frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is Jewish a Race?

2»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -  
    @Dee

You’re the one arguing that the definitions of the State of Israel should be used, but as you admit they have taken no legislative position on what defines a Jew. 

The bodies that do makes decisions on this in Israel have contradictory and changing views, so as there is no single view of what a Jew is from the state of Israel - so which part of it should I supposedly believe over everything else in the world? The religious courts which give primacy to Orthodox Jews? The Supreme Court which recently ruled for expanded recognition of Progressive and Conservative Jews? And is it just the views as I they them now or each time a different set of policymakers changes the definition (There’s fear at the moment that they could roll back recognition of Non-orthodox Jewishness) does everyone else have to change their definition too?
    NomenclatureDee
    @Nomenclature

You THOROUGHLY DISHONEST CLOWN. The article you linked was written PRIOR to the judge making a ruling on the case. My article was written AFTER the ruling was made. Counsel had initially moved for the case to be dismissed, and the judge denied that request, prompting the WP's misguided headline. Your own article makes that abundantly clear, so there is absolutely no excuse for pretending otherwise, other than INTENTIONAL DISHONESTY on your part:-
    A lawyer for Louisiana College had asked that the case be dismissed, arguing Bonadona’s claim that his Jewish ancestry counts as race is implausible and has no basis in “law or jurisprudence.” Hornsby declined that request July 13, meaning the suit will likely move forward — depositions are slated to begin next week.

I don’t know how you’re still posting. I’m cringing on your behalf over how unable to string together a coherent argument or display basic reading comprehension you are.

You’ve already abandoned your original argument after making the absurd defence that writing in the third-person (where writing in the third person is normal and expected) makes any information untrustworthy.

Now your argument is that July 20th 2018 came before July 16th 2018. The opinion piece you are using as evidence clearly states when the ruling it talks about happened:

“Hornsby ruled July 16 in a civil case brought by Joshua Bonadona.”

My article also clearly states when it was written:

July 20, 2018”

If someone can’t write they’re illiterate. If they can’t do maths they’re innumerate. What do you call someone who doesn’t understand how dates work?

Nomenclature! Thanks folks, I’ll be here all week!

NomenclatureJulesKorngoldDeejack
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -   edited February 2023
    @Ampersand
    You’re the one arguing that the definitions of the State of Israel should be used

You're the one who has been contradicting yourself from the very first moment you opened your mouth. You've abused just about every logical fallacy in existence, and the entire basis of your argument is:-

A. You agree with the OP that Jews aren't a race. But:-

B. Jews are a race.

You've proven yourself someone not even worth arguing with, and I hope Dee figures that out before you waste any more of his time like you've wasted mine.

@Ampersand
    I don’t know how you’re still posting. I’m cringing on your behalf

Spare me your amateur level reverse psychology. You are a crookedly dishonest clown who has contradicted himself from his very first breath. 

or display basic reading comprehension 

The facts are absolutely clear about which of us needs to work on his reading comprehension. You somehow took an article entitled "Judge rules Jews aren't a race" to mean that Jews are a race. Then you tried to evidence it with another article which you didn't even bother to read. 

We've reached the stage where even you know you're wrong, hence why you've abandoned even the pretense of debate and are simply turning factual reality upside down. 

Now your argument is that July 20th 2018 came before July 16th 2018. 

You're a bona fide joke. Your lies aren't even offensive any more. I just find you funny.

A. The article I linked was written after the judge made his final ruling, on August 2nd 2018:-

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/judge-rules-judaism-not-race-jewish-people-can-be-targeted-ncna896806

B. The article you linked was written at the beginning of the case, one week after the judge agreed to hear the case, on July 20th 2018:-

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2018/07/20/louisiana-judge-says-jews-are-a-race-are-protected-by-anti-racial-discrimination-laws/

These facts are irrefutable. 

Indeed, you only found the second article because it was used as a source in the first article, so if the second article was written after the first, as you now -- rather hilariously, I must say -- are claiming, it would require the writer of the first article to have access to a TIME MACHINE.

Stop wasting my time you absolute dolt. 

Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited February 2023
    @Ampersand ;

You’re the one arguing that the definitions of the State of Israel should be used, but as you admit they have taken no legislative position on what defines a Jew. 

I don't want to appear to be condescending (having or showing an attitude of patronizing superiority.) but you're talking gibberish.

I never said the definitions "should be used " I said they are used in Israeli law , you're an appallingly dishonest individual

...but as you admit they have taken no legislative position on what defines a Jew. 

I admitted no such thing , you're lying and distorting because I corrected you several times , let's re-visit , here is your first deliberate lie and distortion I corrected you on .....

Firstly, Jew isn’t defined in any Knesset legislation. 

I know because that is not what Knesset legislation is about 

So your first lie totally failed and you just ploughed on with two new ones ......

The bodies that do makes decisions on this in Israel have contradictory and changing views, so as there is no single view of what a Jew is from the state of Israel - so which part of it should I supposedly believe over everything else in the world? The religious courts which give primacy to Orthodox Jews? The Supreme Court which recently ruled for expanded recognition of Progressive and Conservative Jews? And is it just the views as I they them now or each time a different set of policymakers changes the definition (There’s fear at the moment that they could roll back recognition of Non-orthodox Jewishness) does everyone else have to change their definition too?but as you admit they have taken no legislative position on what defines a Jew. 

I've covered your nonsensical assertions 6 times , you're preaching not debating

Here is what I said .......How did the Israeli Supreme Court define who is considered a Jew in regard to the law of return in the Rufeisen decision 1962?

In an administrative order used solely for their purposes, the Authorities defined a Jew as "any person who professes to be one and [who] has not embraced any other religion."

Secondly, why would I go by their definition rather than any other?

I'm not asking you to go by any definition , I keep telling you what this topic is about , you keep ignoring yet keep posting your opinion up which has nothing to do with it.

If you disagree with how Israelis define a Jew I suggest you get the next available flight there and explain your concerns and your preferred options which I think you're still very unsure of.

Everyone knows that if an individual American doesn't like a countries policies  that country will change the particular policy just so as not to anger Americans , let's know how you get on.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Ampersand

What do you call someone who doesn’t understand how dates work?

American.

Didn't your last 'dear leader 'state the revolutionary troops took over the airports in 1775 and Americans applauded en masse like demented seals at that 'brilliant' so American insight
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Nomenclature

You're wasting your time with this lunatic. He's intentionally dishonest, as my last post illustrates, and he's simply trying to warp the facts around what he wants to believe.

Hi Nom , I used to wonder how a nation could vote for and believe every word the id-otic Trump said , now I see why , it's because they are mainly a bunch of uneducated imbeciles if this site is anything to go by, it's like debating with Trumps extended family.

BTW I'm not saying all Americans but I do think a sizable amount.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Nomenclature

This guy is something else , I'm starting to think he's actually insane.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Dreamer

Yet, the majority of anti-Antisemitism comes from well meaning people who are just plain old ignorant via implicit bias.  

Well my advice to you is if you feel that strongly about it stop doing it.
    @Nomenclature

Yet another example of you raging because I have shown you to be wrong.

You claimed “The article you linked was written PRIOR to the judge making a ruling on the case. My article was written AFTER the ruling was made.”

The ruling as per your own source was July 16th: “Hornsby ruled July 16 in a civil case brought by Joshua Bonadona.”
    My article was written July 20th as per the byline.

So completely contrary to your claims, both articles were written after the ruling was made and your article is merely an opinion piece where the writer adds his own spin and gives no indication or evidence that the judge actually did rule that Jews are not a race.

Ironically the only mention about Jews not being a race in the article is the writer’s own opinion that there are no races, a point of view you are entirely unwilling to accept.
    @Dee

I never said the definitions "should be used " I said they are used in Israeli law , you're an appallingly dishonest individual
    So you don’t think these standards should be used and I can ignore all your posts talking about them as they will therefore have no bearing on the discussion?
  • DreamerDreamer 273 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Jews are a race created by the Spanish Inquisition.

Jews are a race created by the Spanish Inquisition.

