What Is Meant By the "Trilogy"? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What Is Meant By the "Trilogy"?

Debate Information

In reality, there are three facets of religion............

*Dividing people
Whether through war or family disputes, religion can be extremely divisive instead of keeping people together as it tries to make out it does.

*Controlling people
If you look at the history of religion, it clearly shows that it is an institution constructed by those in power to take advantage of the highly superstitious nature of those who were ill-educated and ignorant.

*Deluding people
This is quite debatable really. We could argue that anyone who believes in God was deluded in the first place (despite God) or that a person actually became deluded through being programmed by supernatural misinformation.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
33%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1711 Pts   -  
    Thanks for demonstrating so succinctly that Leftism is a religion.
    Blastcat
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1209 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta
    Thanks for demonstrating so succinctly that Leftism is a religion.

If anything I think that religion is by and large, leftist. Leftist people I find are the more creative sort who will usually take things at face value which is why they won't (or don't want to) objectively look at what religion and belief in God really are....they accept it as part of their "leftist" way of thinking. 

I'm not knocking leftism, in fact, I think the standard of quality of basket weaving and number plate stamping has improved quite dramatically in recent times.

• Luigi7255Luigi7255 352 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta

The same can be said for Rightism.

"Dividing people"

Adam Kinzinger, a Republican representative of Illinois, got hate messages from his family for not denying the results of the election.

"Controlling people"

If you take one look at what the average Republican looks like, you can see that they have flags on nearly everything, a political sign demonizing Democrats, and, guess what, a Trump sign.

"Deluding people"

The Big Lie from Trump in 2020 proves this point easily.
    Blastcat
    "I will never change who I am just because you do not approve."
    Luigi7255 said:

The same can be said for Rightism.

The same could be said about any group, just inaccurately as you're attempting to do here.

"Dividing people"

Adam Kinzinger, a Republican representative of Illinois, got hate messages from his family for not denying the results of the election.
    That isn't dividing people, that's an example of someone excluding himself.  Dividing people is more like the left's reliance on identity politics.

"Controlling people"

If you take one look at what the average Republican looks like, you can see that they have flags on nearly everything, a political sign demonizing Democrats, and, guess what, a Trump sign.
    Once again, that's a poor attempt at an example.  The signs they have are primarily about liberty, the opposite of controlling people.  Mask and vaccine mandates are an example of controlling people.

"Deluding people"

The Big Lie from Trump in 2020 proves this point easily.
    ...and another failed example.  Pointing out the fraud of the 2020 election is the opposite of deluding people.

Luigi7255Blastcat
  • Luigi7255Luigi7255 352 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta

Thank you for proving my third point. Tell me exactly why the first one isn't an example, even though it is evidence that Trump clearly caused this DIVIDE in his family. Tell me exactly why the last one isn't an example, like how they've DELUDED people into believing trans people are creeps and that climate change isn't real.
    Blastcat
    @Luigi7255

Some day you'll wake up on the third point.  (You probably have already, just won't admit it)  Pres. Trump didn't cause the divide, that was Kinzinger's fault.  He should have put the interests of the people he represents above his fealty to the Establishment.  Trans aren't creeps, they're confused, very confused.  The climate is always changing.
    Luigi7255Blastcat
  • Luigi7255Luigi7255 352 Pts   -   edited October 12
    @CYDdharta

Some day you'll wake up on the third point. (You probably already have, just won't admit it) Rep. Kinzinger didn't cause the divide, that was Trump's fault. He already did put the interests of the people he represents above his fealty to the "Establishment". Oh wait, Trump said "gay people are fine" yet allowed his administration to allow providers to deny people health care because of a religious exemption and barred trans military service under the guise of "saving money". And, there was a meeting (funded by oil companies btw) where the opening line was: "I enjoy talking about climate change... because I enjoy talking about insanity." So, let me ask again, why are those examples wrong? Because you, clearly, cannot determine what is right and wrong.
    Blastcat
  • exconexcon 279 Pts   -   edited October 12
    Swolliw said:

What Is Meant By the "Trilogy"?

Hello S:

It's when Sally and Jane join me in the hot tub.

excon
    Blastcat
  • maxxmaxx 768 Pts   -   edited October 12
    again as i have told you before, stop generalizing.  many very intelligent people, including many scientists have shown a belief in god@Swolliw
    Blastcat
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1209 Pts   -  
    @maxx
    again as i have told you before, stop generalizing.  many very intelligent people, including many scientists have shown a belief in god

And there are "many" intelligent people and "many" scientists who are nit-wits and are deluded. 

Is that being a bit more specific?

Luigi7255 said:
    Rep. Kinzinger didn't cause the divide, that was Trump's fault. He already did put the interests of the people he represents above his fealty to the "Establishment". 
    Meh, nah.  Kinzinger is an Establishment lackey that cares not a whit about the non-donors he represents.  The Establishment that he represents certainly doesn't, the Biden administration has already made that abundantly clear.

Oh wait, Trump said "gay people are fine"
    Has he??  I can't find that anywhere, though he did say  of gay marriage “It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean it’s done. These cases have gone to the Supreme Court. They’ve been settled. And I’m fine with that.”

yet allowed his administration to allow providers to deny people health care because of a religious exemption
    "Allowing providers", that's expanding civil liberties.  The alternative, forcing providers, is "controlling people", that's the left's baliwick.

and barred trans military service under the guise of "saving money".
    Trans were not banned, they were allowed to serve as their actual sex.  It's not all that much different than the 0bama and current Biden bans where trans are allowed to serve as their preferred gender only after they've fully transitioned.

And, there was a meeting (funded by oil companies btw) where the opening line was: "I enjoy talking about climate change... because I enjoy talking about insanity."
    Was there?!?  There's another quote I can't seem to find.  I'm rather skeptical about this one because no one really likes talking about insanity.

So, let me ask again, why are those examples wrong? Because you, clearly, cannot determine what is right and wrong.
    Perhaps if you ever improve to the point where you can face reality, you'll understand the concepts of right and wrong.
  • Luigi7255Luigi7255 352 Pts   -   edited October 13
    @CYDdharta

"Meh, nah.  Kinzinger is an Establishment lackey that cares not a whit about the non-donors he represents.  The Establishment that he represents certainly doesn't, the Biden administration has already made that abundantly clear."

Lol, you really think that he was "giving in to the 'establishment'"? Trying to convince you is essentially trying to convince a brick wall to move.

"Has he??  I can't find that anywhere, though he did say of gay marriage 'It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean it’s done. These cases have gone to the Supreme Court. They’ve been settled. And I’m fine with that.'"

He did, but, this is on the LGBT rights in the United States article on Wikipedia.

Donald Trump opposed expanding LGBT rights. As President, he rolled back LGBT rights and appointed anti-LGBTQ officials. He opposed the Equality Act, which has been one of the highest priorities of LGBTQ rights groups since same-sex marriage was enacted by the Supreme Court. Long before his 2016 campaign, Trump opposed the legalization of same-sex marriage; during his 2016 campaign, he pledged to appoint anti-LGBTQ Justices to the Supreme Court. His administration banned transgender people from serving in the military and attempted to legally redefine gender to erase transgender people and undermine nondiscrimination protections for transgender, non-binary, and intersex people.

His administration argued before the Supreme Court that Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 does not protect gay or transgender Americans from discrimination (though the Court ultimately decided in favor of LGBT rights in this matter). His Cabinet rolled back non-discrimination requirements for homeless shelters, allowing them to discriminate against homeless transgender youth. His Education Secretary, Betsy DeVos, rolled back protections for LGBTQ students. The Trump administration sought to enable healthcare discrimination.

All LGBTQ references were removed from the websites of the White House, Department of State, and Department of Labor minutes after Trump took office. Trump did not allow refugees to enter the country on the basis of their fleeing from LGBTQ-related discrimination. Trump was the first President to speak at the Value Voters Summit hosted by the Family Research Council.
    The Family Research Council is an anti-LGBTQ group that is mainly known to try to "fix" LGBTQ people if you're wondering. And, to take on your point that forcing them to treat a patient is wrong, take this hypothetical situation into account. Say you're a doctor, the only doctor available in a 30-mile radius, and a gay person was shot in the chest and is bleeding out and can't make it for the 30-mile radius. You would've had the right to refuse to treat that person if it "violated your religious rights".

"Was there?!? There's another quote I can't seem to find"

Whose Vote Counts, Explained. 
    Episode 2: "Can you buy an Election?" A person as a part of his administration said that line.

Maybe you should actually pay attention to and understand what I say instead of trying to make new meanings to what I say.
  • @Swolliw

This is quite debatable really. We could argue that anyone who believes in God was deluded in the first place (despite God) or that a person actually became deluded through being programmed by supernatural misinformation.

In reality here you are making an assumption about people who in basic principle are holding themselves to a higher level of social law. The constitutional state of the union is in the lack of united state and not the number of religious variations between states to be held governed on how they interact with legislated law. 
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1209 Pts   -   edited October 14
    @John_C_87
    In reality here you are making an assumption about people

Not at all and, as you have been made aware several times I have clearly and succinctly backed up my assertion with facts and reason; it is not an assumption.

delusion [dɪˈluːʒ(ə)n] NOUN a false belief or judgment about external reality, held despite incontrovertible evidence to the contrary, occurring especially in mental conditions.

The belief in God or any supernatural phenomenon fits the definition perfectly since nobody has one bit of evidence as to such an external reality thereby making such a judgement false.Incontrovertable evidence as to the beginnings of life have completely overturned any reasonable idea of any notion as to creation. 

My assertion is not an assumption but an irrefutable fact. The fact that believers in God do not like such a fact, does not change it.

• Are they delusional or just a poor witness used to substantiate a mathematical axiom that may be beyond their understanding simple by necessity. A bad witness still has a purpose in a debate.
  • BlastcatBlastcat 261 Pts   -   edited October 14
    Argument Topic: The quite fallacious arguments from popularity and authority

@maxx

Hi, maxx!
    You have a really interesting conversation going on !

PREAMBLE TO MY ARGUMENT:

You wrote this:

" maxx    -  October 12 
    again as i have told you before, stop generalizing.  many very intelligent people, including many scientists have shown a belief in god@Swolliw "

MY ARGUMENT:

1. Just because someone intelligent or is a scientist believes X does not make X true. We would need justification as to why X is true, and not appeal to some authority. In their work, scientists don't study theology. They do study natural events. Being smart doesn't mean you have to be right. Studying science doesn't make you an authority on the nature of any god.

2. Just because a large amount of people believe that X is true doesn't make X true. It used to be that a large number of people believed that the sun rotated around the earth, and they were wrong.

3. Therefore, my dear Maxx, you have used two logical fallacies to make your point. And your point HAS to be guessed at, because although you have two premises, you don't have a conclusion. Yours is an example of a lousy argument, that fails on validity, and doesn't EVEN have a conclusion.

I would have a hard time making a better argument unless I were to ditch your two main ideas, and add an actual point to the argument.

Enjoy your debates !
    DeeSwolliw