frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Daniel prophecy

Debate Information

The book of Daniel in the bible is the game changer. If it is true that it was written around 500BC yet all what it predicted was fulfilled in the following centuries, then that is not to be wished away. It leaves many like atheists and othe groups with a lot to explain to us. If on the other hand it was not written in the 5th century BC but at a later day when all things predicted had already happened yet claimed to be foreseen future invents, then Christianity is in trouble.

SO WAS THE BOOK OF DANIEL WRITTEN 500BC OR AT A LATER DAY LIKE 200BC AS SOME HAVE SAID. GIVE REASONS FOR YOUR ANSWER.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @seekerafterthetruth I think youll find that all of the Bible was written in about 300 AD because thats when all the scrolls and the books about Daniel and Daid and so in were translated and edited and put it in to one book. So it doesn't matter a toss really when those books were sposed to be written because there not 100% accurate any way. Any way the point Im pointing out is that it makes no difference in reel terms when Daniel was written and like so what any way.
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 828 Pts   -  
    The Book of Daniel was likely written in the 2nd century BC, during the time of the Maccabean revolt. It is a collection of stories, visions, and prophecies that were attributed to Daniel, a Hebrew prophet who lived in Babylon during the 6th century BC.

The book predicts the rise and fall of kingdoms, including the Babylonian, Persian, Greek, and Roman empires. It also predicts the coming of the Messiah and the end of the world.

The Book of Daniel is an important book in both Judaism and Christianity. It is a source of comfort and hope for people who are facing persecution or oppression. It is also a reminder that God is in control of history and that He will ultimately triumph over evil.

Here are some of the predictions in the Book of Daniel:

* The rise and fall of kingdoms: Daniel predicts the rise and fall of several kingdoms, including the Babylonian, Persian, Greek, and Roman empires.
    * The coming of the Messiah: Daniel predicts the coming of the Messiah, who will be a deliverer for the Jewish people.
    * The end of the world: Daniel predicts the end of the world, which will be a time of great judgment and destruction.

The Book of Daniel is a complex and fascinating book that has been interpreted in many different ways. It is a book that has both historical and prophetic significance, and it continues to be relevant today.
  • 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 184 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    @Barnardot

YOUR UNGODLY QUOTE TO THE WRITER OF THE BIBLE, JESUS!:  "So it doesn't matter a toss really when those books were sposed to be written because there not 100% accurate any way."

OMG, and you want to call yourself a Christian? LOL!  Listen up Bible dummy, the following passages in your primitive Bronze and Iron Age bible state the following pertaining to your Satanic quote above:

1. "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God…." (2 Timothy 3:16)

2. EVERY word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5)

3.  “And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD of God.” (Luke 4:4) 

Once again, take your Bible stupidity to a "CHILDREN'S Christian Forum" where you belong in the first place, and where you will be more at home with your Bible ignorance!

NEXT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN LIKE THE BIBLE "BARNARDOT" THAT WANTS TO SAY JESUS' INSPIRED WORDS IN THE BIBLE ARE NOT 100% ACCURATE, WILL BE ... ?

• BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @21CenturyIconoclast I think that you have already repeated what you just repeated and any one can tell you that Christians are responsible people and know that the Bible contains a lot of gibblets stuff any way. Like it said inspiration by God not inspiration By Jesus and inspiration means that that is not what God or Jesus said any way any way what Im saying is that your got to slow down and stop doing the crack and then youll stop miss quoting stuff thats miss quoted and stop repeating suff that all ready repeated. then people might take more seriouser.
    Nomenclature
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    @Barnardot
    what Im saying is that your got to slow down and stop doing the crack 

Sound advice Barnie.

21CenturyIconoclast has let his crack addiction spiral out of control and we all can see it.

@Nomenclature

YOUR LITTLE PRE-SCHOOL QUOTE TO THE BIBLE IGNORANT BARNARDOT: "21CenturyIconoclast has let his crack addiction spiral out of control and we all can see it."

As I have learned over the years in making bible ignorant pseudo-christians the fools that they are, there is always a "little boy pseudo-atheist" like you that crawl out of their mommies basement to "try" and disparage me as shown in your quote above. This is because they are jealous just like YOU that they can't do like I can do in QUICKLY Bible Slapping Silly®️ "ProudToBeCatholic" and "just_sayin," where they have RAN AWAY from my biblical refutations to their Bible stupidity as shown in this link and previous posts: https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/162275/#Comment_162275

Whereas you on the other hand, although knowledgable in other areas, waste your time with these pseudo-christian fools by not using their Bible to bat them over their heads with, because the crux of their faith is the JUDEO-Christian Bible, period!  When the Atheist knows the Bible, WHICH YOU DO NOT, you can bury the pseudo-christians without fail as I have explicitly shown. 

