Was Hitler a Catholic? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

DebateIsland Referral Program: Get a Free Month of DebateIsland Diamond Premium Membership ($4.99 Value) Per Each New User That You Refer!

Was Hitler a Catholic?

Debate Information

Son: Hey Mom, was Hitler bad?

Mother: Yes son. He was one of the baddest persons ever to have lived and he was responsible for causing so much destruction and misery all over the world.

Son: Hitler was a Catholic, wasn't he?

Mother: Well, many people say he was Catholic, but he wasn't that bad.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Arguments

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• TrueLoveTrueLove 179 Pts   -  
    I have relatives that lived in Germany in the Hitler times, and I have been told that Hitler had the churches put his picture up next to the crucifixes on the walls.  
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
  • SwolliwSwolliw 807 Pts   -  
    @TrueLove
    I have relatives that lived in Germany in the Hitler times, and I have been told that Hitler had the churches put his picture up next to the crucifixes on the walls.  

That's scary.

Of course, German citizens knew no better (until the end of the war) and thought Hitler as a true father figure and was idolized as much as Christ.

In my Church, we had a portrait of the Queen.

• TreeManTreeMan 190 Pts   -  
    The queen is hitler; revealed! 
  • TrueLoveTrueLove 179 Pts   -   edited April 30
    Swolliw said:
    @TrueLove

That's scary.

Yeah really scary.  

Of course, German citizens knew no better (until the end of the war) and thought Hitler as a true father figure and was idolized as much as Christ.

Actually, many Germans thought Hitler was bad, and crazy, but if anyone would hear you say that, you would be arrested and killed.  The German children were put in youth groups where they were taught to march, etc, and also taught to tell the police on their parents if they said anything against Hitler.  I was told how a relative's father was an alcoholic and would get drunk and talk bad about Hitler and the mother and older children had to stop the younger brother from going to the police to have the dad arrested.  Hitler wanted a master race, and he was going to put to death all the poor Germans too, because he believed that being poor was a flaw with a person’s genetics.  I had poor relatives during that time.  They were offered free land in Russia.  They would have been gassed on the train ride if the war didn’t end.  

In my Church, we had a portrait of the Queen.

Wow, is that still happening?  That is so wrong. 

@TrueLove

I relinquished my membership of the Church quite some years ago when I woke up to reality so, I don't know what they pin on the walls now....probably a picture of Kanye West. In Australia, like all British Commonwealth countries, it was a done thing to have a portrait of the Queen in any public building. Come to think of it, the tradition has faded quite a bit as Australia moves more progressively towards being a republic.

@TreeMan
    The queen is hitler; revealed! 

I wouldn't put it past the woman. After all, her uncle (who was forced to abdicate the throne) was good mates with Adolf, as was much of the English aristocracy.

• TrueLoveTrueLove 179 Pts   -  
    Swolliw said:
    @TrueLove

I relinquished my membership of the Church quite some years ago when I woke up to reality so, I don't know what they pin on the walls now....probably a picture of Kanye West. In Australia, like all British Commonwealth countries, it was a done thing to have a portrait of the Queen in any public building. Come to think of it, the tradition has faded quite a bit as Australia moves more progressively towards being a republic.

In any public building is still strange.  
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1390 Pts   -   edited May 1
    Hitler is Hitler. I don't like associating ANY mentally ill "leader" with any religion. It's not the fault of a religion that some whacko chooses to USE the religion as a "standard". It's a shame because ALL religions are "useable". They have a ready-made following, all you have to do is sell yourself and your ideals as "godlike" and they'll follow you! (That and threaten to destroy your leaders and places of worship and they are yours)! Catholics had $billions in art and treasure. Hitler knew that ... and took most of it ... after he had their attention. I remember another ...um ... "leader" holding up a Bible after he had the attention of another large religion, and he would have loved to take even MORE treasure than he already had. Luckily we had an election, he lost. Still, many of that religion still pour their riches into his coffers by the $millions. Hitler was as much of a Catholic as the more recent guy is as much of an Evangelical. Their ACTUAL "god" is not a word, but a symbol. ( $ )

Both give religion a bad name.
  • SwolliwSwolliw 807 Pts   -   edited May 1
    @AlofRI
    Wrong on all counts.
    Both give religion a bad name.
    Religion already had a very bad name and still does.

It's not the fault of a religion that some whacko chooses to USE the religion as a "standard".

It certainly is the fault of religion which started out as being a system of beliefs and politically motivated doctrines to be used by those in authority to command control over the masses.

Hitler is Hitler. I don't like associating ANY mentally ill "leader" with any religion. 

Although Hitler's health deteriorated towards his end, he was not certified as mentally ill although anyone who firmly believes in God can be described as having a mental condition or being mentally ill.

delusional [dɪˈluːʒ(ə)n(ə)l] ADJECTIVE characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.

Stick to the facts and you can't go wrong.

AlofRI