frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Was I Wrong?

Debate Information

I made a vow, and sad to say, I am finding it challenging to live up to it.
You see, it has always been a Christian argument that the reason to hate homosexuals is because 'the Bible says so". I gots to thinking that, since many passages are interpreted in many different ways, there must be something in the Bible that can be interpreted to infer that homosexuality, specifically, is okay....unconditionally. 
Well, blow me down if it hadn't gone past midnight and I still hadn't found anything (except for the attached essay that did not measure up to the title one little bit) so I gave up and went to bed.

So, can anyone find anything in the Bible that comes remotely close to being interpreted as condoning homosexuality?

Swolliw 1068 Pts   -  10:51AM
@JeffreyBlankenship
God never said such thing since there is no God and there is not one Skerik of evidence to indicate otherwise. 
Homosexuality isn't wrong because it's unnatural, it is wrong because God said it was. He creates all law.

I have always (and always will, until it changes) decried religion for fostering hatred towards others amongst its followers. Instead of helping those with phobias (e.g., homophobia) Churches encourage its members to accept their hatred and go on further to say that it is ok because God says so.

I'm going to do some research on this one, so stay posted. I'm sure that there are passages in the Bible that "say" homosexuality is okay and that it is wrong to vilify homosexuals. There will be a thread coming real soon, mark my word.....that will certainly stir things up.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments