Is Jesus Christ Really Likely To "Return"? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is Jesus Christ Really Likely To "Return"?

Debate Information

Not likely.  Jesus Christ (if he existed at all) was not divine, supernatural, or magical.
PlaffelvohfenOakTownA

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• RickeyDRickeyD 901 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold ; Jesus said He would return, I believe Him.

Plaffelvohfen
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 306 Pts   -  
    RickeyD said:
    @JulesKorngold ; Jesus said He would return, I believe Him.

@RickeyD
    Lol
    Plaffelvohfen
    @JulesKorngold ;  You've hurt my "feelings" Jules....maybe DebateIsland should just be terminated? LOL...
    Argument Topic: Notice

@RickeyD
    You attack personally.  I attack your thinking, opinions, faith, and beliefs.  Can you understand the difference?
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 4676 Pts   -   edited May 17
    If he does return, I hope someone does this:

I am always up for a friendly run with a pack of cuddly sheep!
    OakTownA
    @JulesKorngold ; I am so hurt Jules....you're such a man.
  • pamelajohnson1pamelajohnson1 187 Pts   -  
    Not likely.  Jesus Christ (if he existed at all) was not divine, supernatural, or magical.
    Oh yes, He's coming. Soon.  I saw the blood moon last night.  I have never seen nothing like that before.  It didn't even look real.  There are wars and rumors of wars going on right now.  The pandemic.  People have stop wearing the mask, but covid is still out there. People just took the shots and do whatever the government says.  People are being groomed for the mark of the beast.  Keep an Eye on the government, because that is where Satan will reign from.
    PlaffelvohfenOakTownA
    Argument Topic: Really?

@pamelajohnson1 said:  Oh yes, He's coming. Soon.

Before the nuclear war?  Doesn't your Apocalypse include nuclear war?
    @pamelajohnson1 said:  Oh yes, He's coming. Soon.

Before the nuclear war?  Doesn't your Apocalypse include nuclear war?
    No
  • dallased25dallased25 303 Pts   -  
    @pamelajohnson1
    The "blood moon" has appeared many times all throughout history, lol. I guess now that since "Pam saw it"...must mean something! Believers are so narcissistic! Wars have gone on all throughout history as well, and yes, this is not the first pandemic, nor will it be the last. The end of the world has been predicated and screamed about for 2,000 years and predicated hundreds of times....yet we're still here. Some argue that the end times predicted in the bible were supposed to have happened within the generation of Jesus's direct disciples by the translations, but didn't. I think it is safe to say after thousands of years and the bible being proven less than reliable and mostly myth, than the J man isn't coming back! I'll make a prediction in fact that you will live the rest of your life and never see Jesus return. Even on your deathbed though, after the end times fail to produce in your life time, I'd bet you will still cling on to your beliefs...because you are scared of death. 
    JulesKorngoldPlaffelvohfenOakTownA
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 4676 Pts   -  
    pamelajohnson1 said:

Oh yes, He's coming. Soon.  I saw the blood moon last night.  I have never seen nothing like that before.  It didn't even look real.  There are wars and rumors of wars going on right now.  The pandemic.  People have stop wearing the mask, but covid is still out there. People just took the shots and do whatever the government says.  People are being groomed for the mark of the beast.  Keep an Eye on the government, because that is where Satan will reign from.
    The blood moon occurs all the time; it is a pretty easily explainable phenomenon.

There have been far more volatile times in the past. World Wars 1 and 2, or the Black Plague, for example. Where is your Jesus? :D
    JulesKorngoldOakTownA
    The end time is upon us.  Do you remember when there was no tv.  When people didn't even have an indoor toilet.  Tv was in black and white.  Finally got house phones.  They were riding horses, no cars.  The bible said knowledge will increase. I'm not a spring chicken and it is the first time I seen a blood moon. The end is near.allased25
    PlaffelvohfenOakTownA
    @pamelajohnson1
    A "blood moon" is not a mystery. It was well known about, what causes it and when it would happen. It's actually nothing more than a total lunar eclipse, but called a "blood moon", because of the color. The reason why it's referenced in the bible is because it was indeed witnessed in ancient times, because it happens regularly and in fact there will be another one this year on November 8th! Knowledge has been increasing since the dawn of mankind, that's absolutely nothing new and not a surprise since we are learning, thinking beings. The end is not near and just like all the predecessors over the past 2,000 years who constantly scream, "The end times are near" and were constantly wrong, you are as well. You being old apparently doesn't mean you are right, it just means you are ignorant that blood moons are nothing new or special and have happened thousands of times and you "not seeing it", has no bearing on the fact that they have been recorded by science, history and will happen again since it is a natural process that science has accurately measured and can predict with perfect accuracy. 
    PlaffelvohfenOakTownA
  • BoganBogan 168 Pts   -  
    2020 years now.   If he returns any faster He will break the sound barrier.
    dallased25OakTownA
    @JulesKorngold ; Jesus Christ will return to Mt. Olivette and establish His Millennial Kingdom in Jerusalem.

Plaffelvohfen
  • ethang5ethang5 256 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: It's Relative

The speed of the return depends on what a viewer considers a "long" time. From God's perspective, 2,000 years is a nano-second. And since He gave no date for His return, counting the time since His promise to return as "long" only highlights your human limitations.
    Jesus is not "likely" to return, He is certain to return.
    Plaffelvohfen
    ethang5 said:
    Jesus is not "likely" to return, He is certain to return.
    There is a thin line between faith and delusion.  You've crossed it.
    JoeKerrPlaffelvohfen
  • @JulesKorngold

When Jesus returns does that mean Christianity is about reincarnation? My honest concern is that Jesus is described as committing the identical sin's the fallen Angle Lucifer had undertaken. Placing himself between a rock and self-evident truth. GOD. It is not what and if it is how many times will humanity assume the role self-evident truth. Be it male or female.

@JulesKorngold

Do most people you talk to accept that as logic? Or does your logic come in only after the ad-hom?
    @John_C_87

When Jesus returns does that mean Christianity is about reincarnation? 
    How would that be a re-incarnation?
    Placing himself between a rock and self-evident truth. GOD.
    The Bible says Jesus IS God.
  • Bible said Jesus GOD

. No, the Bible never has in writing Jesus is GOD. It has people quoting Jesus say how is the only way to GOD. Not the same thing, many of the quotes place Jesus as a man in the same position as the fall angle Lucifer. For whatever that might mean. Being reborn is reicarnation.

@John_C_87

No, the Bible never has in writing Jesus is GOD.

Sure it does.

...many of the quotes place Jesus as a man in the same position as the fall angle Lucifer. 

I've read the Bible cover to cover and I've never seen such a verse. Could you quote one?

Being reborn is reicarnation.

Jesus is never reborn.

• @ethang5
    I've read the Bible cover to cover and I've never seen such a verse. Could you quote one?
    You pick a verse...
    You never made the connection?
    @John_C_87 @ethang5 ; Jesus is I AM (Exodus 3:14), Elohim (John 1; Hebrews 1; Colossians 1)...this is told you repeatedly and for proclaiming Himself as God, the Jews falsely accused Jesus of blasphemy, conspired with the Roman authorities to have Jesus murdered upon a tree while exclaiming that His blood be upon them and their children.

• @RickeyD

Jesus is what? A self made man?
    Jesus didn't proclaim himself GOD he is in vain placing himself in a political position withing the boundaries of religion. 2000 plus men had been put to death in the year of Jesus punishment.

• RickeyDRickeyD 901 Pts   -   edited May 30
    @John_C_87 ; Jesus proclaimed Himself God repeatedly and the Jews murdered Him for it. Read the Gospel of John, Chapter 8. Jesus created the Heavens and the Earth and your complex genome...could a simple "man" perform such a task (John 1; Hebrews 1; Colossians 1)?

• It is still Jesus told them...
  • maxxmaxx 954 Pts   -  
    wasnt the entire story of jesus borrowed from the life of apollonius? @RickeyD
    OakTownA
    @John_C_87

...many of the quotes place Jesus as a man in the same position as the fall angle Lucifer. 

You pick a verse...

From your mind? Sorry, I'm not omniscient.

You never made the connection?

Between reality and what's in your mind? No. But obviously you do.

Be well.

• RickeyDRickeyD 901 Pts   -   edited May 31
    @ethang5 @MAXX ;  Messiah's life was not "borrowed" from anyone and if you die in this life without Jesus as your Messiah, you will die in your sins and die in Hell.

Plaffelvohfen
  • OakTownAOakTownA 348 Pts   -  
    If he is returning, he is quite late!

"And he said to them, Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God after it has come with power.
    "Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place."
    "When they persecute you in one town, flee to the next, for truly, I say to you, you will not have gone through all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes."

• @ethang5
    Between reality and what's in your mind? No. But obviously you do. 

No between the similarities between how someone might portray themselves as GOD.

Although I can't say with 100% certainty that "Jesus won't return", I will say with 99.9999999999999999999999999999% confidence (I'd add more 9's, but don't want to run out of characters), that Jesus won't be returning based upon the evidence. The evidence that the events described associated with Jesus's life, especially the crucifiction, did not happen. That's based upon writings by 1st century historians like Philo of Alexandria, who lived during the entirety of Jesus's life and 25 years after and somehow not only missed him, but didn't even notice the walking dead incident, an earthquake, or any of the wide spread incidents that you'd think would merit at least one mention by anyone living at the time. Nope, instead you have non-eyewitness accounts, written 4-5 decades at a minimum after said incidents and recorded supposedly from 2nd and 3rd hand accounts. There's simply no reason at all to believe the biblical story surrounding Jesus, including details of his life, death and resurrection. It all seems to be a complete fabrication surrounding a real man, that was just a man and nothing special at all.