Is body language a form of communication? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Learn more about DebateIsland.com's EdTech solution aimed at Middle Schools and High Schools, DebateIsland Education, here!

Is body language a form of communication?

Debate Information

Is body language a form of communication, or a peusdo science that has little or no value?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• LiefieLiefie 37 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Science or not, it's real ;)

@maxx
    My dog wags it's tail when it wants to play. Sometimes it lays down with it's belly exposed to show submission when dominated by other dogs or when it is showing trust and comfort around me and others. My girlfriend's pupils dilate when I'm telling her a story she's really interested in, I fiddle with my hands when nervous. My sister's eyebrows go up and her eyes wide open when she's shocked by something. We see anger in somebody's eyes while in a argument or fight. 

These are only a few examples that communicate to us what someone else is feeling or thinking. Language is a type of communication with another, and since body language does communicate something, I say yes, it's real and very valuable if you want to understand what others are communicating.
  • maxxmaxx 707 Pts   -  
    i tend to agree that it has value, yet it is listed as a peusdo science@Liefie
    @maxx
    I'm not a scientist, but I'd assume it's listed as a pseudo science since it does not follow all of the rules of the scientific method, you find this to be the debate in most fields of psychology/human behavior. 

Its seems to me that we agree on two things, 1) that is has value, 2) that it is real (to the extent that we understand what others are communicating through body language). I'm not qualified to comment on what is pseudo science or not, so I'll leave that one to the experts :)
  • DeeDee 4169 Pts   -   edited July 15
    It’s pseudoscience and has very limited usage yet it sells products and by the cartload , NLP is another totally nonsensical off spin  that plays up on this as well to an extent 

Ridiculous claims are made for both body language is extremely limited and purely cultural as body language cues are totally different in other societies 
    piloteer
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1621 Pts   -  
    Happy_Killbot
    @Dee
    I reserve my thoughts about it being commercialized. I have to disagree with you about it being nonsense. One of the most valuable things to humanity is our relationship with others, and body language helps us nurture and maintain the relational bonds that we form with others. It's not nonsense in so far as it helps us get closer to those who care for us and that we care for, and so far as it helps us identify those that do not have our best interest at heart. 

I would also argue that one of the reasons it's so easily commercialized is because of the intrinsic value body language and the understanding of it has for our relationships with others.
  • maxxmaxx 707 Pts   -  
    i think it may be classified as peuso just because it has not been studied.  it is not commercialized for people do not make money off of it, yes it, the cues can be different in other societies but they seem to work with-in thoses society. in the society one lives in, the majority of cues fit with what we think they are. @Liefie
    @Liefie

You’re entitled to your opinion , tell me how effective do you think body language is at reading other people ? 

It still cannot even accurately tell if someone is lying or not which is why the FBI rely on polygraphs

It’s results in all scientific testing have found it’s very limited which is my contention , if you  think it’s not  massive in a business sense I suggest you do some research into it and it’s various spin-offs
    @Dee
    I appreciate your opinion, and I think you are missing mine. 
    If your aim is to read exactly what another person is thinking (what the FBI probably wants to do), then yes, I agree - body language is not effective. If your aim is to get a general idea of what people are thinking or feeling on a day to day basis, in an uncontrolled environment (as apposed to an interrogation room), then body language is effective. 

An elite athlete needs all kinds of equipment and supplements for optimum results - this is the FBI and the polygraphs.
    A lay person like me, wanting to be fit and healthy, only needs to do mundane exercises and eat good (no need for special equipment/supplements) - this is the average person and body language. 

Body language is limited, I agree, that limitation is enough for us to have a general understanding of whether someone is lying to us or not (to use your example), or to understand that they are surprised or shocked or angry etc. The issue of limitation is minor, even polygraphs are limited, but we still use them. We work with different degrees of limitation based on our aims, the FBI has different aim to someone trying to understand people around them. 
    PlaffelvohfenHappy_Killbot
  • maxxmaxx 707 Pts   -  
    I myself, find it easy to tell if one is happy, angry, sad, bored or sleepy, or in pain@Liefie
    @maxx
    Exactly, and that's generally the degree to which we use body language. These small details are important, they help us facilitate better communication with one another, predict or make assumptions about others and how to act or react based on these. 
    Jean
  • DeeDee 4169 Pts   -  
    @Liefie

I appreciate your opinion, and I think you are missing mine. 

I don’t believe I am , I stated it’s limited you agree

If your aim is to read exactly what another person is thinking (what the FBI probably wants to do), then yes, I agree - body language is not effective. 

Precisely , yet every book or so called expert will claim it’s extremely effective 

If your aim is to get a general idea of what people are thinking or feeling on a day to day basis, in an uncontrolled environment (as apposed to an interrogation room), then body language is effective. 

You honestly know what people are thinking in a general way through body language really? Or what they are feeling seriously?

An elite athlete needs all kinds of equipment and supplements for optimum results - this is the FBI and the polygraphs.
    A lay person like me, wanting to be fit and healthy, only needs to do mundane exercises and eat good (no need for special equipment/supplements) - this is the average person and body language. 

Yet I cannot tell what people are thinking or feeling you do , I’m confused?

Body language is limited, I agree, that limitation is enough for us to have a general understanding of whether someone is lying to us or not (to use your example), or to understand that they are surprised or shocked or angry etc.

Tell you what get a person to hide a coin in either hand and ask them when you ask which coin the hand is to lie or tell the truth and tell me out of 10 times how many times you were right? 

The issue of limitation is minor, even polygraphs are limited, but we still use them. We work with different degrees of limitation based on our aims, the FBI has different aim to someone trying to understand people around them. 

How is it minor when that’s what I’m stating and you’re agreeing with .Body language is limited you agree so what you’re arguing about eludes me 
    @Dee
    Correct me if I'm wrong here:
    You say body language is nonsense, from what I gather, your stance is that it is useless and has no functional value for us. I completely disagree with this. 

It's wise to acknowledging the limitations of something, all things in life are limited. You'd rather have polygraphs for example, but even these are limited and can be manipulated by people. Acknowledging the limitations of body language is not me agreeing with your assumptions that it has no functional value for us. You present body language as something that is irrelevant and has no value, this is what I strongly disagree with. Body language is very important, whether you realize this or not, it's a major contributor to us building trust with others, have an idea on how to relate, or give us an indication on how the other is feeling amongst many other things. 

To answer your question about knowing what others are thinking or feeling:
    I want you to think about yourself and your loved ones here. Imagine someone that is angry, you know what that looks like. 
    Because of what you see on their face/body, you know that they are angry, you might have an idea of why they are angry (someone spilled coffee on their favorite t-shirt for example). Body language does not tell you exactly what people are thinking, nor does it tell you exactly what they are feeling, but it gives you a good indication/idea of what those feelings or thoughts could be, and enables you to act appropriately - you have just gained valuable information through body language, and this is one small example of it's worth to humanity.

Plaffelvohfen
  • DeeDee 4169 Pts   -  
    @Liefie

Correct me if I'm wrong here:
    You say body language is nonsense, from what I gather, your stance is that it is useless and has no functional value for us. I completely disagree with this. 

I said ....” It’s pseudoscience and has very limited usage yet” I also clearly stated “ Ridiculous claims are made for it “ 
    I can Google any of the current books products on such and show how greatly the claims are exaggerated 

It's wise to acknowledging the limitations of something, all things in life are limited. You'd rather have polygraphs for example, but even these are limited and can be manipulated by people. Acknowledging the limitations of body language is not me agreeing with your assumptions that it has no functional value for us. 

I never said it had no value so you’re actually inventing a straw man here 

You present body language as something that is irrelevant and has no value, this is what I strongly disagree with. 

Again I said it was limited 

Body language is very important, whether you realize this or not, it's a major contributor to us building trust with others, have an idea on how to relate, or give us an indication on how the other is feeling amongst many other things. 

It’s still very limited tell me what exactly do you know about complete strangers by their body language ? 

Incidentally I used to work as full time mentalist / magician and can accurately read people very well it’s how I made my living and body language never came into it 

To answer your question about knowing what others are thinking or feeling:
    I want you to think about yourself and your loved ones here. Imagine someone that is angry, you know what that looks like. 
    Because of what you see on their face/body, you know that they are angry, you might have an idea of why they are angry (someone spilled coffee on their favorite t-shirt for example). Body language does not tell you exactly what people are thinking, nor does it tell you exactly what they are feeling, but it gives you a good indication/idea of what those feelings or thoughts
     could be, and enables you to act appropriately - you have just gained valuable information through body language, and this is one small example of it's worth to humanity.

That is extremely basic and as I said limited I know a man who once in a while gets into explosive rages and you would never know until he cuts loose he’s extremely cool when angry.

I also asked you to test my claim using the coin test and tell me how you get on bet you cannot get close to 10 out of 10 would you say that’s limited? If not why not? 

Also if you wish to believe as you do I don’t have a problem with that my opinion differs and isn’t that always the way with these issues?
  • maxxmaxx 707 Pts   -   edited July 15
    Body language is not a science,  yet it is real and useful.  We all learn how to interpret signalsand signs from others from youth and as we age. It may change some from society to society,  but it works and it becomes automatic as one gains adulthood.  From the rebellious teen who sloches in his seat at school,  to the hooker on the street who sashsays and wiggles, and so on, body language is real and it is useful to the average person.  Law agencies use it as the profile.  Yes it does have limited value among organizations and such, however,  body language itself has huge value among society as a whole,  because everyone uses it. It is something that can't  really be taught,  its something that is learned. @Dee
    LiefieJean
    @Dee ;

Can we play poker sometime?
    Liefie
    @Dee
    It's been good exchanging ideas with you, but now where just going to go round in circles. 
    From what I gather, you take issue with the way body language has been revered in todays culture, and the extent to which it is actually effective - in your opinion, not so much. The other thing is that you take very specific examples, some of which belong to very controlled environments - FBI, coin toss, and one man - these are not good representatives of what we aim to do in our daily lives, specifically relations with others. 

In this discussion, my concern was not what so called "experts" say about body language, or how they try to monetize that "knowledge", nor is it about the degree to which body language is limited. My concern is it's usefulness in daily interactions with others. My point here is this, the cues we get from people's body language communicate important information. As a mentalist/magician you could tell whether people where interested in a particular performance you gave based on the feedback you got from their non-verbal cues, as a performer myself (speaker) - I think you can agree with me when I say that you can tell when a crowd is shocked, interested or surprised, solely based on the expressions (cues) you get. 

Earlier you mentioned how in different cultures there are different body language cues, understanding these cues is what's important. As an example, in one culture looking at someone in the eye while speaking is considered disrespectful, while in another, looking away is perceived as you trying to hide something, shy, deceptive etc. Understanding these cues within their respective contexts helps us navigate relationships better - not saying you'll always (100%) make the correct assumptions, but on average you'll have a good idea. 
    @Liefie

I agree and yes it’s also been good . As a former magician / mentalist I knew exactly when applause was coming as everything is geared to a climax otherwise the effect is worthless 

As I said and I stick with it , yes it has its uses but it’s extremely limited. The coin toss no offence but you missed what I’m getting at as in how hard is it to tell a liar , most humans are extremely good at it those that lie on a regular basis which in my experience is most, Can you tell when your closet is lying ? I cannot and we are together a long time test it out and tell me how you fare out ? Ask someone close to you yo tell you 3 things from their childhood and to lie about one and see how you fare out
  • DeeDee 4169 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta

Would love to don’t tell me you’re an expert at tells. Part of my previous life as a magician / mentalist was doing demonstrations of card cheating under fire so sure I’d play you anytime 
    Dee said:
    @CYDdharta

Would love to don’t tell me you’re an expert at tells. Part of my previous life as a magician / mentalist was doing demonstrations of card cheating under fire so sure I’d play you anytime 
    Oh, so you know body language is real.  
  • DeeDee 4169 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta

Oh, so you know body language is real.  

