real work to expose hurtful religious sects but what you are doing here is less than productive and begging to tilt towards spamming and unnecessary hate.
    All religious institutions are hurtful, religious sects and voicing my objection to the hate incited by others is hardly being unproductive, spamming or hateful, is it?

2. both thesis and atheists are at fault when I come to enticing people to see their views as the right one. I think that religion/spirituality is a very personal part of life so it's up to an individual to choose what they believe in independently.
    Atheists do not use tactics such as scare-mongering through threats of fear and guilt to expound their views, religious groups do. If people want to believe in loony things, sure, that's their business, although they should seek the appropriate treatment for it. 90% of theists do not "choose" their belief, at best they are indoctrinated to a particular belief by geography. Otherwise, they are naive, gullible, vulnerable, weak people who are sucked into their belief through fear and guilt.

3. I agree that there are many examples of aggressive conversion in religious groups but this doesn't mean its a universal rule for all religions. also as I've said before similar tactics and threats have been used by atheists to push their ideas.
    Cite one case whereby a theist has been preyed upon by a group of people (who incidentally happen to be atheists) and told that if they do not give up their belief, they will be subjected to unmentionable suffering and torture.

4.  Please do keep protesting against the infringement of the rights and morals held by decent civilised society because that is an essential thing for people to do but your 'attacks' are far too general right now to be blaming every single religion for societies flaws.
    My so-called "attacks" are responses to the attacks repeatedly made by religious groups on society and mark my word, my responses are nowhere near "general". They are clearly targeted, reasoned, fair and fully backed by evidence.

5. Not all religion is bad and not all atheists are good.
    I get this cop-out mitigation tactic quite frequently from theists..."Oh yes there are bad religions but, oh, mine is good"....yeah sure, that's what they all say. Not all atheists are good but all religion is bad. 
    Starlord616
    once again, im not a thesist @Swolliw

CHRISTIANITY IS THE MOST EVIL DISEASE TO INFECT OUR PLANET
    christians have been murdering jews for 1700 years,culminating with hitler..to appease world history the christian united nations voted to give arab land to the jews.....the jews have taken the deal to be quiet about the holocaust but the arabs are not happy.. @Starlord616
    @Starlord616
    once again, im not a thesist

However, you are quite vindictive and accusatory so, for all intents and purposes you may as well be a theist. Which Church do you go to by the way?

why is this pointed at me? @mickyg
    just cause I to defend peoples right to religion doesn't make me a theist it just means i have empathy  @Swolliw