Nomenclature, if there is a next time "little boy Bible pseudo-atheist," have the nerve to direct your statement to me personally, instead of being a scaredy-cat by using your comment to me through the Bible ignorant Barnardot, understood? Good boy!

Your "going away present" is a Bible passage that since you didn't remain silent to me like before, because you learned your lesson the hard way with me making you the Atheist fool in this Religion Forum, is this apropos verse relating to you to remain silent to me again; "Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent" (Proverbs 17:28, ESV) 

Nomenclature, you are now excused.

NEXT PSEUDO-ATHEIST LIKE "NOMENCLATURE" THAT HAS TO THROW OUT LITTLE PRE-SCHOOL COMMENTS TO ME BECAUSE HE IS JEALOUS THAT HE CAN'T COMPETE WITH ME IN MAKING THE BRONZE AND IRON AGE FAITH OF CHRISTIANITY TOTALLY DISGUSTING IN THE 21ST CENTURY, WILL BE ...?

• NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @21CenturyIconoclast

Oh wow. That appears to be some really strong stuff you've scored. Do you think you could possibly sell me an 8 ball? Thanks, you dribbling imbecile.
    @Nomenclature

Nomenclature, the atheist that keeps on giving in showing his ignorance of the Bible, 

NOMENCLATURES LITTLE BOY TERSE QUOTE IN ADMITTING THAT I EASILY MADE HIM THE ATHEIST FOOL AGAIN: "Oh wow. That appears to be some really strong stuff you've scored. Do you think you could possibly sell me an 8 ball? Thanks, you dribbling imbecile."

Yes, you are correct,  I scored once again regarding you not learning the simple fact that you should not engage me because of me easily making you the pseudo-atheist fool all the time.  But, for some reason, you like it when you are shown to be a pseudo-atheist fool that couldn't argue his way out of a broom closet!

Take heed Nomenclature, please don't allow me to show once again in front of the membership your child-like vain attempts in addressing me, okay? Good, you will hopefully learn this time around to save you from further embarrassment.

NEXT PSEUDO-ATHEIST LIKE "NOMENCLATURE" THAT JUST CAN'T LEARN IN NOT MAKING THEMSELVES A FOOL IN THIS FORUM, WILL BE ...?
    @21CenturyIconoclast
    Yes, you are correct,  I scored once again 

Well, are you going to sell me that 8 ball or not?

@21CenturyIconoclast
    you should not engage me because

Because you're a completely pointless nincompoop who struggles to string a coherent sentence together? Or was there another reason?

@Nomenclature

Nomenclature, the atheist that keeps on giving in showing his outright Bible stupidity,  and who is giving Atheism a bad name by posting child-like statements within this Religion Forum,

YOUR QUOTE OF DESPAIR ONCE AGAIN AT YOUR EMBARRASSING EXPENSE: "Because you're a completely pointless nincompoop who struggles to string a coherent sentence together? Or was there another reason?"

How pitifully sad your quote above is, whereas I easily bring forth my truthful sentences in making you the Atheist fool that you are, and in the correct syntactical form, where you can only dream about in you doing the same, poor boy. :(

As we can readily see, you have to posit lame excuses to "try" and disparate me again, where this shows that you have lost any credence within this respected Religion Forum whereas you cannot, as embarrassingly shown, address pseudo-christians posts, other than to RUN AWAY from them! LOL!

What did we expect from a pseudo-atheist like YOU that is giving Atheism a bad name? YES, what you have shown us to begin with in your pitiful pre-school responses in this forum, duh!

Nomenclature, shhhhhhhhhhh, seriously, do yourself a favor in front of the membership, and just remain quiet to save you from any further embarrassment relative to "who you pretend to be," okay? We thank you.

NEXT PSEUDO-ATHEIST LIKE "NOMENCLATURE" THAT DOESN'T KNOW WHEN TO QUIT MAKING A FOOL OF HIMSELF WITH HIS LITTLE PRE-SCHOOL STATEMENTS IN GIVING ATHEISM A BAD NAME,  WILL BE ...?

@21CenturyIconoclast

That's very nice dear. These strapping young men in their shiny white coats would like a quick word before you leave, if that's OK.
  • OakTownAOakTownA 442 Pts   -  
    Why does it matter when the Book of Daniel was written? The story of the Boy Who Lived was written in the 1990's, and has prophecies that were fulfilled in the 2000's. That doesn't change the fact that the Harry Potter series is a work of fiction. How is this any different?