frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is Life Better When You're Young? Or Just Different?

Debate Information

I'm thinking about something Ricky Gervais said: "Everything is better when you're a kid." Is he right?

It seems to me like both the highs and the lows were more extreme. Life felt more exciting because it was a rollercoaster of emotions. Adulthood is a more mundane affair where each day blends into the next. It's true that there are precious few days when you're really sad and crying your eyes out, but the same is true about the highs. They're equally rare. It's like everything balances itself out and life becomes perhaps more tolerable, but ultimately boring.

Thoughts?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 828 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    Argument Topic: Still A Bully Boy

"Nomenclature" still calls us "morons" and "imbeciles" like a 5 year-old.
    NomenclatureSWHopkinsMineSubCraftStarved
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold

Go away please. You're not here to provide an opinion. You're here to cause trouble.
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 828 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Trouble?

"Nomenclature" knows a lot about causing trouble.   Like posting vulgar antisemitic cartoons deleted by aarong. 

We don't need "Nomenclature" on this site. 
    SWHopkinsMineSubCraftStarved
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    @JulesKorngold

Stop following me around the site and get a life you absolutely pathetic loser.
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 828 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Stalking or Exposing?

"Nomenclature" can't take some of his own medicine. 
    SWHopkins
  • John_C_87John_C_87 Emerald Premium Member 865 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    @Nomenclature
    Thoughts?
    "Promises in the dark", Pat Benatar, 1981, Capital Records.
    "Treat me Right", Pat Benatar, 1980, Capital Recoreds.
    It's a conection to liberty Nomen.......Somethings are about love not money. United States Consitutional right vs United States Consitutional wrong......
    "We belong", Pat Bematar, 1984,2002, Chrisalis Recoreds.
    Sometimes we just love different things in different amounts.....
       Quadringenti, Undecim, Quingenti, 
    Pater,

Sorry, I owe you a explanation to the song list. It just different as a child / young.

@John_C_87

I find I don't enjoy music as much as I did when I was younger. I don't know if you feel the same way.

I still like it, but it's more like thoughtless ear candy these days. Back in the day certain songs could really move me.
    @Nomenclature
    Lol..........................
    Music has moved passed me that is sure. I tend to work listning to white noise though even the clasifications of type noise have changed in ways I do not quite agree with either.
    However songs written about love tend to express things in writing far better then I might on short notice, if that makes sense.
    Great debate argument by the way.

@John_C_87
    Great debate argument by the way.

Thanks buddy.

I remember being back in school and the teachers warning all the kids that they aren't going to be young for very long, so they should make the absolute most of it. Nobody listened. Lol.

• BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @Nomenclature Well I can think of 2 people on this page who must be still real young because they keep having gos at each other like little kids biching and carrying on like little kids.
    I remember when I was a little kid and I remember where I lived we had to keep our dog in side most of the time because there was a real wierd kid who used to go round and knock off peoples pets.
    @Barnardot
    I remember when I was a little kid

Yup. That was back when you ate the McNuggets instead of making them, right buddy?

• BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87 ; I tend to work listning to white noise though even the clasifications of type noise have changed in ways

My dad left me a collection of his old Marcel Marceau records.

• jackjack 458 Pts   -  

Main entrance to the Auschwitz-Birkenau killing center

Hello hater:

Only a Jew hater would post a picture of Auschwitz..

excon
    @jack
    Hello hater:
    Only a Jew hater would post a picture of Auschwitz

What are you even talking about? Jack, you are simply a total, unadulterated halfwit. You're so offensively unintelligent that I'm embarrassed for you. You're an American atheist, not a Jew, and I haven't posted a picture of Auschwitz. You posted the picture of Auschwitz.

Put a sock in your mouth and stop pretending you're Jewish you dishonest little scrotum.

Dee
  • KekeeKekee 23 Pts   -  
    Both. Life in some regards is better when you are young but also in some regards worse

I hated school but I had easier time getting friends, I had easier time getting enjoyment and a lot of dopamine however I also had less freedom than now. But while I have more freedom I have to as an adult be more responsible. etc.
    Aarons_Big_Ego
  • KatiaDbateKatiaDbate 12 Pts   -  
    I think things are just different because everyone says being a kid is easy but It isn't that easy. When your an adult you have resopnsibility, this doesn't mean hard. Everyone corrisponds responsibillity with hardness but it's not! And life is maybe a little less sleep but it isn't hard you just have to be reponsible! We just have to work hard and be responsible, but there are also privleges to this. For every responsibility there is  privlege so adults have it easy here!
  • FactfinderFactfinder 773 Pts   -  
    I miss the nostalgia of innocence. You can be warm and cute one minute and be vial and throw a fit the next and everyone still loved ya! 
  • FactfinderFactfinder 773 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87

I'm a Pat Benatar fan too. Her, The Runaways, Janis Joplin, my hats off to all the female rock bands that broke through a male dominated field and nailed it!
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6053 Pts   -  
    Depends on the person, but for me (I am in my early 30-s) the past 2 years have been by far the best years of my entire life. I am in the best physical shape I have ever been, I have a ton of awesome friends, I travel all the time, I love what I do for a living, and I have developed enough skills and gathered enough capital to never have to depend on anyone else to survive ever again. Life is awesome, and it is getting increasingly awesome over time!

In contrast, when I was in my 20-s, I had no clue what I was doing with my life and that gave me a lot of anxiety, and in my teens and single-digits I lived with my parents, depended on them in all respects and had no personal freedom or space. Night and day.

I do not miss the past, and I am not prone to nostalgia. What's in the past is in the past, it is not interesting. I want to see only what tomorrow brings, and the day after, and the day after...