frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

The Secrets of America: do we know them all?

Debate Information

In this debate I will be presenting some "secrets" of America and American conspiracy theories, and it is up to you whether you believe them or not. And it's up to whether you debate about them.

Secrets including,  Project MK-ULTRA. - The U.S. Air Force's other plans for the lunar surface. - Project Sunshine. - and more.

I am not talking just about conspiracy theories, like who really shot JFK or is Area 51 holding more secrets. I am giving you government "secrets" and conspiracy theories and interesting facts about America that you might not already know... 

So, this is how it will work:

• I will present you with a government "secret" or a conspiracy theory, and it is up to you whether you believe it or not. And you can debate about it's authenticity and whatnot.
  • Debaters can feel free to present there favorite American "secrets" or conspiracy theories, or they can present their very own.

Rules:

1. Debaters may not bring any other topics to the debate that don't have to do with American "secrets" , conspiracy theories and anything of that genre.
  2. Debaters may not post comments that don't have to do with the subject at hand, such as, rude remarks, spamming, etc.

1. Live Poll

Would you like to see more of these kind of debates?

5 votes
    1. Yes
      80.00%
    2. No
      20.00%
  2. Live Poll

Did you like this debate?

5 votes
    1. Yes
      80.00%
    2. No
      20.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MrDebatePerson2MrDebatePerson2 262 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: CIA Mind-Control Experiments

1. CIA Mind-Control Experiments

Could drugs and hypnosis be used to control people's minds and turn them into unwitting assassins for the CIA? That's what the agency attempted to discover in the 50s, with a top-secret research program called Project MK-ULTRA. Turns out, LSD just makes people want to listen to 45 minute guitar solos.

Still I think it is at least a little concerning that they are even attempting mind control. 

Thoughts?

Argument Topic: Track 61:

Track 61: The President's Secret Underground Train.
    President Franklin. D. Roosevelt didn't want the public to see him using a wheelchair, so to keep that secret during his visits to New York, his train didn't stop directly at Grand Central Station, but rather a secret station called Track 61 that was never listed on any train map. Although it's now abandoned, the station was used by wealthy travelers and high-profile politicians who wanted to come and go to New York without being noticed. "This is more of a fact."

Thoughts?
  • maxxmaxx 983 Pts   -   edited June 2021
    the way i understand, is even under hypnoisis, one can not be made to actually go against what they would normally not do; however; a combination of drugs and hypnoisis , may lead one to be paranoid to the point in where they may actually kill someone. even with out the drugs; under hypnoisis, a hypnonist may fool the subject to the point in thinking his life is in danger and need to kill to survive. yet to actually go out under a hypnotic suggestion; and to wait and assassinate someone; i do  believe it is feasibly possible with the right subject/@MrDebatePerson2
  • MrDebatePerson2MrDebatePerson2 262 Pts   -   edited June 2021
    maxx said:
    the way i understand, is even under hypnoisis, one can not be made to actually go against what they would normally not do; however; a combination of drugs and hypnoisis , may lead one to be paranoid to the point in where they may actually kill someone. even with out the drugs; under hypnoisis, a hypnonist may fool the subject to the point in thinking his life is in danger and need to kill to survive. yet to actually go out under a hypnotic suggestion; and to wait and assassinate someone; i do  believe it is feasibly possible with the right subject/@MrDebatePerson2

That is true, it's not the supposed "mind control" that concerns me, it's the fact that the CIA is even trying to experiment with mind control, and what do they hope to gain? But I don't think it is a big deal.

And thanks for being the first person to post an argument. :)  @maxx
  • maxxmaxx 983 Pts   -  
    i think what they hope to gain, is really not controlling american citizens but to find a way to defeat an enemy. all nations do this. I recall or read how the soviets used to experiment with many types of ways to gain an edge on america duroing the cold war; including attemps at remote veiwing, and various other extra sensory ideas@MrDebatePerson2
    MrDebatePerson2
    Argument Topic: The U.S. Government Had a Plot to Kill Castro (with a Seashell)

The U.S. Government Had a Plot to Kill Castro (with a Seashell)

There were a lot of crazy attempts to assassinate Cuban dictator Fidel Castro during the 70s, from booby-trapped cigars to poison milkshakes, but none quite so nutty as the exploding seashell. The CIA knew that Castro was a big fan of scuba-diving, so they plotted to plant a brightly colored conch shell in one of his favorite dive spots, triggered to explode when he touched it. They never followed through on it, although the CIA director did purchase two books on Caribbean mollusks. Thoughts?
  • all4acttall4actt 293 Pts   -  
    Mind experiments happened.  It is well documented but not just by the CIA but by governments and scientists around the world.  They are also continuing.

Track 61...I will take your word on.  It is not unusual for there to be special pathways for government officials and elites.

I have no idea about the sea shell thing but would not be surprised had there been assination plots against Castro.

What about "NEW WORD ORDER"

The common theme in conspiracy theories about a New World Order is that a secretive power elite with a globalist agenda is conspiring to eventually rule the world through an authoritarian one world government—which will replace sovereign nation-states—and an all-encompassing propaganda whose ideology hails the establishment of the New World Order as the culmination of history's progress.
    MrDebatePerson2
    Swolliw said:
    @MrDebatePerson2
    In this debate I will be presenting some "secrets" of America and American conspiracy theories
    There are several secrets Americans don't know about. One is that they drive on the wrong side of the road. That's why they keep crashing into each other.
    And, apparently, the place that makes dollar bills has only one colour ink.....green...like what the? And like, they can't spell colour right anyway.
    Then, what about this one. They think that they will die of malnutrition if they don't eat everything with heaps of bacon and orange cheese.
    Like, this one will grab you, they think that "period" is what you put at the end of the sentence and not what women have each month. Oh yeah, while we are on the subject, what about "fanny", which they kind of got back-to-front. And the correct word, which is "bum", they use to describe a lazy person. And this is weird...they haven't been told yet that they are allowed to fly out and visit other countries.
    Oh yeah, and they still have to work out feet and inches and miles like the old days, like derrr.

Yep mostly true, but now it's my turn.

One is that they drive on the wrong side of the road. That's why they keep crashing into each other. @Swolliw

It's different not wrong.

And, apparently, the place that makes dollar bills has only one colour ink.....green...like what the? And like, they can't spell colour right anyway.

The color green? what about it? ..... And one again we spell color differently, but it's not wrong.

Then, what about this one. They think that they will die of malnutrition if they don't eat everything with heaps of bacon and orange cheese.

True, for some Americans. While people in your country are actually dying from malnutrition, ironic.

Like, this one will grab you, they think that "period" is what you put at the end of the sentence and not what women have each month. 

Your point is? so you like making fun of women. that's just rude.

Oh yeah, while we are on the subject, what about "fanny", which they kind of got back-to-front. And the correct word, which is "bum", they use to describe a lazy person. 

Once again, we say it differently, but that doesn't make it wrong.

And this is weird...they haven't been told yet that they are allowed to fly out and visit other countries.
    Oh yeah, and they still have to work out feet and inches and miles like the old days, like derrr.
    That makes no sense, not all Americans use feet and inches, many use kilometers and meters. like derrr?

Everything you said shows what a Bigot you are. And I am flagging your argument.