frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Does The Fact That Evil Exists Mean There Is No God?

124»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• maxxmaxx 1138 Pts   -   edited December 2023
    i do not understand it either. hides behind the web and throws insults; makes him feel like a man i guess. I mean, i am sure there must be plenty of sites he can go to that encourages such behavior, rather than a debate site. Perhaps he is drunk all of the time. family issues at home. No sex. We both know that psychologically speaking, people who act the way he does on a site not designed for such behavior, shows some kind of mental problem. @Bogan
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Bogan

Bogan back trolling ......again.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Hilarious Mad Max and Bogend constantly talking about me such is their joint obsession.

WARNING PARENTS ⚠️  LOCK UP YOUR KIDS , MAXX WHO LIKES THEM YOUNG IS ON THE PROWL .....AGAIN ......YUCK ....

• maxx said:
    well, i guess you are attempting to give dee a run for the next troll award. Calling someone dumb is not how to debate, now is it, nor is refusing to answer my questions. It does not matter what plato said. Our basic instincts is survival of the species, not entertainment. Do you have; oh i don't know, any kind of proof or actual logic that says war is or was fought over entertainment purposes?   @GnosticChristian
    Not what I wrote. Get the quote.
  • maxxmaxx 1138 Pts   -  
    maxx said:

why you do not think aggression is inherent;
    At our basic, we live for bread and circuses. We live to sustain ourselves and entertain ourselves.
    War is the epitome of entertainment.
    Men love to see the killer instinct and love of war pop out in their children.
    Watch any man watching his child play. His eyes shine the most when his child gives instead of gets.
    Humans are a hierarchic, biological species that has a leader or Alpha.
    We earn that position, in part, by physical prowess as far as our instincts know.
    We are created to compete, even to the point of war and death. 
    We should not change in other than controlling ourselves better in war, now that we can self destruct with nuclear M.A.D. 
    perhaps you should just explain what you mean then. war is not entertainment. movies are to some people. we are not created to compete, but to survive, competition is  simply an attempt to see who is better. Instincts do not "know" anything. and where do you get the idea that men love to see love of war or a killer instinct arise in their children? @GnosticChristian ;

GnosticChristian
  • maxx said:
    maxx said:

why you do not think aggression is inherent;
    At our basic, we live for bread and circuses. We live to sustain ourselves and entertain ourselves.
    War is the epitome of entertainment.
    Men love to see the killer instinct and love of war pop out in their children.
    Watch any man watching his child play. His eyes shine the most when his child gives instead of gets.
    Humans are a hierarchic, biological species that has a leader or Alpha.
    We earn that position, in part, by physical prowess as far as our instincts know.
    We are created to compete, even to the point of war and death. 
    We should not change in other than controlling ourselves better in war, now that we can self destruct with nuclear M.A.D. 
    perhaps you should just explain what you mean then. war is not entertainment. movies are to some people. we are not created to compete, but to survive, competition is  simply an attempt to see who is better. Instincts do not "know" anything. and where do you get the idea that men love to see love of war or a killer instinct arise in their children? @GnosticChristian ;

Let me quote your --
    "Do you have; oh i don't know, any kind of proof or actual logic that says war is or was fought over entertainment purposes?"

My statement was --
    "War is the epitome of entertainment."

We are not reading my words in context. 

That is why I have asked you more than once to tell me what the epitome of the drama we like or crave, if not war?

Out your brain in gear and answer questions, instead of asking not too bright ones, based on your inability to read in context.

• maxxmaxx 1138 Pts   -  
    you are combining too many opposing statements here. in which i ask again, to clarify your stance, or even explain what you are suggesting. I asked you why you thought aggression is inherent and take a look at your reply; because some people like war movies? Then you jump to another conclusion and say we are biologically made that way? then jump to How dads like to see the killer instinct in their children? and when questioned you fail to answer? again, where do you get these ideas? explain your stance, and stop bouncing up and down from ancient times to todays society. @GnosticChristian
  • maxx said:
    you are combining too many opposing statements here. in which i ask again, to clarify your stance, or even explain what you are suggesting. I asked you why you thought aggression is inherent and take a look at your reply; because some people like war movies? Then you jump to another conclusion and say we are biologically made that way? then jump to How dads like to see the killer instinct in their children? and when questioned you fail to answer? again, where do you get these ideas? explain your stance, and stop bouncing up and down from ancient times to todays society. @GnosticChristian
    When you start using my terms, we can see if you can follow a logic trail.

What opposing statements are you seeing?

If you cannot give a clear and concise reply, go back to school.
  • maxxmaxx 1138 Pts   -  
    seriously? well ok i asked you to clarify your statement so if you refuse to, ok by me. end of debate. @GnosticChristian
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

seriously? well ok i asked you to clarify your statement so if you refuse to, ok by me. end of debate

Oh dear some else disagreeing with Maxx.......maybe post a debate up asking A to ban him , you big gurl.

• Dee said:
    @maxx

seriously? well ok i asked you to clarify your statement so if you refuse to, ok by me. end of debate

Oh dear some else disagreeing with Maxx.......maybe post a debate up asking A to ban him , you big gurl.

Be nice to what might be the best apologist around here, inferior as it is. 

Everywhere I go, the complaint of poor apologists, and how they reply, is being spoken of.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin

Way to 'troll the ancient yuletide carol' . I know you are trying to get into the Christmas Spirit. I hope you and your family have a fantastic Christmas.  

I love Christmas,  a very happy one to you and yours 
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 999 Pts   -  
    Dee said:
    @just_sayin

Way to 'troll the ancient yuletide carol' . I know you are trying to get into the Christmas Spirit. I hope you and your family have a fantastic Christmas.  

I love Christmas,  a very happy one to you and yours 
    Merry Christmas to you.  
    Dee