frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What Is Your Driving Philosophy?

2»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6180 Pts   -  
    I believe that the ultimate goal of human life is happiness, and that, in turn, is built of a large number of small bricks, rather one enormous hammer. It is not those several grand decisions you make in your life that determine your success, but those gazillions of small decisions that move you towards or away from happiness.

As an illustration, when opening a thread like this and reading a few comments from mentally challenged individuals, one may be tempted to jump in and make a snarky comment. This small decision does not appear to have an immediate impact on your well-being, but it reinforces the pattern which pulls you towards negativity, so next time you are even more likely to jump in... and a few iterations later you are well on your way to becoming a psychopath like, well, certain posters here.
    Or you can choose to stay away from it. No excuses or explanations, just... move on. This action reinforces the opposite pattern of embracing positivity and constructivity.

One of the main transformational habits in my life was talking to strangers. Having severe social anxiety in the past and forcing myself to go outside and approach random strangers and talk to them within weeks turned my life upside down, and I went in a couple of months from feeling uncomfortable grocery shopping to organizing a K-pop concert at one of the main tourist landmarks in the US capital (I still know nothing about K-pop!). Approaching the first stranger and keeping the momentum going launched an avalanche of small personal victories in my brain and blew my confidence up exponentially. Looking back, it was just a long sequence of tiny steps, each a little bit more daring than the previous one.

So next time you choose whether to watch just that last small Youtube video before coming back to work you need to be doing, realize that this "one video" will become thousands of videos if you do not make this tiny sacrifice and close the tab. Speaking of which, time for me to get back to work... ;)
  • Luigi7255Luigi7255 695 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold

Unless the claim of antisemitism from Nomen can be proven, all you are doing is stamping out those you dislike.
    "I will never change who I am just because you do not approve."
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 865 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: 2nd Case

@Luigi7255
    I sent aarong Nomenclature's antisemitic posts.  I got RickeyD banned for antisemitism.

Hopefully Nomenclature too.   ;)
    @JulesKorngold

Again, if you don't prove it, it's hearsay.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Luigi7255

I don't know if you read this piece of hate from Kornfed

Flag

JulesKorngold 464 Pts   -  January 31

Argument Topic: You're Boring Me

@Nomenclature 

I'm gonna watch Israel bomb Gaza on the news.  Bye.

@Dee @JulesKorngold

Yeah, I've seen that one before. In fact, it seems there's more material for you to be reported rather than Nomen, since there is evidence you take some sort of pleasure from watching Palestinians getting bombed.
    Dee
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 865 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Proof

Luigi7255 said:
    @JulesKorngold

Again, if you don't prove it, it's hearsay.
    I convince Aarong - not you.
    @JulesKorngold

I asked for the evidence, you present it. Without such evidence, you seem like a crybaby who doesn't get their way in every debate.
    Nomenclature
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Luigi7255

You're spot every time he doesn't get his way he goes running to the man 
    Nomenclature