frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Isn't it a Shame?

Debate Information

shame: [ʃeɪm] NOUN a painful feeling of humiliation or distress caused by the consciousness of wrong or foolish behaviour.

There have been many threads posted on this site on the topic of theists having lower IQs than atheists. There have been also many links quoted on authoritative, well researched studies that indicate that indeed theists do have lower IQs.
Speaking from a personal level I can say that, if the situation were to be the converse (i.e. atheists have lower IQs than theists) I would check out the research for the benefit of my children and, if necessary, do something appropriate about it.

But, have we seen even one theist in this forum even comment on the subject, let alone offer constructive ideas on what should be done about it? Yes, there have been many comments, but each one diverts from the subject (e.g. "You are saying that theists are dumb"...which is not what anybody is saying) or attacks the subject or writer, again as a diversion to actually tackling what is a serious topic of concern.
https://debateisland.com/discussion/7737/do-theists-have-lower-iqs-than-atheists

I just think it is a shame that theists would rather stick their heads in the sand (or worse) rather than address a genuine concern raised about them.

Blastcat

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments