Do Theists Dislike Homosexuals? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

DebateIsland Referral Program: Get a Free Month of DebateIsland Diamond Premium Membership ($4.99 Value) Per Each New User That You Refer!

Do Theists Dislike Homosexuals?

Debate Information

Son: Mum, why are religious people so weird?

Mother: Well, as a matter of fact, the Oxford dictionary describes weird: | wiad | adjective suggesting something supernatural; unearthly: weird, Inhuman sounds

. . . . . So, In the true sense of the word, religious people are weird. Why do you ask?

Son: Well, there is a new kid at school, he's really cool, and his name is Gervais. But all the religious kids tease him just because he talks like a girl and walks in a funny way. And they say weird things like "shoving fudge", "fruit" and "pansy".

Mother: It is symptomatic of Christians to harbor hatred against minority groups and for no real reason except out of ignorance and arrogance. What's worse is that they are so cowardly as to deny their hatred or say that it is the will of God.

Son: Mum, can I take my slingshot to "show and tell" tomorrow?

Mother: By all means dear. Take some of those big jagged stones from the garden with you also (winks).

Son: (winks)
MrDebatePerson2

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• GnosticChristianGnosticChristian 221 Pts   -  
    Christians cannot justify their homophobia or misogyny and they know it.

I am afraid your O P will go nowhere because of this fact.

Christians tend to blame the gay or woman for being that way, while ignoring that it is their creator god that created them that way.

In other things, they have faith, but in this, they cannot possibly blame their god, so they blame the individual.

Regards
    DL
  • SwolliwSwolliw 937 Pts   -  
    @GnosticChristian
    In other things, they have faith, but in this, they cannot possibly blame their god, so they blame the individual.

I agree, and it is sad. What concerns me is that many Christians still try to mitigate their belief of blaming the victim but hiding behind a shield of (perceived) acceptance of their phobia by their Church.

GnosticChristian
  • TrueLoveTrueLove 251 Pts   -  

Christians tend to blame the gay or woman for being that way, while ignoring that it is their creator god that created them that way.

Regards
    DL
    No one should bully another person.  
    As for you saying God made those people that way, you are wrong.  God says not to do those things.  God says for a man and woman not to lay with their own gender, and not even to wear the other genders clothes.
    Anyone can look at and listen to men who wear makeup and mock women have something mentally wrong with them.  There is more to a woman than makeup and a feminine voice.  No matter all the hormones and surgery a man does to his body, he will never ever be a woman, and vice versa.  The man will never have a womb and ovaries and menstruate and have children.  These gender confused people and gay men and women do not accept themselves, but cry foul when others don't accept them for not accepting themselves.  
    GnosticChristianTreeManPlaffelvohfen
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
  • TrueLoveTrueLove 251 Pts   -   edited May 26

Tony Burleigh is man who went from a man to a women and back to a man and how God helped him.

PlaffelvohfenGnosticChristianTreeMan
  • @Swolliw
    Why might Christians hate Gay men?
    They might be lying and just using that lie to genetically engineer their children at the expense of others.
  • @Swolliw
    Are all gay men liars as a united state?
    No, they are not some are realistically Binivir. What is Binivir? A legal description of two men who may act in public as if they are one legal entity capable of making important decisions about each other as events may unfold in the world around them. Can women be Binivir's? No, women are seen as unosmulier and not Binvir. Why? They are basically women and not basically men. Are there women who might lie to achieve the same objective as men genetically engineered children? Sure, equal wrongs being that of equal right in the choices people make.
    TrueLove said:

Regards
    DL
    As for you saying God made those people that way, you are wrong.  God says not to do those things.  God says for a man and woman not to lay with their own gender, and not even to wear the other genders clothes.
    Anyone can look at and listen to men who wear makeup and mock women have something mentally wrong with them.  There is more to a woman than makeup and a feminine voice.  No matter all the hormones and surgery a man does to his body, he will never ever be a woman, and vice versa.  The man will never have a womb and ovaries and menstruate and have children.  These gender confused people and gay men and women do not accept themselves, but cry foul when others don't accept them for not accepting themselves.  
    No one is a bigger bully than your genocidal, homophobic and misogynous god.

If as you say, gays are not created, --- but are made that way by others, --- then you should be hating those facilitators and not the innocent gays.

You are victimizing the victim. Stop doing evil.

Regards
    DL

anarchist100TreeManJoeKerr
    TrueLove said:

Regards
    DL

If as you say, gays are not created, --- but are made that way by others, --- then you should be hating those facilitators and not the innocent gays.

Regards
    DL

You don't make sense.  Be more careful at what you claim I say.  I didn't say they were made that way by others.  You accuse me of lying.  Be more careful how you judge others, because it is probably what you are.

GnosticChristianTreeMan
    TrueLove said:
    TrueLove said:

Regards
    DL

Regards
    DL

You don't make sense.  Be more careful at what you claim I say.  I didn't say they were made that way by others.  You accuse me of lying.  Be more careful how you judge others, because it is probably what you are.

You guys with low I Q's are a pain.

If not made that way by your god or others, not nature or nurture, then makes a person gay and why do you think it is their fault?

Do try to think before saying something , again.

Regards
    DL

TreeManPlaffelvohfen
    TrueLove said:
    TrueLove said:

Regards
    DL

Regards
    DL

If not made that way by your god or others, not nature or nurture, then makes a person gay and why do you think it is their fault?

Regards
    DL

No one made them do gay things and not control their own thoughts.

You really think you have a higher I Q?
    TrueLove said:
    TrueLove said:
    TrueLove said:

Regards
    DL

Regards
    DL

Regards
    DL

No one made them do gay things and not control their own thoughts.

You really think you have a higher I Q?

Lets find out, junior.

Who is the incompetent god who created minds that would have such thoughts?

Don't give a free will gambit.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”. 

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature, then the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin. That being the case, for God to punish us for following the instincts and natures he put in us would be quite wrong.

Regards

DL 

• TreeManTreeMan 209 Pts   -  
    If 'God' created everything, then why did God create gays, which he disapproved of? Even penguins accept LGBTQ. In fact, 30% of penguins are LGBTQ, and they hatch abandoned eggs, so they benefit the penguin society. They also approve of gays.
    GnosticChristian
  • LegacyLegacy 19 Pts   -   edited May 27

@Legacy
    God is an eshay

Good call, or premonition there. Stay tuned for my next thrilling OP on that very subject that I was just about to post.

@TreeMan
    If 'God' created everything, then why did God create gays, which he disapproved of? Even penguins accept LGBTQ. In fact, 30% of penguins are LGBTQ, and they hatch abandoned eggs, so they benefit the penguin society. They also approve of gays.

If you look throughout the animal world you will find "gays". There are many species that will change gender just so they can procreate if there is no member of the opposite sex available. Look at hardened, macho, hetero prisoners, they will turn gay out of "necessity". So, it's more a matter of being the rule (or, a rule) and not the exception.

You never know, as soon as I find the key for this closet, I might just be stepping out, it's just so dark in here though.....

GnosticChristian
  • KhasimAmeduKhasimAmedu 123 Pts   -  
    There's nothing necessary about same-sex relations, regarding humans. We aren't talking about animals, unless you wan't to compare homosexuals to that of an animal. God never said anything about animal homosexuality because frankly that is a bizarre topic to bring up, let alone think about. If animals enact this, out of necessity to sustain their species, then I see no problem because it is necessary to pass the natural selection. But with humans, there is nothing necessary, about these relations. Just a means of fulfilling these avoidable desires. I have a problem more so with the unnecessary perversion and lust then the actual relation. 

@Swolliw
    GnosticChristianTreeMan
  • @Swolliw

The issue may be about the intellectual challenge that goes with assigning complex legal issues to the general public welfare.. this by using their role as a witness in events of society. 

Lets find out, junior.

Who is the incompetent god who created minds that would have such thoughts?

Don't give a free will gambit.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”. 

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature, then the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin. That being the case, for God to punish us for following the instincts and natures he put in us would be quite wrong.

Regards

DL 

We do have free will.

God made us to be like Him knowing good and evil.

God wants us to chose to love Him and do right, instead of programming us to love Him and do right.  

GnosticChristianTreeMan
    TreeMan said:
    A natural view of religion would end such discrimination but the mainstream god religions are stuck in the and imaginary supernatural.

Things were much better before that idiotic way of reading myths.

Regards
    DL
    There's nothing necessary about same-sex relations, regarding humans. We aren't talking about animals, unless you wan't to compare homosexuals to that of an animal. God never said anything about animal homosexuality because frankly that is a bizarre topic to bring up, let alone think about. If animals enact this, out of necessity to sustain their species, then I see no problem because it is necessary to pass the natural selection. But with humans, there is nothing necessary, about these relations. Just a means of fulfilling these avoidable desires. I have a problem more so with the unnecessary perversion and lust then the actual relation. 

@Swolliw
    There's nothing necessary about hetero sex relations, regarding humans.

Look at the population numbers.

What is necessary for both groups is to appease their desire for a life long loving relationship.

You put sex above love instead of love above sex showing how homophobes are less well adjusted than gays.

Try putting love first and stop trying to deny what you seek. That is what is best.