"The first historical articulation of Judaism as a race was during the Spanish Inquisition. Even those who converted to Christianity, were still seen as polluted with impure bloodlines. Later the Nazis used pseudo-science to systematically dehumanize Jews and claim that there were identifiable racial features and a genetic propensity in Jews toward certain behaviors and beliefs.

The notion of Judaism as a “race” is a construct — one created by our enemies— to justify antisemitism, violence, and even genocide."

https://forward.com/life/455275/for-this-korean-american-rabbi-jewish-peoplehood-is-powerful-and-real-and/

This article proves that being Jewish is about race. Think of race as a verb, wealthy white people in the colony of Virginia in the late 1600's raced or racialized Black people. The Spanish Inquisition racialized Jewish people.

https://medium.com/message/how-white-people-got-made-6eeb076ade42

Race is a social construct created by enemies, usually white people. To deny that Jews are a race is to be colorblind and therefore racist. Denying the racist actions against the Jewish people. We need to be race conscious.

Nomenclature
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Ampersand

So you don’t think these standards should be used and I can ignore all your posts talking about them as they will therefore have no bearing on the discussion?

Dear oh dear I never said the definitions "should be used " I said they are used in Israeli law, you seem to be having an extremely difficult time following this simple concept, why's that?

Whatever I think has no bearing on what the Israeli state decided regarding who is Jew , this whole debate was  started by your fellow Americans (like you ) typically thinking that the state of Israel's opinion does not count on the matter as it seems Americans are the ones who decide who is and isn't a Jew.

It's truly tragic and pretty childish how Americans on here go into a petulant rage at the mere thought that they are "real Jews" because a cheap online test that told them so and no one else is a Jew because they say so.

• JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 865 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Bombing Hamas Reduces Suffering

Hamas is a hindrance to the Palestinian cause, due to its violent tactics and evil political agenda.

Hamas's rule in the Gaza Strip is known for its human rights abuses, corruption, and failure to provide basic services to the population.

Nomenclature
    @Dreamer
    Jews are a race created by the Spanish Inquisition.

Dreamer, I can honestly say you are one of the dumbest people I have ever spoken to. The Spanish Inquisition does not rule over what is or is not a race. That's the job of biology. 

The first historical articulation of Judaism as a race was during the Spanish Inquisition. 

Oh, I see. So a group of murderous, sadistic religious fanatics once claimed that Judaism is a race, therefore Judaism is a race? That's some pretty ridiculous logic if you don't mind me saying. On a similar note, the Son of Sam claimed he'd been told to kill people by a demonic entity who was inhabiting the body of a dog called Harvey. No reason to question either claim, obviously, because everybody knows that simply saying something makes it true.

The Myth of the Jewish Race

A Biologist's Point of View

More than sixty years after the death of Hitler, the defeat of Nazism, and the horrors of the Holocaust, the concept of a Jewish race is still alive and well in the minds of too many. This book is an attempt to destroy such a concept from both a biological and historical point of view. To be a race Jews would have to have been isolated from other populations. However, they never avoided crossbreeding and converted many non-Jews. In other words, from Day One Jews have married non-Jews, and therefore there is no way to genetically characterize them as a race. Nevertheless, many people find it difficult to accept the ideas that Judaism is not hereditary, but a religion, and that Jews who abandon the Jewish faith, whether they adopt another religion or none at all, are no longer Jews.

https://lupress.cas.lehigh.edu/content/myth-jewish-race

But hey, I'll admit defeat on this. Why would I listen to a qualified scientist instead of the Spanish Inquisition?
    @Nomenclature

The Spanish Inquisition does not rule over what is or is not a race. That's the job of biology. 
    Except your own source says there is no such thing as race!

As a trained geneticist, he became convinced that there are not and never were human races.

Race is a social construct.
    JulesKorngoldNomenclatureDreamerjack
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @Ampersand
    Except your own source says there is no such thing as race!

Except if you learn to read at any point in the future, you'll find it's Dee's source, not mine. 

Except you lied about agreeing with that source, and have continued to lie about it for the last two days. 

Except if biology says there's no such thing as race, I'm perfectly fine with that. 

You are so dumb that arguing with you should come with a mental health warning. Your attempts at building a straw man out of my completely correct statement that biology is what rules over what is or is not a race are just as pathetic as everything else I've heard come out of your delusional mouth in the last 48 hours.

@Dreamer
    Race is a social construct created by enemies, usually white people. To deny that Jews are a race is to be colorblind and therefore racist.

To deny that Jews are a race is to be intelligent enough to figure out how dumb the idea is that Jews are a race. As I've explained probably 15 times now to various halfwits like you, there are Chinese Jews, Japanese Jews, Arabian Jews, White European Jews, Black African Jews, Latino Jews and Inuit Jews. To propose that all of these groups are part of the same race requires a level of absurdity equal to that of claiming the world is flat. Your textbook appeal to emotion fallacy where I have to agree with your ludicrous (not to mention false) claim, otherwise I'm a racist, is also absurd on the same level as claiming the world is flat.

Dreamer
    Argument Topic: A person can be more than one race, take Kamala Harris both Black and Indian.

"She is not only the first female vice president but the first Black woman and Indian woman nominated for a major party’s national office." By Jessica McBride

A person can be more than one race. For example there are people who are both Black and American Indian.

Argument Topic: As long as racist anti-Semitism exists the Jewish race exists as a social construct.

As long as racist anti-Antisemitism exists the Jewish race exists as a social construct. The Spanish Inquisition created the social construct of the Jewish race. You don't have to be smart nor qualified to create and uphold a social construct.

Deadly mass shootings continue in racist anti-Semantic attacks. As long as these mass shootings are in recent memory Judaism as a social construct race still exists.

There are still many stereotypes that exist about the Jewish people. For example the picture in the above Wikipedia link.

In a way I think your efforts are noble but premature and are a form of colorblind racism. Yes, it would be nice to live in a post racist society where terms like Jew, Black, white, American Indian, Asian, and more had no meaning in regards to race. Yet, to get there we need to be race conscious today in lieu of colorblind racism.
    @Dreamer
     A person can be more than one race, take Kamala Harris both Black and Indian.

In which universe is that claim relevant to the fact that Jews are not a biological race? 

As long as racist anti-Antisemitism exists the Jewish race exists as a social construct. 

No. You're using blatant circular reasoning. You've arbitrarily declared anti-Semitism as racist, just so you can then qualify your false idea that Jews are a race. Anti-Semitism is religious bigotry, just like Islamophobia, not racism.

The Spanish Inquisition created the social construct of the Jewish race. You don't have to be smart nor qualified to create and uphold a social construct.

Jews are not a race even as a social construct, because the Jewish population is an amalgamation of numerous different "races" by the laws of existing social construct. I am continuously having to repeat the things I say to you three or four times. There are black African Jews, Chinese Jews, white European Jews, Japanese Jews, Arabic Jews, Inuit Jews and Latino Jews. There is not a race in existence today on Earth that does not include a Jewish population, which renders your mythology that Jews are a single race as utterly impossible. Judaism is a religion and that's an objective fact. It has absolutely nothing to do with race, and if you're dumb enough to believe otherwise well that's on you.

Argument Topic: Islamphobia can be a dog whistle for racism.

Yes, Islam is a religion and Muslims are the followers. Yet, people tend to think of Muslims are Arab therefore, any unfair criticism of Islam is racism against Arab people. View below video.

As for an amalgamation of numerous different "races", the problem is all races can be micro-segmented into smaller groups of race.  For example white people could call their selves Italian, Scandinavian, Irish, Polish, English, etc. This would only cause confusion, deny white privilege, and aggravate the colorblind racism that already exists.

Furthermore, even those "races" could be divided further into northern and southern Italians for example. Judaism has a lot to do with race because of racist hate crimes against Jews. If the Spanish Inquisition nor 3rd Reich never existed, you would have a case.

The 3rd Reich didn't say we are the master religion, they said race.

