Is the Chinese Government Being Fair on Kids? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is the Chinese Government Being Fair on Kids?

Debate Information

It has been announced by the Chinese authorities that children (under eighteen) will be restricted to gaming on the internet for an hour only per night on Fridays to Sundays and on public holidays.
Is this fair on kids and should it be a matter for the government to be concerned with in the first place?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• BlastcatBlastcat 403 Pts   -  
    not a bad idea

Some kids don't wanna do their homework
    John_C_87Dee
  • It's a fallacy for the idea is not a consistent good any gain comes at a cost when regulating personal time at liberty. Homework that is not work associated with living in the home itself is not homework. Job training is work placing in the class does not change that fact.
  • Job training as work placed in the classroom does not change the basic nature of work and workloads.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 4244 Pts   -   edited October 2021
    My parents used to enforce a similar rule when I was a kid: first we with my brother were allowed to spend no more than 30 minutes per day in front of computer. Then it was increased to an hour. Then both my parents became employed... guess what happened: I would return from school and play all the way until they came back home late in the evening. Them depriving me from my favorite hobby led me to only get more in love with this hobby, and I play computer games regularly to this day, far more than I probably should (then again, who, if not me, is to decide how much I "should" play?).

Limits/prohibitions like this are highly impractical and tend to have the reverse effect. As for them being "fair" or not... I do not even fully understand what this means. "Fair" in what sense? A kid playing video games does not bother anyone, so there is no fairness or unfairness to talk about, as the category of fairness applies to interaction between multiple individuals and its outcome - it does not really apply to separate individuals doing their own thing in isolation.
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1328 Pts   -   edited October 2021
    @Blastcat
    not a bad idea
    Some kids don't wanna do their homework

Quite right but isn't the concept of homework that it be done at home in a home environment....therefore it is up to the parents to discipline their kids or limit their internet.

What next with China....the one child policy was a disaster and now that only child is being told what to do by the state in his or her home.

• It might be important to understanding the cultural difference of a Chinese government as a communist political process. The government is providing military liberty to the parents of the children as a chain of command. At the same time, a legal precedent is providing the same liberty of a chain of command to the children. ?? I don't believe the Chinese government is being unfair to the Asian children of china as they search for answers to public welfare concerns. 
  • @Swolliw

.the one child policy was a disaster and now that only child is being told what to do by the state in his or her home.

Based on the basic principle of constitutional rights the one-child policies of china were not the disaster. The international connection created legal by pregnancy abortion was and still is a disaster. Again, we can debate over female-specific amputation is in no way the violation of privacy that is pregnancy abortion. That as a medical treatment it is the more perfect union created between all women that equality is to be formed or based.

I would argue SwoIIiw it is, it was the long-term religious interference of missionaries, education, and human rights advocates that may have resulted in the mistake of legal termination on grounds of immigration or risk to wellbeing having been mislabeled as simple pregnancy abortion. Untrue coaching. The mistakes of, if any issues culturally on the one-child policy are on the Chinese people themselves as a united state of law, not the communist people's republic of china hence the name, Peoples Republic of China.

Though my studies are private, and not without grievance in general, in fact by any means complete to Asian history, the rural size of china and the nature of much of the terrain made female-specific amputations much more socially applicable in scattered social groups as a form of herbal studies. At this point, the conduct might be evidence of constitutional recognition of truth in the importance of general public privacy. More specifically a lottery-type system that might have been connected to the gender of birth and any necessary terminations of immigration. 

I am interested in the basic principle "will be restricted to gaming on the internet." As with other gaming, in general, be it technological or simplistic natural are not detailed." effects of parenting studies are always a rather shall we say entertaining pursuit to liberty of happiness?