Regards
    DL

• TrueLoveTrueLove 251 Pts   -   edited May 27
    TreeMan said:
    Male penguins don't have sex with male penguins. 
  • MrDebatePerson2MrDebatePerson2 184 Pts   -  
    I think it is safe to say, that gay people are delusional.
    TreeMan
    @MrDebatePerson2

If, as you say, it is safe to state such a remark, you must surely have reasoning or evidence to support such a view. 

Why do you think that it is safe to say such a bold statement?

I don't have time for you, no one does.@Swolliw
    TreeMan
    @KhasimAmedu
    God never said anything about animal homosexuality because frankly that is a bizarre topic to bring up, let alone think about.

In case you weren't aware, human beings are mammals and as such are animals, whose mating rituals are all similar.

But with humans, there is nothing necessary, about these relations. 

And also, if you aren't aware, homosexuals are caring loving human beings deserving to be in relationships like everybody else and to pass such judgement as yours is born out of utter ignorance and lack of concern for fellow human beings.

I have a problem more so with the unnecessary perversion 

There is no doubt that you have a problem all right, but would you kindly elaborate to all who read this, what you mean by "perversion" and why such a word has any place in this discussion?

Just stop, you are talking about nothing but religion in several debates, people are getting tired of your spamming. :weary: @Swolliw
    @MrDebatePerson2
    Just stop, you are talking about nothing but religion in several debates, people are getting tired of your spamming.

I was not aware that you are a mediator here, hence giving you the right to dictate who says what and when. Furthermore, I talk about religion here since this is a religion forum. 

Would you also like to advise me what constitutes the spamming you have alleged so that I can report your findings to the other mediators?

• I think it is safe to say, that gay people are delusional.
    Does this include men who are accused of being gay?
    @Swolliw

Why can't you accept it that Christians have rights to their beliefs and lifestyle?

You say Christians are antisocial, but it is the homosexuals who reject themselves and nature.  

Homosexuals, transgender, and transvestites don't accept themselves, but try to force us all to accept them, while they also reject our lifestyle. 

Homosexual men do not like women, and homosexual women do not like men.  So then, so what that heterosexual men don’t like homosexual women; and that heterosexual women are turned off by homosexual men?   

It is hypocritical of the gay community.

There are more mentally ill and suicidal in the gay community than in any other community.  Why force Christians to believe it is normal?

• SwolliwSwolliw 937 Pts   -   edited June 3
    @TrueLove
    There are more mentally ill and suicidal in the gay community than in any other community.  

And, why would that be then?

Could it be due to the treatment they get from theists?

TreeMan
    Swolliw said:
    @TrueLove
    There are more mentally ill and suicidal in the gay community than in any other community.  

And, why would that be then?

Could it be due to the treatment they get from theists?

Well there are many people who have been physically, sexually, verbally, and mentally abused, and who live in poverty and other harsh conditions, yet they don't commit suicide, and or are mentally ill.
    @TrueLove
    yet they don't commit suicide, and or are mentally ill.

Because they don't get constant threats of physical violence, persecution, and vilification from bigoted theists, that's why.

• TrueLoveTrueLove 251 Pts   -   edited June 7

Swolliw said:
    @TrueLove
    yet they don't commit suicide, and or are mentally ill.

Because they don't get constant threats of physical violence, persecution, and vilification from bigoted theists, that's why.

Stop making up stuff.  
    Again, there are people who have really had a hard life, and they don't commit suicide or are mentally ill..
    I also think people who believe in absurd, unproven things are delusional.
    What do you have against gays? It is simply how they were made. I could not be gay if I tried, nor could a gay person be heterosexual if they tried. I don’t understand why Christians care so much about the personal life of people.
    @MrDebatePerson2
    @TrueLove
    Stop making up stuff.  

Okay, let's hear it from the expert authority, shall we?

You said: "There are more mentally ill and suicidal in the gay community than in any other community."

Would you mind quoting the source of such insightful and accurate information?

Or, did you make it up?

Swolliw said:
    @TrueLove
    Stop making up stuff.  

Okay, let's hear it from the expert authority, shall we?

You said: "There are more mentally ill and suicidal in the gay community than in any other community."

Would you mind quoting the source of such insightful and accurate information?

Or, did you make it up?

Go look it up.  What I said is well known public information.  What you wrote was to claim you can go in all those people's minds.  
  • SwolliwSwolliw 937 Pts   -   edited June 8
    @TrueLove
    Go look it up.  What I said is well known public information.

I did look it up, very thoroughly and what you said is not well known public information at all.

It is 100% homophobic bigotry.

As for why "there are more mentally ill and suicidal in the gay community than in any other community".....I don't think I, nor any other sane, thinking, responsible person would want to know your distorted, ugly reasoning.

Best to keep it to yourself I would say.

Swolliw said:
    @TrueLove
    Go look it up.  What I said is well known public information.

I did look it up, very thoroughly and what you said is not well known public information at all.

It is 100% homophobic bigotry.

As for why "there are more mentally ill and suicidal in the gay community than in any other community".....I don't think I, nor any other sane, thinking, responsible person would want to know your distorted, ugly reasoning.

Best to keep it to yourself I would say.

That is advice you should take for yourself.
    @TrueLove

If you mean "Best to keep it to yourself....", I hardly think so because I do not harbor, nor preach ugly, hurtful, unqualified anti-social views of hatred and bigotry.

You do.

TreeMan
    Swolliw said:
    @TrueLove

If you mean "Best to keep it to yourself....", I hardly think so because I do not harbor, nor preach ugly, hurtful, unqualified anti-social views of hatred and bigotry.

You do.

You are very hateful.
  • JeanJean 30 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: refutation

TrueLove said:

Regards
    DL

Regards
    DL

TrueLove did not claim gays are made that way by others. He wrote that even the hormones and surgery are not done by doctors or surgeons but these are actions that a gay "does to his body."
    TrueLove
    Jean said:
    TrueLove said:

Regards
    DL

Regards
    DL

TrueLove did not claim gays are made that way by others. He wrote that even the hormones and surgery are not done by doctors or surgeons but these are actions that a gay "does to his body."
    Thank you so much Jean.  It is a rare person in deed who will see someone being lied on, or mistreated in anyway and speak up.  
  • SwolliwSwolliw 937 Pts   -   edited June 9
    @TrueLove
    You are very hateful.

Uh, Uh!! We've been over this before, haven't we?

Exposing the hatred of others is not being hateful.

It is you who has been singled out as being hateful for the reasons already mentioned several times over.

TreeMan
    Ay Swolliw your getting better at debating. I now fully respect many of the points you make. Try not to be so snot Christian, it won’t persuade them to become atheist. I would just make them even more hateful.
    Swolliw said:
    @TrueLove
    You are very hateful.

Uh, Uh!! We've been over this before, haven't we?

Exposing the hatred of others is not being hateful.

It is you who has been singled out as being hateful for the reasons already mentioned several times over.

You sound delusional.  You don't know how hateful you are?.  
    @TrueLove
    You don't know how hateful you are?.  

You don't know how many times you have made baseless accusations without one word of explanation, reasoning, or evidence. Just as you have made baseless, sickening judgements against innocent, decent people.

The fact is I have exposed your ugly bigotry and hatred towards others.

If you call that hatred (just as I hate Nazis) then tough for you.

@TrueLove
    You don't know how hateful you are?.  

• TrueLoveTrueLove 251 Pts   -   edited June 9
    Swolliw said:
    @TrueLove

You don't know how many times you have made baseless accusations without one word of explanation, reasoning, or evidence. Just as you have made baseless, sickening judgements against innocent, decent people.

The fact is I have exposed your ugly bigotry and hatred towards others.

It sounds like you are talking to yourself about yourself.
  • Argument Topic: A unconstitutional test of GOD.

@Swolliw
    Do theists hate homosexuality? 
    Yes, they are described publicly as hating homosexuality, is being given permission to commit perjury publicly a reason or necessity to subjugate principles of witness tampering and fraud? The movie Philadelphia documents the malpractice, conflict of interest, and fraud that took place by the civil lawsuit filed. If someone commits perjury and you can not see the lie to prove it is taking place, a person might then be forced by law to submit to the lie. The constitutional precedent of Marriage is not the only victim in this type of civil legal tactic and strategy.

Men cannot be married together as a united state they are legally bound together as Binivir.
    Women cannot be married they are legally bound in a united state as unosmulier.
    Words being created to describe an event witnessed in public is not a legal objection that would otherwise justify perjury.
    Does anyone have a legal object as to why couples cannot be witnessed in a united state of truth? if so the time is now to speak their piece.

Homosexuals can be married by the process of the civil union this burden is created when any child as a nation's citizen is conceived by medical intervention on behalf of same gender couple, a medical professional has an ethical obligation to privately provide in a birth certificate the whole truth names of donors of sperm and embryo as mother and father. Otherwise, this form of medical treatment in basic principle becomes a complicated, advanced method of slavery and slave trade, this to spite the all legislative claims of race being the major factor in global slavery. 
  • JoeKerrJoeKerr 96 Pts   -  
    TrueLove said, "Homosexual men do not like women, and homosexual women do not like men."

I think it would be more correct to say that homosexual men are not sexually attracted to women, and homosexual women are not sexually attracted to men.
    That doesn't mean that one dislikes the other.
    JeanSwolliw