To reiterate, race is a social constructed caused by a dominant group racing a minoritized group. White people racialized Black people in the 1600's in Virginia colony.  As long as people white nationalist groups view Jewish people as a race and hate them they continue to racialize Jews.  
    @Dreamer
    Islamphobia can be a dog whistle for racism.

Yes, this is true. And it can also be true of Jews, when anti-Semitism disguises a deeper hatred for the racial identity of the group of Jews being persecuted. It's simply that Jews and Muslims as a whole both incorporate a wide variety of racial identities into their ranks. Just as with Jews, there are black African Muslims, Chinese Muslims and Latino Muslims. It's exactly the same concept and Muslims aren't a race or an ethnic group for the exact same reasons.

• JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 865 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: The Simple Answer

Jews can be considered a race, an ethnicity, and a religion.

In terms of race, there is no biological or genetic definition of Jewishness. However, many Jews have shared physical characteristics and a common ancestry, so some people consider Jews to be a race in a cultural or sociological sense.

In terms of ethnicity, Jews share a common cultural heritage, history, language (Hebrew), and social and economic practices. Jewishness is passed down from parent to child, and Jews often consider themselves to be part of a distinct ethnic group.

In terms of religion, Judaism is a monotheistic faith that is based on the belief in one God and the adherence to religious laws and traditions as recorded in the Hebrew Bible and other texts. While not all Jews consider themselves religious, and there is significant diversity among Jews in terms of religious practice and belief, many Jews do identify as Jews primarily through their religious affiliation.

So, Jewish identity can encompass aspects of race, ethnicity, and religion, and the way in which a particular Jew understands their Jewish identity can vary.

DreamerAmpersandNomenclaturejack
    @JulesKorngold
    In terms of race, there is no biological or genetic definition of Jewishness. However, many Jews have shared physical characteristics and a common ancestry, so some people consider Jews to be a race

As usual, you're simply twisting language around the facts. Many rugby players have shared physical characteristics, but that doesn't make rugby players a race. Many Christians have shared physical characteristics, but that doesn't make Christians a race.

Simply put, there is not a single iota of truth in your claim that Jews are a race.

Dee
    @Nomenclature

So you now agree there is no biological basis of race, fantastic.

But you also agree race is something people recognise, e.g. if you put Morgan Freeman and Morgan Fairchild next to each other there would be a consistent response from
    people about which Morgan was which race?

So race is a social construct, yes?

And social constructs are defined by society’s expectations, standards and beliefs by definition, right?

So Jews are a race because Jews are viewed as a race, as has been explained to you many many times.

It’s like asking “Why is the sky blue, why can’t that colour be called Fingleblat?”. I mean it could, society can define things however it wants, but that colour is defined as blue currently so therefore it is blue. Interestingly in ancient times many cultures didn’t have a word for blue (as it doesn’t occur naturally much and few cultures had a dye for it) and so seemed almost blind to it and often lumped blue as part of the colour green - because even the notion of specific colours is a social construct.
    NomenclatureDee
    @Ampersand
    So you now agree there is no biological basis of race, fantastic.

Show me where I have ever disputed that. I'll be waiting patiently you dishonest cretin.

But you also agree race is something people recognise, e.g. if you put Morgan Freeman and Morgan Fairchild next to each other there would be a consistent response from people about which Morgan was which race?

Stop telling me what I agree with. If there is no biological basis for race then race doesn't objectively exist, and all you're doing is deciding arbitrarily that a difference in skin colour constitutes a difference in race. Why not do that with hair colour? Or eye colour? 

So race is a social construct, yes?

If by social construct you mean something which isn't real, yes. God is another social construct. Unicorns are another social construct. 

And social constructs are defined by society’s expectations, standards and beliefs by definition, right?

Stop being ridiculously self-contradictory. How can something which isn't objectively real have an objective definition?

So Jews are a race because Jews are viewed as a race

Lmfao. Was the Earth the centre of the universe when the Earth was viewed as the centre of the universe? 

Your self-defeating circular reasoning is amusing, I'll give you that, but back on Earth things are either true or not true. They can't be both true and not true simultaneously. By admitting that race is a social construct, you're admitting that it has no basis in factual reality. We made it up. If we made it up, it isn't real. And if it isn't real, you can't then claim it's real just because we made it up. 

Which other planet are you living on where that is difficult to grasp?

Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited February 2023
    @Ampersand

“Why is the sky blue, why can’t that colour be called Fingleblat?”

Call it that if you wish , so you agree that the examples below  are blue /Fingleblat?

So which one below is a Jew?

Nomenclature
    @Nomenclature

Okay, so now we’ve identified some of the very basic things you don’t understand.

Stop telling me what I agree with. If there is no biological basis for race then race doesn't objectively exist, and all you're doing is deciding arbitrarily that a difference in skin colour constitutes a difference in race. Why not do that with hair colour? Or eye colour? 

False.

Your issue is that you claim that if there is no objective reason for something to exist, it can’t exist. There are are almost infinite obvious examples of how you are wrong.

Take almost every law in existence. Laws exist but the basis for their existence is inherently subjective, what some lawmakers think is best. Why for instance is the age of majority typically 18 years? Why not 18 years and 15 days and twelve seconds? There’s no objective reason for it, people just decided it would be best.

Is there an objective reason for any post you make to exist? No, you’re just a person subjectively deciding to make posts; yet those posts do exist.

If by social construct you mean something which isn't real, yes. God is another social construct. Unicorns are another social construct. 

By social construct I mean the basic definition I’ve explained to you many times and which you could easily google. It does not mean “something which isn’t real” so refusing to engage with a basic and well understood idea just makes you look a fool.

So to make this simple for you and to draw on your examples, religions are social constructs. You recognise that Catholic Mass is a thing that happens? Gathering together, listening to a priest, taking wine and bread from the priest, etc? Why is that Catholic Mass and not doing cartwheels? Or stabbing yourself in the arm? No particular reason except that over time people subjectively decided it was. Yes it exists as a rite that people conduct. Religion is a social construct, 

Similarity you recognise that the word unicorn in English refers to a mythological horse with a horn. Why? Why don’t we use the word blinglesplay? Or Fubbledub? People could have chosen any word to describe the idea, but they subjectively chose unicorn. You can look at the reasons people made subjective decisions because of etymology, but that’s just delving into why they made their subjective decision. The word itself indisputably exists. Language is a social construct.

Stop being ridiculously self-contradictory. How can something which isn't objectively real have an objective definition?

The same way every word has a definition despite being subjective. Seeing as you’re using words to communicate with me and you’re expecting me to understand, you’ve already implicitly conceded this point as there’s no objective basis for why any word should exist yet you’re assuming a shared understanding of the definition. Pease see above about language being a social construct.

Lmfao. Was the Earth the centre of the universe when the Earth was viewed as the centre of the universe? 

Is the absolute physical position of the earth a social construct? No. So obviously not.

You seem to think this is a sick burn but when one person goes “X is a social construct” and then the other person again and again shows themselves incapable of understanding the basic definition of what a social construct is, the second person just looks ignorant.

At this point do you think it is just worth you admitting “I don’t understand what a social construct is so can’t constructively respond to any of your points”?

Nomenclature
    @Dee

Yes, despite there being no objective reason that those particular wavelengths of light should be categorised as a single colour we can agree they are blue - because we both buy into and understand the same social construct of colour.

This social construct has changed over time and if you were to ask someone from 2,000 years ago they may use a word for a colour which covers the spectrum of colours we would separate into green and blue - because all social constructs are inherently subjective.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6180 Pts   -  
    @Dreamer

Virtually all of your arguments on this website one way or the other contain the following reasoning: "Since some people can use A for nefarious purposes, A is problematic", or "Since some people interpret A this way, this interpretation is warranted". Basically, you use the fact that someone does something - or even that someone has the ability to do something - to conclude that the assumptions they do it on are correct.

In your latest comment here, you made the following claims:

- Since some people, when talking about Muslims, really mean Arabs, any unfair criticism of Islam is racist.
    - Since some white people split themselves into subgroups in order to deny white privilege, any splitting into such groups is done with the purpose of denying white privilege.
    - Because hate crimes against Jews exist, Judaism has a lot to do with race.

Even granting you these extravagant assumptions (I have never heard of anyone singling out Arabs when talking about Muslims, nor do I understand what "white privilege" you are talking about), your conclusions do not follow from them.

Here is a demonstration of your reasoning. Some people drink alcohol because in their drunken haze they feel closer to God. Therefore any advocacy against drinking alcohol constitutes religious discrimination.

What is true or not does not depend on anyone's individual opinion. The fact that some people treat Jews as if they were a race does not imply that Jews are a race, it may simply imply that these people are wrong. By the same token, if I do not consider Jews a race, then I cannot be racist towards them by definition, regardless of what I do and regardless of what others do. If everyone else in the world hates Jews on racial grounds under presumption of them being a separate race, and I hate them, but on different grounds, then I am not being racist towards them.

This confision is a consequence of the silly constructivist idea according to which reality is socially constructed. According to constructivists, if people believe something to be true and act as if it was true, then it becomes true - and the minority who dissents from this does not change anything. If many white people are white supremacists, then all white people are part if the white supremacy phenomenon. There have been few mainstream philosophical ideas in human history as toxic as this one: it completely dismisses individual agency and treats (arbitrarily defined) groups of people as hive minds living collectively in their own virtual realities.

Is it surprising that in the modern world, with collectivism making a huge comeback, this kind of totalitarian thinking is becoming commonplace? A little bit. What I find more surprising is the arrogance with which people display it. They apply the "hive mind" thinking to everyone else, but believe themselves to be an exception, free individual philosopher kings. All the while merely parroting their gurus' ideas. In a funny twist, the actual hive minds believe themselves to be individuals and believe other individuals to be hive minds.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Ampersand

I got all that already , you never answered which one is the Jew?
    @Ampersand
    Okay, so now we’ve identified some of the very basic things you don’t understand.
    The only thing we've identified is that you're mildly delusional. You're mildly delusional and can't/don't/won't process when you're irrefutably, objectively wrong about something. You are textbook irrational.
    False.
    No, not false. Two perfectly legitimate and honest questions. Why do you believe difference in skin colour equates to difference in race, but not difference in hair colour or eye colour?
    Your issue is that you claim that if there is no objective reason for something to exist, it can’t exist.
    No, I do not claim that, and that is the third time in two posts you have invented your own argument and called it mine. 
    There are are almost infinite obvious examples of how you are wrong.
    Look, I don't know whether the problem is that you can't comprehend the things you read or whether you're deliberately inventing straw man fallacies, but either way you need to stop attacking things I haven't said. It's absolutely pointless and just makes you look like a halfwit.
    By social construct I mean the basic definition I’ve explained to you many times and which you could easily google. It does not mean “something which isn’t real”
    That's exactly what it means. Social constructs are not real. They are things society makes up which have no basis in objective reality.

So far I'm almost halfway through your trash post and I haven't found a single rational objection to anything I wrote.
    So to make this simple for you and to draw on your examples, religions are social constructs. You recognise that Catholic Mass is a thing that happens?
    No. You're making a very common error. The concepts within religion (i.e. God, Heaven etc.) are social constructs. Religion itself exists objectively. Equally, race is a social construct, while racism exists objectively.

Look, with all due respect you're just plain unintelligent, and since the vast majority of your response bears no relevance either to the facts or anything I wrote, I see little point in reading any further into your delusional trash post. You're wasting my time and time is precious.
  • BarnardotBarnardot 553 Pts   -  
    @Nomenclature ;Why do you believe difference in skin colour equates to difference in race, but not difference in hair colour or eye colour?

Because he is a normal person that thinks straight thats why he believes that and even if blind freddy was a 3 year old tard he would notice when some mooron exstreamist tries to pull the wool over his ears with the gilt trip nonsents about introducing a completely different thing and implying the same conditions. Just as well we dont get to many of these wiredo exstreamists with conspiracy dog mess littering there gray matter who try to get others to believe what they want them to do and be there puppets you know like replacing the dum evil conspiration government then get the nazis in to control every one because what goes on in their wacko heads is totally right right.