Theists, Do You Have BO? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

DebateIsland Referral Program: Get a Free Month of DebateIsland Diamond Premium Membership ($4.99 Value) Per Each New User That You Refer!

Theists, Do You Have BO?

Debate Information

......and how many of you just suddenly sniffed your armpits after reading the title?
Don't worry, I'm not attacking the personal hygiene of those who reside on t'other side of the reality fence. It is more of an analogy or "same situation" that we are unpacking and exploring here.

It's amazing though, isn't it? There's always a guy in the team who stinks to high heaven. When the rest of the team has tried subtle hints like chucking cakes of soap at him in the locker room and everyone has had enough you have tell him quite bluntly that he's peeling the paint off the walls.  Then he says, "waddya mean ?" He wouldn't even know a low-flying frisbee if it hit him in the head.

It's a bit like believing in God really. Try to tell someone they're deluded, and they wonder what the heck you're going on about. Except that here, the stakes are higher. It's more than about just smelling like Teen Spirit, it's about the entire life patterns, the entire thought patterns and the entire credibility being on the line and hence we witness said subject slide into a condition known as "denial". 
I'm sure that my "water cooler" routine is wearing a bit thin by now and obviously not working in some cases so, how do we let a deluded theist realise the obvious?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Starlord616Starlord616 361 Pts   -  
    but the problem is that you might be the one who smells and doesn't realise @Swolliw
    JeffreyBlankenship
  • SwolliwSwolliw 937 Pts   -  
    @Starlord616
    but the problem is that you might be the one who smells and doesn't realise 

I'm all clear, the Rexona seems to work and, as for the delusion issue, I've cut my Monte Alban intake dramatically to only three bottles a day, and I have stopped eating the worm.

• The real question is... Atheist do you have any sense of logic?

Debater123
  • SwolliwSwolliw 937 Pts   -   edited December 2020
    @JeffreyBlankenship
    The real question is... Atheist do you have any sense of logic?

That is not a "real" question, it is misguided rhetorical conjecture.

By definition, theists have beliefs that defy logic and reason.

Whilst there are some atheists who make no consideration for their stance, thinking atheists by definition, use logic and reason to formulate their views.

The real question is: Are you deluded?

• @Swolliw. Us theist have faith in what we can't see that is the only thing that would defy logic. There is more evidence for Jesus and other biblical events than there are of Caesar Augustus.
    Debater123
    @JeffreyBlankenship
    Us theist have faith in what we can't see that is the only thing that would defy logic. There is more evidence for Jesus and other biblical events than there are of Caesar Augustus.
    Yes, you have faith and, faith is all it is as well as defying logic, in other words, delusion.
    It is a very worn-out piece of deception indeed that there is evidence for Jesus. That is not disputable, but so what?...a person called Christ existed. However, to make such a statement as yours with the (deceptively implied) inference that Jesus was the son of God and that he rose from the dead is nothing short of being dishonest.

• So you atheist try so hard to disprove the existence of christ yet you are not all on the same page. I have you over here confirming Christs existence and @mickyg is asking for eyewitnesses because he claims a man name Jesus Christ NEVER existed. IF you are not the delusional people here, than don't counter each others beliefs. @Swolliw
  • @Swolliw. By the way it is rhetorical, we all know you have no logic. I'd stop if I were you before it gets worse.
  • mickygmickyg 348 Pts   -  
    SO ...WHAT WAS JESUS LAST NAME?  @JeffreyBlankenship
    IS JESUS GOD.....?@JeffreyBlankenship
  • @mickyg. What was Plato's last name?
  • @mickyg. Heres the beginning. To think we will ever fully understand the Trinity is to make the mistake of thinking God is fully understandable. God is infinite. He is beyond us. Trying to “fully understand” God is like a 2-year-old trying to “fully understand” the complexities of relationships, marriage, and parenting!

Believe it or not, the fact that God is too immense for our finite minds should be comforting, not discouraging! After all, as I have said many times (to myself as much as others!)…

If God was small enough for my brain to fully understand, He wouldn’t be big enough to save me!”

The authors of the Bible understood this. That’s why they wrote words like we find in Job 11:7-8

Can you fathom the depths of God or discover the limits of the Almighty? They are higher than the heavens—what can you do?”

…and Isaiah 55:9

For as heaven is higher than earth, so my ways are higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.”

Simply put: God is big. Really big,Mickyg

• The Trinity is the foundational Christian belief that God is one Being who exists in three Persons.”@mickyg
    YES  JEFFY THINKS THE JESUS HAD A LAST NAME..........CHRIST IS A TITLE......HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW.....AS I SAID THERE WERE MANY ...CHRISTS AROUND.......@JeffreyBlankenship
  • @mickyg. I never said that. I meant Jesus the Christ lived. Trust me I am more educated about biblical things than you.
    TSK TSK TSK TSK TSK
    I SEEM TO HAVE CAUGHT YOU LYING
    YOU POSTED>>>>>So you atheist try so hard to disprove the existence of christ yet you are not all on the same page. I have you over here confirming Christs existence and @mickyg is asking for eyewitnesses because he claims a man name Jesus Christ NEVER existed.>>>>>>>>
    HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW

SO YOU ARE MORE EDUCATED THAN ME?
    I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU TO COME...
    SHOW ME ONE QUOTE FROM MARK..MATTHEW..OR LUKE FROM BEFORE 160AD..@JeffreyBlankenship
    JeffreyBlankenship
  • @mickyg. Again I meant it as Jesus the Christ you f-o-o-l.
  • @mickyg. Why not John?
  • @mickyg. A quote about scripture.
    @JeffreyBlankenship
    So you atheist try so hard to disprove the existence of christ 

I, nor any other thinking atheist has questioned the existence of Christ, and I suggest that you may wish to take stock of yourself and take a bit more care with your replies. You are way off the mark and clearly becoming a perfect example of the topic question.

show this account of john.....where can i find it?....@JeffreyBlankenship
    if you don't question the existence of jesus you are not well informed.......
  • @mickyg. Bud I don't like atheism but I can respect @Swolliw because he is not Ignoring the facts.
    name one person who saw jesus alive..with his account..@JeffreyBlankenship