frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Enforcement of the rules in here is almost nil so we have to "police" ourselves

Debate Information

1. I joined in September. In all that time, I have communicated with AaronG about all of the abuse of the rules in here.
2. In one instance, AaronG made an argument "disappear". That is the only case of an admin doing something about my reports. In fact, I had to use email to report it. My "Flags" have never been attended to. When I complained of harassment, I was told that cyber bullying never ever happens on this website. So, all my reports were a big honking waste of time. Since late September ( what took them so long? ) my emails and messages to AaronG have not been replied to.. I am truly on my own. I have started taking matters into my own hands. When i spot a violation of the web site's rules, I might point it out in public in the hopes that others will notice the abuse and might agree that abuses are known to derail otherwise honest conversations and debates.
3. Therefore, since we can't depend on this web site to police itself, the members should do that job. We can police ourselves, just like any other kind of leaderless group, and that is by consensus. The more people object to violations in public, the less violations will seem acceptable. Heck, we might even get them to stop shitting on people and just sticking to the actual topics of debate. The web site claims to be the best online debate experience of any debate website.  It can't be if it's infested with personal attacks. This isn't supposed to be like a drunken bar fight, this is supposed to be about elevated conversations. Not the lowest common denominator, but hopefully, striving for the best. If the web site wont enforce it's own rules, we can make up our own and enforce those. We don't have to re-invent the wheel, as the web site has a list of rules already in place, and YES, insults are not allowed.

Luigi7255DeePlaffelvohfen

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments