frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Deepak Chopra - World's smartest health guru, Con man, Delusional, or Other?

Debate Information

Deepak Chopra - World's smartest health guru, Conman, Delusional, or Other?

From the little bits I have looked at thus far I am drawn to him being nothing more than a con man that has acquired a current net worth of approximately $147 Million dollars mainly by exploiting the gullible, uneducated, and possibly even vulnerable. Now, the guy does actually come from an academic background, qualified in scientific subjects to a high level in physics, biology, chemistry, etc. And it seems that he uses his credentials to his advantage to exploit his victims. And he seems to be very good at this.

However, where Deepak Chopra fails ultimately is when he gets into debates with other scientists that actually know what they are talking about and even more so than him! Except that is not exactly true though in another sense is it? Now, I use to wonder why the hell would anyone of Deepak Chopra's caliber not care about making himself look pathetically retarded when having a debate with Sam Harris and Michael Shermer with an audience amongst some of the greatest scientific minds on the planet. I mean to these folks the bullish!t that Deepak comes out with is transparent on so many levels. But then it just clicked. Of course, if Deepak didn't do this then maybe the seeds of doubt would actually be put into the heads of his huge fan base, and they would actually start questioning whether he actually is for real or perhaps just a fraud.

What's more, is that all of this is entirely legal, at least in the good old USA. Sorry if this sounds like a dig to the USA but there does seriously seem to be an issue here with safeguards with respect to accreditation and professionalism in the United States. So, if you are ever thinking of getting rich quickly take a leaf out of Deepak Chopra's book and go to the USA, dream up some miracle health cures, pretend to be some expert in something, use a whole load of scientific jargon to make yourself sound more valid, manipulatively use appeals to emotion, choose your marks wisely I.E the suggestive and gullible, and then start promoting your sh!t; you will be rich! I am so glad this doesn't happen in the UK, at least not as often as it does in the US which seems to be all the time. Of course, frauds like these do sometimes slip through into the UK such as self-proclaimed nutritional scientist Gillian Mckeith (Non accredited Ph.D. later removed) and British anti-vaccine activist Andrew Wakefield (former physician, and discredited academic who was struck off from the UK medical register) but they usually get spotted very quickly and you never hear of them again, especially when they go around acting as if they are some kind of expert.

As for likes of people such as Gillian Mckeith, I guess I do kind of have a soft spot for these people. I mean at least they actually believed in what they were selling to the public and were not engaged in any kind of deception. I have no sympathy for evil people such as Deepak with a low moral compass that will do anything at any cost just to fulfill their ulterior agenda. Anyway, I am now going to leave this to you but before I do here are some interesting and as well as entertaining videos of Deepak.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments