frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should US social media giants allow the legitimately of Taliban, or should government choose 4 them?

Debate Information

Facebook/whatsapp/Twitter/Tick tock and others have made their own decisions regarding the Taliban and whether or not they will allow official Taliban websites on their platforms. Some of them, like Facebook, have outright banned any pro-Taliban accounts, and have treated them like an international terrorist organization, while others are only vetting violent rhetoric and hate speech. So, as long as the Taliban doesn't post hate rhetoric and calls for violence, they can appear on some US social media platforms. 

This could be a good thing to allow the Taliban to post on social media sites, and possibly (it's at least conceivable) that it could influence policy in Afghanistan. Perhaps the Taliban has the desire to seem like a 
legitimate government instead of a terrorist organization.             

This one has the ability to get kind of strange because we may find people arguing against ideals they normally argue for, and vise versa. It also has the potential of being totally ignored, but I won't be sad because I still have my cats. As long as their ok, I'm good. 
  1. Live Poll

Allow Taliban to post on US social media?

4 votes
    1. Yes. It may influence the Taliban and make them act more legitimate.
      25.00%
    2. No. They are a terrorist organization.
      75.00%
  2. Live Poll

Should big tech be allowed to choose for themselves to allow Taliban on their sites?

4 votes
    1. Yes. it's their platform, and free market business is a US value al9ng with free speech.
      75.00%
    2. No. Big tech can influence foreign policy and are ambassadors of the US.
      25.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments