frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Emma Watson facing allegations of antisemitism after pro-Palestine Instagram post

Debate Information

OK, this article is a year old now, but I still thought it was outrageous:-

Actress Emma Watson is facing allegations of antisemitism after the star made a pro-Palestinian Instagram post on Monday.

The post consists of an image of a Palestinian protest with the words "Solidarity is a verb" overlaid on it.

The quote is from Sara Ahmed, an academic, and the full quotation is provided in the caption.

Watson's post has also garnered criticism and scrutiny from several Israeli politicians.

Danny Danon, the country's former ambassador to the United Nations, gave his thoughts on the post with one sentence on Twitter.

"10 points from Gryffindor for being an antisemite," he posted.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/emma-watson-facing-allegations-of-antisemitism-after-pro-palestine-instagram-post

Does anybody else find this ridiculous? Being charged with anti-Semitism for any criticism you make of the Israeli apartheid regime is bad enough, but now apparently you're an anti-Semite simply for showing solidarity with the Palestinians?

Why do the US and other major powers keep supporting these terrorists? That's what they are: state terrorists.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    The US is a s-it hole of a country where kiddies need armed guards to feel safe in school and these  idi-ts think this is normal , the bigger joke is they keep shrieking on  about their "superb" freedom of speech laws yet they you can say nothing without being censored , outed or worse losing a job all for failing to keep  in line with populist views 
    Nomenclature
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @Dee
    where kiddies need armed guards to feel safe in school and these  idi-ts think this is normal

That one really makes me shake my head in disbelief. Guns being used every day to mass murder schoolchildren? Right guys, what we need is more guns!

Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Nomenclature

Right guys, what we need is more guns!

F-cking I'd-iots , "hey man a gun is a tool " or as the raging nut May said "we don't have guns to feel safe but we need them to feel safer " utter loonies 

But thats Americans for you , they're like mini versions of Trump big talk , big egos and full of sh-t.

I was talking to two young ladies  from California today who openly admitted that Europeans perception of Americans as being not the sharpest tools in the box is mostly 100 per cent accurate as on their plane journey to Dublin they had to suffer a plane full of fellow Americans bellowing and braying utter nonsense about Eyeearland ( how they pronounce Ireland  ) and how they were one  or two per cent Eyearish on their grannies side 
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -   edited February 2023
    @Dee

F-cking I'd-iots , "hey man a gun is a tool " or as the raging nut May said "we don't have guns to feel safe but we need them to feel safer " utter loonies
    But thats Americans for you , they're like mini versions of Trump big talk , big egos and full of sh-t.

To be honest Dee, I see them as victims of a decades-long propaganda campaign designed to appeal to their own selfish instincts at the expense of reason. Once you legalise guns, violence becomes significantly more lethal than it needs to be. Bullets have no prejudice and they kill good people just as easily as they kill bad people. I see no reason to even own a gun in the first place unless deep down you fantasise about committing violence.

I think Americans have been trained to be outraged at the thought of people coming to "take their guns" as part of a mass media campaign by those who are making a literal killing from their sale and distribution. 

Dee