Ehh yes which is why I said it’s limited 
  • DeeDee 4169 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Oh dear you totally misunderstand what I’m saying , body language is extremely limited take my examples as in telling accurately when someone is lying 

My claim remains any book or product about body language makes sweeping claims which are utter Bull , we can all tell if someone shakes a fist at you there’s a good chance they’re angry at you etc , etc I’m not talking about this I’m talking about the claims made for it which are grossly exaggerated 
  • maxxmaxx 707 Pts   -  
    I’m sure in any book as such there probably are some wild ideas, however there is probably a lot of truth in the same book. Conjecture about how to tell if someone is lying can be hard to judge for basically what they are seeing is nervousness. What the body reflects is emotions and desires and such, not content of thought such as lies@Dee
    Jean
  • DeeDee 4169 Pts   -  
    @maxx

As I say it’s (to me) very limited . I remember body language experts were asked to read whether Trump was lying going on several of his speeches 3 experts all totally disagreed with each other , body language works at a very basic level after that it’s useless

Have you seem the amount of books on poker tells over the years ? They sold in the millions yet of all the people I know who read and studied them none of them gained any significant advantage 
  • maxxmaxx 707 Pts   -  
    I agree body languagedoes not she lies, howeverit can sbow emotions that pop up when lying such as nervousness or shame  yes people can hide such language if tgey pay attention to what they are doing.  However,  the average person does not, and we all subconsciously read peoples body language ..@Dee
  • DeeDee 4169 Pts   -  
    @maxx

However,  the average person does not, and we all subconsciously read peoples body language .

I agree but I don’t think we are very good at it besides the basics , I know a guy who’s wife was cheating on him and he hadn’t a clue , she was adept at deception and lying.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 3946 Pts   -  
    Body language is a tool allowing humans to enhance their message and express it in an intricate manner. I am not sure what calling it "pseudo-science" would imply: it is a fact that a lot of our communication is non-verbal, and it directly follows that mastering one's body language allows one to become a better communicator.

Where people do frequently make a mistake is in assuming that body language is some kind of a super-tool that allows you to convince anyone of anything. Even the best car salesmen know that most clients that come to them will leave having bought nothing. Body language can only make a real difference when interacting with hesitant buyers, of which there is a minority. So the difference between a car salesman with absolutely perfect body language, and one with absolutely horrendous one, may be 10-20% of extra sales, but it is not going to be 100-200%. Nor is it going to be 0%.
    Happy_Killbot
  • maxxmaxx 707 Pts   -   edited July 15
    i can not agree that is a tool so to speak, perhaps those in certain professions may use it as a tool; however it is a natural part of how humans interact with one another@MayCaesar
    @maxx

It is both. Communication is not full without body language, it is true (and this is one of the reasons why conversations online feel so different from conversations face-to-face). But body language is not something we automatically use; it can be controlled, harnessed and used to one's advantage. It can often play a decisive role in a given situation. The difference between a CEO of a company with poor body language, and the same CEO of the same company with excellent body language, can be dramatic and mean the difference between stagnation and rapid growth of the company's assets.

When I took acting lessons, we were always taught that body language makes characters alive. You can deliver Emperor Palpatine's lines in a monotonous voice in a static posture, and they will have no emotional effect on anyone. Or you can assume his posture, imagine what it is like to be him, "immerse yourself in his body" - and, if you do it well enough, you can deliver his lines in a way that will make the skin of people around you crawl.

Again, the importance of body language should not be exaggerated; it is not everything. Your message must still be powerful for it to have an effect on your listeners. Body language is more like improvization in music: you can play the Moonlight Sonata in many different ways, and while the core content will always be the same, the effects of your play may differ dramatically between performances.

What I found in my experience is that body language cannot be forced; it has to emerge naturally. You can put yourself in a proper emotional state and let your body flow, so to speak, which leads to the most effective body language. What many people do is they try to perform specific movements, follow some algorithm, so to speak, and that always looks unnatural. Body language should be generated on the subconscious level, but the mental and emotional state it can be generated in must be created consciously. 
    I make excellent Ace Ventura impersonations, but I do not try to imitate every action he takes. Instead I imagine what it feels like to be him and make myself feel like it; then the body language comes out naturally.
  • maxxmaxx 707 Pts   -  
    the average individual onthe street who has no reason to hide the way they feel, their body languange can be easy to intepret in most cases. you say it is not automatic however, picing up cues as to how one is behaving or feeling is second nature and something that we learn from a youth and subconsciously perfect as we grow older. in the absence of speech and other form of communication such as sign languange, body languange can easily take the place; this is communication at its earlies and what all lower animals do @MayCaesar
    @maxx

It is not that simple. Most people in most social situations experience some degree of discomfort, anxiety and stiffness; their body language is constricted and unexpressive. A more unconstrained version of it comes out of tipsy/drunk people, but they have a different problem: their control over their body is limited, and the body language that comes out is sluggish and overly wavy.

One of the essential skills every actor and professional public speaker, and many salesmen, lawyers and so on learns is the ability to "let go" of these constrictions. There are many techniques on how to do it, but they all come down to the same thing: partial detachment from the outcome of the situation and living in the moment, so to speak.
    Then the body language becomes free, flexible and expressive. It is a skill, but a very particular type of skill; I would compare it to learning cycling. When you first hop onto a bicycle, you try to control every motion of it and fail. Eventually you relax into it, make the bicycle a continuation of your body, in a sense, and suddenly you can cycle. It is not a sustained effort, but, rather, the ability to relax into the situation. 

So, yes, body language, to a great extent, is automatic - but most people also subconsciously hold it back. It constantly tries to come out naturally, but runs into the wall of artificial stiffness. This is why very few people become great public speakers or actors. Everyone can speak well; everyone can train to be confident on stage; everyone can perform any motion a public speaker or an actor needs to perform... But few people can do it naturally, in a non-forced manner. And to be able to do so, one needs to work on their body language consistently.
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1037 Pts   -  
    @maxx
    i tend to agree that it has value, yet it is listed as a peusdo science@Liefie

Pseudo science.......... according to the wacko websites that you have a propensity for visiting.

Even then, just because it isn't listed as a science, does that make it a pseudo science? A: No it doesn't. 

• SwolliwSwolliw 1037 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta

Yes, but the only thing is that when it is your turn to put a card down, you must do so. You can't just skirt around the issue and refuse to put down a card or simply fold each time it's your turn. Unless you want to be a loser.

• CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1621 Pts   -   edited July 16
    Swolliw said:

Yes, but the only thing is that when it is your turn to put a card down, you must do so. You can't just skirt around the issue and refuse to put down a card or simply fold each time it's your turn. Unless you want to be a loser.

ꞶͲƑ are you going on about?  Here's a tip; try to make sense when you post.
  • maxxmaxx 707 Pts   -  
    well according to all of the sites ive seen, it is listed as a puesdo science, which only means that it is not a studied science . at least i am capable of making actual topics rather than the anti-religious jokes you play with.. if you wish to actually read my original topic question and answer it, feel free.  dont come here making insults@Swolliw
  • DeeDee 4169 Pts   -   edited July 16
    @maxx

well according to all of the sites ive seen, it is listed as a puesdo science, which only means that it is not a studied science . 

I’m sorry no that’s not what pseudoscience means at all , a pseudoscience is a collection of beliefs or practices not based on the scientific method 

I wish you would stop repeating this as it’s simply not true 

pseudoscience
    /ˈsjuːdəʊˌsʌɪəns/
    noun
    1. a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on the scientific method

I’ve absolutely no doubt you will disagree with accepted definitions so here’s another piece from WIKI that explains rather well exactly what pseudoscience is ……

Pseudoscience consists of statements, beliefs, or practices that claim to be both scientific and factual but are incompatible with the scientific method. Pseudoscience is often characterized by contradictory, exaggerated or unfalsifiable claims; reliance on confirmation bias rather than rigorous attempts at refutation; lack of openness to evaluation by other experts; absence of systematic practices when developing hypotheses; and continued adherence long after the pseudoscientific hypotheses have been experimentally discredited.
  • maxxmaxx 707 Pts   -   edited July 16
    yep,,  it has not been studied as a science. if it was studied as a science, then it would not be a collection of false beliefs.  it does not mean that it does not exist or that it is useless..  consider word enunciation; how one expresses them selves by how they pronounce words, how certain emphisis on words changes the way you are speaking.  this is not a science, however without it it would be much harder to communicate with each other.  the sentence " get over here" can be pronounced in many ways, each way representing a different type of meaning.  @Dee
  • DeeDee 4169 Pts   -  
    @maxx

As I predicted you deny and dispute what pseudoscience actually means and it will come as a great surprise to the scientists at Stanford that they have never carried out studies on it …..as usual debating with you is worthless you deny what’s factually true then make up stuff as you dig deeper and deeper same ole,  same ole
    i know what it is.  what i am saying is that body languange should be a science and it would be a science if it was studied and tested; because body languange is real and it is.  a form of communication used by humans and animals alike . @Dee
  • DeeDee 4169 Pts   -  
    @maxx

I know what it is 

So why did you disagree with the definition then?

what i am saying is that body languange should be a science and it would be a science if it was studied and tested; because body languange is real and it is. 

“Should be “ isn’t how  science works and there have been hundreds of studies none of them assert its “science” 

• maxxmaxx 707 Pts   -  
    So. Like I said, neither is how we express ourselves with word enunciation. It doesn’t mean that is false anymore than body language is. You seem to pick up on the absurdities of something and ignore the fact. Body language is a form of communication and has strong value among and with in society, or it would not exist. If you can prove otherwise then show some. Considering that it is part of our evolutionary behavioral, it should be a science. The only reason it is not, is because it is based upon psychology @Dee
    @maxx

Maxxs claim is …..  it is listed as a puesdo science, which only means that it is not a studied science . 

Maxx does not understand what pseudoscience is despite being told 3 times …..

pseudoscience
    /ˈsjuːdəʊˌsʌɪəns/
    noun
    1. a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on the scientific method

You seem to pick up on the absurdities of something and ignore the fact

Incorrect stop lying , I said body language is limited that’s a fact 

. Body language is a form of communication and has strong value among and with in society, or it would not exist. If you can prove otherwise then show some.

Stop inventing straw men I said it’s limited and a psuedoscience that’s a fact 

Considering that it is part of our evolutionary behavioral, it should be a science.

No it shouldn’t and it’s not because it has no scientific validity 

The only reason it is not, is because it is based upon psychology 

Absoulute nonsense 

Body language is only limited to the degree an individual uses it.  As well I understand the definition, you just are not able to understand what my reply means. It is only a pseudo science, a collection of mistaken facts because and I repeat because it has not been studied by science. Read it until you understand it. Now tell me , what collection of mistaken facts does body language have other than the one we agree on which was telling if one is lying. As for it not being based upon psychological behavior, you
     are strongly mistaken @dee
    @maxx

. It is only a pseudo science, a collection of mistaken facts because and I repeat because it has not been studied by science.

It has been studied by science as I’ve told you several times , do some research and it’s classified as a pseudoscience because of the reasons I stated 

Why do facts upset you?

Read it until you understand it. 

I do understand so does science it’s why we classify it a pseudoscience 

Now tell me , what collection of mistaken facts does body language have other than the one we agree on which was telling if one is lying. 

What do you not comprehend about basic terminology as in the term pseudoscience?

As for it not being based upon psychological behavior, you
     are strongly mistaken 
    @dee

I didn’t say such I said your claim as to why it is not deemed a science is nonsense 

In debate,  one backs up the claims with valid links. You are all over the board here. Fine, i agreed several times that it was not a science.  Now, all you are doing is claiming your own authority.  I said considering that body language is part of evolution,  it should be considered a science,  you said no.  Ok. Why? Why shouldn'tsomething that is part of evolution be considered as a science when it clearly goes way back before primates existed .  It is a type of language all animals understand.   Another question you keep dodging is why the value of body language is limited@Dee
  • DeeDee 4169 Pts   -  
    @maxx

In debate,  one backs up the claims with valid links.

Why don’t you do it then ? My claim is BL is limited you science and I agree and it’s a pseudoscience you agree on this also 

You are all over the board here

I’m not I’m claiming it’s not a science you agree , I’m claiming it’s limited you agree so what are your arguing about?

Fine, i agreed several times that it was not a science. 

At last like pulling teeth

Now, all you are doing is claiming your own authority.  

I’m not , I’m stating a fact why does that make you so annoyed? Your ego has you all puffed up looking for a fight why?

I said considering that body language is part of evolution,  it should be considered a science,  you said no.  Ok. Why? Why shouldn'tsomething that is part of evolution be considered as a science when it clearly goes way back before primates existed .  It is a type of language all animals understand. 

I told you why ages ago its there in the definition from WIKI and the definition of pseudoscience , you’re trolling now as you’re not even reading responses

Another question you keep dodging is why the value of body language is limited@Dee

Thats the first time you asked it so please stop lying , you admitted with others it was limited and you’re asking me why I and science think it’s limited yet you agree WOW ! You’re definitely trolling 

BTW there are no “mistaken facts “ only facts bet you dispute the definition of facts? 
    look. i understand that you 'brits' may not be used to american word usage and such, which is why i tend to ask over and over again to help you better understand. i asked why it should not be considered a science when it is part of our evoulionary background;  your answer, is to read the definition of pseudo scienceis not a valid answer.  so, pretend that I am as dumb as you think that i am and answer in your own words as to why body languange should not be considered a valid science when it is part of evolution. why you are at it explain as what type of collection of mistaken facts does body languange have, because your earlier answer was burt a question.  as well you asked for a valid link so here is one, upon the origins and value of body languange; in which wven though you asked for a link, you will not read.  Skills Converged > Origins of Humans and Body Language @Dee
    @maxx

I’m not a Brit you troll , I’ve corrected you several times yet you persist in trolling , what’s your problem you agree it’s not a science you agree it’s a pseudoscience so you’re just sulking now 

If you’re not as dumb as you claim how come you still don’t understand despite being told several times that it does not follow the scientific method which is why it’s not nor ever will be considered a science , I’m really trying to make allowances for you being that type of American that believes creationism , astrology and remote viewing are actually science , your educational standards are appalling 
  • maxxmaxx 707 Pts   -  
    answer the questions  hiow hard is it.  correcting me as you put it, is claiming your own authority.  answer the questions. that is what a debate is all about.  i have asled ity over and over again. good god.  its right there in english. why should it not be considered a science when it is part of evolution?  are you not capable of answering?  all you have said so far was it has limitedd value( only reason cause it's hard to tell if someone is lying) and you have given me the definiton of pseudo science.  thats all!  the rest is just double talk. aswer the questions@Dee
  • maxxmaxx 707 Pts   -  
     you have not said anything. you keep dodging the questions. i guess all the welsh are that way, i dont know. all you have said so far, was body languange has limited value becaue you really cant tell if someone is lying and you also gave me the definition of pseudo science. that is all the rest is double talk. everytime i ask a question you claim you answered it. your answers are just more questions. cant you scots do it correctly? i her now ask the following for everyone to see. answer them logically and in your own words. why should not body languange be considered a science when it is part of evolution? what limited value the it have? what are the mistaken facts about body languange that makes it a pseudo science? are you capable  of answering these in your own words?@Dee